Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Schmetterling posted:

In the most recent Malifaux nightmare edition box, there's a strongman called Mercury as an alternate performer. All the model's actions are the same as the original performer, so Mercury lures people in with a Siren Call, can cast Seduction on scheme markers, and poisons people with wine and hairpins.

Malifaux also has Johnny Cash. Not to mention the Crossroad 7.

Endless Fantasy Tactics have a Freddy Mercury character, though no figure out yet. He is obviously the best at singing magic.

If you look at the bottom of the mini does it show the floorboards rusted out? Maybe a couple planks of 2x4s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Pinhead stormraven?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It looks like a Borg drone.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Esser-Z posted:

poo poo, now I want an actual Freddie Mercury mini.

You can get one, but it's 54mm scale.

http://www.kingsfigurines.com/crbst_6.html

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Wargames foundry has a lot of historical miniatures, which I could never use, because who plays historicals around these parts?

Some of the other models are hilariously 90s, which means that they're a little overpriced, too.

However, the sculptors have a real issue with nipples:

Not gonna lie, love the Penelope here.

Mistress Trude has been involved in a horrible accident by the looks of them.

Bonus points for having one of your team members strapped to uselessness.

Non-sexism-talk bonus:

"Don't you think ballistic glasses are a bit gratuitous with gasmasks?"
"What you don't want them to look tactical? PUT IT THERE"

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I strongly suspect the hawt laydeez collection was made as an unofficial shadowrun set. I am especially impressed by Justine, the dominatrix who can apparently still be dominant while chained up and ball gagged.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Rosemary is a great genderswap Blade, though. They really got the Wesley Snipes pout right.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

moths posted:

Rosemary is a great genderswap Blade, though. They really got the Wesley Snipes pout right.

....I kinda want to see THAT movie now, but fear it would only be on VHS and only found in a sex shop. I don't want to explain to my wife why I would be googling for near by sex shops and have to explain that it was related to pictures of minis I was looking at online. Try arguing your way through that at a divorce hearing! ;)

And after all that, I would still need to find a VHS player.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Genderswap version of Blade should clearly be played by Grace Jones.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What miniature games are on this scale? Because I want to proxy a Freddie in for something.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Len posted:

What miniature games are on this scale? Because I want to proxy a Freddie in for something.

Just use it as a Giant in some fantasy game.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Len posted:

They all are. It's just a matter of deciding what class of giant-creature Freddie Mercury has to be within that ruleset.

Like, if it's warhammer, he probably could qualify as an ogre.

On the other hand, if it's OGRE, he could probably qualify as an OGRE.

e:f,b :(

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

They all are. It's just a matter of deciding what class of giant-creature Freddie Mercury has to be within that ruleset.

Like, if it's warhammer, he probably could qualify as an ogre.

On the other hand, if it's OGRE, he could probably qualify as an OGRE.

e:f,b :(

Ogre Battle already has enough Queen in it :v:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

He's Inquisitor scale, and that jacket is two shoulderboards away from being the most inspirational comissar ever.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I always loved the Dawn of War II: Retribution IG commander for being a big game hunter halfway between Freddie Mercury and Stalin.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Trevor seems like a cool dude, I'd chill with Trev.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

PantsOptional posted:

:golfclap:

head58
Apr 1, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Esser-Z posted:

I'm at work right now and can't really go looking, but I'm sure TFWiki.net has a screenshot somewhere of the scene in the 1986 movie with the faceplated Constructicons blpwing trumpets. That's what this reminds me of--goofy animation from an 80s cartoon designed to sell action figures.

Except even then, Transformers had a far more compelling setting than Age of Sigmar!

Age of Sigmar is designed to sell action figures too, though. Even if it is worse at it than 80s cartoons.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SuperKlaus posted:

Age of Sigmar is designed to sell action figures too, though. Even if it is worse at it than 80s cartoons.

