Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Okay, so last time I asked this I tried to be funny and it didn't really work out, and like, everybody got mad at me and this one guy, like, said I was a retard, which kinda hurt my feelings, because, you know, I do have a bachelor's degree, and I don't like to think that they gave to me out of sympathy or anything, I mean, you know, I think I'm a pretty okay guy when it comes to thinking and stuff, and then he compared MGSV to Citizen Kane or something, I don't know, I was out jogging...

Look, none of that's important, all I would like, is for someone to give me a general breakdown of the some parts of the plot I'm getting confused about in it because I tried spoiling it for myself on the wiki but it got kinda convoluted with all the hotlinks and twelve page articles detailing the contents of Snake's pores(<-- No, don't look for this article, I'm exaggerating).

Hmm, I'll break down my questions like this:

Where did this virus thing come from?

So Big Boss in MGI is actually this medic guy? Is the medic guy a recurring character from a psp game or something(played MGS1-3)? And Big Boss in MG2 is real Big Boss?

Do they ever explain what happened to communist metal gear rex after Liquid Eli took it and why it looks exactly like metal gear rex?

Do they ever explain where all this high robotech came from in the 1980s? (Don't worry guys, I know it's not important, and I know 3 was even worse, I'm just asking)

And I defend my comments alluding to a desire to see Ocelot punched in the face as my memories of him consist entirely of him being a cowboy cosplaying creepo in MGS1 who potentially tortures Meryl to death, and MGS2 where he's a dick that flings itself in everyone's face, MGS3 he was okay in a lost puppy kind of way I guess. I just want to see him get punched in the face once, just the one time, it doesn't even have to break his nose or anything, it can just be like a playful shoulder tap gone awry, then he can go back to being a cowboy waifu.

The parasites are developed by Code Talker, who basically takes a deal from Skull Face to do research on them (because he is obsessed with their power) without really thinking about the implications of what he is doing. He didn't start out developing them as a weapon - he was basically just trying to unlock all of their secrets - but he jumps at the deal partially because he wants to create a deterrent for minority cultures against the encroachment of lingua francas like English, due to his own experiences with the Indian re-education programs.

Yes, the Big Boss you fight in MG1 is the medic, now Venom Snake. The medic never appeared in another game (aside from GZ). He is a very-highly skilled soldier ("the best MSF had to offer") who was in the chopper with BB when it went down, and they use him as a decoy BB to protect the real one from Cipher while he tries to establish Zanzibar Land. So yes, the real Big Boss is the one you kill in MG2.

They don't explain the MG looking like Rex, but considering baby Liquid stole it, it is entirely possible that Sahelanthropus' head *is* Rex's head. The game explains that Sahelanthropus' armor is made of out depleted uranium that it can consume with the metallic archaea to create its own nuclear armament, but they note that depleted uranium is not the best choice for armor because it is fairly soft / heavy compared to other options. Since Rex has a much more powerful nuclear weapon in the form of the railgun, it can be inferred that they replaced the uranium body for a sturdier, heavily-armored one.

The tech stuff isn't explicitly explained, no. If you want a BS'ed in-universe answer, the general response is that Cipher's AIs use data suppression to cover up / monopolize new research. It's not a perfect answer, but the high-tech-meets-lo-fi aesthetic is basically an MGS staple at this point.

Panzeh posted:

Eli has no character. All he does is want to fight and get mad, and Miller was way better at being mad than Eli.

A character doesn't have to be explicitly spelled out to infer their motivations. Eli is a child that knows he is a clone of a man he has never met. The project is abandoned and considered a failure - by extension, Eli is a failure. As chapter 51 clarifies, he also thinks that he was purposefully given the "bad" genes - he sees himself as a test subject and a genetic loser, designed in a lab and destined for weakness since birth. It is absolutely, 100% understandable that he would have a grudge against Big Boss. He wants to kill him to prove that his genetic fate does not bind him - he's a kid having the kind of existential crisis about determinism that most people don't have until they are well into adulthood, and if you have ever met a pre-teen child you probably know they are not very good at being rational in the first place.

