Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

logitech has already announced an iPad Pro case: http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/rpromotion/create?wt.ac_id=global_create

and Steelseries has a new MFi controller that has a gyro in it for the Apple TV as well as a "Menu" button instead of pause. also it charges by lightning and is just $50.

Ludwig van Halen posted:

there's a pic of the back of it on apple.com and there's a usb-c in the center above the other connectors. idk why but maybe that means the case needed to be taller??

the apple TV 2 had a USB micro port in that spot. also the new apple TV has no optical port. i can't see it being anything but a heatsink. even the additional solid state space wouldn't add 11mm of height

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

so if it has no local storage why is there a 64 gig model

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

qirex posted:

so if it has no local storage why is there a 64 gig model

it reports no local storage available to the apps it's running. the OS presumably manages the storage. when something is saved to iCloud by a game, it's of course actually on the device as well, as with iCloud Drive or Dropbox.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

PleasureKevin posted:

the apple TV 2 had a USB micro port in that spot. also the new apple TV has no optical port. i can't see it being anything but a heatsink. even the additional solid state space wouldn't add 11mm of height

who loving cares

pram
Jun 10, 2001
jr industry analyst 'pleasure' kevin

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

computer parts posted:

who actually uses a laptop in their lap

its me

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
lmao at nerds talking about your terrible taste and opinions on music

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
h ave you heard of tooL

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

triple sulk posted:

who loving cares

well if it has a heat sink it will be the only ARM device i know of to have one. and it will mean it's got to be clocked higher than usual since the A8 doesn't need a heat sink in any other device. basically the gaming performance could quite good. thank you for asking.

pram posted:

jr industry analyst 'pleasure' kevin

anywhere other than yospos i would be jr., sure

pram
Jun 10, 2001

RBC posted:

lmao at nerds talking about your terrible taste and opinions on music

what the gently caress are you talking about

pram
Jun 10, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

well if it has a heat sink it will be the only ARM device i know of to have one. and it will mean it's got to be clocked higher than usual since the A8 doesn't need a heat sink in any other device. basically the gaming performance could quite good. thank you for asking.

uhh i can name lots of arm devices that have heat sinks. like, for example, the apple tv

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

you didn't answer the question

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

i often lapborne couch compute with my Seventeen Inch "Fat Book" Macintosh Notebook Computer Professional Edition

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I put iOS 9 gm on my 5s

it feels faster, the app switcher is better,
photos is better

tim has done it again

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

hows the new notes app it looks good, revolutionary even

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

this was the best keynote yet

was blown away from beginning to end

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the apple pencil and ipad pro look sick even though its not for me

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

the beginning was slow but they got the bullshit out of the way to marathon some jony ive vids

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Perplx posted:

I put iOS 9 gm on my 5s

photos is better

tim has done it again

i didn't upgrade that yet because you need el capitain on your mac

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

PleasureKevin posted:

lol nice

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
my moms been using an ipad 2 w/ smart cover since they came out i think a pro-pad + cover would suit the heck out of her needs

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

pip still ownage. installing gm's on watch, 5s and rmbp right now. thanks timb

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

can awful for ipad really not level those two bars at the bottom

my mini's still running the old version of awful from like ios 6 so idk

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Triglav posted:

can awful for ipad really not

the clue is in the name

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

How did they get TV so right and music so wrong?

Probably because they invented TV in-house, and they bought music from an outside source, and instead of trusting their gut, they deferred to Jimmy and his team, who are so out of it they believe that radio is gonna save the music business, as if we didn't live in an on demand culture.

What the present team doesn't understand is first and foremost it's SHOW BUSINESS! The presentation started out so slow it was hard to stay tuned in. Thank god I could surf while I watched. And if the public didn't want a huge Kindle, why does Apple think people want a huge iPad? Sure, iPad Pro does more, but the truth is the iPad is a faltering product, cannibalized by huge smartphones, and at best the iPad Pro is a niche product, made for artists and business users, and if you think we care...

