Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Notice where he cut out the audio in parts where the idiot old man was laughing and talking? With the caption "cut audio - nunya"

I wonder if there was anything intentional to it, how could you be that happy that a car you own is burning to the ground because you hosed up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Wanna know what it was insured for.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This would be awesome if it had a suspension instead of just scaffolding bolted to axles

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Man, now I know we're in a recession, if people are selling their mudboggers daily drivers.

I admire the commitment they've made to that driveshaft, though.

e: and that steering shaft. :wow:

ee: wait is that even a steering shaft holy poo poo what is going on with those brake lines

eee: wtf is all the stuff out back for?

eeee: holy poo poo those are Rockwells. no wonder the steering looks weird. it's rear steer?

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 9, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So it's :mediocre:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

From the new КАМАЗ interior concept

that's a terrible idea.

you'd have to be turning to play angry birds.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah it'd be so inconvenient having to switch off your auto rotate every time you jumped in the car, 4/10 needs improvement.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Does it still have an airbag?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

toplitzin posted:

You mean the phone launcher?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

toplitzin posted:

Its a KAMAZ man. If you hit something warranting needing one, like another KAMAZ, it probably wont save you.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Man, now I know we're in a recession, if people are selling their mudboggers daily drivers.

I admire the commitment they've made to that driveshaft, though.

e: and that steering shaft. :wow:

ee: wait is that even a steering shaft holy poo poo what is going on with those brake lines

eee: wtf is all the stuff out back for?

eeee: holy poo poo those are Rockwells. no wonder the steering looks weird. it's rear steer?

Rockwells, locked with solid bars in the rear, hydraulic cylinders in the front, and really long braided steel flex lines (on a fixed axle mounting - with no flex...)

And it would be pretty cool with actual functioning suspension.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Rockwells, locked with solid bars in the rear, hydraulic cylinders in the front, and really long braided steel flex lines (on a fixed axle mounting - with no flex...)

And it would be pretty cool with actual functioning suspension.

It looks like it has the provisions for suspension, just no shocks. Looks like beams in place of shock absorbers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It still somehow sold for $6500 as a non-runner

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

MullardEL34 posted:

FUUUCK

Five years of hard work, $15,000, and a Pristine Rust-Free Arizona Corvair waisted by the negligence of one braindead moron. The loving Jerkoff who hit me attempted to take a 25MPH 90º curve in a residential neighborhood at a good 45-50MPH. By the time we saw him, he was so far over the center line that we couldn't do much to get out of the way. Of course he was drunk. Seeing the cops shove him cuffed into the back of a Cruiser was the only gratifying moment of the night. I'm thankful I'm not hurt but I'm so drat mad. The guy who helped me build this car Has Terminal ALS and won't be around much longer. This is the last Corvair he ever built, and we just finished it this spring. He never got the time to finish his own projects.
:fuckoff: Drunk Driving assholes.

On the bright side, His brand new 2015 Sentra is wasted and I have a chunk of his front end to hang on my Garage wall as a trophy. He bounced off us like a drat tennis ball.

:frogsiren:UPDATE::frogsiren:
A very good local body shop is starting work on the car on Friday. The guy who hit me initially plead not guilty, but suddenly reversed his not-guilty plea during his pre-trial arraignment yesterday.

He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, (85 Suspended) 1 year probation, a 1 year license suspension with a potential for work driving privileges after six months, mandatory alcohol/drug testing, mandatory driving school, AA and NA meetings, some kind of first offender alcohol/drug intervention program, 40 hours of community service in lieu of 5 days jail time, a $1000 fine, and restitution if necessary. The NA/Drug testing makes me think the police found something else in his car while it was impounded.

