Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I watched it and I liked it and I'm excited to see the Genos vs Saitama fight in episode 3 or whatever I don't know when it'll happen but I think #2 might be mostly mosquito woman if I trust my memory... well bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Episode 2 should be Mosquito woman and the genetically modified people attacking his house.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Pretty much everyone who's expressed interest in the anime on this board so far is someone who's already read one version of it or another.

Until we get a noticeable increase in anime-only watchers, I don't believe we'll require a third One-Punch Man thread at this time.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Pretty much everyone who's expressed interest in the anime on this board so far is someone who's already read one version of it or another.

Until we get a noticeable increase in anime-only watchers, I don't believe we'll require a third One-Punch Man thread at this time.

we should have one anyways, Onepunch deserves 3 threads

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It doesn't really even need two

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ONE punch man thread

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh wee i get to be the FBI

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh wee i get to be the FBI

female body inspector >:D

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

THE PENETRATOR posted:

fubuki body inspector >:D

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Listen. If you don't press the "disable smileys in this post" button, I don't know what to tell you

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Oh yeah.......

Next: GENOS

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
shittily drawn saitama being way worse animated than everything else in a scene is the best way they could have done that joke

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Can't wait to see fubuki in the anime. Also sos sonic's rear end.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I noticed a weird thing watching the third PV. Just about every time Speed of Sound Sonic's name comes up in the thread it's followed by a (lol) nowadays thanks to Genos, which kind of annoys me because it's running a joke in to the ground. When I read his title card in the PV though and there was no (lol) at the end of his name I was annoyed by it's exclusion. I think I'm getting stockholm syndrome for that joke.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Seriously though that early stream preview episode has me so hype but we still have to wait a month for the actual broadcast now.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So just an early interest check. We did a great job subtitling TTGL. I'm feeling the levels of hype are similar enough that it might work again. Or is there already a team expected to deliver quality work?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I assume that like almost everything that airs these days it is gonna get a simulcast somewhere

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah funi or crunchyroll will pick it up for sure. hopefully not funi

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Viz has it. They're streaming on their site (and most likely going through Hulu for that) and Daisuki.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Fansubbing is obsolete. Embrace the new world order.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

As long as there is corporate incompetence, fansubbing will remain.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Bad Seafood posted:

I think you mean "all according to keikaku" will remain.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait for Commie's subs of Single Strike Avenger, a name that I feel better fits the Japanese title and mythology and junk.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Actually, since the title is a parody of Anpan Man (Bean-paste-filled Bread Man) , the correct translation would obviously be Fruit Punch Man.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Slightly off-topic, but I just got the first two volumes off of amazon.
And hot drat.

It's pretty awesome, people should pick it up.

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!

Colon Semicolon posted:

I think you mean "all according to keikaku" will remain.

*keikaku means plan.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Clarste posted:

Actually, since the title is a parody of Anpan Man (Bean-paste-filled Bread Man) , the correct translation would obviously be Fruit Punch Man.

Saitama confirmed for new mascot for Hawaiian Punch.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bad Seafood posted:

yeah but most fansubbing these days is just ripping the official release and putting it up as a torrent

fan subbing used to mean something, goddamnit! It used to mean putting up giant obnoxious karaoke text and sticking to your bad translations no matter what!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

When they came for the translator's notes I said nothing, for I didn't read them anyway.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I miss ops being translated

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Namtab posted:

I miss ops being translated

I think most funimation shows actually have subtitled OPs

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

We don't have funimation here

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Seafood posted:

When they came for the translator's notes I said nothing, for I didn't read them anyway.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

True words, even truer when you leave USA.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad Viz has one punch man because otherwise Funi or Sentai would have it and those are both bad options

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Baal posted:

I'm glad Viz has one punch man because otherwise Funi or Sentai would have it and those are both bad options

One Punch Man, the story of a man named Simon Tammer who finds himself gifted with extraordinary powers

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wat

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

AnonSpore posted:

One Punch Man, the story of a man named Simon Tammer who finds himself gifted with extraordinary powers
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Time for more (ch.79):

http://imgur.com/a/Fzb9q