Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KuangMkV
Jan 25, 2003

Moola posted:

I like the frogge :3

thank u his name is Splarge

Most of these guys are Bones figures I speed-painted last night. The wizard is converted from two metal Reaper figures that I had intended to use as my PC in a Pathfinder game last year that never got off the ground. Off to play at a friend's house on his beautiful terrain all day. I'll post some pics when I return!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

KuangMkV posted:

thank u his name is Splarge

:swoon:

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Animals can climb, right?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Springfield Fatts posted:

Animals can climb, right?

Yes. They just can't pick up treasure or use items.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Played Silent Tower & Living Museum tonight. Jesus, the museum one is a recipe for a bloodbath.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

So far I've only played mausoleum and genie. Genie never actually appeared, and the skellingtons in mausoleum are total pushovers, I just tanked with a thaumaturgist-buffed knight and let my treasure runners run in and get 3/4 special treasures.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
The bloodbath from the Museum is due to the fact that all six treasures are in a 12x12" room, which funnels everyone into a charnel house amplified by the fact that each time you pick up a treasure one of the six medium constructs activates and starts punching everything. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but we were only able to limp away with one treasure apiece which was a nice violent change of pace.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I need to paint my warband. I really like this game.

Been playing around with Sulecrist's single player rules, as my primary opponent went back off to university. Pretty fun.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 7, 2015

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Can you guys recommend me a source of good dwarf models? I'm going to do with an Enchanter warband like this:

Enchanter with bow and staff
Apprentice with bow and staff
Spells
Animate Construct
Strength
Telekinesis
Elemental Bolt
Fog
Explosive Rune
Raise Zombie
Imp

Mercenaries
2 Crossbowmen
Thug
Thief
3 Infantrymen

For the bows I'm picturing using pistols, and for the crossbows rifles. I don't want to go with the GW modern dwarfs if possible, as I don't like the modern style.

For the construct I'll be going with the Tinman model, and I want to pick up the old GW tiny knight familiar for the small construct.

Advice and possible models guys?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Avatars of war have a dwarf ranger and berserker unit in plastic.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
There's always Reaper Bones. Very handy model finder as well so you can kit your dwarves as needed. Before I settled on a necromancer I was going to go that path.

KuangMkV
Jan 25, 2003

Thundercloud posted:

Can you guys recommend me a source of good dwarf models? I'm going to do with an Enchanter warband like this:

Enchanter with bow and staff
Apprentice with bow and staff
Spells
Animate Construct
Strength
Telekinesis
Elemental Bolt
Fog
Explosive Rune
Raise Zombie
Imp

Mercenaries
2 Crossbowmen
Thug
Thief
3 Infantrymen

For the bows I'm picturing using pistols, and for the crossbows rifles. I don't want to go with the GW modern dwarfs if possible, as I don't like the modern style.

For the construct I'll be going with the Tinman model, and I want to pick up the old GW tiny knight familiar for the small construct.

Advice and possible models guys?

http://stonehavenminiatures.webstorepowered.com/

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I'm probably going to get Brun Cragback and Lug at some point. I need a sweet Animal Companion.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Sulecrist posted:

I'm probably going to get Brun Cragback and Lug at some point. I need a sweet Animal Companion.

But bears can't wear armor in Frostgrave. :colbert:

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Otisburg posted:

Shield, son!

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Otisburg posted:

They can if they're the wizard!

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

jodai posted:

They can if they're the wizard!

Wizards can't wear armour in Frostgrave.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

muskets posted:

Wizards can't wear armour in Frostgrave.

That's okay. No matter how much armor Lug puts on, he's always bear.

enrious
Jan 22, 2015

jodai posted:

That's okay. No matter how much armor Lug puts on, he's always bear.

:golfclap:

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007
The mini-campaign The Hunt For The Golem is out! Three linked scenarios and some new treasure, a lot of it real neat for enchanters. I like it!

