Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

Supreme Rear Admiral of Star Citizen

lovely Wizard posted:

https://soundcloud.com/gboon/sets/youre-fired-and-more-cut-snake-dialogue

Here's another bunch of cut dialogue.

It sounds pretty good fun stuff too.

ahahaha your av and text : D the people around here <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm completely alright with this game but I will definitely act like a big baby rear end in a top hat to anyone i need to in order to get a directors cut.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Kojima is the kind of guy who saw that Dead Island severed female torso pre-order bonus and got confused as to why people were upset about it. Years later he gets a Quiet figure with soft breasts and all is right in his world.
please stop projecting onto kojima

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

update: please stop projecting onto kojima, guy with 2 pages of posts in the 'what are your favorite castration scenes?' thread

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

lovely Wizard posted:

Okay, these I'm glad were cut. We don't need quips for every little thing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ahahahahahahahahah

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

oh no

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

rip

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

seems like that thread is about horror movies and the whole "favorite castration scenes" is like a joke of some kind

i think. i'm not a scientist

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm kind of curious about what happens if you fire all your staff that speaks Kikongo before the quarantine event happens.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Anyone know where I can take a listen to that Venom Snake monologue "I never forgot what you told me boss." Etc.

It was removed from youtube.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Gortarius posted:

Anyone know where I can take a listen to that Venom Snake monologue "I never forgot what you told me boss." Etc.

https://a.pomf.cat/abcyrl.mp4

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm kind of curious about what happens if you fire all your staff that speaks Kikongo before the quarantine event happens.

Discriminating against an ethnic group for speaking a certain language? Has this game taught you nothing?

Real answer: i heard it happens anyway via volunteers.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Minorkos posted:

seems like that thread is about horror movies and the whole "favorite castration scenes" is like a joke of some kind

i think. i'm not a scientist

It is. Endorph is just being silly.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Oxxidation posted:

Okay, these I'm glad were cut. We don't need quips for every little thing.

Quips?

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Just wait, MGS6 will be all the cut content of Venom fighting Eli.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don't know why people want more Eli.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Gortarius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxOfqxp64c

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Panzeh posted:

I don't know why people want more Eli.

It was sort of silly to have him and the child soldiers fly away with a super metal gear and a language parasite with no word from them again. That's two mega plot devices being stolen by a third.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

We'll all have been played like a fiddle when TGS comes around and shows off episode 51 and some other cut content are being rolled into Metal Gear Online when it hits.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
I'm confused, why would they cut all these sound clips of Kiefer? Like, this is one of the main complaints. Kiefer not talking enough, Kiefer not even making nominal grunts and such during a scene. Even a hrmmm or a hrmpf or ANYTHING. It feels broken and unfinished...aaaand here's the sound clips they didn't get to implement I guess?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Dohaeris posted:

I'm confused, why would they cut all these sound clips of Kiefer? Like, this is one of the main complaints. Kiefer not talking enough, Kiefer not even making nominal grunts and such during a scene. Even a hrmmm or a hrmpf or ANYTHING. It feels broken and unfinished...aaaand here's the sound clips they didn't get to implement I guess?

Also note that these are just the ones that I found in the folder for gameplay (stuff that is actually said by venom snake during gameplay/idroid) - that they would cut the Paz stuff means there's an extremely likely chance that there's a bunch of cutscene stuff they cut as well, and Kojima cut it just to push some "Venom Snake is the player" meta poo poo.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

lovely Wizard posted:

Also note that these are just the ones that I found in the folder for gameplay (stuff that is actually said by venom snake during gameplay/idroid) - that they would cut the Paz stuff means there's an extremely likely chance that there's a bunch of cutscene stuff they cut as well, and Kojima cut it just to push some "Venom Snake is the player" meta poo poo.

All of a sudden, Konami's claims that Kojima has been grossly mishandling the budget makes much more sense given how expensive Kiefer is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

iGestalt posted:

I think you give Kojima a bit too much credit. I adore the video games he makes but at the same time..

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/641329589554442244
that was fast.

but on topic. I was OK with the plot for the most part and even quiet. yeah she came off as little too "child" like, but she was great in gameplay.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dohaeris posted:

The release was rushed because Kojima got fired because Konami wants to be a pachinko company since that makes way more money in Japan for way less effort

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/641329589554442244
that was fast.

but on topic. I was OK with the plot for the most part and even quiet. yeah she came off as little too "child" like, but she was great in gameplay.

I like that the last head upgrade for D Walker turns him in to Quiet but with a flamethrower or gatling gun instead of a sniper rifle. It was pretty hilarious to dump him in to a base and watch the situation devolve for the dudes stationed there

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol if you think the man who made mgs4 purposefully cut all this poo poo. The conspiracist in me is seeing a Konami meeting where Kojima rolled in and said "i need a delay", konami said no, he says "no seriously we're not going to be done" and Konami said "well we have no more money".

Now imagine if Kojima was this close to a finished MGSV and had to cut one of his sprawling retarded stories down to "you wake up from GZ, meet some people, hear about some parasites and a plot to destroy english, and beat him". Think that might cause some trouble between him and konami brass?

God i hope we get a tell all and an even bigger bowl of bullshitty "well i wanted to do this but..." than previous games.

All in all though I could see chapter 1 being mostly complete and a "full" version of the story being more to do with dealing with the poo poo skull face put in motion, as in you're fighting an actual phantom baddie who's dead and gone but still causing poo poo. The dialogue after his death seems to imply this, and obviously there was going to b3 more involving Eli.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Chippita posted:

The entire game is a phantom pain for most MGS fans. It's missing a lot of things we came for. What we got was still worthy of the Metal Gear title, but how the gently caress did this cost any more than MGS3?

What? This game is like 100x the size of MGS3. It has a big-name voice actor, a much larger promotional budget, they built an incredible new video game engine from the ground up, and making a AAA game for the PS4 is always going to cost more than a PS2 game just by its very nature.

This game was perhaps overly ambitious (though again, it's really not *that* insane of a budget), but saying it shouldn't have cost more than MGS3 is insane.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
How do you erase your save file if you want to start over on PC? I know I could just replay the missions, but I went and did the Quiet mission and the parasite thing hosed up my base something fierce anyway. I imagine this will also reset all the FOB stuff, not that any of that matters since PC cheaters.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
Okay, so last time I asked this I tried to be funny and it didn't really work out, and like, everybody got mad at me and this one guy, like, said I was a retard, which kinda hurt my feelings, because, you know, I do have a bachelor's degree, and I don't like to think that they gave to me out of sympathy or anything, I mean, you know, I think I'm a pretty okay guy when it comes to thinking and stuff, and then he compared MGSV to Citizen Kane or something, I don't know, I was out jogging...

Look, none of that's important, all I would like, is for someone to give me a general breakdown of the some parts of the plot I'm getting confused about in it because I tried spoiling it for myself on the wiki but it got kinda convoluted with all the hotlinks and twelve page articles detailing the contents of Snake's pores(<-- No, don't look for this article, I'm exaggerating).

Hmm, I'll break down my questions like this:

Where did this virus thing come from?

So Big Boss in MGI is actually this medic guy? Is the medic guy a recurring character from a psp game or something(played MGS1-3)? And Big Boss in MG2 is real Big Boss?

Do they ever explain what happened to communist metal gear rex after Liquid Eli took it and why it looks exactly like metal gear rex?

Do they ever explain where all this high robotech came from in the 1980s? (Don't worry guys, I know it's not important, and I know 3 was even worse, I'm just asking)

And I defend my comments alluding to a desire to see Ocelot punched in the face as my memories of him consist entirely of him being a cowboy cosplaying creepo in MGS1 who potentially tortures Meryl to death, and MGS2 where he's a dick that flings itself in everyone's face, MGS3 he was okay in a lost puppy kind of way I guess. I just want to see him get punched in the face once, just the one time, it doesn't even have to break his nose or anything, it can just be like a playful shoulder tap gone awry, then he can go back to being a cowboy waifu.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Dohaeris posted:

How do you erase your save file if you want to start over on PC? I know I could just replay the missions, but I went and did the Quiet mission and the parasite thing hosed up my base something fierce anyway. I imagine this will also reset all the FOB stuff, not that any of that matters since PC cheaters.

There's a Delete Save Data option right on the title screen :confused:

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

repiv posted:

There's a Delete Save Data option right on the title screen :confused:

Also there's a return Quiet file editing trick someone figured out if you're on PC.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lovely Wizard posted:

CONSECUTIVE

C

Q

C

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

lovely Wizard posted:

It was sort of silly to have him and the child soldiers fly away with a super metal gear and a language parasite with no word from them again. That's two mega plot devices being stolen by a third.

Eli has no character. All he does is want to fight and get mad, and Miller was way better at being mad than Eli.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Panzeh posted:

Eli has no character. All he does is want to fight and get mad, and Miller was way better at being mad than Eli.

That's how he was in MGS1, I don't see the issue here.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Idk that there has to be a reason the head looks like Rex. Here's one im making up:

With strangelove and huey out of the picture it's too difficult to develop another piloting pod in time for Rex, but the rest is easy enough, Liquid gives it back to the US govt as a gesture of goodwill when he joins FOXHOUND. Possibly under the direction of Ocelot in a knowing plot to get a shadow moses incident going.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Okay, so last time I asked this I tried to be funny and it didn't really work out, and like, everybody got mad at me and this one guy, like, said I was a retard, which kinda hurt my feelings, because, you know, I do have a bachelor's degree, and I don't like to think that they gave to me out of sympathy or anything, I mean, you know, I think I'm a pretty okay guy when it comes to thinking and stuff, and then he compared MGSV to Citizen Kane or something, I don't know, I was out jogging...

Look, none of that's important, all I would like, is for someone to give me a general breakdown of the some parts of the plot I'm getting confused about in it because I tried spoiling it for myself on the wiki but it got kinda convoluted with all the hotlinks and twelve page articles detailing the contents of Snake's pores(<-- No, don't look for this article, I'm exaggerating).

Hmm, I'll break down my questions like this:

Where did this virus thing come from?

So Big Boss in MGI is actually this medic guy? Is the medic guy a recurring character from a psp game or something(played MGS1-3)? And Big Boss in MG2 is real Big Boss?

Do they ever explain what happened to communist metal gear rex after Liquid Eli took it and why it looks exactly like metal gear rex?

Do they ever explain where all this high robotech came from in the 1980s? (Don't worry guys, I know it's not important, and I know 3 was even worse, I'm just asking)

- Cipher revived the parasite by genetically engineering a descendant of the original parasite to restore it to life.

- Yes, Venom is the Big Boss in MG1. The Medic was only introduced in Ground Zeroes, but functionally he is supposed to be one of guys you recruit in Peace Walker.

- In the unfinished Chapter 51, Sahelanthropus was recovered by Diamond Dogs. It's resemblance to REX can be chalked up to Otacon unwittingly copying its design from when he piloted it as a kid, or Liquid influencing REX's deisgn, or who knows.

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 9, 2015

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

- Cipher revived the parasite by genetically engineering a descendant of the original parasite to restore it to life.

- Yes, Venom is the Big Boss in MG1. The Medic was only introduced in Ground Zeroes, but functionally he is supposed to be one of guys you recruit in Peace Walker.

- In the unfinished Chapter 51, Sahelanthropus was recovered by Dianond Dogs. It's resemblane to REX can be chalked up to Otacon unwittingly copying its design from when he piloted it as a kid, or Liquid influencing REX's deisgn, or who knows.

You are such a nice young man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Funky Valentine posted:

That's how he was in MGS1, I don't see the issue here.

I already got enough of that non-character in mgs1 and he's more tolerable when you get to kill him.

• Locked thread