Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shaggar posted:

oh wait no I'm on 8.

of course you are, why would you be use a beta os on your telephone? what is this, loving android?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

triple sulk posted:

apple tv apps are limited to 200mb lmao

yeah but presumably they're all 64-bit only and have that new app streaming stuff that iOS does

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shaggar posted:

oh wait no I'm on 8.

yeah like i said i haven't seen it happen since i upgraded to 9 on my ipad (air 2, so its not like its slow) and iphone (5, not really slow either)

i think it was just a bug and they seemed to have fixed it. used to happen all the time

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

PleasureKevin posted:

it's defective

genuinely surprised to see a competitor's laptop with logo in full view

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Linguica posted:

they know people with taste will still pay through the nose for one

oh tim

you know exactly what youre doing dont you

infernal machines posted:

old way:
just tap and it opens
awesome, wow, that's so easy!

new way:
just tap and it opens
i tapped and a thing came up, which one do i pick?
how long did you tap?
i don't know, which one do i pick?
how hard did you press?
JFC, i don't know, how do i get out of this?
well that depend on what you're in
oh FFS, i just want to show my friend a picture of a cat

anroid lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

carry on then posted:

lol as if apple is in any sense competing with alienware

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
ugh god loving damnit $600 for a 64 gb 5s or $750 for a 6s. gently caress you tim

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
someday, apple users will look back at the galaxy note and remark how compact and tiny it was

they will watch the zach morris cell phone episode and fail to see the humor in carrying an enormous phone

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kenny Logins posted:

$1029 was apple.ca's cad price though?

i mean otoh at least we can get unlocked right away but still 1000 clams is going to be tough when i'm on a 5s right now

we'll see though

849 US... hmmm

so that means the 64GB on a 2 year plan is gonna be around $400 CAD :( gently caress

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mulva posted:

Yeah, I want the deets on that

looks like it's the same as carrier financing: after 12 payments, you are eligible to upgrade to another phone. includes applecare+ (which is now $99 per incident, up from $79).

http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

if you keep your phone the full 24 months, you end up spending $25 over buying the phone and applecare+ outright. i'm not sure it's worth it unless you really want to upgrade every year, and considering i'm not getting the upgrade, i'm gonna say it's not for me.

ps stop engaging stymie, you idiots

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

carry on then posted:

here's a venn diagram of apple and alienware customers: O O

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

that Apple TV has probably be ready to roll out in that form for at least 12-18 months, and the killer app was the deal they were supposed to be making with content providers.

don't care about lack of 4k because I'm not an idiot with a 40" 4k Visio above a fireplace who sits 12 feet away from it anyway. also lets wait until apple encode 1080p videos that are higher quality than their 720p ones before we ask for a 4k video stream that looks like a loving VHS tape

Plex better get an official app and they better let them integrate the library with the inbuilt catalog search poo poo, because what I have at home is better than what I get on all my subscription services anyway

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Single Tour

The classic Hermès design. The buckle recalls those on the straps of a horse’s girth, a nod to the equestrian heritage of Hermès. Available in 38mm and 42mm stainless steel cases with Hermès leather bands in Fauve and Noir. The 38mm case is also available with a Capucine leather band.

Starting at $1100

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

EL BROMANCE posted:

that Apple TV has probably be ready to roll out in that form for at least 12-18 months, and the killer app was the deal they were supposed to be making with content providers.

don't care about lack of 4k because I'm not an idiot with a 40" 4k Visio above a fireplace who sits 12 feet away from it anyway. also lets wait until apple encode 1080p videos that are higher quality than their 720p ones before we ask for a 4k video stream that looks like a loving VHS tape

Plex better get an official app and they better let them integrate the library with the inbuilt catalog search poo poo, because what I have at home is better than what I get on all my subscription services anyway

plex just needs to use the universal search API i don't think apple controls what shows up and what doesn't show up in it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

here's a little financial protip: do not finance consumer electronics

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

my life has been so much better since I just hooked my computer up to my tv directly instead of loving with chromecast et al and their lack of real content. now i can just put on nbcsn or w/e, the site works fine

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

holy fuckin poo poo the iphone upgrade plan is amazing

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

literally every analyst is going to be updating their models after this

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

cremnob posted:

holy fuckin poo poo the iphone upgrade plan is amazing

too bad the 6 form factor is trash

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

plex just needs to use the universal search API i don't think apple controls what shows up and what doesn't show up in it

yeah? that's a good sign, I presume it's gotta be an xml or similar based thing. their wording of what supported it sounded very exclusive, rather than saying 'plus many more' or 'plus stuff from the appstore'

Plex rules, Apple TV with proper Plex integration will rule ridiculous amounts, especially if it can play all the audio/video poo poo directly (which plexconnect can't do)

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
a

cremnob posted:

ahahahahahaha

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

AAPL is down 2%

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cremnob posted:

yes, but in which direction? (hint: the one you're thinking of is likely wrong)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Ludwig van Halen posted:

AAPL is down 2%

this is normal, what was unusual was it was up for a bit during the ipad pro portion of the keynote which is not a good sign

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

"a horse’s girth" - apple.com

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
maybe this is a savvy move on tim's part

he knows that the ipad brand is unsalvageable at this point so he's going to torpedo it spectacularly and then nobody will blame him when it quietly goes away

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
my office is abuzz of people who cannot wait to exchange money for the ipad max

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

AAPL is down 2%

this always happens

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sniep posted:

my office is abuzz of people who cannot wait to exchange money for the ipad max

this will persist until just around when they use the fabric keyboard for the first time

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ipad max will be awesome for musicians too

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

max-i-pad xD

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
apple are managing to at once become a whorish follow-the-masses style corp like samsung but at the same time managing to pull that off extremely well (unlike the competitor)

stymie isn't necessarily wrong except he kind of thinks the changes are overall bad for aaple?

i mean good for them i guess? he who sells the most trash wins?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

as much as it would be "surface lol" an actual usb port would have gone miles towards making that better, most audio accessory companies are still shipping 30-pin hardware :downs:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nah.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Some of us have docks that only fit the old dimensions. Might not see new hardware until winter NAMM 2016.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

as much as it would be "surface lol" an actual usb port would have gone miles towards making that better, most audio accessory companies are still shipping 30-pin hardware :downs:

yeah lol a usb port! now you can use pretty much any accessory invented in the last 15 years! what a dumbass you are!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
next you're going to tell me you want a port for the standard memory card so you can get photos and videos off your camera easily. lol, idiot.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

next you're going to tell me you want a port for the standard memory card so you can get photos and videos off your camera easily. lol, idiot.

nah my camera has wifi

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

sonatinas posted:

Some of us have docks that only fit the old dimensions. Might not see new hardware until winter NAMM 2016.

which is only 2ish months after it comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

nah my camera has wifi

are there standards for getting the photos off there and onto the ipad or do you have to install some 3rd party software?

• Locked thread