Eli making a point of calling Big Boss "father" isn't just sarcastic - he is a kid ripped from his "family," his home, his language (one of the major themes of this entire game). Part of him wants Big Boss to acknowledge him as his son, which is something that is always denied to him. It makes perfect sense in the context of MGS1, where he has this twisted obssession with BB's legacy while hating the man at the same time. Liquid thinks Big Boss "chose" Solid over him.

Big Boss doesn't consider the clones his children. He barely treats Eli like a human being at all, just stepping in to dislocate his arm every time he gets rowdy. The only reason he doesn't put a bullet in Eli's skull is because he respects his potential as a solider, not because he feels any paternal obligation toward him. Eli understands all of this, and it is pretty fair to assume that would gently caress with a kid's head.

Like yeah, the Eli storyline was rushed, but come on. There is plenty there if you are willing to actually parse what the game gives you and examine it in the context of the series' themes and Liquid's eventual place in the story.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The parasite is also likely the same thing that ended up becoming at least FOXDIE, as Naomi stated that eventually FOXDIE will decay, no longer discern its kill-function from its carriers, and become a plague.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

In It For The Tank posted:

- Cipher revived the parasite by genetically engineering a descendant of the original parasite to restore it to life.

- Yes, Venom is the Big Boss in MG1. The Medic was only introduced in Ground Zeroes, but functionally he is supposed to be one of guys you recruit in Peace Walker.

- In the unfinished Chapter 51, Sahelanthropus was recovered by Diamond Dogs. It's resemblance to REX can be chalked up to Otacon unwittingly copying its design from when he piloted it as a kid, or Liquid influencing REX's deisgn, or who knows.

Some old man engineered a parasite that lives in your vocal cords and kills you if you speak a language it listens to on a SONY WALKMAN (tm). He also thought that wasn't cool enough and then decided to make a parasite that makes you a "Super Soldier Zombie Geomancer". As a final gently caress you he then created a third parasite that rusts all metal except for small arms weapons/Metal Gears and it creates the byproduct of weaponized uranium so you can make nukes after you kill an entire armor column with a cloud of the poo poo. After this old man made this poo poo he was super depressed that he attracted the attention of Hydra and Red Skull came and took all his poo poo. He now works on furthering his loving research on Mother Base while spreading his airborne parasite eyes across the base to stare at Diamond Dogs in the shower stalls.

The Medic's personality consists of saying "Stop that" and "That's enough". He is well loved by his men that he forcefully kidnapped and collecting children so he can have Boris and Tank teach them in a classroom how to drink whiskey and play cards. The only women he allows on his base are ones that are heavily into bondage or require you to keep them in a box and water them daily so they don't wilt and die. Also he eats Diamond Dogs instead of normal food and prefers them grilled and well done.

There is no Chapter 51. We all watched a youtube video that told us how cool it would be if they finished their storyline and then blamed it on Konami's obsession with gambling ball machines and not Hideo's loving poo poo incompetence.

This whole game is Hideo Kojima saying "gently caress You" to millions of his autistic fans and them loving saying "Thank you. Abuse us more. I love you. Let me touch your golden dick" like they were real Diamond Dog staff.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Some old man engineered a parasite that lives in your vocal cords and kills you if you speak a language it listens to on a SONY WALKMAN (tm). He also thought that wasn't cool enough and then decided to make a parasite that makes you a "Super Soldier Zombie Geomancer". As a final gently caress you he then created a third parasite that rusts all metal except for small arms weapons/Metal Gears and it creates the byproduct of weaponized uranium so you can make nukes after you kill an entire armor column with a cloud of the poo poo. After this old man made this poo poo he was super depressed that he attracted the attention of Hydra and Red Skull came and took all his poo poo. He now works on furthering his loving research on Mother Base while spreading his airborne parasite eyes across the base to stare at Diamond Dogs in the shower stalls.

