Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I hope you own Tyler Lockett, y'all.

@bcondotta: Darrell Bevell says rookie WR Tyler Lockett "light years'' ahead of where they thought he might be as a receiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Franks Happy Place posted:

I hope you own Tyler Lockett, y'all.

@bcondotta: Darrell Bevell says rookie WR Tyler Lockett "light years'' ahead of where they thought he might be as a receiver.

Since when should we trust Darrell Bevell's word when it comes to Wide Receivers?

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
I'm not sure why I figured I could expect CJ Spiller to be healthy. Anyway, need to play one of my bench WRs in the Flex.

Kendall Wright @ TB
Anquan Boldin v. MIN

I am leaning towards Wright - feel like he's a lower floor but higher ceiling, whereas Boldin has the higher floor but lower ceiling. Am I reading both situations correctly?

Buane fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 10, 2015

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Buane posted:

I'm not sure why I figured I count expect CJ Spiller to be healthy. Anyway, need to play one of my bench WRs in the Flex.

Kendall Wright @ TB
Anquan Boldin v. MIN

I am leaning towards Wright - feel like he's a lower floor but higher ceiling, whereas Boldin has the higher floor but lower ceiling. Am I reading both situations correctly?

Wright for sure. Word out of that camp is he is Mariota's favorite target.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
12-team .5 PPR 3WR/2RB/FLEX

Give: Vincent Jackson

Get: Alfred Morris

I know that Morris is more of a lower-end RB2 in PPR, but look at my roster now:

QB: Brady, Rivers
WR: Cooks, Matthews, Stevie Johnson, Agholor, James Jones
RB: Peterson, Morris, Yeldon, David Johnson, Zenner, Michael
TE: Fleener

That's a no-brainer if I've ever seen one unless I'm totally missing something?

Now if I can package Rivers with one of my non-Peterson RBs for an upgrade, I think I'm in business.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I went boom or bust with my TE picks this year, 12 team league, typical PPR settings.

Picked Brent Celek late betting he'll start over an injured Ertz, and picked Virgil Green super-late hoping he'll overtake Owen Daniels as Denver's #1 TE. Kyle Rudolph has just hit the waiver wire and I'm unfamiliar with Minnesota's offense, should I pick him up over either of those other two? He's listed as the Viking's #1 TE but they don't seem to use him as a receiver too often? I've also got Dion Lewis on my bench, who I think will do work for NE this year.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 10, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Dandy Kaiser posted:

12-team .5 PPR 3WR/2RB/FLEX

Give: Vincent Jackson

Get: Alfred Morris

I know that Morris is more of a lower-end RB2 in PPR, but look at my roster now:

QB: Brady, Rivers
WR: Cooks, Matthews, Stevie Johnson, Agholor, James Jones
RB: Peterson, Morris, Yeldon, David Johnson, Zenner, Michael
TE: Fleener

That's a no-brainer if I've ever seen one unless I'm totally missing something?

Now if I can package Rivers with one of my non-Peterson RBs for an upgrade, I think I'm in business.

If you get Morris you pretty much are forced to pickup his handcuff, because he is getting Sims-ian levels of glowing reports and is a viable threat to Alf's long-term production.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

I went boom or bust with my TE picks this year, 12 team league, typical PPR settings.

Picked Brent Celek late betting he'll start over an injured Ertz, and picked Virgil Green super-late hoping he'll overtake Owen Daniels as Denver's #1 TE. Kyle Rudolph has just hit the waiver wire and I'm unfamiliar with Minnesota's offense, should I pick him up over either of those other two? He's listed as the Viking's #1 TE but they don't seem to use him as a receiver too often? I've also got Dion Lewis on my bench, who I think will do work for NE this year.

Kyle Rudolph is mostly used as a red zone threat, so he's always a chance for TD receptions, but not so much anything else.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Kyle Rudolph: not even once

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

MrSargent posted:

Since when should we trust Darrell Bevell's word when it comes to Wide Receivers?

Because it's in the context of Lockett balling the gently caress out and clearly being the most talented WR on the team?

I'm not the only one who thinks so, mind you.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Would you rather have Lockett or Brandon Coleman?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Because it's in the context of Lockett balling the gently caress out and clearly being the most talented WR on the team?

I was just being a jerk. The question above is important because I currently have Coleman.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm with you. I have high hopes for Lockett after seeing him demolish the Broncos retard special teams during preseason. Hopefully he works out because he'd be a sweet 18th round keeper.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

If you get Morris you pretty much are forced to pickup his handcuff, because he is getting Sims-ian levels of glowing reports and is a viable threat to Alf's long-term production.

