Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Is EVERYONE in this thread blind and stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It honestly is amazing that Otacon turned out as well as he did and even more amazing he somehow managed to raise Sunny to be as reasonably healthy as a brainwashed child raised by the internet can be.

Strangeloves plea worked.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Boss is that powerful.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

ImpAtom posted:

It honestly is amazing that Otacon turned out as well as he did and even more amazing he somehow managed to raise Sunny to be as reasonably healthy as a brainwashed child raised by the internet can be.
I do like that they made it so that not only is Solid Snake a much better man than his father and a good man despite his flaws, so is Otacon. Hal is basically Huey except honest and empathetic almost to a fault, but the things that make him a whiny loser also make him moral and kind.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Boss's children:

- Ocelot
- The Pain
- The Fear
- The End
- The Fury
- Big Boss
- Otacon

The Snake family is weird.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Buschmaki posted:

I listened to all of Code Talker's tapes and he doesn't mention women not getting synptoms anywhere.

Yeah, I think people are misrembering the tapes because I'm listening to them again and I'm not hearing that anywhere.

Even if it were the case, it would still be a pretty drat good ethnic cleanser. If all the men of an entire ethnic group are wiped out, the women would still only be able to have children with people from other groups. In addition to taking away their languages and culture, "breeding them out" has been used plenty of times throughout history as an attempt to suppress and eliminate minority groups.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It gets real weird when they bring in the pod and play the recording of strangelove going LET ME OUT HUEY YOU ARE CURRENTLY MURDERING ME, STRANGELOVE and immediately after he's crying about her suicide again.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Funky Valentine posted:

The Boss's children:

- Ocelot
- The Pain
- The Fear
- The End
- The Fury
- Big Boss
- Otacon

The Snake family is weird.

Otacon has nothing to do with the Boss outside of Strangelove's fetish for her.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Youre FACE to FACE with the man who sold the world

:stare:

I thought you died a long long time ago
oh no
not me

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It gets real weird when they bring in the pod and play the recording of strangelove going LET ME OUT HUEY YOU ARE CURRENTLY MURDERING ME, STRANGELOVE and immediately after he's crying about her suicide again.

It's because Huey is being made through damning evidence to accept the fact that he's a liar, liar pants on fire and it makes him have like, a mental breakdown.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

randombattle posted:

Otacon has nothing to do with the Boss outside of Strangelove's fetish for her.

I'm imagining a really angry Boss ghost deathstaring Huey while watching over 10 year old Hal blowing out birthday candles and I'm giggling about it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sharkopath posted:

I'm imagining a really angry Boss ghost deathstaring Huey while watching over 10 year old Hal blowing out birthday candles and I'm giggling about it.

This but with the angry Boss ghost deathstaring Big Boss while he does anything after 1984.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Boss must basically be the angriest loving ghost. Between Big Boss, Strangelove, Cypher, and Skullface alone.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Shouldn't she be angry at herself for inspiring every bad that happened for decades?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Broseph Brostar posted:

Shouldn't she be angry at herself for inspiring every bad that happened for decades?

I think she'd be angrier if it seemed like a single one of them actually understood her drat motivations.

Instead Big Boss is like "GONNA MAKE A COUNTRY OF SOLDIERS" and Cypher is all Big Brother and Strangelove makes an AI nuclear walking tank and Skullface decided that nuclear peace is the way to go.

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

Supreme Rear Admiral of Star Citizen
I just wanted to thank you 3 guys for having and actual sensible discussion about Paz and explaining your opinions. I enjoyed reading it and thought everyone had good points, so its just opinion if you agree how they presented everything.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

The Boss must basically be the angriest loving ghost. Between Big Boss, Strangelove, Cypher, and Skullface alone.

"loving dammit, I knew I shouldn't have been vaguely philosophical with Jack. He barely understands English as-is."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

In terms of disappointing successors, I think Big Boss takes the cake.

Basically Me But Even More of a Monster, Good Son, Dick Son, President Son.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
It could have been way worse, this whole game could have been a dream of Ahab's as Quiet slowly choked him out at the start, and then for the Truth mission you play as bandaged Big Boss right after Ahab dies. But not even Kojima would be that crazy.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

In terms of disappointing successors, I think Big Boss takes the cake.

Basically Me But Even More of a Monster, Good Son, Dick Son, President Son.

Disappointing? He has a president and the two-time saviour of the world as his kids!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Not telling anyone you dont play as snake in MGS2 is far more ballsy than "it was all a dream (i used to distract guards with magazines, big mama and walker-d up in the limousine)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I feel bad that the thing that tipped me off the most about the body switch is that Venom can equip Boss's bandana. In Peace Walker he threw it off to condemn her, it felt weird that he'd just kinda put it back on after that.

Also I love Huey. Not because he's good but because of just how loving terrible he is. I've never gone from "aw stop being mean to him guys" to feeling robbed he wasn't killed in a game like this before.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Not telling anyone you dont play as snake in MGS2 is far more ballsy than "it was all a dream (i used to distract guards with magazines, big mama and walker-d up in the limousine)

That's a fair point.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

THE FINAL WILL AND TESTAMENT OF JOHN __________ aka BIG BOSS

To my son George, I leave the POTUS

To my son David, I leave a strong moral compass and simple wish that he become a better man than me

To my son Eli...

*lawyer turns over will*

*there's just a picture of a middle finger, and the words "THAT'S RIGHT BLAME ME" written on the back*

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

I'm only 87.429% decided yet, but I'll probably be loving mad if Kojima doesn't blow up the Twin Towers or something at 9/11 and just doesn't call back. This pain would last forever..

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Intel&Sebastian posted:

First aid was the worst aid, now we eat rations when we thirst-ay

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This game is this generations Xenogears

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Boss's ghost is always slightly off screen yelling at The Sorrow but he's like "Chill, just let me handle this" because he understands how to haunt subtly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Funky Valentine posted:

First aid was the worst aid, now we eat rations when we thirst-ay

Remember Quiets theme, mm hm mm humm, never thought Kojima would go this dumb/ now im in the brig tight, from a mother base fight/Time to get paid blow up like Tselinoyarsk base/born solid, opposite genes of a winner/remember when dad ate crocodiles for dinner

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
The Boss's Ghost follows Venom Snake through the years and upon his death is shocked to learn she'd been haunting the wrong man

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Remember Quiets theme, mm hm mm humm, never thought Kojima would go this dumb/ now im in the brig tight, from a mother base fight/Time to get paid blow up like Tselinoyarsk base/born solid, opposite genes of a winner/remember when dad ate crocodiles for dinner

that's a ban

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If Patriots and Snakes
All got along
They'd probably give me FOXDIE by the end of this song
Seems like the whole mother base is against me
Everytime I'm at the zoo it's like YAK YAK YAK YAK

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I seen an olive drab MG with his brains blown out
At the same nuke depot where Liquid hangs out
This is not a post credits codec saying that he did it
But ever since that day my replacement hand is all up in it

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

:bravo:

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

please dont do kendrick like that

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
There's someone working on the whole album as a Game of Thrones edit in the lit forum so that ship sailed a long rear end time ago for me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

There's someone working on the whole album as a Game of Thrones edit in the lit forum so that ship sailed a long rear end time ago for me.

Somebody should stop them, from doing that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Sharkopath posted:

Somebody should stop them, from doing that.

The Sallahdor Saan crackdown is a go

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

im going to loving kill myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
How did you survive 5 metal gear games while having no sense of humor?

• Locked thread