The Medic's personality consists of saying "Stop that" and "That's enough". He is well loved by his men that he forcefully kidnapped and collecting children so he can have Boris and Tank teach them in a classroom how to drink whiskey and play cards. The only women he allows on his base are ones that are heavily into bondage or require you to keep them in a box and water them daily so they don't wilt and die. Also he eats Diamond Dogs instead of normal food and prefers them grilled and well done.

There is no Chapter 51. We all watched a youtube video that told us how cool it would be if they finished their storyline and then blamed it on Konami's obsession with gambling ball machines and not Hideo's loving poo poo incompetence.

This whole game is Hideo Kojima saying "gently caress You" to millions of his autistic fans and them loving saying "Thank you. Abuse us more. I love you. Let me touch your golden dick" like they were real Diamond Dog staff.

:eyepop:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

MGS 6

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Okay, so last time I asked this I tried to be funny and it didn't really work out, and like, everybody got mad at me and this one guy, like, said I was a retard, which kinda hurt my feelings, because, you know, I do have a bachelor's degree, and I don't like to think that they gave to me out of sympathy or anything, I mean, you know, I think I'm a pretty okay guy when it comes to thinking and stuff, and then he compared MGSV to Citizen Kane or something, I don't know, I was out jogging...

Look, none of that's important, all I would like, is for someone to give me a general breakdown of the some parts of the plot I'm getting confused about in it because I tried spoiling it for myself on the wiki but it got kinda convoluted with all the hotlinks and twelve page articles detailing the contents of Snake's pores(<-- No, don't look for this article, I'm exaggerating).

Hmm, I'll break down my questions like this:

Where did this virus thing come from?

So Big Boss in MGI is actually this medic guy? Is the medic guy a recurring character from a psp game or something(played MGS1-3)? And Big Boss in MG2 is real Big Boss?

Do they ever explain what happened to communist metal gear rex after Liquid Eli took it and why it looks exactly like metal gear rex?

Do they ever explain where all this high robotech came from in the 1980s? (Don't worry guys, I know it's not important, and I know 3 was even worse, I'm just asking)

And I defend my comments alluding to a desire to see Ocelot punched in the face as my memories of him consist entirely of him being a cowboy cosplaying creepo in MGS1 who potentially tortures Meryl to death, and MGS2 where he's a dick that flings itself in everyone's face, MGS3 he was okay in a lost puppy kind of way I guess. I just want to see him get punched in the face once, just the one time, it doesn't even have to break his nose or anything, it can just be like a playful shoulder tap gone awry, then he can go back to being a cowboy waifu.

lol you're so defensive you mentioned having a Bachelor's degree.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
"This guy called me a retard because he doesn't think I know about plots in videogames, little does he know I have a bachelor degree :smug:"

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Get help drinkfist

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Drinkfist has maintained the same level of rage for MGSV for like, 3 days.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Drinkfist thinks MGS4 is the best MGS, just fyi.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder if DD was at Outer Heaven with Venom

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

I will personally accept it.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Guys I just realized.

Metal Gear Solid 5 is a game that heavily features a Burning Man.

Metal Gear Solid 5 was released on September 1st, during Burning Man.

KOJIMA IS GENIUS.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

It's a really good and cool game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I'd touch Kojima's golden dick.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stop talking poo poo about Code Talker. Code Talker rules.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Wow Huey really is despicable. He's also well written in that he rationalizes the hell out of his actions like a real person would.

I like that Skullface even was disgusted by how far his duplicity went.

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine
Never actually read Moby Dick, so I decided to look into it.

wikipedia posted:

Ishmael, the only surviving crewmember of the Pequod, is the narrator of the book. As a character he is a few years younger than as a narrator. His importance relies on his role as narrator; as a character, he is only a minor participant in the action. The name has come to symbolize orphans, exiles, and social outcasts.

wikipedia posted:

Captain Ahab is a fictional character in Herman Melville's Moby-Dick (1851), the monomaniacal captain of the whaling ship Pequod. On a previous voyage, the white whale Moby Dick bit off Ahab's leg, leaving him with a prosthesis made out of whalebone. Instead of leading the Pequod on a whaling voyage for profit, Ahab seeks revenge on the whale and casts his spell over the crew-members to enlist them in his fanatical mission. When Moby Dick is finally sighted and hunted down, Ahab's hate robs him of all caution and denies him revenge. Moby Dick drags Ahab to his death.

Neat.

Also, there's this thread over on reddit

TL;DR: There might be something coming on 9/11.

Chippita fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 9, 2015

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Chippita posted:

TL;DR: There might be something coming on 9/11.

yeah, super mario maker

nice catch on the pequod tho.

moby dick is an interesting look into a fracture psyche bent on revenge, hell take anyone who takes it from him, and then also like pages and pages where the author clearly went out on a research journey about whaling and had to write it all down because he'd already done the work

kinda like metal gear

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Can you even imagine the knee-jerk backlash that would come from releasing some crazy not-Guantanamo tie-in on 9/11 specifically? I guess maybe that would quality as being something "so taboo that he would be driven out of the games industry."

I never know what to think about this sort of thing because crazy internet kids with way too much time on their hands have proven time and time again they will go to absurd lengths to draw connections / outright fabricate things just to "troll" people. I guess we'll find out.

edit: Looking at it, it all looks like very obvious fanmade bullshit.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 9, 2015

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Huh so I'm replaying missions and Miller's eyes aren't blind in the first mission where you rescue him.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

randombattle posted:

Huh so I'm replaying missions and Miller's eyes aren't blind in the first mission where you rescue him.

Are you sure? I remember Snake specifically asking him if something was wrong with his eyes, and he says "no, it's just bright is all" before you put his shades on him.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

Drinkfist has maintained the same level of rage for MGSV for like, 3 days.

He is just trying to summon Psycho Mantis.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Are you sure? I remember Snake specifically asking him if something was wrong with his eyes, and he says "no, it's just bright is all" before you put his shades on him.

Yep zoomed in and he's got a yellow normal iris in his open eye.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Hideo fans still in denial about their fake Metal Gear game.

Don't worry guys I am sure in two days time they will drop a 5 gig patch that unfucks the whole game. Hahahahah loving no. They are announcing their new Metal Gear pachinko machine line. Check out how they killed their Castlevania IP.

Even if they had finished the 51st loving mission it comes nowhere close to fixing the damage the whole game did to the series. Enjoy your unfinished Far Cry Clone that contributed jack poo poo to the series. The best realistic theory you madmen Kojima fans should be going off is that Hideo was actually trying to kill his own child with this game so raving madmen will leave him the gently caress alone. MGS2 was supposed to be the end and they demanded more. MGS3 was supposed to result in him retiring the post. MGS4 was supposed to be him leaving the company. All the signs point to a man that is either ideas dead or legit trying to kill the loving zombie that haunts him.

At least I had fun watching this ship burn itself at sea. But the rage I have for trusting this man would deliver me a new Metal Gear game will never die.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

You're drunk Drinkfist go back to russiagame.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i agree with drinkfist tbh

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Hideo fans still in denial about their fake Metal Gear game.

Don't worry guys I am sure in two days time they will drop a 5 gig patch that unfucks the whole game. Hahahahah loving no. They are announcing their new Metal Gear pachinko machine line. Check out how they killed their Castlevania IP.

