Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
nolanbot sounds like a less assholish 343gs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Panty Saluter posted:

Huh, weird. Ill bear that in mind.

I kind of dont like how libraries work anymore either. Far as i can tell its one folder per library and meh

so heres the thing about that:
Libraries still exist but they aren't shown by default. you can turn them back on w/ a registry edit.

The replacement folders you see at the top of everything are something totally different and stupid and you can delete them with a registry edit.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

haveblue posted:

nolanbot sounds like a less assholish 343gs

that sounds good to me actually!

also got to that scene with quiet, I'm proud of her for choosing a respectable career in dentistry

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Turkey Sandwich

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uufcTCIUqAs

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

PLEASE

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Panty Saluter posted:

I kind of dont like how libraries work anymore either. Far as i can tell its one folder per library and meh

yeah this is really stupid and a step backwards. i used to just have my dropbox folder as my main library with all of the worthless game stuff in the actual My Documents, but no more.

also why are there two lists of folders in the explorer sidebar now

Blackula69 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 9, 2015

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

oh gently caress, They Hunger, havent heard of that in a LONG time

what a cool mod and genuinely creepy!

yeah, a bunch of those half-life mods were genuine great games. now it's just anime titties and horse assholes

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i tried to research silver paint for quiet and it crashed the game. worked the second try and now i have a silver sniper. weird game

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

d-dog is still the best buddy though

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
during the middle-end of the game, money becomes an issue.

if you're not using tools/weapons, don't bring them along.

quiet's gold outfit costs like $10,000 per deployment, so maybe don't use it if you don't need it.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

can't tell the difference really

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Beast of Bourbon posted:

during the middle-end of the game, money becomes an issue.

quiet's gold outfit costs like $10,000 per deployment, so maybe don't use it if you don't need it.

that's the gmp value of selling 1 black carrot plant you find in the world

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mZ7ZDNzMq0

nobody will suspect a thing

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

stay on top of combat deployment, dont go back to base between side missions, dont buy guns that can't be issued to your security staff

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Beast of Bourbon posted:

ya i figured this out after doing dozens of missions with a full load out when i ever used was the tranq pistol

i also only just figured out you can use the start menus "return to AAC" thing after missions instead of calling down a 20k GMP chopper :negative:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Kuvo posted:

ya i figured this out after doing dozens of missions with a full load out when i ever used was the tranq pistol

i also only just figured out you can use the start menus "return to AAC" thing after missions instead of calling down a 20k GMP chopper :negative:

i just learned today that you can ride out a fultoned shipping container by pressing the button next to the fulton attachment point, saving money to fund your zoo in new ways every day

e: it was probably in this thread! I only just had coffee please bear with me

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 9, 2015

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Kuvo posted:

it says it aborts the mission and you'll lose progress, so idk how that works??

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ludwig van Halen posted:

it says it aborts the mission and you'll lose progress, so idk how that works??

you have to call for a chopper to finish proper missions but you can quite to the acc for side ops, as long as you checkpointed after finishing the op.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

yeah this is really stupid and a step backwards. i used to just have my dropbox folder as my main library with all of the worthless game stuff in the actual My Documents, but no more.

also why are there two lists of folders in the explorer sidebar now

one is probably your libraries and the other is the new "folders" feature which is basically a set of folders named the same as the default libraries but they are actual folders instead of libraries. its really really dumb and idk why they did it that way.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I guess maybe people don't understand libraries, but why not just do what you did in win 7 and make the libraries contain only the default folder and hide the library features if they're not being used.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Shaggar posted:

so heres the thing about that:
Libraries still exist but they aren't shown by default. you can turn them back on w/ a registry edit.

The replacement folders you see at the top of everything are something totally different and stupid and you can delete them with a registry edit.

Whoa cool. I ll have to try that when i get home :tipshat:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Shaggar posted:

I guess maybe people don't understand libraries, but why not just do what you did in win 7 and make the libraries contain only the default folder and hide the library features if they're not being used.

Yeah i like having my tv and movies in separate folders and win7 libraries worked with that really well. Its not a huge deal just kinda weird and annoying

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Turkey Sandwich

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
actually iirc the library thing you can just turn back on if you right click on the left hand side in explorer (in the white space near the folder lists or w/e)

you cant edit the quick folders list or w/e its called w/out loving w/ the registry which is ultra stupid because quick folders replaced favorites which are editable in win7.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Panty Saluter posted:

Yeah i like having my tv and movies in separate folders and win7 libraries worked with that really well. Its not a huge deal just kinda weird and annoying

yeah I have tv and movies as separate folders and then in the library I display them ungrouped so the individual folders within tv/movies all show up as if they're in the same folder. is nice.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I have my documents all automatically synced to dropbox, it's rad. helped me recover like half my notes from my thesis that got randomly deleted

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I like one drive

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

shut the gently caress up kaz

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

holy poo poo, trying to hold in laughter here at my desk :3:

amazing

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
gonna start playing all the metal gear games from mgs in release order soon

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

hubris.height posted:

gonna start playing all the metal gear games from mgs in release order soon

put mg1/2 on your phone
put ac!d on your phone too, ppsspp is some good stuff now

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
dont forget snakes revenge

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Awia posted:

i specifically rushed it, it's very satisfying

same

also freeroam for DAYS with flies all over me, covered with the blood of my enemies, sending mercenaries onward

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

d-dog is still the best buddy though

i used d-dog a bunch for a while then went back to d-horse to ride around afghanistan and realised i cannot function without having every enemy in an outpost immediately marked. d-dog is my crutch :(

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

BBJoey posted:

i used d-dog a bunch for a while then went back to d-horse to ride around afghanistan and realised i cannot function without having every enemy in an outpost immediately marked. d-dog is my crutch :(
Your support team makes dudes light up on your map, just check the map and scan until there's no more circles left and you've marked everyone

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i know but not having to check my map and scan the area makes things move so much more fluidly that it's hard to get back into the practice of relying on the intel team again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
wait what the gently caress after mission 30 some of the main missions are just harder challenge missions from earlier in the game? uhhhhh

• Locked thread