Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie

Jerry Cotton posted:

ha. all the people complaining about Raiden sucking: the partiots chose him precisely because he's a pissbaby fuckboy just like most of humanity.

glad you found him relatable :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
at 47 hours into V I unlocked clothes for quiet but she doesn't give you maphacks like the dog so she's still gonna go unused

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

3D Megadoodoo

Lizard Wizard posted:

glad you found him relatable :smug:

i too have child-bearing hips and a really bad hair-cut

FreshCutFries

Pomp posted:

at 47 hours into V I unlocked clothes for quiet but she doesn't give you maphacks like the dog so she's still gonna go unused

quiet is really bad. if she would actually follow you around instead of waiting until your discovered to show up, she'd be great. the only time i use her is when I'm loving around in the open world and don't care about being found.

Scaly Haylie

what the gently caress

3D Megadoodoo

you went to toysrus.com, searched for terraria-themed toys, and found them?

Scaly Haylie

Jerry Cotton posted:

you went to toysrus.com, searched for terraria-themed toys, and found them?

nah, i'm just a big gross manchild who keeps cartoon network on for background noise and a commercial for it came on

3D Megadoodoo

Lizard Wizard posted:

nah, i'm just a big gross manchild who keeps cartoon network on for background noise and a commercial for it came on

haha nerd *plays video game*

3D Megadoodoo

if i look to my left right now I can see a really big Lego spaceship so i guess i'm not one to talk

Scaly Haylie

Jerry Cotton posted:

if i look to my left right now I can see a really big Lego spaceship so i guess i'm not one to talk

yeah but at least your really big Lego spaceship wasn't a horrible idea from the getgo

cuntman.net

theres an eye of cthulhu plushie which i think is pretty neat

Scaly Haylie

TWIST FIST posted:

theres an eye of cthulhu plushie which i think is pretty neat

is it SIXTY FIVE DOLLARS

Pro Target

hey dragons dogma is coming to PC so if you ahvnt played it you now have No Excuse

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
If you have played it, now you can in 20< fps

Scaly Haylie

rollercoaster tycoon: now with corkscrews on loops

FreshCutFries

Lizard Wizard posted:

all doubts on that game have been obliterated by one gif

Pro Target

I cant wait to mod my dragons dogma pawn into a gorrible monstrosity

SirPhoebos

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I've never been interested in the Metal Gear series, and every time I hear fans talk about it I get even less interested.

*fart*

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

joke_explainer

Lizard Wizard posted:

that would murder ever person on it...

beer pal

SirPhoebos posted:

I've never been interested in the Metal Gear series, and every time I hear fans talk about it I get even less interested.

*fart*

thanks for the post

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

fuck. marry. t-rex

beer pal posted:

thanks for the post

joke_explainer

i finished the new mad max open world game yesterday.

in some ways it was a depressing departure from how progressive the movie was. it has a pretty bog standard plot that serves more or less as an homage to the exploitation shlock classic original 'Mad Max' with elements of fury road, beyond thunder dome, and Road Warrior built into it. It's obvious the developers were really fans of the movies and they made a lot of good choices in places.

Unfortunately it's also filled with a lot of filler and a lot lot lot of repetition. It's built similar to Assassin's Creed: Black Flag or other ubisoft titles in the respect that you zoom around the map, accomplishing objectives and collecting collectables and slowly gain power / momentum from that to do other things. Instead of upgrading the boat like in Black Flag, you upgrade your car. The customization of the car is cool and well done and really allows a lot of flare to the vehicle. My car as of the end was a ridiculous, double-supercharged big block chevy corvette style body painted gold, with two massive headers going up the sides and sticking out and a skull on the intake for the blower.

The driving mechanics have the same common 'it's impossible to roll your car' physics to them where the game will try to adjust your trajectory if you happen to be flipping over to keep you on your wheels, which is slightly jarring at times. It's weird to just zip off a cliff and just know no matter what you'll land on your wheels. And generally be fine. The AI is really stupid -- if you go off road at all anywhere other than sand dunes, expect all of the AI to kill themselves trying to follow you within seconds.

