Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Post about the LN on the LN thread you subhuman mutants

There is no LN thread. Also yeah people should mark their spoilers as LN is they are from the LN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There is an LN thread, it's just not the Overlord LN thread.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Post about the LN on the LN thread you subhuman mutants

The anime will end in a pair of episodes, leaving this thread as the LN thread.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Also technically the manga thread, assuming that's still going.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It is, but the manga hasn't had an update since the anime started. At least nothing in any capacity I can find online, which is a shame, because they are behind the anime now.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Zero_Tactility posted:

If you aren't already, you should be reading One-punch Man.

Had to find this again. Just caught the first episode of the OPM anime that just released. I am very amused. Thank you.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Bad Seafood posted:

PROTIP: When discussing spoilers from an original work in a thread dedicated to an adaptation of that work, consider specifying that you are talking about the original work in your post and not the most recent episode or whatever. Thanks!

This has been a public service announcement.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
^^^ Seafood's post quotes the Rokka thread, but the Rokka thread post is the same and quotes the Overlord thread. What black arts are responsible for this?! I feel like I need to go back to the Qualia of Purple thread to try to make sense of it.

I also like that the only real failure condition our hero's plans can face, outside of rebellion in his own ranks, is to be confronted with a threat big enough to make him reveal his power in public. And even then it wouldn't be that big a deal for them to see a big old magic skeleton around, but I just know he wouldn't be able to help himself ranting about Ainz Own Goal and Nazerick and whatnot.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

NowonSA posted:

^^^ Seafood's post quotes the Rokka thread, but the Rokka thread post is the same and quotes the Overlord thread. What black arts are responsible for this?!

The edit button.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Good, LN scum getting out of hand ! !

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That was rather ugly.

They censored it about as hard as I started to expect.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Mordaedil posted:

That was rather ugly.

They censored it about as hard as I started to expect.

I had thought that Shalltears face opened kind of like a muppet's when her bloodlust kicked in, and not whatever that was.

But yeah they cut a lot of stuff out from the LN, and I think most importantly all of Brain's internal monologue. It was a good characterization of the way he thinks.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Brain running away crying isnt as funny without the long inner speech about his KATANA. Only thing I really missed were Shalltears comment about the god she worships, Brain fight being a lot shorter and they didnt really explain what the party at the end was and what they did to Shalltear.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
LN question. Doesn't Brain vanish until volume 5 now when he meets up with Climb, Sebas and Gaz? So why bother characterising someone who will never be seen in the anime unless another studio picks up volume 2.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Welp. That was an episode. "Normal" vampires are way cooler than lampreys even if the latter are a bit grosser. A little bit disappointing choice in my opinion. But whatever, it works I guess. :shrug:

I'd watch a competition between Shalltear and Clementine involving 99 soldiers in an arena.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Iretep posted:

and they didnt really explain what the party at the end was and what they did to Shalltear.

I don't remember them explaining it in the LN either.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Verizian posted:

LN question. Doesn't Brain vanish until volume 5 now when he meets up with Climb, Sebas and Gaz? So why bother characterising someone who will never be seen in the anime unless another studio picks up volume 2.

LN spoilers: Probably because he was a pretty big focus in volume 3. Also they could be doing a season 2 so would be weird to skip him.

Edit:

Hagop posted:

I don't remember them explaining it in the LN either.

They were pretty vague about who they were but the reason why they were there was pretty clearly said. They definetly said what happened to Shalltear also.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 8, 2015

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Found a thing:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Iretep posted:

LN spoilers: Probably because he was a pretty big focus in volume 3. Also they could be doing a season 2 so would be weird to skip him.

Edit:

They were pretty vague about who they were but the reason why they were there was pretty clearly said. They definetly said what happened to Shalltear also.

They could always do a flashback from his perspective if they get that far.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Iretep posted:

Brain running away crying isnt as funny without the long inner speech about his KATANA. Only thing I really missed were Shalltears comment about the god she worships, Brain fight being a lot shorter and they didnt really explain what the party at the end was and what they did to Shalltear.

I assume they're going to explain who that party is and what they did next episode when they get around to explaining what exactly is up with Shalltear.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Serious Frolicking posted:

They could always do a flashback from his perspective if they get that far.

This is volume 3. The last five episodes were all of volume 2. The first four were volume 1. Volume 5 would be like the middle arc in the second season.

Poil posted:

Welp. That was an episode. "Normal" vampires are way cooler than lampreys even if the latter are a bit grosser. A little bit disappointing choice in my opinion. But whatever, it works I guess. :shrug:

I'd watch a competition between Shalltear and Clementine involving 99 soldiers in an arena.