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/156445/Frostgrave-Hunt-for-the-Golem?site=wgv

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I had some credit and picked it up, downloading it now :)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
How many pages is it? I can't find too many details.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Overall it's 9 pages, if you removed the front cover and some bits of foreword and the end credits you've got 6-7 pages of rules. That covers 3 scenarios revolving around a unique monster (the Granite Golem) and 6 new magic items which deal with constructs (making them easier to create/more powerful/make you control enemy ones easier). One of the new magic items can only be gained from capturing said Granite Golem.

Overall it's pretty neat for $5.

Think I'll be using Grignak here as the Granite Golem if the local crew run the campaign: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones%20rock/latest/77185#detail/IG_4024_1

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Is it available anywhere but thru DTRPG?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Not yet but iirc they are planning on an e-pub version so maybe app stores?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Garden of Morr is now back in stock on the GW website.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
you might say theres

Morr in stock

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Moola posted:

you might say theres

Morr in stock

:skeltal:

I can find it on the UK and French sites but not US.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Moola posted:

you might say theres

Morr in stock

:golfclap:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Sulecrist posted:

:skeltal:

I can find it on the UK and French sites but not US.

I'm kind of glad of it because that's the one single product that would make me want to :siren: give games workshop money :siren: and I don't want to do so on principle.

So thanks for taking the choice away from me, Gee Dubs.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
If they're producing it again they may just be waiting for the physical boxes to make it to the US from the UK, so you might have a harder decision to make in the next few weeks.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

For what it's worth, I got one right after Frostgrave came out, and it's really cool. I got a Witchfate Tor Tower of Sorcery too, but I think I'm going to just ebay it (it's up there now). It's pretty darn cool but I kind of want to scratchbuild my own castle.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

My copy of Frostgrave just arrived in the mail. What a breath of fresh air compared to the usual miniatures games.

Clear, reasonably concise, lovely pics and great concept.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I really want them to re-release the dreadstone blight set :(

I'd happily give them money for that, it was a great little kit - gutted I didn't get around to picking one up when I could

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

xutech posted:

My copy of Frostgrave just arrived in the mail. What a breath of fresh air compared to the usual miniatures games.

Clear, reasonably concise, lovely pics and great concept.

The book itself is fantastic. It's the kind of thing I'm quite happy to have out on the open, on a shelf or even a coffee table. It just feels kinda classy, in a way game books often don't, y'know?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

WIP Silent Tower. I'm so glad Frostgrave came along and gave me an excuse to make some ruined medievil city terrain.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

That looks pretty darn nice, and I realize I totally have the skills for it. I should get some materials and try my hand at it!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'm digging that tower, may have to yoink the plans :)

I ordered that Deepcut mat I mentioned a few pages back, and it arrived yesterday. I've also been painting up terrain for Frostgrave, so combined them into a couple of quick shots:

I'll try get around to taking better pics of the mat and more terrain, am hoping to get a game in on Friday so could do some battle shots then (if I remember!)

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I ordered my book from Amazon today and I've got Frostgrave on the mind this week. My LGS has a ton of old Reaper and Hell Dorado minis that I've been eyeing for a Warband (Including a pack of yeti-type monsters that look awesome for scenario play).

Does anyone have a quick list of types of enemy models I should look at picking up? I'm thinking the usual skeletons, goblins, giant spider, frost troll, slimes, rat packs, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

koreban posted:

I ordered my book from Amazon today and I've got Frostgrave on the mind this week. My LGS has a ton of old Reaper and Hell Dorado minis that I've been eyeing for a Warband (Including a pack of yeti-type monsters that look awesome for scenario play).

Does anyone have a quick list of types of enemy models I should look at picking up? I'm thinking the usual skeletons, goblins, giant spider, frost troll, slimes, rat packs, etc.

OP has the full rundown of everything you'll need/want for WYSIWYG for all the scenarios/random encounters/summon options, etc.

Personally I've been focusing on having what I need for scenarios (a genie, skellingtons, a big worm, 6 "living statues", and some other bullshit I'm probably forgetting), before worrying about random encounters.