I dunno, despite my current distaste and avoidance of anything GW, I would legit be interested in building up some action figure sized sculpts (not space marines) for display.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

If only the Predator would move his chin a fraction of an inch so that the laser-guided plasma gun on his shoulder would point at the space marine's head, instead harmlessly hit his shoulder pad.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

Len posted:

Paint it bronze and put it on a pedestal - boom, instant statue terrain piece.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

guys

guys

get a ROOM already

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The perspective on this is amazingly bad. I mean, just look at that chainsword. It's so dinky. :allears:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

*~And here I stand
And here I'll slay
Let it go, let it go
Khorne never bothered me anyways~*

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

An interesting idea marred by poor execution, imo.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

The perspective on this is amazingly bad. I mean, just look at that chainsword. It's so dinky. :allears:

breh, it's not the size its how you use it

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Chain knife.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ugleb posted:

Chain knife.

Got you covered

EDIT:

I keep talking poo poo while reddit gets poo poo done:

JcDent fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Sep 11, 2015

Reset by Peer
Aug 14, 2015

Social Justice Battlemage

JcDent posted:

I keep talking poo poo while reddit gets poo poo done:

It's actually kinda amazing that by removing unnecessary frill (helmet spikes and top knot), adding a face with an expression, and tilting the head to a natural angle and using a different color scheme hobbyist was able to give the model a distinct facing, crisp silhouette, clear focal point and a motion line missing from the original.

When you look at a regular stormfront external, your eye kinda wonders around the entire mess. They just appear standing there, mildly bored. Here it is drawn to the face, and the shield. The head is turned toward the shield direction making it appear to stand in defensive pose with the weapon extended at the ready.

It's still not a great model, but these guys would look amazingly better as a fighting force without the gold armor, and lovely face plates.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yeah, in that style they actually make passable space marines.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Skellybones posted:

Yeah, in that style they actually make passable space marines.

Quick, send some Eternals to a goon that can paint and has spare backpacks.

I think the redditor said that Marine helmets are somewhat oversized for this lot. Might a Marine head there, tho - I didn't stay long enough to find out.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I actually didn't realise it was a Sigmarine. Just thought it was an over adorned marine with a busted thunder hammer. Huh

Reset by Peer
Aug 14, 2015

Ugleb posted:

I actually didn't realise it was a Sigmarine. Just thought it was an over adorned marine with a busted thunder hammer. Huh

Stormfront Pexternals: actually semi-decent spesh marine models after you clip off or file off all the Sigmort poo poo, and give them a decent, non gilded-chrome paint job.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
They've made the basis for a decent Marine conversion or two:

Or in this case a Thunder Warrrior:

I Am The Scum
May 8, 2007
The devil made me do it

SRM posted:

Or in this case a Thunder Warrrior:

Legitimately awesome. American Gladiators in the year 20XX.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I Am The Scum posted:

Legitimately awesome. American Gladiators in the year 20XX.

Oh wow. Totally makes sense with those guys, you just need to have a steady supply of Thunder Warrior heads at hand.

Reset by Peer posted:

Stormfront Pexternals: actually semi-decent spesh marine models after you clip off or file off all the Sigmort poo poo, and give them a decent, non gilded-chrome paint job.

As Eternals, any paint cheme that's not gold and blue looks horrible. With Space Marines, you can party hard, tho.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JcDent posted:

Oh wow. Totally makes sense with those guys, you just need to have a steady supply of Thunder Warrior heads at hand.
The head's a Cadian head from the heavy weapons sprue, and similar bits are in most tank kits. The topknot can come from anywhere, Orks and Chaos have a bunch to go around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset by Peer
Aug 14, 2015

SRM posted:

The head's a Cadian head from the heavy weapons sprue, and similar bits are in most tank kits. The topknot can come from anywhere, Orks and Chaos have a bunch to go around.

I feel that GW has an internal rule that says that each model line has to have a non-zero number of models with top knots. I can't think of a single fantasy/40k faction without at least one top knot model.

I almost feel like "make a dude with topknot" is the sculpting equivalent of "hello world" at GW.