Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i need 1-2 replacements for XCOM Mafia II

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

busb posted:

which of you idiots picked jarryd hayne and bought into his dumb hype

That was me! SF is my team and he's been knocking dudes out by running near them so :getin:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Captain Foo posted:

I'll do it, give me two more roles.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CapitalistPig posted:

:henget:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can't believe no one invites me to the mafia FF. Guess you guys are all scared of me after I owned everyone for three straight years

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Same

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

After forgetting my lunch on the counter at home, arriving late to work due to Red Line delays, misplacing an important file, losing a contact, having my father get angry over a poorly worded e-mail, and failing in a Mafia game, I accidentally stepped on my new bluetooth headphones and snapped them in half.

All in all, it's been a great day. 10/10. Would do again.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I can't believe no one invites me to the mafia FF. Guess you guys are all scared of me after I owned everyone for three straight years

We talked about it in thread for like 2-3 weeks~ :getin:

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

We had open slots discussed in here for so long I figured you weren't interested.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Convince aomeone to take you on as a partner

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 27, 2020

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmao eronarn

now there's a name i haven't heard in years

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

replacement found

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mafia 9: Heroes Mafia was my first game. It was really great and I copied the setup for use on another forum. Using someone else's roles helped me figure out how to mod my own games. It was a lot of fun.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey everyone what was the first game of mafia you modded and how did you completely gently caress it up?

I had a game that was far too large for the few power roles I had, so if windshipper didn't come in and windy it up it would have been completely dead. I also answered a question from a player in the thread that basically mod confirmed him as town, which is why I now have the caveat in my rules that I don't say anything in thread after the game starts.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

My first modded game was Plainsville Mafia, where I had a team of Death Millers and the scum were all Reverse Death Millers. The Death Millers had a team action to fix the flips.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My first modded game is Coming Soon.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
My first game was Mafia 3: With a Vengeance. It led to hilarious mafia memes like "sevenths" and "Roseo gambit" and "costs us a mafia." AFAIK I am the only one who regularly still plays from that era but names-you-might-recognize include: Xythar; Alasdair; Authorman; Mills; windshipper; Token Female; and Buane.

It was very fun obviously since I am still here a million years later.

e: the first game I modded was Marxism I and it went perfectly.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 9, 2015

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Asiina posted:

Hey everyone what was the first game of mafia you modded and how did you completely gently caress it up?

I had a game that was far too large for the few power roles I had, so if windshipper didn't come in and windy it up it would have been completely dead. I also answered a question from a player in the thread that basically mod confirmed him as town, which is why I now have the caveat in my rules that I don't say anything in thread after the game starts.

My first game was pretty bland but I hosed up Mega Man Mafia 3 pretty badly. Like, events made it impossible for scum to effectively win. Really need to start working on the next game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
first modded game was Alice in wonderland mafia, I was too talkative in the scumdoc and accidentally said I was just waiting on XXXX to submit their action and basically confirmed a town PR to the scum.

Whoops.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DuckHuntDog posted:

We had open slots discussed in here for so long I figured you weren't interested.

Yeah I should probably check in here more often but well you know

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My first modded game was Infinite Jest mafia but unfortunately no one who played in it can talk about it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My first game was TPS's Fringe Mafia which was actually really a pretty awesome game. I was very confused on how to play mafia back then.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Asiina posted:

Earthboundfia, and steakgate. Where my "nothing happened" pm nearly broke the game.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

My first game was Mafia 3: With a Vengeance. It led to hilarious mafia memes like "sevenths" and "Roseo gambit" and "costs us a mafia." AFAIK I am the only one who regularly still plays from that era but names-you-might-recognize include: Xythar; Alasdair; Authorman; Mills; windshipper; Token Female; and Buane.

It was very fun obviously since I am still here a million years later.

e: the first game I modded was Marxism I and it went perfectly.

I literally just said my first game was in that same era.

The first game I modded on SA was Battle Royale, after being first in the queue for six years. I made some minor mistakes but it was still fun and great.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Little Mac posted:

The first game I modded on SA was Battle Royale, after being first in the queue for six years. I made some minor mistakes but it was still fun and great.

That was really your first modded game? That WAS a good game!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My first game was either the Amnistar CYOR that I took over that I got mad compliments on or WW2 Mafia which had a meh reception

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Little Mac posted:

You weren't part of Mafia 3 though afaik.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

My first game was either the Amnistar CYOR that I took over that I got mad compliments on or WW2 Mafia which had a meh reception

I loved WW2 Mafia. Me and PoP owned that poo poo

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
diqnol did I meet you through the nationsims or through the apocalypse game?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

diqnol did I meet you through the nationsims or through the apocalypse game?

The EN game where you made your country in virginia and I made that alliance network and it ended up going nowhere because EN doesn't know how to design a game that goes toward a conclusion

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

The EN game where you made your country in virginia and I made that alliance network and it ended up going nowhere because EN doesn't know how to design a game that goes toward a conclusion

so the apocalypse game! yess that was a lot of fun. I got to go on IRC and pretend to be people in the opposing alliance and post their chatlogs.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

My first mafia games was actually two mafia games that I signed up for at the same time.

The first was a CPig game that had no flavour at all. The flips included donkeys pulling carts and a pug in a Hannibal Lecter mask. I had just come off of Awful Big Brother where I had betrayed Jake, so when I thought he was scum he went very aggressive and I felt guilty. I ended up voting for myself to prove how town I was. Jake was scum and I'm pretty sure scum won that game.

My other first game was an 8bux game about a wedding party. I was a vig in that game and I shot capps who was scum, so I felt pretty good about that, because I had also played Awful Big Brother with capps and relished an opportunity to shoot him. That game lasted forever and I think is still the longest game I've ever played since it went to Day 9. We no lynched a whole bunch of times in a row at the end because we were playing chicken with the scum team. Then it was just fv, Viva, and I in 3-man LYLO and scum Viva convinced fv to vote me before I could even check in with the thread so it all ended rather unceremoniously after lasting so long.

Good times.

taste won that game as a 3p with a BP and a double kill one night :(

I worked so hard that last day to convince town that I was scum but taste was a sk and needed to be lynched first

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
My first game modded was a nine-player set-up with two SKs and no skum.

My second was Mafia Fortress 2, and then I jumped straight from nine-player games to Pokemonfia.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

taste won that game as a 3p with a BP and a double kill one night :(

Oh right, wasn't it his first SK win?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Oh right, wasn't it his first SK win?

does he have more than one?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, I don't keep track of other people's SK wins, but I remember him being very happy about getting an SK win. I had forgotten it was that game though.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'll probably end sign ups for this in 24 hours or so, actually.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

You weren't part of Mafia 3 though afaik.

Mine was six mafias later. How dare you exclude me. We are as mafia gods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
because I am a glutton for punishment I am opening another game in ~a day. it is called A Charnel in Charnaz, and it's actually an objectively very reasonable game (not just by ecco standards either). All* are encouraged to sign up for it, but especially newer players because they rock.

Little Mac posted:

Mine was six mafias later. How dare you exclude me. We are as mafia gods

you are the thor to my odin