The game has even more problems with women than most AAA titles. There are three named female characters in the game: One is a hard-nosed old woman mechanical engineer missing her legs with a custom buggy wheelchair cart who runs one of the strongholds. She has almost no lines short than a few canned responses to various events and a cutscene when you first enter the stronghold.

The other two female characters are a prostitute who begs Max for help and is constantly imperiled, and her daughter. The woman does help you out once, saving you when you get betrayed, but other than that she spends most of the game asking Max to help her. They're constantly imploring Max to stay with them for protection, but he doesn't because he's certain if he does they're just going to die again like any time the dude makes friends.

Both the prostitute and her daughter get murdered near the end of the story, being murdered pretty much just to send the main character into a rage. Not many AAA games crucify a child to piss off the player, so I guess they were playing it pretty close to its exploitation roots (in the original movie, Max's wife and daughter were killed by the Toecutter gang to get revenge for his killing of their gang during the fall of civilization). Overall it felt pretty unnecessary and stupid, yet again the only women in a game being tossed in a meat grinder for the macho male character to have a story arc.

Max attacks the BBEG responsible for it all, and near the end starts a suicide attack on the guy's vehicle, hanging off a cliff. Your companion, this hunchbacked mechanic named Chumbucket that's done almost nothing but tirelessly help you out the entire game, sits on the hood of the car and begs you not to do it, saying we'll die and the car will be destroyed, to not destroy his work and yourself. He's trying to protect you, but you have no choice but to ram the other vehicle. He's pulped instantly, so you murder your best friend in the game without a second thought (though I guess you could view it as he is responsible for the woman & child's death, as he gets tortured for information by the BBEG, still seems harsh).

Pretty dark ending. Your char drives off into the wasteland shaking his head and pretending the whole thing didn't happen (and there's definitely parts that suggest Max is a terribly unreliable narrator/crazy person within context of the game) and the credits roll. Noticed 'Achievement unlocked: Downward Spiral Continues'.

I'd give it a 5/10. Bonuses for fun gameplay in the cars, negatives for repetitive gameplay on foot and the cliche and problematic storyline stuff. Worth picking up on sale or something if you are a huge fan of the series, but unfortunately does not really embody the spirit of the latest film.

tao of lmao

joke_explainer posted:

that would murder ever person on it...

yeah i can't wait

Pro Target

SirPhoebos posted:

*fart*

youre a dumbass

3D Megadoodoo

I hate fans.

3D Megadoodoo

Well, dislike.

bacalou

drew a robot

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

good

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

do plant

joke_explainer

have you considered sending all these to the nuclear throne guys so they will probably give you a job right away or at least pay you to make their ads or something b/c your style seems to fit the aesthetic of the game really well

bacalou

worst character unlocked

joke_explainer posted:

have you considered sending all these to the nuclear throne guys so they will probably give you a job right away or at least pay you to make their ads or something b/c your style seems to fit the aesthetic of the game really well

hey guys ikm a moderator ona very famous message board you may have heard of it called bYOB? SOMETHING AWFUl;?:mmmhmm: anyway pay me money to draw byeee
":swoon:

joke_explainer

bacalou posted:

hey guys ikm a moderator ona very famous message board you may have heard of it called bYOB? SOMETHING AWFUl;?:mmmhmm: anyway pay me money to draw byeee
":swoon:

i would lead with the art instead of telling them about byob

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

bacalou posted:

worst character unlocked
i like him

3D Megadoodoo

I thought Claptrap was OK.

joke_explainer

Jerry Cotton posted:

I thought Claptrap was OK.

In borderlands? The little rolling robot? Did you just play it or something?

3D Megadoodoo

I thought it fit the 'worst character' thing.

GEExCEE

I don't think I "get" the metal gear series

tao of lmao

joke_explainer posted:

i would lead with the art instead of telling them about byob

lol

bog pixie

plant is my favorite character other than melting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEExCEE

this is my understanding of the metal gear series, as a whole: