Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

How do you change characters?! Also what was the point of the plastic surgery, I still look the same.

I thought the customization is for some multiplayer thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

why would they make this

it's just like the actual one but not funny

ah, the french

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

How do you change characters?!

"Select Character" in the loadout screen, you need to have unlocked the combat unit.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
idk how many different voices there are but that particular female soldier sounds like she's dying every time she catches her breath. I just recruited a few more tho so will try them next

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

oh my god seriously gently caress mgs v mission 6. every single base you encounter is swarming with guards, and if a single one is even alerted it's another 10 minutes waiting until they go back to normal, if they don't stumble on you by sheer luck. and now, if you have the prisoner on your back for too long, he just magically teleports back into guard custody.

gently caress. this. mission.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the game gives you so many tools it's hard to believe people are having a lot of trouble beside a few specific missions.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
having a prisoner re-capture himself as a penalty for taking too long is pure bullshit though. also the checkpointing is supposedly terrible in all missions

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
easiest way I've found to deal with swarms of dudes is to detonate some C4 on the other side of the base and (preferably) blow up something. it'll put the base on alert, but a whole lotta dudes will run over to investigate while you pick off the stragglers and sneak past. it's that or a combination of stun grenades, smoke grenades, night vision goggles, and murder. :getin:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
those assholes in the support division need to get their poo poo togeather and start refining me some fuel because my mother base expansion plans are being bottlenecked by it

also quiet needs to stop blowing peoples heads off while im trying to cqc them

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
wait so the game just told me that I can check in on the progress of my metal gear but where the gently caress is it on the command platform

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's on R&D there's a marker on the map

also lol at waiting in real time for alerts to go down, smoke a cigar and relax

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

arkham knight is officially the second best batman

did you remember to slather the sides of your bat mobile with novocain so civilians you run over are anesthetized in time for live saving medical operations? :ohdear:

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

is this loving real? can you really do this poo poo?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Apparently. So many loving weird moves in there.

Calling in supply drops to knock out enemies, planting c4 on a jeep then ballooning it out to take out a helicopter, sledding around in your cardboard box, ahahahaha.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhChLrTKasA

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

carry on then posted:

oh my god seriously gently caress mgs v mission 6. every single base you encounter is swarming with guards, and if a single one is even alerted it's another 10 minutes waiting until they go back to normal, if they don't stumble on you by sheer luck. and now, if you have the prisoner on your back for too long, he just magically teleports back into guard custody.

gently caress. this. mission.

Necronomoticon posted:

easiest way I've found to deal with swarms of dudes is a combination of murder, murder, murder, and murder. :getin:
:getin:

dgaf if they're alerted, just go with it and get head poppin'. also c4 or grenade the communications equipment to maybe reduce/prevent reinforcements maybe

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

those don't really look much like logs to me though

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Calling in supply drops to knock out enemies,

this is legitimately one of the best ways to beat one of the bosses

also anyone who has gotten up to building FOBs, what the hell triggers an invasion alert for the defender? i just invaded an FOB, tranqed a single guard out of range of any other guards, and the owner showed up to defend immediately. i thought invasion alerts only showed up if you went into reflex mode or alert? why is there no information about FOB infiltration anywhere

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

if you're having trouble at mission 6 i feel bad for you son
the game really ups the number of guards as you go through story missions

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

also if you're ever standing still in a mgs game you're doing something very wrong

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

is mission 6 the bee mission

because just take the prisoner at the bridge before they drive him away in the jeep

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also just wander around in free roam mode loving around and figuring out how perceptive guards are.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

is mission 6 the bee mission

because just take the prisoner at the bridge before they drive him away in the jeep

if he gets carted off, you can still drag him out to get fultoned without going all the way into the open; there's some ledges and stuff that have nothing over them but aren't down in the pit

also spend the money to get the level 2 gun with dot sight and shoot faces

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

i just ran down the bridge and smoked the jeep and cqc chained everyone

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

SynthOrange posted:

How do you change characters?! Also what was the point of the plastic surgery, I still look the same.

keep playing

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

fultoning cars and containers is hilarious

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
what's the deal with big bosses horn. I think mine just got bigger

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You're getting hornier.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Awia posted:

fultoning cars and containers is hilarious

standing on a container and fultoning it to extract yourself is also fun

Rexicon1 posted:

what's the deal with big bosses horn. I think mine just got bigger

apparently it grows the more people you kill

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

i tried this and fell off :(

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Basically always be marking- if you see any red circles on your map keep marking until they're all gone so you don't get snuck up on.

The three dudes with the prisoner on the bridge are annoying but generally you can just throw a smoke grenade at them, then run up and dunk everyone.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

always be on the move, always be marking
when you're gonna infiltrate a base drop ddog in and you can literally never be snuck up on

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

apparently it grows the more people you kill

welp, gonna be able to impale people on it eventually the way I'm playing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SynthOrange posted:

i think the avatar is for the unreleased multiplayer

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

should I try smite?

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Awia posted:

needs to be bang on the middle then theres a hold triangle prompt to hold on to the balloon

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

needs to be bang on the middle then theres a hold triangle prompt to hold on to the balloon

ahhh, i thought that prompt meant "attack balloon"

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Awia posted:

you have to hold E or whatever the console action button is while you're riding on top of it

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

oh man i had no clue you could fly off riding a crate i need to try that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Katana Gomai posted:

should I try smite?
eh. I found it the most fun of all the dota clones. but the grind was pretty bad and the matches were boring. I liked arena. it's free so might as well. I played the ice giant dude a lot. he was great. stuns are king.

• Locked thread