Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

ethanol posted:

Wish I knew a ms employee

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one living in Seattle. I probably know a dozen people I'd feel comfortable texting for a discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Stupid question: how do I get to the demo?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

geeves posted:

Stupid question: how do I get to the demo?

Find the xbox store in your menus, it should be on the right in the main menu, and look for the search function, type "forza" and it should come up.

If you bought the ultimate edition or have $100 to blow to get $130 worth of content, dont bother and pick up the ultimate edition that comes out the day after tomarrow

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Find the xbox store in your menus, it should be on the right in the main menu, and look for the search function, type "forza" and it should come up.

If you bought the ultimate edition or have $100 to blow to get $130 worth of content, dont bother and pick up the ultimate edition that comes out the day after tomarrow

Thanks. Already bought and installed Ultimate. Thought the demo was part of that. Now another 12 gigs. Sigh.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
If you do the demo, you get the Ford GT (the new one) added to your garage in the full version. So don't skip it if you want that car for free. Not that credits should be a problem in this game.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Comrade Flynn posted:

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one living in Seattle. I probably know a dozen people I'd feel comfortable texting for a discount.
The guy I bought my M3 from was a senior program manager in the Xbox division who also happened to be the main guy responsible (guilty?) for bringing Party Chat to the Live service in 2008 (I like to think, on my many, MANY suggestions to do so) but alas he no longer works there so I was forced to pay FULL PRICE!!! Man. Now I'm sad, I used to get all sorts of free Xbox & 360 stuff (they called the first Xbox the Xbox)

Also, I tell people I work at a bank so they don't text me for discounts on what my company actually sells. Although rides in Lambos would make me more amenable to sorting out hookups. :v:

WienerDog posted:

Yes. The store page says Ultimate Edition unlocks at 13:01 UTC, which Google tells me is 09:01 Eastern Time.
Thanks buddy! I knew I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't find it again in the ridiculous rats-nest of terrible microsoft/xbox websites that barely function at the best of times and all try to funnel a signed-in user (Me) towards buying a product (the pre-order) that I already own and paid for.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wait what? Game gets early access for pre-orders?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
For the Ultimate edition yeah. Starts Thursday.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Norns posted:

Wait what? Game gets early access for pre-orders?

Only the ultimate edition.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
JFC.

Ive never played any of the previous Forzas because Ive been arse deep in iRacing and other sims for years until I burned out recently because sometimes I just wanna play a racing game you know? and not be 100% serious about it or gently caress about with the full G27 wheel etc.

I just tried the demo expecting something GT5ish or whatever and this surprised the poo poo out of me. Its actually drivable with a controller, you can slide it, catch it and have some kind of idea of whats going to happen given a certain set of inputs.

I guess I need to decide how much money to waste on which edition of this thing now.

BTW if you buy it from the demo do it just download the other 30odd gig of stuff or is an entire new DL coz the demo took all loving morning for 10gig.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Entirely separate download.

Forza is cool dude.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Forza is the best casual racing game out there tbh. Just but the $100 version and get all the cars and you get to play it on Thursday!

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

The guy I bought my M3 from was a senior program manager in the Xbox division who also happened to be the main guy responsible (guilty?) for bringing Party Chat to the Live service in 2008 (I like to think, on my many, MANY suggestions to do so) but alas he no longer works there so I was forced to pay FULL PRICE!!! Man. Now I'm sad, I used to get all sorts of free Xbox & 360 stuff (they called the first Xbox the Xbox)

Also, I tell people I work at a bank so they don't text me for discounts on what my company actually sells. Although rides in Lambos would make me more amenable to sorting out hookups. :v:

Thanks buddy! I knew I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't find it again in the ridiculous rats-nest of terrible microsoft/xbox websites that barely function at the best of times and all try to funnel a signed-in user (Me) towards buying a product (the pre-order) that I already own and paid for.

Wait what would you trade for Lambo rides?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I would totally start your checking account at 500 instead of 001 so all of america's check-takers would know you were legit, man

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Ah well, if youre gonna do something even on the spur of the moment, you might as well do it properly I guess. Ill probably blow a day of early access on the D/L though...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It seems to be preloading ahead of time, so you should be able to play as soon as they flip the switch saying it's open for business.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Whelp bye bye 100 dollars.

Need my Forza kick, and this seems to be much improved over 5.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

I would totally start your checking account at 500 instead of 001 so all of america's check-takers would know you were legit, man

I don't need to start my checks at 500 - I have Betty Boop checks to prove I'm legit.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Whelp bye bye 100 dollars.

Need my Forza kick, and this seems to be much improved over 5.

You and me both, man.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm still committed to buying a retail copy from bestbuy for $33 discounted but it's getting harder everyday

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb, or anyone else with a TX wheel... do we have to update the firmware to be compatible with this game? My PC needs a new PSU and MB and I'm not sure when I'll get around to fixing it, so I can't do anything windows-related.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
It works perfectly with the demo without updating.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Howdy everybody.
Got my Ultimate installed and just biding time until it unlocks. Looking forward to seeing you folks online and in Rivals.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

im about to break and buy ultimate

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I spent a few hours yesterday finishing up some Forza Rewards stuff in the old games to make sure I got up to the next rewards tier before Forza 6 launches...

:arghfist::aaaaa:

It's not registering one of my achievements yet, so hopefully this stupid thing updates again today so I can get my free Ferrari.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ethanol posted:

im about to break and buy ultimate

Do it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i have the day off tomorrow so gently caress it im fuckin gwasting my money on video games

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I am weak and now going to get drunk

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I logged into forza hub and there were a bunch of rewards waiting and expiring tomorrow, including forza 6 stuff (9 cars and 300k). Im also at tier 6, 240 pts from tier 7 and that ferrari. Don't forget to log in today to check and make sure nothing is expiring

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ethanol posted:

I logged into forza hub and there were a bunch of rewards waiting and expiring tomorrow, including forza 6 stuff (9 cars and 300k). Im also at tier 6, 240 pts from tier 7 and that ferrari. Don't forget to log in today to check and make sure nothing is expiring

e: n/m, I misread.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

It works perfectly with the demo without updating.

Awesome, thank you!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Willys MB :vince:

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 9, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Because we dont need the cut 80s sports cars, instead we need 60 horsepower VW vans and jeeps that top out around 50. My only gripe.

(And audis; Why do they bother with more than one audi sedan? They are all exactly the same. Ditto for infinitis sports coupes.)

(edit: link added)

vVv 9AM i think vVv

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 9, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

So when does the Ultimate unlock? Tomorrow?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
LOL Audis are not all the same, you dope.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Comrade Flynn posted:

So when does the Ultimate unlock? Tomorrow?

6AM in God Time. PT

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm gonna crush all my class work today so tomorrow is free to play forza

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Because we dont need the cut 80s sports cars, instead we need 60 horsepower VW vans and jeeps that top out around 50. My only gripe.

(And audis; Why do they bother with more than one audi sedan? They are all exactly the same. Ditto for infinitis sports coupes.)

(edit: link added)

vVv 9AM i think vVv

You suck

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

That's his trademark, yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Ok i take it back, but that's a 20 year old gag, I just crossed out "skyline, gran turismo" and wrote in "audi"

:( You guys are mean

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 9, 2015

• Locked thread