Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I dropped Stills for Lockett. Seems like there's a lot more upside in Seattle.

I also have Allen Robinson as my WR2 and Yeldon as my Flex. That's too many Jags, holy smokes. I'm actually thinking about starting Stevie Johnson Wk1 in place of one of them because I'm addicted to wild cards off my bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

Is David Cobb worth stashing in dynasty? He just got dropped, and I would be dropping Dion Lewis or one of Jeff Janis/Ty Montgomery to grab him.

The crowded, lovely Titans backfield scares and confuses me.

24 man rosters, .5 ppr.

Yes get him for Lewis

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

pmchem posted:

You have to go back to 2009 to find a SEA WR non-WR1 that has more than 72 targets on the season. So either this 182 pound rookie dude who's also returning punts and kicks is gonna leapfrog the depth chart to WR1, or SEA will change their offensive philosophy to manufacture touches for him? Or they'll just stick with pretty much the exact same offense that got them to the last two SBs, plus all-world Graham on 3rd downs and RZ.

Seriously you can find similar hype about Tate in August 2013 on rotoworld and he was a non rookie WR1 on the Hawks who has proven skill since then, and he only managed WR28 in standard. See also Harvin, Kearse, whoever. That Mathews guy that every dynasty league was drooling over after the SB this year.

Lock's a sleeper for 14 team non-ppr leagues that let you start 4 WRs and also credit return yardage, or best ball leagues with deep rosters.

This thread also wanted people to drop like Alfred Blue for Reggie Wayne so whatever, can't wait for preseason to end!

Lots of us are in keeper or dynasty leagues~

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I am pretty bullish on lockett this year, but even then I'll probably only use him in weekly tournaments

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
A friend of mine is playing FF for the first time this year, so I sent him a beersheet for his league as a guide. Granted it is 8 team 0ppr, but his first 6 picks were:

1. Eddie Lacy
2. CJ Anderson
3. DeMarco Murray
4. AJ Green
5. Mike Evans
6. Greg Olsen

He picked up Big Ben in the 7th and then a bunch of depth from then on out, but I just thought how ridiculous it is to start DeMarco Murray in your flex spot.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why did evans and green fall so far?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Do you think I should drop Hillman or maybe Eddie Royal for Lockett in full PPR with returning yards (15 yrds-1 pt)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I just got to watch someone draft Wes Welker in the 10th. Fantasy Football is righteous and good.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Fleetwood posted:

I dropped Stills for Lockett. Seems like there's a lot more upside in Seattle.

I also have Allen Robinson as my WR2 and Yeldon as my Flex. That's too many Jags, holy smokes. I'm actually thinking about starting Stevie Johnson Wk1 in place of one of them because I'm addicted to wild cards off my bench.

Literally all of this seems ill-advised.

Guys, the last time Pete Carroll had a 1,000-yard receiver was 1999. The best season by any receiver on the Seahawks during his tenure was Golden Tate in 2013: 64 catches for 898 yards and 5 TDs.

This is not the passing game you are looking for.

1 per 10 return leagues, however...

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Metapod posted:

Why did evans and green fall so far?

No idea, people were just picking everyone but them for some reason. 8 man so each team is pretty stacked.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Do you think I should drop Hillman or maybe Eddie Royal for Lockett in full PPR with returning yards (15 yrds-1 pt)

At 15 yards a point I would drop Hillman for loving Ted Ginn (no I wouldn't but yes do that)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Franks Happy Place posted:

Because it's in the context of Lockett balling the gently caress out and clearly being the most talented WR on the team?

I'm not the only one who thinks so, mind you.

I am down on Tyler Lockett for the sole reason that I swear to god it was yesterday that his dad was in college and it makes me feel really loving old that his kid is in the NFL already. :colbert:

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Would you guys trade Greg Olsen and Latavius Murray for Demarco Murray and Vernon Davis? PPR.

I think I know the answer, just want to make sure.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Greg Olsen and Latavius Murray for DeMarco Murray and a free roster slot in week four? Sign me up!

(no)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Um, I would. It probably isn't the right answer. Latavius looks like garbage to me so far though.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

kiimo posted:

Um, I would. It probably isn't the right answer. Latavius looks like garbage to me so far though.

How can a player "look like garbage so far" 4 days before the first game of the season? He did rush for 7 ypc last year as a starter, I don't think we should write him off just yet.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Don't trade for Vernon Davis when you can pick him up for free in a few weeks

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I only say that because he was selected as a keeper in one of my leagues so I watched some Oakland preseason games and I wasn't impressed. I admit all bias.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Dandy Kaiser posted:

If Jones were on the wire, I'd drop probably entertain dropping Michael for him, but I'm not going to trade for him. I'd rather handcuff myself to Michael's potential situation than Jones' in a Morris-less offense, all things being equal. Handcuffs are dumb anyway and I only have the RB lotto tickets I have because the bench is so big and my lineup is so top-heavy. Ideally, I would've had 4th and 8th round picks (traded then away last year) and I'd have an Ivory/Spiller instead of one of them and Yeldon, and Allen Robinson instead of VJax. I'm not too concerned about not owning Jones.

