Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sue
Apr 1, 2008

The only thing that's changed is everything.

16GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

xthetenth posted:

130 actually, and they're positioning a 128 gb iPad against a Surface with 8 GB ram, 256 gb storage and an i5 that's due for an update.

They aren't positioning themselves against the Surface. They're positioning themselves against their own products.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
It's definitely time to upgrade my 16gig iPhone 4, unless they really juiced it under the hood, I might just stick with a 6. The prices have probably gone up in Canada anyway.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Quest For Glory II posted:

"not much has changed" well at least the advertising is honest

Who are the ad wizards who came up with that one?

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
I'm gonna make a produced movie on a cell phone

- No one ever

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Someone do the math on that upgrade program to see if it's worth it.

Starting at $384 a year for a brand new unlocked phone with Applecare included?

Actually might be worth it

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Quest For Glory II posted:

"not much has changed" well at least the advertising is honest

Literally 100% nail on the head.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

ZeeBoi posted:

Not for the surface 3 type cover

Both are 130 in the us store.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

No OS X release date, then? :(

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Sue posted:

16GB.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Please do. I could go for something like that. It's probably not cheap, though.

It basically sounds like paying a subsidized price from a contract without getting a contract. As a guy who pretty much exclusively uses non-contract wireless like Ting now this is a pretty nice plan I think.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

mik posted:

It's definitely time to upgrade my 16gig iPhone 4, unless they really juiced it under the hood, I might just stick with a 6. The prices have probably gone up in Canada anyway.

The iPhones have hit such a maturity that you can afford to go three years between upgrading now.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

ZeeBoi posted:

9/30

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lol Drake? booo I wanted Drake.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Bottom Liner posted:

So the annual phone plan is the same as Verizon/AT&T just done via Apple.

Except its a bit more expensive (guessing the $32 is base) but it includes Apple Care + so ..

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Of course, the loving music act no one cares about

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah, the upgrade plans seems like the same AT&T Next 12, which is $32 for a 16 GB iPhone 6. Except you get AppleCare+. Sort of, since one of the features of AppleCare is extending the warranty to two years, and you wouldn't get that.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

ZeeBoi posted:

Can't be long now.
The dev betas are pretty solid.

ishootudie
Dec 12, 2003

ZeeBoi posted:

It was in there.. September 30th

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

ZeeBoi posted:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
OneRepublic. Aight im out

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sue posted:

Can't be long now.
The dev betas are pretty solid.
It wasn't specifically called out, I don't think. But it was in one of the emails when they were demoing 3D Touch.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Except its a bit more expensive (guessing the $32 is base) but it includes Apple Care + so ..

$1 more than AT&T for iPhone 6+, but includes Care+. Definitely switching to that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How good is the iPhone about uploading content to the cloud? 16GB shouldn't be that big of a deal if you just have everything upload to a server. I dunno, that's how i've been doing it for years.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What was that sound? Sounded like crashing.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sue posted:

16GB.

e: oh hey it's not U2!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MickRaider posted:

I'm gonna make a produced movie on a cell phone

- No one ever

Tangerine was filmed on a iPhone 5S and it was good.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Bottom Liner posted:

$1 more than AT&T for iPhone 6+, but includes Care+. Definitely switching to that.

I'm guessing its the base non plus model.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

What was that sound? Sounded like crashing.
Apple Car demo

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

smackfu posted:

Yeah, the upgrade plans seems like the same AT&T Next 12, which is $32 for a 16 GB iPhone 6. Except you get AppleCare+. Sort of, since one of the features of AppleCare is extending the warranty to two years, and you wouldn't get that.

The + part in AppleCare+ is the accidental damage coverage. That's a huge "plus" (HURR) over an extended warranty.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

smackfu posted:

If the Apple Program is an unlocked phone, then it's a loving amazing deal.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Apple certainly has a 'type' when it comes to music

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dexo posted:

It is unlocked.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

3D Touch looks unnecessary and so does Live Photos and pretty much all the other poo poo they showed. Except the 4K video. That looks rad and I look forward to getting to use that (or an improved version of that) on my iPhone 7.

Oh god, why is OneRepublic here? This is dumb.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Yeah that apple upgrade plan looks pretty awesome on its face

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Do we need to check our iTunes libraries for more unwanted gifts after they're done singing?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Does I miss the motion wallpaper on the iPhone 6S? Didn't they just kind of show it at the very beginning and then never mention or show it again?

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tangerine was filmed on a iPhone 5S and it was good.

poo poo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Malloreon posted:

It is unlocked.

gently caress. That actually is awesome.

I would love if Samsung/HTC did something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Dexo posted:

Well, you are never going to sell the phone, so unlocked is only useful if you switch carriers pretty often.

• Locked thread