Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

SumYungGui posted:

Rift is what made me think Trion was worth trusting, because it was pretty fun for awhile. Then I dunno wtf happened at Trion but now they have the Midas touch of poo poo.

Trove is pretty great actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DancingShade posted:

50%? No. More like less than 5% on the first and 1% on the others.

And destroying the item when you get a major failure, which is nearly guaranteed on those last two.

And, as I thought, I was close to right. Ship components don't have the same regrade chances as armor. http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?182424-1.7-Ship-Regrade-Data

quote:

Here is what I have done so far:

Grand to Rare --> 459 successes 65 fails = 88% success rate
Rare to Arcane --> 325 successes 134 fails = 71% success rate
Arcane to Heroic --> 152 successes 174 fails = 47% success rate
Heroic to Unique --> 78 successes 74 fails = 51% success rate
Unique to Celestial --> 34 successes 44 fails = 44% success rate
Celestial to Divine --> 16 successes 18 fails = 47% success rate
Divine to Epic --> 5 success 11 fails = 31% success rate
Epic to Legendary ---> 2 successes 3 fails = 40% success rate
Legendary to Mythic --> 1 success 1 fail = 50% success rate

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meskhenet posted:

Yes, most games

Not archeage.

Yes you could set your own HP, you could even give yourself the invincible buff that you got from around the Nui statue, all while flying through the air attacking randoms at will (it didnt disable combat for you).

There are still teleport hacks where you load up a hauler with tradepacks, throw one on your back, unsummon the hauler and then telport right next to (or usually underneath if it is a pvp zone) the trader.

Welcome to archeage.

close but not exactly, Its still server side, just that the authentications from the server are very weak. You can change stuff client side, wait for the server to notice and it will go "ok sure, seems legit" and then make it real.

They relied too much on HS and assumed that if it was running you werent hacking. So if you used a cracked version of HS like every hacker you could do whatever you wanted and the server would accept it as valid. Anyone caught in the first few months was due to reporting or being watched by GMs. The automated detection was terrible

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 8, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

why isnt there a Devilian thread anyway

Nobody is dumb enough to give Trion $150 again after Archeage.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

You underestimate how stupid people are. I'm willing to wager someone has already thrown down $150 on that thing.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DancingShade posted:

This thread should be changed to a devilian thread tbh

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've paid out way more than $150 to Trion since paying for Archeum Founder.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I like how I would've actually gotten the piece of farm land I wanted if it wasn't for hackshield and that probably would've kept me playing longer.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Morglon posted:

How cute.

This is the most up to date table I could find. See how high the chance to just destroy your thing is with every one of those steps. Of course it's possible but it's very unlikely and nobody goes that high unless they're hacking or just have tons of money to burn. And if you actually do have the money to burn odds are you were hacking to begin with.

Oh hey wow, a content post in this thread.

As pointed out, client side.

I was too late but am not gunna miss out on the next trion game. I fully intend to make a few thousand. I have no need for this money but see it as revenge for the $60 I spent on archeage.

(Rift was a good game and I am sad it turned to poo poo).

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Nien posted:

Oh hey wow, a content post in this thread.

What have I become? :negative:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Morglon posted:

What have I become? :negative:

...relevant.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Only the people that did so with Archeage and still think it's a good game (there's probably plenty of pubbies like this). Archeage hasn't even been out a full year yet and Trion is already moving on to another game. Archeage will become even more of a poo poo show with less people working on it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I tried ArcheAge for a couple of hours recently and then quit. The novelty of the class system hardly saved the... everything else. What even was ArcheAge trying to be? Is it a large world PvP game? Is it a resource management game? Is it a PvE focused game? Nobody loving knows because the game itself couldn't even decide.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I tried ArcheAge for a couple of hours recently and then quit. The novelty of the class system hardly saved the... everything else. What even was ArcheAge trying to be? Is it a large world PvP game? Is it a resource management game? Is it a PvE focused game? Nobody loving knows because the game itself couldn't even decide.

