Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juan Berenguer
Feb 21, 2006

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i'm spending a weekend in chicago next month and i'm seriously disappointed that chicago, the 3rd largest city in america, won't be supported out of the gate.

Uh, I'm looking at transit in Chicago right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
did you know apple's event was a misogynistic hate fest?

Why it's not OK for Apple to Photoshop a woman to make her smile during a live event
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-photoshopped-a-womans-smile-2015-9

quote:

the audience applauded, Twitter erupted as many onlookers questioned Apple's decision to include that demo in the presentation.

There are plenty of arguments about why people should stop telling women to smile. Some women consider it a form of harassment — a phrase that they hear barked to them aggressively as they walk down the street.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2015/09/09/apple_event_adobe_manipulates_a_photo_of_a_woman_to_make_her_smile.html

quote:

Unfortunately for Apple, putting the right bodies on a stage won’t do much to allay accusations of sexism if women aren’t making decisions backstage, too. Watching the Adobe demonstrator make his subject grin would likely induce flashbacks in any woman who’s ever been asked by a stranger to contort her face into a shape that better pleases the men who have to look at her. The next time Adobe wants to show off its latest apps on a photo of a woman, it’d be better off giving her a set of bloody fangs instead.

a bunch of other tumblerinas have their panties in a bunch over Apple's abuse of women. they even have a hashtag. expect tim to resign in disgrace at any moment

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
a construction worker yelling at a lady to smile is pretty much the stereotype of street harassment

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

The Management posted:

did you know apple's event was a misogynistic hate fest?
sorry you're so offended by what other people are saying. maybe you should try chilling out

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Linguica posted:

sorry you're so offended by what other people are saying. maybe you should try chilling out

nice meltdown

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Linguica posted:

stop telling me how to feel!

mods, please ban for microaggression

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i did feel the adobe guy was over the line when he said he was gonna "fix this chicks resting bitch face"

poty fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 10, 2015

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

isn't it better to make a photo of a woman smile rather than making a real life woman smile? it's just like any other manufactured controversy where you start with the conclusion "did you know popular thing is actually bad????" then mine the piece for objectionable things

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

theflyingexecutive posted:

isn't it better to make a photo of a woman smile

actually it's a form of rape. i wouldn't expect you to understand

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it's actually violence

apple should be in jail

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

happy to report that iOS 9 is running great. my 2 year old iPhone is better than ever with this software update. and iPad Air 2 benefits from great new features like side by side multitasking. it's the worlds most advanced mobile operating system on the worlds best mobile devices

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

As a :siren:creative:siren: I am actually super loving hyped for the ipadpro + pencil

RIP all those third party stylus manufacturers tho.

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

As a :siren:creative:siren: I am actually super loving hyped for the ipadpro + pencil

RIP all those third party stylus manufacturers tho.
I didn't watch the keynote what's exciting about this vs third party stylus? is it pressure sensitive? special screen interfacing for better accuracy?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nothing that other styluses dont do but its a first party stylus that charges off the lightning port.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Confirmed. Appletv useless to yospos

https://mobile.twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/641739507721617408

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
huh, i got the GM of el cap because i'm a public beta tester

i haven't noticed any differences but it does still Just Work™

Oh there is one thing - you can move the location of the spotlight menu, and it'll remember the location when you call it up again

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

pram posted:

uhh i can name lots of arm devices that have heat sinks. like, for example, the apple tv

what are you talking about

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
next year they're gonna make a black man frown just to overcompensate

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
and by that I mean they're gonna shut down beats and fire dre

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

and by that I mean they're gonna shut down beats and fire dre

itd be cool to never have to see another pair of those lovely headphones again

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/09/discover-coming-to-apple-pay-on-september-16th-with-ios-9-get-10-cashback-up-to-10000-in-q4/

discover had a signup promo going on where you double your cash back at the end of the year. assuming this applies you'd basically get 20% cash back on apple pay purchases. lmao

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Juan Berenguer posted:

Uh, I'm looking at transit in Chicago right now

Hmm... I just checked it and it's only giving me a bus route. they don't have the L or the Metra it seems...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

is there a joke here? what the hell

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

there are no films about cats

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

is that person mentally ill?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Awia posted:

there are no films about cats
ok, call me a really slow dumbass, but how do you get that fact from the picture?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it a joke you loving morons

also, it's yospos' favourite tech reporter sarah jeong

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Vintersorg posted:

is that person mentally ill?

s/he stormed out of the demo when the guy suggested asking for something that regular people like (james bond movies), so i assume so

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
"needs more cats" exclaims millenial-pandering clickbait-journalist with a finger on the pulse of internet trends

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
"I am surrounded by men at this gadget announcement" exclaims individual looking for retweets

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

just realized the mobile version of the twitter page doesn't animate the gif or whatev

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

"needs more cats" exclaims millenial-pandering clickbait-journalist with a finger on the pulse of internet trends

with bacon!!!!1

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ludwig van Halen posted:

just realized the mobile version of the twitter page doesn't animate the gif or whatev

ooooh, now i see it

yeah, thats weird

but looking at her twitter feed she tweets so much, its insane

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i dont care how many ones of times she posted in yospos, she tweets wayyyyy too much for me to handle

pram
Jun 10, 2001
65,000 tweets

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

pram posted:

65,000 tweets

thatsrelally not v much

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i dont care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Trashman posted:

I didn't watch the keynote what's exciting about this vs third party stylus? is it pressure sensitive? special screen interfacing for better accuracy?

yeah pressure sensitive and stuff with the screen. watch the first sixty seconds of this 3d animation narrated by jony ive if you care enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iicnVez5U7M

• Locked thread