Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

CommieGIR posted:

"What we need is some nuclear duck calls to help keep the Iranian's at bay"

How the gently caress are they using this guy to discuss global politics?

Poorly, I'd presume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

Here's video of Sarah Palin saying that Obama needs to "call off the dogs", in reference to #BlackLivesMatter protesters.

Good to see we've passed the threshold from foghorn to air raid siren.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Oh good, a man who has a duck hunting TV show has some thoughts on global nuclear arms control. :allears:

This is a wonderful shorthand for Election 2016.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Joementum posted:

Oh good, a man who has a duck hunting TV show has some thoughts on global nuclear arms control. :allears:

Between this guy, Trump and..

Joementum posted:

Here's video of Sarah Palin saying that Obama needs to "call off the dogs", in reference to #BlackLivesMatter protesters.

this woman.... America is doomed.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
So as Jeb Bush starts attacking Trump for not being conservative for wanting to raise taxes on the rich, he had a clip from his extended interview with Colbert last night start to go viral on the right. The reason it is being passed around to much anger is he talks about gun control in Florida, addressing gun control nationwide, and comments on how he would deal with NRA resistance to mental health checks. His responses were completely empty claptrap, but it is still pissing people off.

My point is that Trump really does know the Republican Party better than Bush does

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Oh gently caress you John

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Joementum posted:

Eh, now they're even for the "lipstick on a pig" thing.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Toph Bei Fong posted:

For all the talk of Sanders being the Ron Paul of the Left, I really think Lessig deserves the title more: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...or_citizen.html

That's actually true. One way to curtail the influence of corporate lobbying is to budget for more congressional staff who can draft policies, instead of having to rely on lobbyists.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

What was the context? "This was a good start, but now we need to pay Lockheed Martin a few billion dollars to make it more efficient!" Is my guess.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Fried Chicken posted:

So as Jeb Bush starts attacking Trump for not being conservative for wanting to raise taxes on the rich, he had a clip from his extended interview with Colbert last night start to go viral on the right. The reason it is being passed around to much anger is he talks about gun control in Florida, addressing gun control nationwide, and comments on how he would deal with NRA resistance to mental health checks. His responses were completely empty claptrap, but it is still pissing people off.

My point is that Trump really does know the Republican Party better than Bush does

Maybe Jeb just hasn't paid any attention to anything that's happened with the Republican Party since his brother left office

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

"If we just say the right magic words, Obama will go up in a puff of smoke and brimstone."

They're never going to trick him into saying Amabo Karab, no matter how many times they try.

I haven't checked yet, but this means he's advocating for opening up the boarders and accepting as many refugees as possible so this never happens again, right?

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

Is this a picture of a decent "we should maybe not let refugee babies die" John McCain or a lovely "this is Obama's fault somehow" John McCain?

either way that was a terrible decision :catstare:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Malmesbury Monster posted:

Is this a picture of a decent "we should maybe not let refugee babies die" John McCain or a lovely "this is Obama's fault somehow" John McCain?

either way that was a terrible decision :catstare:

I feel the worst for the employees of the congressional print shop.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Toph Bei Fong posted:

They're never going to trick him into saying Amabo Karab, no matter how many times they try.

I haven't checked yet, but this means he's advocating for opening up the boarders and accepting as many refugees as possible so this never happens again, right?

Yes, he wants the US to accept more refugees. Lindsey Graham said yesterday that we should tear down the Statue of Liberty if we don't.

Of course, McCain and Graham also say that the whole thing is Obama's fault and that the solution is troops on the ground and a bombing campaign.

Here's the video of McCain's floor speech: http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4550265/senator-john-mccain-syrian-refugees

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I really wish this was a photoshop. I can't think of a single good context for J McCain to be showing this picture to Congress.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
If these Congressmen had balls, they'd just put up a bright green poster and let the Internet work its magic.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Joementum posted:

Yes, he wants the US to accept more refugees. Lindsey Graham said yesterday that we should tear down the Statue of Liberty if we don't.

Of course, McCain and Graham also say that the whole thing is Obama's fault and that the solution is troops on the ground and a bombing campaign.

Here's the video of McCain's floor speech: http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4550265/senator-john-mccain-syrian-refugees

My hope is that one day, these people will realize that bombing campains are exactly what caused this poo poo in the first place.

badatom
Dec 10, 2011
By sheer coincidence, I'm on vacation in DC today and couldn't pass up the chance to see the Iran rally up close. We got to hear Sarah Palin's word salad, duck dude discussing world politics and Glenn Beck not shutting the hell up while people were baking in the 91-degree heat. Lots of fun protesters too. After an hour, we had enough of the circus (and the sun). Some girl from the Washington Post was looking for Trump supporters and tried to interview us. She was actually having trouble finding some...

