Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
A new Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's such a small visual thing, but I love the one talk bubble that's made up of the girl's cigarette smoke.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ran and the Gray World

What a lovely manga!

It's funny, it's lovely, it has a sense of wonder, of magic (well, easier to do with a magical setting but still :P). It's fluffy, and dreamy, and beautiful. It's romantic, and sexy.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Turin Turambar posted:

Ran and the Gray World

What a lovely manga!

It's funny, it's lovely, it has a sense of wonder, of magic (well, easier to do with a magical setting but still :P). It's fluffy, and dreamy, and beautiful. It's romantic, and sexy.

Ran and the gray world is probably in my top 10 favorite manga, creepy romance plot and all. It really does just have this sense of wonder to it that I haven't seen too much in other stuff.

Probably why it gets recommended in the 'convince in one image' thread all the time.

edit: And soredemo is probably in top 20, but I think I like the characters more.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Leper Residue posted:

Ran and the gray world is probably in my top 10 favorite manga, creepy romance plot and all. It really does just have this sense of wonder to it that I haven't seen too much in other stuff.

I have to confess I usually like "impossible love" in fiction. I know it's just a trope, but if it's well executed, it really pumps up the romantic tone. I also liked Please Save my Earth end, for example, or the Koi Kaze manga.

Obviously just in fiction, in real life it would be loving creepy. I somehow distinguish between the two, they are total separate entities. I know other people aren't like that, from personal experience.

I suppose in truth I'm not that different of people who likes "gay couple" pure love stories, as part of that appeal is their 'forbidden love'.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Turin Turambar posted:

I have to confess I usually like "impossible love" in fiction. I know it's just a trope, but if it's well executed, it really pumps up the romantic tone. I also liked Please Save my Earth end, for example, or the Koi Kaze manga.

Obviously just in fiction, in real life it would be loving creepy. I somehow distinguish between the two, they are total separate entities. I know other people aren't like that, from personal experience.

I suppose in truth I'm not that different of people who likes "gay couple" pure love stories, as part of that appeal is their 'forbidden love'.

I swear, if it's really you, I need to get this off my chest. I fell in love with you, I still love you to this day, and I will love you forever and even after the rolling credits.

But this is the seinen thread. Yaoi fluff is an entirely different genre.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

Dating another man =/= dating a magical elementary schooler

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
Here's a Slice of Life (SoL) Seinen submission from a first time caller. I'm advised that, as a doctor, that I am not to be held accountabke for the bad taste of the listeners phoning in requests.

Shoujo Apocalypse no Bouken!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

How is "Is Reiroukan Still Alive"?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Turin Turambar posted:

short but fairly enjoyable. and very pretty

coathat
May 21, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

It has a bunch of very sexy ladies.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Turin Turambar posted:

The only issue with it is that it seems to have been cancelled, but it still managed to end pretty well. It's funny, it's dramatic, it's gorgeously drawn, aaaaaaand

coathat posted:

It has a bunch of very sexy ladies.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

the person who drew it can draw some rear end

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=115888 someone translate this manga please

coathat
May 21, 2007

At least share the good pics man. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-09-06/new-manga-focuses-on-29-year-old-women-drinking-beer/.92516

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

raws?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am pumped as hell for ladies drinking manga/anime.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Oh hey I have a copy of that. All I remember is the short haired one likes weightlifting and often tries (and fails) to get the other two to join her.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

these are all the pictures i can find

i need the christmas cakes

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

you know who else is 29 years old and likes to drink beer? misato katsuragi

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

you know who else is 29 years old and likes to drink beer? misato katsuragi

Also me

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
giraffepeople

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Give me more.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am attempting a translation of the pages Richard posted.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I'm off work today so if you want any help with that lemme know.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I have done two pages. That is all I am going to do tonight. If z0glin or someone else wants to do more, they're welcome to, otherwise I'll get to the rest tomorrow.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You're doing god's work.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

z0glin Warchief posted:

I'm off work today so if you want any help with that lemme know.

Plese translate this

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

K. Flaps posted:

Plese translate this

Sure:

Her nickname is Sono, if you were wondering why it switches to that in the description at the bottom.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

we did it reddit!

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I really like the art style. I feel like I've seen it before somewhere?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Heh, reading through Baki 2 and I don't know when these were done, but some of the chapters came from Band of the Hawk. It never gets old seeing "Griffisu" and "Gatsu" used.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
keyman is v good if full of fan service if anyone isn't reading it

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Eyy

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Jose posted:

What I read of Keyman was pretty good but I'm super behind on it.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i saw this in the chat thread. thank you very much

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This is good. Today is good.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I want moooooore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose posted:

I've been reading it and I really like the main character. He's very unique as far as manga characters go.