You're meant to spend a lot of money on it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Seriously though, this thread should just be renamed the Devilian thread.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Did you play long enough to get the glider quest? Gliders were fun. After I gave up on AA I played Oblivion, and missed the ability to pop open an improbable glider.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Seems they have another incoming game.

https://www.atlasreactorgame.com

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

jabro posted:

Seems they have another incoming game.

https://www.atlasreactorgame.com

This is their own game, so its not lets make a quick $150 porting over a Asian game. Its a turn based MOBA that all turns happen at once. I am kinda excited for this one.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Oh good I've always wanted to play Wildstar mixed with Dirty Bomb and it's also somehow a MOBA. There is no combination of three words that I want to play less. Also it's Trion so it's a cash grab on top of all of that.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Morglon posted:

Oh good I've always wanted to play Wildstar mixed with Dirty Bomb and it's also somehow a MOBA. There is no combination of three words that I want to play less. Also it's Trion so it's a cash grab on top of all of that.

Wildstar was the first thing that came to mind when I clicked the link as well. If there's a game that failed faster than Archeage, it's Wildstar.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Angela Christine posted:

Did you play long enough to get the glider quest? Gliders were fun. After I gave up on AA I played Oblivion, and missed the ability to pop open an improbable glider.

I got a glider for one quest that didn't do anything but plummet to the ground in fiery fashion. So either I didn't understand how to pilot the thing or it was meant to be that way.

The glider tutorial thing didn't count because you didn't even control anything it was just a cutscene of "here's how to control a glider but you wont have one for ages".

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Morglon posted:

this made me laugh

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ruffz posted:

Wildstar was the first thing that came to mind when I clicked the link as well. If there's a game that failed faster than Archeage, it's Wildstar.

I think Archeage has less players, but said players have spent a shitload more on the game.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It was pretty anime princess Farmvill for my founders time and Boat Physics Simulator 2014.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Deki posted:

I think Archeage has less players, but said players have spent a shitload more on the game.

I wouldn't count on it. Both games had fairly heavy duping going on early on. CREDD in Wildstar, APEX in Archeage. People who got in early and were willing to cheat a bit won't ever have to pay for the game again and will have a ton of money from selling that poo poo. So it's hard to tell.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Almost time for 2.0

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to dupe and make money in the next train wreck mmo

Teach me your ways fauxtool

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
edit: Wrong mmo thread.

I played archeage when it came out but i can be proud of one thing. I did not become an "archmaster"

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 9, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm working on my third set of skills to 55 from 50

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

I'm going to dupe and make money in the next train wreck mmo

Teach me your ways fauxtool

once I decide on my next game ill recruit a few goons to help ruin the game. reqs are that you have way too much time on your hands and are probably a terrible person that has fun at the expense of others.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fauxtool posted:

once I decide on my next game ill recruit a few goons to help ruin the game. reqs are that you have way too much time on your hands and are probably a terrible person that has fun at the expense of others.

So basically everyone.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Everyone posting in this thread*

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im sure i read on the offical forums that someone (it comes from reddit) on the PTS has data mined the compensation packs they are planning on giving people for the merge.

Its like 3x 1k lp pots and 150 tax certs

loving lol if this is true.

Edit- holy gently caress

Celestrata--- "The compensation packs listed there are old and are subject to change. Remember, after our initial discussion, we took the community feedback back to XL and have continued our discussions. "

trion was going to give 3 pots and 150 certs.
HAHAHAHHA

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 9, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
"After lengthy talks with XL Games (we ran a couple emails back and forth through Google Translate until nobody knows what the original email said) we here at Trion have dramatically boosted the packs and we think you'll be very happy with the results."

*Scott Hartsman pauses to sip his glass of water*

"It'll now be 5 bound labor potions and 200 bound certs, which I think you'll agree is generous in the extreme."

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The thing is, there was no community feedback as they never released the proposed contents of the packs. These were data mined.

Do you have to take a bullshit test in order to get employed by trion or do you learn that once they start giving you money.

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
I think working at Trion is like being in a constant state of damage control. You'll do whatever you can to keep that ship afloat.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Picture a hole in a ship made by a cannonball and someone using a collander to scoop the water out

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Eonwe posted:

Picture a hole in a ship made by a cannonball and someone using a collander to scoop the water out

lol this is Trion.txt

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Working at trion is actually probably a really cushy job.

"Who cares what they think, they're idiots, if they had a brain they wouldn't give us money, churn and burn, forget archeage, we got their money already, they will give us money for Devilian now."

They've got a good thing going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Actually the ex-Trion employees I've played games with say that it was a fairly lovely place to work, even by game industry standards.

• Locked thread