Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

You're cute. :sparkles:

Not going to get into another argument with the rest of the :fap: "I am awesome at pix tanks you nubs!" crowd; however:

Facts

I received 5998 XP in a battle where I scored 5 kills in my O-I.

It was not base experience (minus premium bonus), but I never claimed it was. It was absolutely not a x2 match.

There may have even been other bonuses going on (probably even), but the splash didn't show them.

Conclusion

I even loving screenshotted this, but like I said I'm not trying win an argument with the :fap: "we're soooo much awesome" pix tanks crowd on the Internet.

I got roughly 6000xp with 5 kills with an O-I and got a 3rd class badge.

i dont have any good insults that are going to top you continuously self owning but you have written more words about tryhards in tanks than anyone else in this thread, and possibly everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
Facts

ZombieLenin posted:

It was absolutely not a x2 match.

I'd bet it was on monday. every game on monday in which you were in the top 10 on your team in xp was a x2 match

Conclusion

you post in a thread where everyone thinks you're an idiot

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

i did a quick count and im up to over 2000 words of this guy telling everyone how much he doesnt care

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Jack_tripper posted:

I'd bet it was on monday. every game on monday in which you were in the top 10 on your team in xp was a x2 match

The first five wins after the daily double in each tank were x4 matches. Also that 1281 exp includes premium, so his highest base exp is less than 900. So his game had to include another exp mission because not even the 50% exp consumable would push that to 6k on a quad.

But no, he's technically right. It wasn't a double, it was doubled twice and then some. So not "a" double.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Desuwa posted:

The first five wins after the daily double in each tank were x4 matches. Also that 1281 exp includes premium, so his highest base exp is less than 900. So his game had to include another exp mission because not even the 50% exp consumable would push that to 6k on a quad.

But no, he's technically right. It wasn't a double, it was doubled twice and then some. So not "a" double.
No, you dont understand, because :suicide101:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Control Volume posted:

i dont have any good insults that are going to top you continuously self owning but you have written more words about tryhards in tanks than anyone else in this thread, and possibly everywhere

:agreed: At this point it's almost as amusing as Metro's lack of a Type 59. Almost.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Take your Type 59 and shove it up your butt!

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please don't stop posting, Zombie Lenin. Your shtick is funnier than 95% of stand-up comedy.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Please don't stop posting, Zombie Lenin. Your shtick is funnier than 95% of stand-up comedy.

Here you go :fap:

Last time I sink to this level, and I'm doing this now only because I'm drunk.

Base xp 3909. No times 2, just like I loving said. There could be hidden bonuses I am not aware of, because it isn't listed.

Edit.

Looking at it now, it looks like I was awarded a combat coefficient of two for a mission. Don't know how this map actually works out with the XP I was given. Nonetheless, base XP was 3909 and I got a third class medal.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 10, 2015

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I- is that Signal Boosting? And Relaying? :pusheen:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Even if we divide all the xp by two, then we're still looking at roughly 2000k base xp with a 3rd class medal. Not :fap: a thousand as was suggested earlier. So, given this, I'm pretty sure that you're one of the people in this thread who owes me a :gifttank: or a handjob.

Edit

Regardless, it totally invalidates the bullshit "no you didn't" comment, or the overwhelming consensus amongst the :fap: elite pixel tanks crowd that I was making poo poo up.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 10, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ZombieLenin posted:

Even if we divide all the xp by two, then we're still looking at roughly 2000k base xp with a 3rd class medal. Not :fap: a thousand as was suggested earlier. So, given this, I'm pretty sure that you're one of the people in this thread who owes me a :gifttank: or a handjob.
You do see that there is a scrollbar there below the "Brazillian Independence Day" multiplier, right? If you were anyone else people would have explained it better but you just loving ask for the sass, especially because you often refuse to believe that there is a possibility that someone else is right. The size of the scrollbar make it look like you have at least two more modifiers to your after-battle XP modifiers.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

ZombieLenin posted:

hey moron, if you scrolled down underneath the brazilian independence mission you'd see a x3 for the "Defending the Convoy" mission. I'm pretty sure you're one of the people in this thread that is dumber than the average pubbie E100

e;fb

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

ZombieLenin posted:

Last time I sink to this level, and I'm doing this now only because I'm drunk.

Base xp 3909. No times 2, just like I loving said. There could be hidden bonuses I am not aware of, because it isn't listed.

