Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Vorpal Cat posted:

Get a fake goatee and become the evil mirror universe version?

You could just convince everyone that Furiosa was actually missing the same arm as you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Klaus88 posted:

Thought evil mirror universe version just meant a barred midriff, which is redundant with a madmax cosplay.

:goonsay:

Everyone in the mirror universe naturaly grows goatees, the women just shave theirs, but with the shortage of razors in madmax...

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
Some of the most unique costumes I saw DragonCon this year:

(the stained glass lady)

The teacher from the Magic School Bus

His chain mail was made out of pull tabs.

This guy is already internet famous, but I had to get picture.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Wow I love that the Wolverine guy just has the perfect build and facial hair to make a really really good Wolverine but decided instead to make it a bunny rabbit Wolverine. Because why not.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That schoolbus teacher is cute as all get-out.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Rough Lobster posted:

Wow I love that the Wolverine guy just has the perfect build and facial hair to make a really really good Wolverine but decided instead to make it a bunny rabbit Wolverine. Because why not.

I think it's supposed to be a crossover nod to Jackman's role as Bunnymund/Easter Bunny in Rise of the Guardians.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Transmogrifier posted:

I think it's supposed to be a crossover nod to Jackman's role as Bunnymund/Easter Bunny in Rise of the Guardians.

This

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dead Pikachu posted:

The teacher from the Magic School Bus

Pretty good Misty from Pokemon in the back there too.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

It's Ms Frizzle! :neckbeard:

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

Anyone else notice the guitar says "Sir Dickbutt's"?

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Got a chance to do my very first cosplay this weekend at DragonCon.

It's from Jim Butcher's upcoming book series Cinder Spires. I'm the one in the (intentionally) horrible suit. The cane is my own creation and glows a whole bunch of colours and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, despite the rush.

Here's a video of it in action, apologies for the Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/masquedxangel/videos/10207769025327373/?autoplay_reason=gatekeeper

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
How do you cosplay characters from an upcoming book?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Paladinus posted:

How do you cosplay characters from an upcoming book?

By being allowed to read the pre-released version.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Captain Capacitor posted:

That's pretty cool. Was it an official promotion gig or just a team of eager fans? I imagine most people would have thought it was just generic steampunk stuff.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That's some cutting edge nerdery.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Did the author intend to make Barf from Spaceballs or was it just interpreted that way.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Decrepus posted:

Did the author intend to make Barf from Spaceballs or was it just interpreted that way.

There's no way that isn't just a Barf cosplayer who wondered in on someone elses shoot.

Please

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
It was official, but seeing as the author also dressed up I'm not really sure where that puts things.

And it's not Barf, she worked really hard on the costume but didn't realize that the jumpsuit could have helped differentiate.

VVVV Yes indeed.

Captain Capacitor has a new favorite as of 02:40 on Sep 10, 2015

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Having the author himself as part of the cosplay group probably doesn't hurt. That IS Jim Butcher there in the middle, right?

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

Nice.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

hollylolly posted:

Having the author himself as part of the cosplay group probably doesn't hurt. That IS Jim Butcher there in the middle, right?

Yes indeed, that's him. It was his fiancées idea.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

I heard the voice as soon as I saw this. :)

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008

Decrepus posted:

No, that's a mat. Half man. Half cat. He's his own worst enemy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Got a chance to do my very first cosplay this weekend at DragonCon.

Steampunk, steampunk, steampunk, steampunk, steampunk, random furry. Oooh kay.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

I know it's probably not that bad in small doses but I can't look at corsets like that without thinking about poo poo like

And also maybe that the look on their faces indicates discomfort and/or lack of breath.

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely
That's long-term damage, though, the kind they got from years of 'waist training' with tight corsets. Cosplay corsets and waist cinchers don't do that, mostly because your average cosplayer would pass the gently caress out with that kind of lacing.

Saikonate
Jun 23, 2007
Naysayer
Fun Shoe
A friend's daughter made costumes for her and her (appropriate, I suppose) little sister for NDK in Denver:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Saikonate posted:

A friend's daughter made costumes for her and her (appropriate, I suppose) little sister for NDK in Denver:

Nice!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Degenerate Star posted:

That's long-term damage, though, the kind they got from years of 'waist training' with tight corsets. Cosplay corsets and waist cinchers don't do that, mostly because your average cosplayer would pass the gently caress out with that kind of lacing.

I was reading that celebrities are getting back into waist training so we're going to have plenty of people doing terrible damage to themselves to emulate their favorite D-leaguer soon. :smith:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Degenerate Star posted:

Yeah, I know a lot of actresses who actually like corseting for a role for what it does for their posture. Some get a bit too into it, though, and suddenly they have costumes that don't fit because they've been slowly training themselves tighter and tighter.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lady Doof build pictures
http://imgur.com/gallery/JT8Wu

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
How did I never notice it's made from a toilet seat.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

And it's not Barf, she worked really hard on the costume but didn't realize that the jumpsuit could have helped differentiate.

The more explaining is done the worse it gets.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

As long as they're fitted (and tightened) properly corsets are no different from a bra.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Decrepus posted:

I was trying to figure out who was who from Spaceballs for a bit

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Lord Lambeth posted:

As long as they're fitted (and tightened) properly corsets are no different from a bra.

Except you're pushing up your entire gut instead of just your boobs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has anyone got some pictures from Toronto Fan Expo? My friends went and they said there was an amazing Groot cosplay wandering around.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Saikonate posted:

I saw these two, some of the better cosplay at ndk this year. There was also a really good Jeb Kerman walking around too.

I was the headcrab zombie walking around with captain hammer, black beast and the undertaker from black butler (I think that's the characters name).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

veedubfreak posted:

How did I never notice it's made from a toilet seat.

Bed pan

• Locked thread