Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
The best utility I've found for the sideburners is when you get stuck in a grinding race with another car. Sure you could just side slam away, but I prefer making those fuckers melt.

I know everyone was talking about what an insane shot Chum is, but no one mentioned the fact that he can do this at 100 mph on post apocalypse roads:

And I impaled a warboy into his buddies then went into capture mode to soak in the carnage only to discover the baddest dude in the wateland:

Little hard to tell in the pictures but he's giving me the "I got my eye on you" gesture.

EDIT: I crack up every time I pick up a thunderstick and a warboy yells "Hey, don't touch that!"

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Every now and then I'll get this weird bug where I'll get stuck inside a rock. It'll let me move around inside it, but won't let me out of it. The only thing that gets me out of it seems to be fast travel. I have no idea how I got into it in the first place. Anyone else have this problem?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Is there any chance in hell this would run on a top-spec surface pro 3?

I have a gaming desktop at home, I just want to be able to play this while traveling.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

Every now and then I'll get this weird bug where I'll get stuck inside a rock. It'll let me move around inside it, but won't let me out of it. The only thing that gets me out of it seems to be fast travel. I have no idea how I got into it in the first place. Anyone else have this problem?

I high-center the Magnum all the time. I have to run away until I'm out of earshot then fire a flare.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

T1g4h posted:

Shut the gently caress up and post more awesome screenshots of kickass murdercars and explosions you nerds.

Level 4 V8 is amazing. DOUBLE SUPERCHARGERS. Because damnit the Opus needs as much boost as humanly possible.

I love the additional hood ornament on top of the intake. :D

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Krakkles posted:

Is there any chance in hell this would run on a top-spec surface pro 3?

I have a gaming desktop at home, I just want to be able to play this while traveling.

It's got no video card.

Play it on Linux. Play it on a SP3. Play it on a C64.

These are all dumb choices for 3D games. You might be able to turn it down the point that it looks like complete poo poo and struggle with framerates constantly.. or you can just play it on a gaming computer.

It basically works like this.. if you could run it an any appreciable level on a SP3 this thread would be full of complaining about how it looks dated. See how everyone is posting screenshots of a modern awesome 3D engine cranking out high-def explosions with lots of particles and reflections and all the poo poo that makes them look good in 2015? Yeah, that means your onboard GPU (HD 4000 or whatever) isn't up to the task.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

T1g4h posted:

Shut the gently caress up and post more awesome screenshots of kickass murdercars and explosions you nerds.

Level 4 V8 is amazing. DOUBLE SUPERCHARGERS. Because damnit the Opus needs as much boost as humanly possible.

It's the Razor Cola blower :v:

Incidentally you can make the Opus into a pretty good facsimile of the Razor Cola.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

TerminalSaint posted:

It's the Razor Cola blower :v:

I thought it looked familiar! I'm sad that car didn't get more screen time, it was seriously great.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Man, I've barely dipped my toe into the game but I can't wait until I get a couple more upgrades. I've seen a few of you say that once you get past a certain point everything becomes a cakewalk, but when you're trying to take down a convoy with just a lvl 2 harpoon and a single shotgun shell, that is some loving white-knuckle action right there. I've been trying to get the new harpoon from that Gutgash convoy mission, and I've come THIIIIIS close...

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Upgrading Chum is awesome. I now have a Wasteland Techpriest in the back of my car.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Why can't I put a weapon in the passenger seat? I'm not using it for anything else. Or maybe my dog,

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Why can't I put a weapon in the passenger seat? I'm not using it for anything else. Or maybe my dog,

Because that's where Chum hides when I'm barrel rolling the Magnum Opus.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Are the other Archangels other than the Jack locked to story missions or whatever, or how do I build them?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

You just have to own the parts for the other archangels.

Some of those parts are locked behind missions though.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The very first memento you find is addressed to Max.

Coincidence or is he really going mad? Hmm....

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Spent a bit of time in the air today

forgot to turn off settings :(

also, still slamming

I clotheslined a guy and he did a 360 in the air :3:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Speedball posted:

He's not going mad.
He went past mad a long time ago.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Speedball posted:

The very first memento you find is addressed to Max.

Ugh that was the photo of his wife & daughter that was sitting on the dash of the black on black in the intro. The car that was stripped at that same site hours earlier.

But yes he's Mad.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I found The Twelve just a little while ago.

I am now an elemental demon of SPEED

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Floppychop posted:

You just have to own the parts for the other archangels.

Some of those parts are locked behind missions though.

There's another one that can be built before busting up the Jaw. The main thing about archangels is they require a certain paint job, making the stronghold bosses a prerequisite.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I just noticed they used Aussie pattern camo for the webbing max wears over his jacket on the 3rd upgrade, which is a nice touch.

Is there any way to get rid of that gross effect that comes up when you do a fury execution? It's screwing up all my sweet suplex pics :argh:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

ZombyDog posted:

Ugh that was the photo of his wife & daughter that was sitting on the dash of the black on black in the intro. The car that was stripped at that same site hours earlier.

But yes he's Mad.

Max never had a daughter, though. He had a son, way back in the first movie.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Mad Max doesn't have any continuity between movies.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
On 11/12 dudes punched for the Unbeatable (unstoppable?) Legend, I stop to give water to some half-dead man and a War Pup appears and smacks me around.

I run back to the Magnum Opus, harpoon him and drag him around for a bit before slingshotting the corpse out of a cliff. Jerk.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Glory is meant to be the kid from fury road,in as much as this series does canon. The kid in FR is credited as "Glory the child".