He's 22 years old. He's been a licensed driver since age 16 and had a spotless record, not even a minor traffic infraction until he hit me. Hopefully he learns from this fuckup and moves on. He had really good auto insurance and a steady job. I guess I won the lottery as far as that goes. The next town over to the east has a massive migrant worker population and is a sanctuary city due to the dozens of nurseries that are located there. I've had multiple friends involved in accidents with uninsured undocumented Mexican and Central American nationals. They were SOL when it came to repair coverage.
(The food pretty much makes up for it though.)

Here's one last shot of the Carnage:

Hopefully It'll look like this again in a few months.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 10, 2015

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Powershift posted:

You mean the phone launcher?

Maybe I'm just tired, but this is a gem of a one-liner in a thread full of them.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Powershift posted:

This would be awesome if it had a suspension instead of just scaffolding bolted to axles

This would be awesome if they weren't lazy and filled the holes in the arches like they were never there, a smooth torpedo body would be the poo poo, let's face it, no way those wheels are getting anywhere near the arches!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

88h88 posted:

a smooth torpedo body would be the poo poo

That's what she said.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

MullardEL34 posted:

I've had multiple friends involved in accidents with uninsured undocumented Mexican and Central American nationals. They were SOL when it came to repair coverage.
(The food pretty much makes up for it though.)

I'm glad you're getting the car fixed but tell your friends about uninsured motorist coverage.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MullardEL34 posted:

:frogsiren:UPDATE::frogsiren:
A very good local body shop is starting work on the car on Friday. The guy who hit me initially plead not guilty, but suddenly reversed his not-guilty plea during his pre-trial arraignment yesterday.

So glad that thing is getting fixed. :)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

some texas redneck posted:

What's funny is GM ranges from "put vehicle into VW service position" to "remove 2 pins and 2 plugs, entire headlamp assembly falls out in your hands". Thank gently caress my car is in the former for the headlights, but to even think about any rear bulbs (aside from the license plate light), you need two different torx bits. Why can't they just make them accessible from the trunk like every other car manufacturer?!

I hear this, seems like GM made things excessively more complicated starting with late 90s/early 00s vehicles for the simplest tasks. I lucked out with my 03 Malibu, the headlamps come out with 2 plastic push-pin deals and the rear tail lamps have 3 plastic wingnuts each that come off easy enough. Weird part is, the front side markers require a Torx bit and of course are a teeny bulb that costs maybe $5-10 to fix, one of mine went out recently and the local Firestone wanted to charge me like $30 to replace :lol: no thanks, I know someone at work with a Torx kit that I can borrow for free.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dev null posted:

I'm glad you're getting the car fixed but tell your friends about uninsured motorist coverage.

Depends on the laws in his state. Here, Uninsured Motorist only covers injuries.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

PCOS Bill posted:

Depends on the laws in his state. Here, Uninsured Motorist only covers injuries.

I don't believe that if you are willing to give an insurance company more moeny they won't cover that. They may call it something else, but it has to exist, it is one of main purposes of insurance.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

nm posted:

I don't believe that if you are willing to give an insurance company more moeny they won't cover that. They may call it something else, but it has to exist, it is one of main purposes of insurance.

Collision coverage, yeah. But Uninsured Motorist is just for injuries.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

PCOS Bill posted:

Collision coverage, yeah. But Uninsured Motorist is just for injuries.

It depends on the insurance company. I pay a buck sixty-five per 6-month period for UM coverage of both medical and property damage.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Slavvy posted:

They tried to do that with the CRZ and everyone whined about it being too heavy and slow for a sporty car.

Right, because it had FWD and 130hp. It wasn't actually heavy it just had the same power and weight as a Corolla.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sigma X posted:

It depends on the insurance company. I pay a buck sixty-five per 6-month period for UM coverage of both medical and property damage.

Not in PA you don't.

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010

e:phonepostin' and didn't copy the image's url

Faster Blaster fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 10, 2015

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MullardEL34 posted:

The NA/Drug testing makes me think the police found something else in his car while it was impounded.