This is what she was supposed to look like:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This episode felt kinda rushed. Don't bail on me Madhouse! :ohdear:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
This is the part I wish they'd linger a little longer on and they just rushed past it. We didn't even get to see a bandit explode like a blood balloon, how bad the bandits really were, how Solution deals with her victims where the guys arm suddenly pokes through her face and nothing.

Okay, maybe those things were cut for being funny. And I can see why they wouldn't show a bandit licking the brain matter of another from Shalltears shoe, but still. I'm not sure how they are going to do this last part.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Found a thing:

LN spoilers in there, actually.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Hey, can you not do that thing, tia.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
That went fast, yay. Next ep prolly gonna end volume 3 and then its time for Lizardmen!. It kinda sucks that their gonna have to finish that in like 2 eps though, i loved volume 4 and condensing that to 2 eps like this one will be way to fast.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

We didn't even get to see a bandit explode like a blood balloon, how bad the bandits really were, how Solution deals with her victims where the guys arm suddenly pokes through her face and nothing.

And I can see why they wouldn't show a bandit licking the brain matter of another from Shalltears shoe, but still.

*licks lips weirdfixationongorefully*

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Namtab have you ever gone to a doctor to see about your lip licking habit?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Iretep posted:

She worships a god? Could you elaborate on it.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Captain_duck posted:

That went fast, yay. Next ep prolly gonna end volume 3 and then its time for Lizardmen!. It kinda sucks that their gonna have to finish that in like 2 eps though, i loved volume 4 and condensing that to 2 eps like this one will be way to fast.

Volume 4 isn't going to happen. The opening also has Sebas preparing to fight, but it's not like we're going to do Volume 4 and Volume 5 in one episode each.

MonsterEnvy posted:

She worships a god? Could you elaborate on it.

“First time I’ve seen that kind of magic… you’re a magic caster?”

A magic caster would have no need for armor, which would explain why these two would be wearing a dress in a place like this.

“A faith based magic caster, believer of the bloodline of the origin, God Cainabel.”

“Cainabel? First time hearing of a god by that name. Is he an evil god?”

“Yes, he belonged to that category. Well, he was defeated by the Supreme Beings anyways. According to them, he was a ‘weak event boss’. “

Shalltear is basically a vampire paladin.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah I wish the pacing had been a little slower and I didn't really like shalltear's true vampire form. Hopefully next week's will be better.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Einander posted:

Volume 4 isn't going to happen. The opening also has Sebas preparing to fight, but it's not like we're going to do Volume 4 and Volume 5 in one episode each.

“First time I’ve seen that kind of magic… you’re a magic caster?”

A magic caster would have no need for armor, which would explain why these two would be wearing a dress in a place like this.

“A faith based magic caster, believer of the bloodline of the origin, God Cainabel.”

“Cainabel? First time hearing of a god by that name. Is he an evil god?”

“Yes, he belonged to that category. Well, he was defeated by the Supreme Beings anyways. According to them, he was a ‘weak event boss’. “

Shalltear is basically a vampire paladin.

Don't anime like these usually only run for one season? I wonder how they're going to end it.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
As far as I know LNs are still being written, which is the primary motivator for this kind of anime, so I wouldn't completely rule out a second season but I don't really expect one either.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If this season sufficiently drives ln sales that is generally enough to get another season. Though, the lizardmen would be a terrible way to start a new season so who knows?

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Einander posted:

You think the remaining 3 eps will all be in volume 3? Why would they have done it so fast this episode then. Theres that not much left to volume 3, just the shalltear fight from what i remember.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Captain_duck posted:

You think the remaining 3 eps will all be in volume 3? Why would they have done it so fast this episode then. Theres that not much left to volume 3, just the shalltear fight from what i remember.

I believe there is a far higher chance of adapting one book into 4 episodes than 2 books into 2 episodes each.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hopefully it won't have a filler ending. That almost always kills the chances of subsequent seasons for some reason.

I think there were a couple of things from audio dramas they could adapt, though.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Mixed bag of an episode. Shalltear came out looking like some sort of demented goblin and the censoring was pretty unexpected, especially after episode 3.

Captain_duck posted:

LN spoilers:
There's the probing, realizing she's under world class mind control, and then going into the lowest levels for world class items and meeting a pompous nazi pandora's actor. Then there'll be some back and forth with the humans before the actual fight.

I'm certain they're just going to stretch volume 3 to the end even if they skipped a few things this episode like (LN spoilers) all of Brain's monologuing about his KATANA, Shalltear throwing one of her minions, and that one guy specifically saying he wanted to be inside Solution instead of "getting a taste" of her. Guess the network watchdogs wouldn't let that that one fly. I expect they'll flash back at some point because Shalltear going from two minions down to one without any explanation is pretty glaring.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Serious Frolicking posted:

If this season sufficiently drives ln sales that is generally enough to get another season.

No Game No Life
The Devil is a Part-Timer

• Locked thread