Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine

Broseph Brostar posted:

IIRC, Boss was going to have one breast hanging out with a sweetass snake tattoo instead of a scar.

Sounds more like they were going for the whole "Mother of Special Forces" than being sexually exploitative. They just figured out a better way to do it.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Doesn't Kid Mantis make up for a lot of it with telekinesis? I thought thats why Huey was freaking out the first time, he thought they somehow got it walking without him.

What I'm curious about is why was Emmerich so shocked they got it moving, despite them using it during "Where the Bees Sleep". Wasn't he directly working on it? Did he go to the washroom in the lab and they snuck it out for a joy ride?

Chippita fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Broseph Brostar posted:

IIRC, Boss was going to have one breast hanging out with a sweetass snake tattoo instead of a scar.

Breasts are symbols of maternity, nurturing, and life, not just sex objects.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Terminally Bored posted:

My favorite part of the plot was when five African children and Eli fixed a metal gear by themselves and then flew with it to the sunset. The gear ever fluttered its hands a little.

Huey: It needs to be piloted by a child, it should be able to be fixed by a child!

*Huey returns to work, ignoring the sounds of Strangelove slowly dying in Robo-Boss's brain*

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

Could Kojima be trying to say that Big Boss lives in a world that can only exist due to the exploitation of soldiers, and made the sole woman in the game exploited to show the point that Big Boss is surrounded by those who are exploited, making a deeer point about the Boss' will? I, personally, believe that he is.

I think you give Kojima a bit too much credit. I adore the video games he makes but at the same time..

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Here's the first bunch of discarded Sutherland dialogue we missed out on : https://soundcloud.com/gboon/sets/removed-venom-snake-sutherland-dialogue

This is just Paz stuff, but there's stuff for doing all iDroid poo poo, for building nukes (and disarming them), and some other stuff I haven't gotten a chance to look at yet.

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

Supreme Rear Admiral of Star Citizen
And i thought Kojima would make a decent plot until the very end of the game

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Chippita posted:

Sounds more like they were going for the whole "Mother of Special Forces" than being sexually exploitative. They just figured out a better way to do it.

No actually it was meant to be sexually exploitative. The legendary description of the Boss was to be "When you see the snake dance your death draws near," I think a somewhat similar line is still actually in the game. This was meant to be played up as a super foreboding message of death, but then you would see that it was instead a reference to how she would have a tattoo of a snake on her one naked boob that would bounce lot while she is firing heavy weaponry. Games are art.

Same thing with Quiet, all of his "regret your words and deeds" bluster was just lame justification for a cheesecake character.

There's NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVING a cheesecake hurr boobs are awesome character, at all. Just it's lame how many look at everything he does and assumes there's some super serious commentary about the nature of war or whatever. The guy loves tits, whatever.

The game does have some pretty heavy stuff to day (especially for a video game) but Quiet's design is not among them.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 9, 2015

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I mean, I feel like the game does have some heavy things to say about exploitation w/r/t Quiet, I just have no clue if it was intentional or not, as Kojima has written some really deep, subtle stuff, as well as some really heavy-handed, straight-up dumb poo poo.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

Could Kojima be trying to say that Big Boss lives in a world that can only exist due to the exploitation of soldiers, and made the sole woman in the game exploited to show the point that Big Boss is surrounded by those who are exploited, making a deeer point about the Boss' will? I, personally, believe that he is.

If there were female non-soldier characters that weren't exploited I'd be inclined to agree, like there are in the previous games (eg. Strangelove in PW, Rose in MGS2, Paramedic in MGS3)

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Question about Quiet:

I left the kill zone after I first encountered her in side-op 82 and got -50 heroism. Can I still find her and recruit her? I went back to where she was after restarting and she's not there now.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Broseph Brostar posted:

Yes but that didn't make it into the game because the development team thought it'd be dumb and vetoed it. I think that's the problem with 4, PW and V. Nobody really reigned Kojima in.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone remember the cutscene when the mist snipers are introduced in the Code Talker mission? Why doesn't the armored skull troops get that treatment?

Anyway, Pouncing Harrier is the best female character in the game anyway.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

No actually it was meant to be sexually exploitative. The legendary description of the Boss was to be "When you see the snake dance your death draws near," I think a somewhat similar line is still actually in the game. This was meant to be played up as a super foreboding message of death, but then you would see that it was instead a reference to how she would have a tattoo of a snake on her one naked boob that would bounce lot while she is firing heavy weaponry. Games are art.

Same thing with Quiet, all of his "regret your words and deeds" bluster was just lame justification for a cheesecake character.

There's NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVING a cheesecake hurr boobs are awesome character, at all. Just it's lame how many look at everything he does and assumes there's some super serious commentary about the nature of war or whatever. The guy loves tits, whatever.

Hrmmm. I don't think that's entirely accurate.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Neo Rasa posted:

She was rendered infertile, and even nurturing parts of her body have been turned into symbols of death by living in the military culture, that doesn't sound sexual to me at all.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone remember the cutscene when the mist snipers are introduced in the Code Talker mission? Why doesn't the armored skull troops get that treatment?