If Jones were on the wire, I'd drop probably entertain dropping Michael for him, but I'm not going to trade for him. I'd rather handcuff myself to Michael's potential situation than Jones' in a Morris-less offense, all things being equal. Handcuffs are dumb anyway and I only have the RB lotto tickets I have because the bench is so big and my lineup is so top-heavy. Ideally, I would've had 4th and 8th round picks (traded then away last year) and I'd have an Ivory/Spiller instead of one of them and Yeldon, and Allen Robinson instead of VJax. I'm not too concerned about not owning Jones.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Phoneposting but how have Russel's top targets performed since he was drafted?

I get the sense that their passing game is just not high volume enough to be very fantasy relevant.

Lockett has been awesome to watch on returns though. Should be good for SEA in actual football.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Coleman vs. Lockett seems close to even (Saints pass way more, but Seattle's depth chart is much easier to climb), so just go with the scenario you prefer.

Personally I'm in a league with 1 pt / 25 return yards, and also a Seattle fan, so it's a no brainer. Also frankly Lockett impressed me (and everyone else) the most of any offensive rookie, so I want a piece of that flash.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Hmmmmm. PPR, who do I put on the bench so I can play Jeremy Maclin for this week?

Andre Johnson @ BUF
Jarvis Landry @ WAS
Frank Gore @ BUF
Mark Ingram @ ARI
Chris Ivory vs CLE
Brandin Cooks @ ARI
Kendall Wright @TB

Also, 6 pts per passing TD, trying to decide on playing Flacco @ DEN or Eli @ DAL

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

nrr posted:

Hmmmmm. PPR, who do I put on the bench so I can play Jeremy Maclin for this week?

Andre Johnson @ BUF
Jarvis Landry @ WAS
Frank Gore @ BUF
Mark Ingram @ ARI
Chris Ivory vs CLE
Brandin Cooks @ ARI
Kendall Wright @TB

Also, 6 pts per passing TD, trying to decide on playing Flacco @ DEN or Eli @ DAL

I'd bench Wright for sure and maybe even Gore too.

Forever_Peace posted:

I hear you, but their WRs outside of Tate have been dogshit, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg self fulfilling prophecy deal I think.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

If Jones were on the wire, I'd drop probably entertain dropping Michael for him, but I'm not going to trade for him. I'd rather handcuff myself to Michael's potential situation than Jones' in a Morris-less offense, all things being equal. Handcuffs are dumb anyway and I only have the RB lotto tickets I have because the bench is so big and my lineup is so top-heavy. Ideally, I would've had 4th and 8th round picks (traded then away last year) and I'd have an Ivory/Spiller instead of one of them and Yeldon, and Allen Robinson instead of VJax. I'm not too concerned about not owning Jones.

The thing is that Jones is not just a strict handcuff, as he should immediately take all passing game work, and push Morris for more. He's a far better "lotto ticket" than Michael, because the odds of him paying out are far higher.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yeah this snap count they've got gore on is worrying.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Forever_Peace posted:

I get the sense that their passing game is just not high volume enough to be very fantasy relevant.

Lockett has been awesome to watch on returns though. Should be good for SEA in actual football.

I'm just of the opinion that Lockett could do more with what little passing volume Seattle has than any other WRs on that roster.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

For me it's more that Buffalo's defense is a suffocating wave of human blunt force trauma.

Avoid.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Russell had 452 pass attempts last season, behind noted funslingers like Alex Smith, Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick. It's not that he's not a stellar passer, the offense isn't geared around his arm.

It's geared towards the guy lined up 5 yards behind him in Lynch, and potentially Graham now that he's in the mix. I wouldn't be looking the way of any Seahawk WRs in this setup, good or not. Volume wins championships.

Now excuse me while I cry into my pillow as I move Randle into my RB1 slot.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LmaoTheKid posted:

Also Tyler Varga is awesome. Who doesn't love white running backs?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Forever_Peace posted:

Wilson's passing attempts have gone up every year and he has yet to have anyone as talented as Lockett to throw to. I liken this to when they picked up Percy Harvin. They wanted to be excited about him but never could utilize him as much as they wanted to. Lockett offers more as a route runner but I think he could wind up filling a similar role to what they envisioned for Harvin. He can work out of the slot, make plays in the open field after the catch, and also get past the defense for a long score (and Wilson sure is a fan of those).

I think Wilson got himself a new toy and he's going to play with it.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Miko posted:

Russell had 452 pass attempts last season, behind noted funslingers like Alex Smith, Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick. It's not that he's not a stellar passer, the offense isn't geared around his arm.

It's geared towards the guy lined up 5 yards behind him in Lynch, and potentially Graham now that he's in the mix. I wouldn't be looking the way of any Seahawk WRs in this setup, good or not.

If you took all of the passes Russell threw to fullbacks, bad tight ends, surprised offensive linemen, and garbage WRs last year, you'd have enough business to sustain a decent WR3 with WR2 upside (depending on how his YAC ability pans out).