Even if they had finished the 51st loving mission it comes nowhere close to fixing the damage the whole game did to the series. Enjoy your unfinished Far Cry Clone that contributed jack poo poo to the series. The best realistic theory you madmen Kojima fans should be going off is that Hideo was actually trying to kill his own child with this game so raving madmen will leave him the gently caress alone. MGS2 was supposed to be the end and they demanded more. MGS3 was supposed to result in him retiring the post. MGS4 was supposed to be him leaving the company. All the signs point to a man that is either ideas dead or legit trying to kill the loving zombie that haunts him.

At least I had fun watching this ship burn itself at sea. But the rage I have for trusting this man would deliver me a new Metal Gear game will never die.

lol trusting anyone in the games industry

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

randombattle posted:

Yep zoomed in and he's got a yellow normal iris in his open eye.

Interesting. I kept waiting for there to be some reveal relating to his eyes - is he supposed to be blind? He never acts like it, but then there's the "you will be my eyes" line. Which of course could just be figurative, but he says it right after he takes off his shades to reveal his greyed-out pupils.

The fact that Code Talker and the Skulls also have it had me wondering if Kaz was secretly exposed to the parasites, too - it might explain that bit where Code Talker said his parasites warned him about Kaz, when he is hiding behind boxes and making calls (presumably to Cipher). There were a couple cutscene shots where they very deliberately cut between Kaz with his messed-up eyes and a Skull with their messed-up eyes, but nothing seems to have come of it. Nothing in the tapes, either, as far as I remember. Wonder if it was something that got cut or just a random detail.

Kaz is a real badass if he ends up training Foxhound with no arm, leg, and eyes.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Metal Gear Solid V Wiki posted:

IGN awarded the game a score of 10/10, complimenting the way the gameplay mechanics worked together and the organic nature of the open-ended missions that allowed players to create their own memorable experiences, without being punished for deviating from stealth, but criticising the over-arching storyline as lacking focus. The review concluded that the The Phantom Pain is "a gameplay marvel, rewarding intelligence and creativity in a way few games do."[19] GameSpot also gave the game a 10/10, similarly praising its "near impeccable" gameplay, commenting that, alongside main and side missions, "emergent scenarios serve as the third pillar of The Phantom Pain's open-world gameplay experience". The review also highlighted the meaningful development of the characters despite being beholden to the original Metal Gear as the conclusion of Venom Snake's character arc.[20] The Phantom Pain was the twenty-third game—and the third in the Metal Gear series—to ever receive a perfect 40/40 review rating from Japanese magazine Famitsu.

This is why I am here. Because I am watching this hypocrisy happen before my very eyes. People dropping 10/10 and "Perfect Game" all over the place with a little addendum reading "But .... The story is poo poo, they didn't finish the game, the FOB system is terrible, the zones are big but there is literally nothing in them, the missions are super repetitive ect."

The only reason this is happening is because Konami and Hideo are in the middle of a drama bomb with Kojima being literally untouchable and infallable in the gaming community. gently caress this bullshit I am watching.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So, uh, I don't get why people say "Mission 51 clearly was the real ending of the game!." It appears to just be another side mission that resolves a dangling plot thread and would probably have been a basically-recycled version of an existing boss fight. It's absence is noticeable but largely because it is a side mission that is otherwise unresolved, not because it is the ending of the game.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

This is why I am here. Because I am watching this hypocrisy happen before my very eyes. People dropping 10/10 and "Perfect Game" all over the place with a little addendum reading "But .... The story is poo poo, they didn't finish the game, the FOB system is terrible, the zones are big but there is literally nothing in them, the missions are super repetitive ect."

The only reason this is happening is because Konami and Hideo are in the middle of a drama bomb with Kojima being literally untouchable and infallable in the gaming community. gently caress this bullshit I am watching.

lol getting mad at game journalism and "gaming communities"

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

So, uh, I don't get why people say "Mission 51 clearly was the real ending of the game!." It appears to just be another side mission that resolves a dangling plot thread and would probably have been a basically-recycled version of an existing boss fight. It's absence is noticeable but largely because it is a side mission that is otherwise unresolved, not because it is the ending of the game.