*camera slowly pans downwards, giving full view as the Skull's crotch is covered in thick spikes*

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
A snake suckling at the Boss's breast, hmm, Kojima must just like titties.

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
IF BIG BOSS SNAKE AND PUNISHED " VENOM " SNAKE SNAKE KISSED EACH ON THE LIPS WOULD IT BE GAY HOMOSEX OR MASTURB ? SORRY FOR CAPS BUT I MUST KNOW NOW

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Hrmmm. I don't think that's entirely accurate.

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine

Neo Rasa posted:

Well poo poo, that sounds awesome and witty as hell. Still brings out the whole motherly thing too, since well, breast feeding usually has one tit out.

Welp, time to subscribe to /r/CummingOnFigurines.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Photosynthesis: The "Well actually she's 5,000 years old so..." of Metal Gear Solid fans.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Funky Valentine posted:

Huey: It needs to be piloted by a child, it should be able to be fixed by a child!

*Huey returns to work, ignoring the sounds of Strangelove slowly dying in Robo-Boss's brain*

Huey: It was suicide! Also I never even met that kid!

DasKuend posted:

And i thought Kojima would make a decent plot until the very end of the game

Same. 5 really reminded me of 2. The twist was mostly the same - you're the character and you have to accept it. You meet villains you don't actually get to fight. Even pacing is similar, last third of the plot is really goddamn disjointed and the ending feels abrupt and not really earned. Also it would be cool to know at least some of the stuff that the real BB was doing during TPP or meet him during the game.

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

BurnBlackJay posted:

IF BIG BOSS SNAKE AND PUNISHED " VENOM " SNAKE SNAKE KISSED EACH ON THE LIPS WOULD IT BE GAY HOMOSEX OR MASTURB ? SORRY FOR CAPS BUT I MUST KNOW NOW

i dont understand the question it obviously depends on whether they use tongue or not

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

cargohills posted:

If there were female non-soldier characters that weren't exploited I'd be inclined to agree, like there are in the previous games (eg. Strangelove in PW, Rose in MGS2, Paramedic in MGS3)

There's technically Paz, although her memory was exploited by Big Boss as a way to try and reach back to happier days.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Now that I think about it, is there a character in MGSV that isn't exploited by another in some way?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

Now that I think about it, is there a character in MGSV that isn't exploited by another in some way?

Pequod?

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Killer Harrier

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

DasKuend posted:

i dont understand the question it obviously depends on whether they use tongue or not

NO TONGUES, BUT IF YOU WAS INT HE ROOM AND NOT ONE OF THEY IT WOULD BE UNCOMFOY . YOU WOULD WANT TO EXCUSE IT AND LEAVE ME

ANOTHER QUESTION AND WOULD IT BE WRONG ?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

There's technically Paz, although her memory was exploited by Big Boss as a way to try and reach back to happier days.

She's dead before the start of the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people in this thread have some real issues with women, and also their own dicks

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

BurnBlackJay posted:

NO TONGUES, BUT IF YOU WAS INT HE ROOM AND NOT ONE OF THEY IT WOULD BE UNCOMFOY . YOU WOULD WANT TO EXCUSE IT AND LEAVE ME

ANOTHER QUESTION AND WOULD IT BE WRONG ?

after reading your red text i assume your caps is stuck?

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

cargohills posted:

She's dead before the start of the game.

well

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

Endorph posted:

people in this thread have some real issues with women, and also their own dicks

can you have no issues with women? whoa thats a deep question man...

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

man if you guys think this is bad, I dunno how you're gonna handle Sexy Beach 4 comes out in two days......

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

DasKuend posted:

after reading your red text i assume your caps is stuck?

PRESUME , AND I DID NOT WRITE IT , SOMEBODY GOT ANGRY I MADE A GOT THREAT ONCE . WHEN I SAYED THAT YOU WOULD BE IN THE ROOM , IT WOULD NOT MAKE SENSE IN THAT IT WAS OCELOT , BUT IF IT WAS , KAZ , OR ANOTHER SOLDIER WHO WORKS

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine

Endorph posted:

i think it's more a real issue with fake women.. also a lot of otacons. Oh wait, even he gets some.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Kojima is the kind of guy who saw that Dead Island severed female torso pre-order bonus and got confused as to why people were upset about it. Years later he gets a Quiet figure with soft breasts and all is right in his world.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
i want a snake figure with a hard dick!!!!!!

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine

Buschmaki posted:

i want a snake figure with a hard dick!!!!!!

I think you mean a solid snake.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
https://soundcloud.com/gboon/sets/youre-fired-and-more-cut-snake-dialogue

Here's another bunch of cut dialogue.

It sounds pretty good fun stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

haha, I get it. Huey takes off his robot legs...........and manages to avoid drowning......ehehe

• Locked thread