I don't own any shares of Alf but if I did, I would be closely monitoring Jones, as he's had the type of Abdullah coverage where beat reporters feel he has a shot at overtaking Alf during the season.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Devante Parker just got dropped in my league. Worth cutting Scott Chandler or James Jones to grab him? I want to hang on to Chandler in case he sees a lot of looks tonight so I can try to trade him to a Pats fan, but Parker won't have cleared waivers by then obviously.

I guess to answer my own question, the answer is cut Chandler for him obviously, and Jones maybe not, right?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

James Jones will probably be cut, so I'd drop him.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

BigFactory posted:

Devante Parker just got dropped in my league. Worth cutting Scott Chandler or James Jones to grab him? I want to hang on to Chandler in case he sees a lot of looks tonight so I can try to trade him to a Pats fan, but Parker won't have cleared waivers by then obviously.

I guess to answer my own question, the answer is cut Chandler for him obviously, and Jones maybe not, right?

Drop any one of those guys for Parker.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RCarr posted:

James Jones will probably be cut, so I'd drop him.

James Jones is currently listed above Janis on the depth chart according to FBG

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

From the way-back machine, but yes. Take note people, this is when you take a TE in the 5th/6th. This team is stacked, good job.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Dandy Kaiser posted:

From the way-back machine, but yes. Take note people, this is when you take a TE in the 5th/6th. This team is stacked, good job.

I don't see how you draft that group in a 10 team or more league. Even if you're 8/8 and can take Julio and Demaryius at the 1/2 turn, the odds of Forsett and Miller sliding to the end of Rd. 3 is pretty slim. Maybe picking like 6th overall and reaching for Julio and hoping that doesn't start a run on top WRs.

I'm in a 10 team league, picking 10th, and I took ODB and Calvin Johnson in the 1st and 2nd (and I could have done Demarius/ODB but Julio/Dez were gone). I ended up with Ingram and Latavius Murray as my rb's, with Olsen in the 5th round (or 1st pick in the 6th maybe). Even if you want to argue the WR's are compatible, it's a huge step back in RB. And I like my team, and in mocks I was able to get 2 top end WRs and sometimes Miller and Ingram, but never Forsett. That's pretty crazy, and that much tougher to do in a 12 team.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Dandy Kaiser posted:

James Jones is currently listed above Janis on the depth chart according to FBG

Packers love 3 wide receiver sets so Jones is going to play a lot I think. Montgomery is a slot guy and Janis is still raw. Janis will mainly be special teams and run a fly route once in a while.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
The Johnsons

Which of them are worth keeping and which are likely to be useless, purposely omitting all other information regarding scoring and current team:

Stevie
Charles
Duke (if you have Crowell)
David (if you have Ellington)

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I grabbed Hillman in the next to last round as a CJA owner. Should I drop him for Matt Jones? Standard scoring, no PPR.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
As a Morris owner, who would be the best drop for Matt Jones:

Funchess, Marvin Jones, Wheaton, or Perriman?

I'm leaning Marvin, but I like him :smith:

Edit: Dropped Marvin.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 10, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

I grabbed Hillman in the next to last round as a CJA owner. Should I drop him for Matt Jones? Standard scoring, no PPR.

I would not. One of CJA or Hillman seems very likely to put up huge numbers this year. Keep both and you should always have an rb1.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Forever_Peace posted:

I would not. One of CJA or Hillman seems very likely to put up huge numbers this year. Keep both and you should always have an rb1.

Thanks. Don't think I have anybody else that I would consider dropping for him, so I'll leave him on the wire for now.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Vikings have to have a bottom 5 o line with the news of Sullivan going on IR.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cool, gonna try to shop Morris right now, play him week one because it won't go through until next week and get out of that. I don't need him, try to get a WR or something.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

ZIGfried posted:

Buy low on peterson week 2?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Buy low on peterson week x?

When has this ever not been sound advice?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ZIGfried posted:

They were already ranked 27th in pass protection according to FO, so I doubt it changes much in terms of value for Bridgewater, Wallace, or Johnson. I'm sure it hurts their run blocking a bit, but I have to think that it's not enough to conceivably fade Peterson out of the top-4. Maybe it could be used as a tie-breaker if you're between one of those guys, but I'm not all that concerned. I'm actually not really all that convinced that Berger is a noticeable step down.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
I've got Kendall Wright on my bench and Brandon Coleman is a free agent so I'm tempted to pick him up because the TEN offense could be a dumpster fire. Would you make that swap in 1PPR? I could also drop Gurley for him.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Nah

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I wouldn't drop Wright in full PPR unless your starters are stacked or there's no flex or some weird roster limits that are going to have him stapled to your bench, and even then, I can't imagine you couldn't be able to package him with something for an upgrade somewhere else and use the space to pick up Coleman if you wanted him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Jesus
Mar 17, 2007

Pop that tarp off.
Seems a lot of people are hot to trot on DeAngelo Williams this week. Should I drop Crowell and plug him in as my FLEX in a standard league? I am having week one jitters.

• Locked thread