It was the real ending in the sense that it resolved the major missing piece of the game (Eli flying off with Sahelanthropus), fleshed out Eli's motivations enough to make sense in the context of MGS1, and made the "fall" of Venom more overt (the mission was also going to include him bombing a civilian village to ensure that the last English strain was contained, which is where the shot of Venom screaming in the middle of a burned-out village from the Nuclear trailer came from). It would have wrapped up the game's self-contained story well enough, and I think it's a bit unfair to say that a second MG fight would just be "recycled." Their plan for it was really cool and very ambitious, and literally hundreds of of games have you fight a major enemy more than one time without it feeling stale.

Like, if it was it's completely own thing unconnected from all the rest of the MG games, it would have been a decent enough ending. Not perfect by any means, but much better. Destroying the Metal Gear for good and wiping out the last English strain closes the loop on the main antagonist's plans, even if there are still unresolved questions. It's also entirely possible that there was even more stuff planned that never even got past the drawing board. I'm sure we will find out someday when Kojima's NDA expires or whatever.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

lol getting mad at game journalism and "gaming communities"

This is you looking at Quiet the whole loving game you salad lover.

Ill get mad at anything and everything right now. I dropped sixty bucks for my Metal Gear game and got robbed. I had a choice of only being able to afford the one game for this month and now I got to wait for a paycheck to pick up Mad Max or Blood Bowl 2. There is also Fallout in a few months that I was considering pre-ordering because they were talking about a new modding api I wanted to take a crack at.

Now if you really want to see me go supernova then call up Firaxis and tell them to gently caress up Xcom 2. Because Xcom Enemy Within is literally the best game in existence still.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Why is Miller such a whiny baby? did he have that attitude in mgs3 ?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Grizzled Patriarch, where are you hearing the bombed village in mission 51 bit? I'm not seeing any signs of it anywhere- the site of 51 is an island that's explicitly abandoned- and the child soldiers are presumably just glassed with the island, or rescued by DD.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

It was the real ending in the sense that it resolved the major missing piece of the game (Eli flying off with Sahelanthropus), fleshed out Eli's motivations enough to make sense in the context of MGS1, and made the "fall" of Venom more overt (the mission was also going to include him bombing a civilian village to ensure that the last English strain was contained, which is where the shot of Venom screaming in the middle of a burned-out village from the Nuclear trailer came from). It would have wrapped up the game's self-contained story well enough, and I think it's a bit unfair to say that a second MG fight would just be "recycled." Their plan for it was really cool and very ambitious, and literally hundreds of of games have you fight a major enemy more than one time without it feeling stale.

No, it really isn't. The ending of the game we got is the ending of the game and was pretty clearly intended to be. It bookends the entire story and causes it to end not only roughly at the same place it starts (with the Man Who Sold The World tape) but also at the start of the original Metal Gear. There is absolutely no way that was intended as the ending of the game and there is no chance the game would have ended there or it would have been the final boss fight. (Except insomuch as it might be the final fight against a boss-like character.)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
We let drinkfist out too long, I'll put him back in his angry dome

game is fun yo

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

This is you looking at Quiet the whole loving game you salad lover.

Ill get mad at anything and everything right now. I dropped sixty bucks for my Metal Gear game and got robbed. I had a choice of only being able to afford the one game for this month and now I got to wait for a paycheck to pick up Mad Max or Blood Bowl 2. There is also Fallout in a few months that I was considering pre-ordering because they were talking about a new modding api I wanted to take a crack at.

Now if you really want to see me go supernova then call up Firaxis and tell them to gently caress up Xcom 2. Because Xcom Enemy Within is literally the best game in existence still.

SUCH A LUST FOR BAD POSTS? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vier posted:

Why is Miller such a whiny baby? did he have that attitude in mgs3 ?

Miller was not in mgs3.

• Locked thread