Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

BrownianMotion posted:

looking for a decent new RPG (stands for role playing game) on steam if anyone has suggestions
trails in the sky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

it has a sassy female lead and tons of inconsequential flavor dialogue with npcs

bird.

Awesome! posted:

trails in the sky

nice! thx

3D Megadoodoo

god i hate the PHOTOGRAPH METAL GEAR SOLID DO IT PHOTOGRAPH IT LETS SEE THOSE PHOTOS HAHA mission. why the gently caress would the general public give a poo poo about whether or not the pics of metal gear were framed perfectly like some dumb pants-wetting nerd wanted? front left is front left no need to be anal about it!

3D Megadoodoo

jerry's getting mad at video games!

Pro Target

Jerry Cotton posted:

god i hate the PHOTOGRAPH METAL GEAR SOLID DO IT PHOTOGRAPH IT LETS SEE THOSE PHOTOS HAHA mission. why the gently caress would the general public give a poo poo about whether or not the pics of metal gear were framed perfectly like some dumb pants-wetting nerd wanted? front left is front left no need to be anal about it!

its insanely easy

3D Megadoodoo

Pro Target posted:

its insanely easy

the front left photo was taken from exactly the same (on the opposite side of the room obviously) vantage point as the front right photo but the former failed whereas the latter was OK. seems hosed up and bad to me.

cuntman.net

maybe the thing isnt symmetrical and the right side is more important

Pro Target

hmm. heres the strat i used.

1. went to the left of the metal gear, took a photo
2. went to the middle and took a photo
3. went to the right and took a photo.
4. went to the back right and took a photo of them arine logo
5. that was all, since it was Truely Epically Easy

3D Megadoodoo

TWIST FIST posted:

maybe the thing isnt symmetrical and the right side is more important

otacon said we already have a picture of the marine logo even tho there was no marine logo visible in the picture. i went back and took a photo that was almost identical and it passed :shrug:

also i have a fever and a cold and i'm cranky i hate everything grr

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Snake doesn't have the heart to tell his boyfriend this

3D Megadoodoo

Pomp posted:

Snake doesn't have the heart to tell his boyfriend this

has snake received the same psychological training as meryl?

also :lol: just met Iroquois Plisken* (and Raiden was too loving stupid to see that if Plisken really was part of Alpha team, he (Raiden) couldn't have used his weapon as Campbell just told him five minutes ago). and a gay vampire.

*) POP CULTURE REFERENCES :vince:

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Raiden sucks and I hate him.

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

drilldo squirt posted:

i haven't gotten the light sabre yet but i tried some of the raiden VR missions and lol I suck at judging what i can hit from where with the sword. i hope i can just play through with only the tranq gun because that's what i've been using so far. (i did throw a guy overboard but he was a meanie)

Scaly Haylie

drilldo squirt posted:

you haven't played Revengeance have you

FreshCutFries

Jerry Cotton posted:

i haven't gotten the light sabre yet but i tried some of the raiden VR missions and lol I suck at judging what i can hit from where with the sword. i hope i can just play through with only the tranq gun because that's what i've been using so far. (i did throw a guy overboard but he was a meanie)

you get to play with the sword for like fifteen minutes total in the actual game.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
I am the lighting, the rain transformed

3D Megadoodoo

Thingyman posted:

you get to play with the sword for like fifteen minutes total in the actual game.

well that's.. good then!

Scaly Haylie

Lizard Wizard posted:

armikrog's coming out real soon oh man

it's been pushed back to the 30th for bug-squashin' :(

bacalou

drew a bandit

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

bacalou posted:

drew a bandit

Good draw, very nice

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

After 140something pages, I think it's time to announce who the Official BYOB Videogames Thread VideoJames is

Salmiakki

bacalou posted:

drew a bandit

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

fuck. marry. t-rex

bacalou posted:

drew a bandit

Good use of domes

bacalou

doodled a horror before work

Al Borland

by XyloJW

bacalou posted:

what do you do for work?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

3D Megadoodoo

MGS2 jesus lolling christ please tell me MGS3 is going to be less "M. Night Shyamalan presents David Lynch's X-Files" because I don't think I can take another massive-twisted-plot-dump-cum-young-women-pissing themselves-game right after I beat this one (if I ever beat it. i think i'm close to the end now)

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
3 is a bond movie

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scaly Haylie

3 is not revengeance; skip with extreme prejudice.

FreshCutFries

Jerry Cotton posted:

MGS2 jesus lolling christ please tell me MGS3 is going to be less "M. Night Shyamalan presents David Lynch's X-Files" because I don't think I can take another massive-twisted-plot-dump-cum-young-women-pissing themselves-game right after I beat this one (if I ever beat it. i think i'm close to the end now)

there's a reason most people talk about 3 and not 2, but try to push through and beat 2; the arsenal gear segment near the end is really memorable.

Pro Target

2 was really good

Scaly Haylie

Thingyman posted:

there's a reason most people talk about 3 and not 2, but try to push through and beat 2; the arsenal gear segment near the end is really memorable.

it's ALL an arsenal gear segment if you think about it

Pro Target

3 is a lot more 'grounded' than the other ones tho

saboten

bacalou posted:

aw

thank u bacalou

joke_explainer

doesnt one of the games invalidate itself from the games canon at the end by going 'it was all in virtual reality this whole time'?

FreshCutFries

joke_explainer posted:

doesnt one of the games invalidate itself from the games canon at the end by going 'it was all in virtual reality this whole time'?

i think you're thinking of 2, but that's not accurate. the events of two were staged as a real life simulation of the events of one. it wasn't virtual.

Scaly Haylie

the real reason raiden will never be as good as snake is they didn't make a bullshit keycard puzzle for him

cuntman.net

joke_explainer posted:

probably one of the spinoffs

3D Megadoodoo

ha. all the people complaining about Raiden sucking: the partiots chose him precisely because he's a pissbaby fuckboy just like most of humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo

Thingyman posted:

i think you're thinking of 2, but that's not accurate. the events of two were staged as a real life simulation of the events of one. it wasn't virtual.

i killed 21 guys. 20 because i thought i was in VR at the time because my footsteps were glowing VRily :(