Edit.

Looking at it now, it looks like I was awarded a combat coefficient of two for a mission. Don't know how this map actually works out with the XP I was given. Nonetheless, base XP was 3909 and I got a third class medal.

Wait I thought it was pretty obvious from the context of the thread and everyone else talking about it, but you don't actually know what base experience is. It's experience before any multipliers or bonuses, including premium, missions, courageous resistance, etc. You can see base experience on the second or third tab; the first tab includes mission bonuses and courageous resistance. Your base experience for that battle was under a thousand.

If you scrolled down there was another mission giving you a combat experience coefficient of three, and due to the way it works everything after premium is additive so a x2 mission plus a x3 missions gives you an effective x4 multiplier. There was also another mission or bonus, though I'm not sure what, that gave you a small experience boost because your highest base experience is under 900.

Math is not hard, at least not that hard, and not for most people.

Hellsau posted:

Goddamn you are stupid.

e: Holy poo poo those crew skills make the random skills I picked when I first got a 100% crew look great.

e2:

ZombieLenin posted:

screenshot including a x2 mission pictured, and more missions below the fold.

:lol:

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 10, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZombieLenin posted:

:flashfap:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Bort Bortles posted:

You do see that there is a scrollbar there below the "Brazillian Independence Day" multiplier, right? If you were anyone else people would have explained it better but you just loving ask for the sass, especially because you often refuse to believe that there is a possibility that someone else is right. The size of the scrollbar make it look like you have at least two more modifiers to your after-battle XP modifiers.

I'm the one who refuses to believe he could be wrong? I want you to go back and look at everything I posted. Unlike half the people here, I admit every time I loving say anything that I might be wrong. Which fine, whatever. I posted that I got poo poo ton of XP without getting a badge above 3rd class on a game where I was not getting the daily x2. Then of course, the response was "no you didn't you liar..." essentially, of course when I posted the screenshot there are 50 other reasons why it doesn't prove the :shrek: being spewed out by the :ccb: pix tanks crowd in this thread were really wrong, instead they're still right... even when the basis of their statements were completely wrong,

So :downsbravo:. If I'm like a 43% E100 pubbie, you guys are like actual aspie downs kids

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 10, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

I'm the one who refuses to believe he could be wrong? I want you to go back and look at everything I posted. Unlike half the people here, I admit every time I loving say anything that I might be wrong. Which fine, whatever. I posted that I got poo poo ton of XP without getting a badge above 3rd class. Then of course, the response was "no you didn't you liar..." essentially, of course when I posted the screenshot there are 50 other reasons why it doesn't prove the :shrek: being spewed out by the :ccb: pix tanks crowd in this thread were really right, when what they were saying is completely wrong,

So :downsbravo:. If I'm like a 43% E100 pubbie, you guys are like [i]actual aspie downs kids

Every post is better than the last. :allears:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZombieLenin posted:

I'm the one who refuses to believe he could be wrong? I want you to go back and look at everything I posted. Unlike half the people here, I admit every time I loving say anything that I might be wrong. Which fine, whatever. I posted that I got poo poo ton of XP without getting a badge above 3rd class. Then of course, the response was "no you didn't you liar..." essentially, of course when I posted the screenshot there are 50 other reasons why it doesn't prove the :shrek: being spewed out by the :ccb: pix tanks crowd in this thread were really right, when what they were saying is completely wrong,

So :downsbravo:. If I'm like a 43% E100 pubbie, you guys are like [i]actual aspie downs kids

:flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

McGavin posted:

Every post is better than the last. :allears:

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I live to serve. PS my record speaks for itself, you can look it up right now if you'd like (game name is exactly the same). I ain't the best pix tanks player in the world, but shockingly I don't care; however, it does show I at least have some idea what I am doing.

That said, I'm going back to drink more whiskey and you don't exist except as a downs goon.

Edit.

This thread literally got 150x better.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 10, 2015

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

ZombieLenin posted:

...it does show I at least have some idea what I am doing.

Counterpoint: your extraordinarily ignorant posts.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

ZombieLenin posted:

Even if we divide all the xp by two, then we're still looking at roughly 2000k base xp with a 3rd class medal.