Nah, not necessarily. Sometimes it's just a package deal for lengthy probation after moderate jail time. Especially if that probation is something like house arrest.

Glad things are working in your favor. :)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Faster Blaster posted:

e:phonepostin' and didn't copy the image's url

IS this that new buick regal turbo we've been hearing about?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Powershift posted:

IS this that new buick regal turbo we've been hearing about?

:perfect:

oh god hahahahaha

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

leica posted:

Notice where he cut out the audio in parts where the idiot old man was laughing and talking? With the caption "cut audio - nunya"

I wonder if there was anything intentional to it, how could you be that happy that a car you own is burning to the ground because you hosed up?

My car was destroyed - literally totaled out - in a hail storm literally the same day that I had just made the final payment. Like less than six hours later. As I sat inside watching this happen helplessly, I laughed my rear end off at the absurdity of life and how my mother had literally predicted something like that would happen when I paid it off.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It was out of your control though, I'd probably laugh at that as well. But if I totaled my car because I made a stupid mistake I'd be highly pissed at myself and wouldn't be laughing about it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My last car was totaled two weeks after I made the last payment by a careless driver, the title had shown up a few days before.. I wasn't laughing at all. I intended to keep that car for 10 years.

So I guess it depends on the situation?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

That is one hideous loving house

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Imagined posted:

My car was destroyed - literally totaled out - in a hail storm literally the same day that I had just made the final payment. Like less than six hours later. As I sat inside watching this happen helplessly, I laughed my rear end off at the absurdity of life and how my mother had literally predicted something like that would happen when I paid it off.

Did you fix the glass and put it back on the road, or take a check from insurane? I guess the bonus of being so close to the payoff date is that you probably hadn't cancelled comprehensive coverage yet. Not that you should have, necessarily.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

MullardEL34 posted:

The NA/Drug testing makes me think the police found something else in his car while it was impounded.

The NA/AA part is typical for a DUI. Drug and alcohol testing is often part of being on probation in general.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

NoWake posted:

Did you fix the glass and put it back on the road, or take a check from insurane? I guess the bonus of being so close to the payoff date is that you probably hadn't cancelled comprehensive coverage yet. Not that you should have, necessarily.

Heavy hail will do more than just shatter the glass. Every piece of sheet metal is going to look like someone took a ball peen hammer to it.

Yeah it'll be drivable but it's gonna be one ugly rear end car at that point with 10k+ needed in body work.

We had hail so bad when I was young that our house needed a new roof.

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 11, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

DiggityDoink posted:

We had hail so bad when I was young that our house needed a new roof.

We've had to replace our roof once due to hail, about 10 years ago. The last hail storm we had resulted in hundreds of thousands of houses needing roofs in the metro area and a ton of totaled cars. So loving glad I didn't work that day, the city I worked in at the time got hammered hard. Everyone who did work that day had pretty nasty nail damage to their cars.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

NoWake posted:

Yeah took the bigass check from insurance, fixed the glass and nothing else, and drove my golfball looking car for another five years. I guess this is different than the usual definition of "totalled" but the check was right at the bluebook value of the car at that time and they told me if I didn't fix the hail damage I'd never be able to make any bodywork claims on the car again. It's been a long time. I think they cancelled my comprehensive after that too.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

We've had to replace our roof once due to hail, about 10 years ago. The last hail storm we had resulted in hundreds of thousands of houses needing roofs in the metro area and a ton of totaled cars. So loving glad I didn't work that day, the city I worked in at the time got hammered hard. Everyone who did work that day had pretty nasty nail damage to their cars.

I had a friend who had just replaced his siding from the 2013 Hailstorm when a week later this happened (broke 2 windows, needed siding replaced on 2 sides)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdGnworfl50

When they call the area you live in Hailstorm Alley, maybe get good insurance...

edit: We had just bought a house in the area, signed all the papers but hadn't taken possesion. Previous owner had to fix the house for us (yay)

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 11, 2015