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Dalael posted:

My hope is that one day, these people will realize that bombing campains are exactly what caused this poo poo in the first place.

Kind of hilarious that conservatives are saying we need to stop the iran deal specifically so things like syria don't happen again. Because going to war and destabilizing another country surely wouldn't add to the migrant crisis. :allears:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Stopped clocks and South Carolina pols.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Joementum posted:

Well alright! Are we talking a good 800,000+ like Germany is? I mean, they've got about 1/4 of the US's population, so the US's acceptance number ought to be around 3,200,000, but still...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Lotka Volterra posted:

Kind of hilarious that conservatives are saying we need to stop the iran deal specifically so things like syria don't happen again. Because going to war and destabilizing another country surely wouldn't add to the migrant crisis. :allears:

The US needs to pass legislation so that the sons and daughters of Congressman(and congresswoman) are the first to be shipped to the front lines in case of a war. I can guarantee you that they'll start looking at diplomacy as their first options and war as their last desperate measure.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Well alright! Are we talking a good 800,000+ like Germany is? I mean, they've got about 1/4 of the US's population, so the US's acceptance number ought to be around 3,200,000, but still...

They're majority Muslims, so take any number that sounds vaguely reasonable and divide it by 100.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lotka Volterra posted:

Well all we need to do is displace a large chunk of Shia and the other ethnic groups in Iran and the two should cancel each other out.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Can we just give all the refuges one of the states nobody is taking care of? Like, I'm sure they could do a better job with Kansas than Brownback.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

It makes me so depressed that James O'Keefe has this level of influence over congress just by releasing a bunch of bullshit videos. What's there to stop him or anyone else from periodically releasing videos on virtually any subject and causing a government shutdown because [THING] is horrific and should be defunded immediately?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Gravel Gravy posted:

Well all we need to do is displace a large chunk of Shia and the other ethnic groups in Iran and the two should cancel each other out.

Maybe if we just lob enough bombs at the Middle East they'll start having the reverse effect. It's worth a try.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Judge Collyer has allowed the House's lawsuit against Obama to go forward. Which is flat out loving insane since they completely lack standing, but she was a W Bush appointee and everything is partisan these days

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

nachos posted:

It makes me so depressed that James O'Keefe has this level of influence over congress just by releasing a bunch of bullshit videos. What's there to stop him or anyone else from periodically releasing videos on virtually any subject and causing a government shutdown because [THING] is horrific and should be defunded immediately?

It's not like the videos made them all of a sudden want to defund PP...

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Can we just give all the refuges one of the states nobody is taking care of? Like, I'm sure they could do a better job with Kansas than Brownback.

You want to take them out of a desert put them in Kansas?

gently caress dude, that's rough even by ISIS's standards.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Joementum posted:

Sure Hillary Clinton, who is likely to be the President and almost certainly going to be the Democratic nominee, just went to the Brookings Institute to rattle off another belligerent warmongering pro-Israel speech, but: Republican Said A Thing

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Cabbit posted:

I say give them Detroit. It's a bombed out shell of a city, but at least it's not an active war zone.

Plus there is a huge Muslim population there already.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Tezzor posted:

Sure Hillary Clinton, who is likely to be the President and almost certainly going to be the Democratic nominee, just went to the Brookings Institute to rattle off another belligerent warmongering pro-Israel speech, but: Republican Said A Thing

An American politician that's pro-Isreal in their speeches???? Why I never!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Inside the House GOP conference.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
If anyone is interested in reading Lessig's Republic, Lost (and reviews say it's very good) you can read it for free at the link here

http://lesterland.lessig.org/pdf/republic-lost.pdf

This link comes from Lessig's own tumbler page.

Ezra Klein wrote a detailed analysis of the book http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2012/mar/22/our-corrupt-politics-its-not-all-money/

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

A Winner is Jew posted:

I say give them Detroit. It's a bombed out shell of a city, but at least it's not an active war zone.

Plus there is a huge Muslim population there already.

If history has shown us anything, it's that you can just stick whatever Muslims next to each other and it works out great.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Thump! posted:

You want to take them out of a desert put them in Kansas?

gently caress dude, that's rough even by ISIS's standards.

Wyoming has plenty of open space for them to build Muslim-only cities where no white people go.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
One of the few things this country is very good at is assimilating immigrants including Muslim immigrants...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

chitoryu12 posted:

Wyoming has plenty of open space for them to build Muslim-only cities where no white people go.

What, and let them build a Muslamic Ray Gun in the desert?

• Locked thread