You're off by three orders of magnitude and a factor of two.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ZombieLenin posted:

I'm the one who refuses to believe he could be wrong? I want you to go back and look at everything I posted. Unlike half the people here, I admit every time I loving say anything that I might be wrong. Which fine, whatever. I posted that I got poo poo ton of XP without getting a badge above 3rd class on a game where I was not getting the daily x2. Then of course, the response was "no you didn't you liar..." essentially, of course when I posted the screenshot there are 50 other reasons why it doesn't prove the :shrek: being spewed out by the :ccb: pix tanks crowd in this thread were really wrong, instead they're still right... even when the basis of their statements were completely wrong,

So :downsbravo:. If I'm like a 43% E100 pubbie, you guys are like actual aspie downs kids
Keep going I'm almost there.

I was trying to be reasonable but you are kneejerk posting and being dumb so I stopped caring. I even had a nice response typed up but why should I give a poo poo when you are just going to continue to be an idiot? Good job.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can confirm; this thread, much like the game it's ostensibly about, is 150x better when you drink.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Can confirm; this thread, much like the game it's ostensibly about, is 150x better when you drink.
No doubt about this.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bort Bortles posted:

No doubt about this.

I'm sorry I told you to gently caress yourself in game last week. We should really platoon together sometime.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

This is almost as entertaining as tk'ing stupid pubbies. I really don't need to play tanks for a while.

Never stop posting, ZL.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 10, 2015

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

shockingly I don't care

lol

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Another shining example of the caliber of players on NA West.

Shockingly, he died without doing any damage.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
UndeadTrotsky, please consider this: you posted something so stupid that the rest of the thread dogpiled you before I could. That's an impressive series of ignorant posts. You're awful. We're willing to help players play well and have fun, but there's like two goons who are decent and the rest of us are bad. We're just usually not as bad as the incredibly terrible playerbase so it works out for most of us.

You are as bad as the incredibly terrible playerbase due to your own choices. Please choose to use your eyes and brain. We easily could have explained what base XP actually was and how mastery badges are awarded. Hint - if premium accounts or doubles or mission XP counted for the mastery badges, no one could ever get a badge when there wasn't an event ongoing, and people without premium accounts couldn't get one ever. Make sense? Cool. Please stop choosing to be bad.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Wow this guy is getting dogpiled almost as hard as I was in my car thread.

Admittedly, you guys have a p good reason, I'm an awful scrublord and when I do what I think is p good in a tank, I just automatically assume "welp people are playing better than me with it".

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm doing it because every time we call ZombieLenin out he posts a longer essay on how much he doesn't care. I'm hoping we eventually get a PhD dissertation on how much he doesn't care, then a novel.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

McGavin posted:

a PhD dissertation on how much he doesn't care

He probably already wrote that, University of Phoenix is very stringent in their degree requirements and a thorough dissertation is at the top of that extensive list.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Jesus Christ shut the gently caress up.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
It really isn't base XP, though. That's modified XP. So you got 5.8k modified XP, and modified XP doesn't count for badges. The only number that matters is the XP shown in the detailed battle results tab, that's the base XP before any multipliers, including premium.

Also, please don't use ableist language!!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm sorry I told you to gently caress yourself in game last week. We should really platoon together sometime.
I remember that, and it made me smile. And yes, we should platoon - I do not platoon enough and platooning while drinking is the best kind.

mmkay posted:

Jesus Christ shut the gently caress up.
No you see this thread is a :circlefap:, here is why, and oh bee tee dubs, I dont care!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I just bought the O-Ni and played 4 games in it. It's pretty meh IMO. It can kick alot of rear end when it's top of the food chain but higher tiers give it hell, just like the rest of this line so far.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2139656#lakeville-axetrain-o-ni

But if 1424 base exp is only enough for a 1st class then some people must be working wonders in it. Also I should note I switched to the Derp gun after a couple games because that 10.5 feels even shittier than the 150.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 10, 2015

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Prav posted:

I- is that Signal Boosting? And Relaying? :pusheen:

It was forgotten in the chaos, but I like this little detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

ZombieLenin posted:

You are retarded and everything you say is wrong, even after multiple people have explained why you are wrong you just keep getting wronger.

Again, Base XP is your XP before any modifiers and this is what mastery badges are based on. Getting a bunch of XP from missions and not getting a good mastery badge is perfectly normal and expected. Also, when you point out a game was not a double that also implies there were not any other mission XP multipliers. You have no idea what you are talking about, please shut up.