We don't.

But television, we're all over that, it's driving our culture in a way music used to. Testing limits and titillating our senses, what kind of crazy world do we live in where it's more fun to stay home than go out?

And the truth is the new Apple TV doesn't include all services/providers, and I don't trust Siri, I wish there were a keystroke way of searching, maybe on my iPhone, maybe that's a hidden feature, but Apple has leapt forward and it's very impressive except for the fact that...

This is an old idea, Steve Jobs hinted at it to Walter Isaacson half a decade ago.

But give Apple props for execution.

But still the company is drifting without a center. First and foremost every product was foreshadowed in the press. If Jobs were still running the company tyrannically heads would have rolled. Where was the element of surprise? And I like that they included multiple women but so many people on stage were charisma-challenged it was hard to watch, once again, first and foremost, it's show business, content is secondary to presentation.

As for the new iPhones... They made Force Touch work, sounded like it wouldn't, but I was impressed.

And Apple is still the leader. But there's little innovation there. The limits are being tested, we're being wowed by new outsiders, Uber is cooler than almost everything on this presentation.

As for One Republic...

It's like putting lipstick on a pig. Everybody lost with One Republic's performance. Today's presentation had nothing to do with music, why include it? And if you do, why not mention the failing numbers at Apple Music? Just because people signed up that does not mean they use it. In the modern world most upgrade their software, especially on Apple devices. So people are signed up, but not trying it out, not extensively.

And multiple songs? Is this a concert or a tech presentation or..?

And who gives a whit about One Republic. It's kind of like hyping TV via "Green Acres," sure the sales are good, but there's no nougat, no meaning.

But everybody takes everything so seriously. As if we should care.

The public is disenchanted with politics and is following Donald Trump and you think we believe in One Republic, we the people who buy Apple products?

Make me puke.

Once again, a rudderless company where the design and fashion heads have too much pull. New Watch bands and colors? How about better functionality? I returned mine, it sucks.

And if I have to watch one more Jony Ive video... Who is he, Oz? Come out on stage and speak Jony, be human.

But he can't.

The formula is so tired as to almost be unwatchable.

I'm looking for innovation.

I'm not finding it at Apple.

I'm not finding it in music.

It's all over TV.

Which is why I'm excited about Apple's new television offering.

And that's just sad.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

read it

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

I wont.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

hailing cabs with an app. such incredible innovation. so cool. the genius it must take to come up with something like that!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's so trite

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
true I meant

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

sorry i meant "i read it" as in past tense as in i didnt read it at all, again sorry

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Perplx posted:

I put iOS 9 gm on my 5s

photos is better

tim has done it again

same, except my iphone 5

the new transit stuff in apple maps is great, the ui is a ton better than google maps. i don't like how the app switcher is reversed but i'll get used to it.

i like safari's new 'save this page as a pdf' feature.

e: oh and they re-added 'shuffle all' to music.app. thanks tim

Soldier of Fortran fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 10, 2015

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lmao lefsetz is literally stymie

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

whoever that is

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Soldier of Fortran posted:

same, except my iphone 5

the new transit stuff in apple maps is great, the ui is a ton better than google maps. i don't like how the app switcher is reversed but i'll get used to it.

i like safari's new 'save this page as a pdf' feature.

i'm spending a weekend in chicago next month and i'm seriously disappointed that chicago, the 3rd largest city in america, won't be supported out of the gate.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
ottawa, the capital of canada does not have transit support either

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

live on a coast if you wanna be relevant

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

i was shocked they had philly.

Perplx posted:

ottawa, the capital of canada does not have transit support either
owned

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i'm spending a weekend in chicago next month and i'm seriously disappointed that chicago, the 3rd largest city in america, won't be supported out of the gate.
owned

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

PleasureKevin posted:

i hope they make Xcode for iOS some day
true identity uncovered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007