Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Slim Pickens posted:

Because an optic, ir laser and flashlight all come in handy if you're trying to shoot your gun good and our military can afford to buy new shiny stuff for pvt retard to fall on and break

Its worth mentioning that those gadgets are more valuable to the organization than the person using it, and the system is designed to make this very clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I dunno PEQs were pretty handy to have on the minimi.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Godholio posted:

Its worth mentioning that those gadgets are more valuable to the organization than the person using it, and the system is designed to make this very clear.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does the outer circle climb on top, or what?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ok....EVERYONE

THRUST ON THREE

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Chinatown posted:

Ok....EVERYONE

THRUST ON THREE

Chinese space program looking good.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Now do the same thing but with a sabot round :getin:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Godholio posted:

Does the outer circle climb on top, or what?

Their job is to stand in line and applaud. It's the Chinese military's version of full employment

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

not caring here posted:

However you never want to be near any retard who has a loaded gun at night because he will probably shoot you accidentally.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:thurman:

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Christ, I'm glad that the NZ army finally got rid of it's old C9s. At the start of a blank fire you'd put them straight to adverse because they wouldn't fire properly on normal, and of course that just death-spiraled them.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Jaguars! posted:

Christ, I'm glad that the NZ army finally got rid of it's old C9s. At the start of a blank fire you'd put them straight to adverse because they wouldn't fire properly on normal, and of course that just death-spiraled them.

I thought New Zealand had abolished its army in the latest rounds of defence cuts? Or was that the RNZAF?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

The M27 is the HK416, it's just our military designation for it instead of the name HK gave it. And the idea behind it replacing the SAW is that it's lighter and easier to maintain while still providing respectable accuracy and rate of fire. Honestly I was a POG so it really doesn't matter what my opinon is, but my small amount of experience loving around with the 249 was just dealing with a heavy gun that wasn't the easiest thing to work on in the armory and they never let our guys use it with anything other than a STANAG in it it anyhow, so it was a pretty pointless thing.

I rock a bipod on my 416, mostly so I can scratch my balls or apply dip while securing a passageway during house drill, but I've occasionally put it to use as a kind of LMG with the 3x magnifier on it. Works like a charm. The 416 is loving heavy to begin with - about as heavy as the shrimp trawler anchor G3 it replaced - so it's natural it can take a fair amount of heat. Also the reason why specops said "gently caress lol no" when asked if they wanted to trade in their C8's, which feel like plastic mockups in comparison.

Still loving dumb to act like it's a true machine gun, tho'.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

IDGI, isn't the 416 just an m4 with a gas piston? A C8 is like 100g lighter than a short 416.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

evil_bunnY posted:

IDGI, isn't the 416 just an m4 with a gas piston? A C8 is like 100g lighter than a short 416.

The HK416 is just a German AR-15 with a gas piston. You can technically make one by slapping the upper on any AR lower. An HK416 with the same barrel length as a C8 or M4 would weigh the same. You get more weight the longer the barrel and the more poo poo you slap on like scopes and bipods.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

.......?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:dogbutton:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

No idea wtf

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
an RC jet

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

chitoryu12 posted:

The HK416 is just a German AR-15 with a gas piston. You can technically make one by slapping the upper on any AR lower. An HK416 with the same barrel length as a C8 or M4 would weigh the same. You get more weight the longer the barrel and the more poo poo you slap on like scopes and bipods.

They also added a firing pin safety block on the carrier that you have to have a special hammer to actuate or some poo poo.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

evil_bunnY posted:

The gas piston adds weight, and apparently the quad rails HK ships them with are heavy.
EDIT: It also has a thicker barrel profile than the M4.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 8, 2015

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Don't they also make their lower receivers from steel instead of aluminum?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mike-o posted:

Good lord, why?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Godholio posted:

Good lord, why?

Guter deutscher Stahl

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

ArchangeI posted:

I thought New Zealand had abolished its army in the latest rounds of defence cuts? Or was that the RNZAF?

You're probably thinking of the Air combat wing, which was dumped in 2001. They used to fly A-4s.
E: cause it's the picture thread.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 8, 2015

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Mike-o posted:

There's no way they'd get away with only a 100g difference if that were the case. The weight on the canadian 416 must come from the dumb quad rail.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

evil_bunnY posted:

16.5" barrel so it's more like 700g which is a lot for something you carry all the time. The C is indeed vastly more light and handy.

Mike-o posted:

lol hell no. I think the German sniper variant in 7.62 has a steel upper (begging the question "why the gently caress?").

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Force de Fappe posted:

16.5" barrel so it's more like 700g which is a lot for something you carry all the time. The C is indeed vastly more light and handy.
Oh lol they gave them full sizes instead of shorties? That explains it, thanks.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Jaguars! posted:

You're probably thinking of the Air combat wing, which was dumped in 2001. They used to fly A-4s.
E: cause it's the picture thread.

A-4s which are now owned by the world's largest private airforce.

They also have another 30-some jet trainers/light fighters and 25 MiG-21s.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

C.M. Kruger posted:

Hmmm I saw a section of those A-4s at Cherry Point. They are pretty bad rear end looking.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

C.M. Kruger posted:

If Tom Clancy was still alive, he'd be plotting out a novel right now (so that someone else could write it for him).

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ArchangeI posted:

If Tom Clancy was still alive, he'd be plotting out a novel right now (so that someone else could write it for him).

HAWX?

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

My friend is convinced the M27 program is just a sneaky way to get brand new ARs into service.

Isn't a sneaky way to reintroduce IARs to your military the literal reason they are doing this? Not joking, it is literally the reason they are doing this with mags, right?

E: just so you are prepared, have the collated nuke info stuff that was going to be be on all the channels in the UK in the lead up to the four minute warning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg

It is some really creepy poo poo, the further they go on the closer concentrated sunshine gets, and the stranger the infomercials are.

"Upon hearing this sound *sound plays* Stick your kids in that 'inner refuge' in the 'fallout shelter' we have been telling you to build for the last few weeks and turn off the power and gas... 'there's a good chap'"

Spacman fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 8, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

worth a read

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2171404/Zippo-lighters-U-S-troops-fighting-Vietnam-unique-insight-war-life.html

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Posted before but its still the best one:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I desperately want that to be recovered by future archaeologists.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

POG spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Chinatown posted:

Posted before but its still the best one:

this is all i want on my headstone

• Locked thread