This outright contradicts the comic but whatever, pick a backstop you like.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Fans posted:

Mad Max doesn't have any continuity between movies.

While yeah there's no "true canon", the picture aligns with Fury Road which seems to be the foundation for the game moreso than the old movies.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The truth is that Max has been wandering so long he can't even remember what his spouse and kid looked like. His memories from Before have turned to dust like everything else. Maybe he had a husband and they adopted a girl. Maybe he had a wife and son. The picture has been bleached into nothingness by the brutal light of the sun, but he keeps it with him anyway. It's the last thing he has of them. When the madness threatens to push him over the edge, he centres himself by staring at the faded outlines of his forgotten loved ones and letting his mind try to fill in the blanks. Will he ever come back? :smith:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I have been avoiding races because I rather blow up stuff. Last night I did the first one and noticed that shooting at the other competitors is perfectly legal.

Best game ever.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Hello Sailor posted:

Forsooth, milord. Verily, I hath often pointed out that in Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", only one woman commiteth suicide. Ergo, it is foolish in the extreme to analyze Juliet's death in the perspective of the flower of womanhood. Furthermore, ITS A PLAY YOU FAGGOTS

Did I sum up your argument correctly?

Nah, Romeo and Juliet focused around one female character and therefore it would be valid, as you're not ignoring all the characterization of everyone else just so you can pick at one you don't like. I wouldn't mind if hope was literally the only woman in the game and people were pissed at that + what she is, but that's clearly not the case. Also you should read her backstory.

Nice try though.

Fat Samurai posted:

I have been avoiding races because I rather blow up stuff. Last night I did the first one and noticed that shooting at the other competitors is perfectly legal.

Best game ever.

Oh poo poo really? I'll be doing races all night then.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

GuyUpNorth posted:

I am clearly not sperg enough, I just figured it's generic "Outback, mate". Let's wait for those Aussies to enlighten me on intricacies of that :haw:

Im finding it difficult to pin down. Obviously the colossus doesn't exist here but when you leave the Great White its so obviously outback with the red dirt.

Johnny Digital
Apr 29, 2008

Tape Leg posted:

Basically zero threat out in all of Jeet's territories, all of Pink Eye's territories, complete the story missions and do all the blue side-missions and you should be set for anything worthwhile. Everything else is just getting 100%.

I would add doing the stronghold upgrades too (maybe not the scrap piles) as they either end up being in camps or big hideouts. I've found some of the prettier locations mooching around for project parts.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Archangels feel like they were meant to be something more than just preset configurations but like everything else they stripped it. I'd have been cool with complete sets having a bonus effect at the very least.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Segmentation Fault posted:

WB Games didn't give Polygon, et. al a nice bundle of cash and free goodies like they did with Arkham Knight.

I know this is bitter hyperbole but can't help but think this explains why Arkham Knight got a hilariously overblown 10/10 with the most nondescript blowjob of a review I've ever read

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

dogstile posted:

Nice try though.

Nobody cares.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I know this is bitter hyperbole but can't help but think this explains why Arkham Knight got a hilariously overblown 10/10 with the most nondescript blowjob of a review I've ever read

You wait until IPhones block ads, then it's the final nail in the coffin for ad supported publishing. Payola will be the name of the game. That or embedded video ads.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

There has to be something up whenever there's a big discrepancy between critical reviews and user reviews. I know "blah blah Metacritic isn't a metric for quality" but it's still pretty telling that Arkham Knight had an 87 average on Metacritic from critics and a 7.6 from the general public. Then with Mad Max it was exactly the opposite.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

it's generally understood that publishers will bend over backwards to appease reviewers for certain games, sending them free goodies among other things along with review copies of the game. it's also understood that some pr firms will drop review outfits if they pan a title. gaming news sites get a lot of pressure put on them to report things positively and to gloss over negatives.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Deakul posted:

Archangels feel like they were meant to be something more than just preset configurations but like everything else they stripped it. I'd have been cool with complete sets having a bonus effect at the very least.

There are a few things like this, buzzards seem like they were meant to be more than just a few scattered groups you fight every now and again, especially after that first mission to go get your car body. Same with the religious gastown people and pinkeye, who you barely talk to unless you do the side missions.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I was going to ask about archangel bonuses. So archangels are, at best, just 'recommended' configurations?

Also, I found my first (non quest) body in the wasteland and Max just said he can't use it but it's good for scrap. Is that because it happened to be the same body as the one I picked at the start, so any subsequent ones I find will be added to my collection?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Well this game did good sales wise, right? There's always room for Mad Max games to grow now that its done well despite going up against another game that was going to be a hit despite all that was stripped down from it to save on costs.

At most Archangels are just stylistic designs that can't surpass you just putting what you want on the Magnum Opus and driving how you want. They're fittings that Chump dreamed up before he had a V8 in his hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Well this game did good sales wise, right? There's always room for Mad Max games to grow now that its done well despite going up against another game that was going to be a hit despite all that was stripped down from it to save on costs.

At most Archangels are just stylistic designs that can't surpass you just putting what you want on the Magnum Opus and driving how you want. They're fittings that Chump dreamed up before he had a V8 in his hands.

going up against MGSV didn't do it many favors but it's probably more telling that WB will likely go on to do Mordor 2 and Avalanche will likely be supporting Just Cause, so it'll be a while before anymore Mad Max stuff crops back up. That being said, with how god the movie was and how adequate the game is, it's a god start for more cool poo poo in the long run

• Locked thread