Not to mention the very well established fact that elite NFL receivers create targets, by being better at separation and route running than JAGs like the past Seahawks receiver corps.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Lockett is going to be a great YAC guy. He's just so drat fast, agile, and seems to have good football sense.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

The thing is that Jones is not just a strict handcuff, as he should immediately take all passing game work, and push Morris for more. He's a far better "lotto ticket" than Michael, because the odds of him paying out are far higher.

My reasoning is that unless they go full Bell/Bush from a few years ago, or Morris gets hurt and Jones takes over, I'm never going to flex him over any of my top-4 WRs. Whereas, improbable as it may seem, if Michael ever got a hold of 40+% of the carries in Dallas, he's got the talent and the offense where he could be a (barely cracking the) top-20 RB and worthy flex starter. Jones scoring points on my bench does nothing for me.

If he were on the wire, I'd consider it, but it's doubtful I could get his owner to do a straight 1:1 swap (and in that case, I'm probably trading Johnson instead of Michael) and it's not worth shuffling up my pieces to get a handcuff.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So I just drafted CJ anderson rather than Forte in the first round. May god have mercy on my soul.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

I think Wilson got himself a new toy and he's going to play with it.

I've heard that line applied to literally every SEA pass catcher of the last 2-3 years and it's always been wrong.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
He does have a new toy though. It is Jimmy Graham.

edit: Real talk though, last year's rookie WR class gave us crazy expectations. I don't know if I see enough of that magic and luck for it all to come together for this crew. Except for Amari, Amari is pretty good.

Miko fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 10, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Miko posted:

He does have a new toy though. It is Jimmy Graham.

Until the midway point

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pmchem posted:

I've heard that line applied to literally every SEA pass catcher of the last 2-3 years and it's always been wrong.

Lets see Harvin check Ciara check. gently caress why did I invest in graham

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Miko posted:

edit: Real talk though, last year's rookie WR class gave us crazy expectations. I don't know if I see enough of that magic and luck for it all to come together for this crew. Except for Amari, Amari is pretty good.

Agholor's got his ticket punched for Chip's Wild Ride

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

pmchem posted:

Don't roster him then if you think he's another Doug Baldwin. But Wilson has grown as a player since his rookie year and his responsibilities as a passer have increased each year. Lockett was crazy productive in college, is probably already the most talented WR on the team, and I think he fills a role the Seahawks want to utilize. They match up well in my eyes and there's legit sleeper appeal there.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 10, 2015

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

They match up well in my eyes and there's legit sleeper appeal there.

You have to go back to 2009 to find a SEA WR non-WR1 that has more than 72 targets on the season. So either this 182 pound rookie dude who's also returning punts and kicks is gonna leapfrog the depth chart to WR1, or SEA will change their offensive philosophy to manufacture touches for him? Or they'll just stick with pretty much the exact same offense that got them to the last two SBs, plus all-world Graham on 3rd downs and RZ.

Seriously you can find similar hype about Tate in August 2013 on rotoworld and he was a non rookie WR1 on the Hawks who has proven skill since then, and he only managed WR28 in standard. See also Harvin, Kearse, whoever. That Mathews guy that every dynasty league was drooling over after the SB this year.

Lock's a sleeper for 14 team non-ppr leagues that let you start 4 WRs and also credit return yardage, or best ball leagues with deep rosters.

This thread also wanted people to drop like Alfred Blue for Reggie Wayne so whatever, can't wait for preseason to end!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I don't think there's an argument for fading Olsen, just TEs in general. Like, I wouldn't fade Gronk, but I'm not touching him until after pick 17 or so.

Unless I felt really good about the first 4 guys I got, and I'm talking like a draft up to that point of: Dez, Julio, and then one each of (or two of the RBs) Forsett/Miller/Ingram OR Hopkins/Cooks/Matthews; I'd rather let someone else grab a TE and be stuck with a higher risk/reward WR/RB in a later round while I have high-3rd tier guys or higher at every starting RB/WR/FLEX spot. If last year is any indication, you have less than a 30% chance of hitting on a TE with a top-100 ADP, and even though Olsen, Gronk, and (depending on how you feel about him) Kelce are probably within that 30% of picks; if you're a saavy drafter, you could net a better team by grabbing a TE later.

tl;dr: TEs are stupid, target the three good guys and wait for them to fall; if they don't, move on.

:hfive:

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
Kind of new to this fantasy "football" thing, but yeah... in week 1 I can either go with Deangelo Williams or Tevin Coleman for my RB2? Someone give me a solid SWOT analysis here. I own Bell in the long term, so Williams is just of "there" till Bell's suspension ends.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Coleman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Is David Cobb worth stashing in dynasty? He just got dropped, and I would be dropping Dion Lewis or one of Jeff Janis/Ty Montgomery to grab him.

The crowded, lovely Titans backfield scares and confuses me.

24 man rosters, .5 ppr.

• Locked thread