Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

walrusman posted:

I hate that skeleton/"updoot" thing. I have no loving idea what it means but, like everything else in that loving community, it's been driven into the ground like a tent peg.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/skull-trumpet

Updoot=upvote=like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"a skull-faced character"

Who writes this poo poo?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Picnic Princess posted:

"a skull-faced character"

Who writes this poo poo?

It's KYM. It's written by 13 year olds trying to sound like scientists.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Desk Lamp posted:

I'm no gynecologist but I'm pretty sure a cyst the size of a goddamn softball would be pretty loving noticeable if not life threatening.

Having a lot of fat would hide something like that.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I really hope puffins can't sue for libel. Christ, that poor bird.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Given their lifespans it's probably dead by now

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

goose fleet posted:

Given their lifespans it's probably dead by now

Well, it is apparently a baby puffin - birds that live for 20 years in the wild - and it first appeared in 2010, so I think the particular puffin is still being mocked by its fellows for its unpopular opinions the words idiots put in it's mouth.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

walrusman posted:

I hate that skeleton/"updoot" thing. I have no loving idea what it means but, like everything else in that loving community, it's been driven into the ground like a tent peg.

go doot yourself

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

The tragically ironic thing is that tons of trans people ARE mentally ill due to having to deal with poo poo like this every day

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

All that Mr skeltal stuff happened here long before it took off there. Once again we create a trend and get no thanks for it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Something Awful hasn't "created" a trend in years.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Lady Naga posted:

Hey now, if a deluge of lovely FPS games in which you scour the woods in the dark looking for pieces of paper isn't a trend, I don't know what is :colbert:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Hey now, if a deluge of lovely FPS games in which you scour the woods in the dark looking for pieces of paper isn't a trend, I don't know what is :colbert:

I said years. Slendyman is like five years old now

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Didn't gbs and fyad get obsession with "cuck" rolling? Or was that 4chan that started it up?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sure Mr Skeltal was invented here. Like just 6-8 months ago.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Captain Monkey posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sure Mr Skeltal was invented here. Like just 6-8 months ago.

No sorry.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Didn't gbs and fyad get obsession with "cuck" rolling? Or was that 4chan that started it up?

No, it was probably 4chan.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Doge meme started in FYAD.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Doge meme started in FYAD.

Pretty sure that was a Tumblr thing called Shiba Confessions.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Monicro posted:

The tragically ironic thing is that tons of trans people ARE mentally ill due to having to deal with poo poo like this every day

why do you hate the mentally ill?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I don't know about 'cuck', but I believe cuckservative specifically came from GBS and then made the jump to 4chan.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Cleretic posted:

I don't know about 'cuck', but I believe cuckservative specifically came from GBS and then made the jump to 4chan.

Another reason to hate nu-GBS then.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Written by self-proclaimed nice-guy that got dumped and hasn't let go of high school ten years later.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Scathach posted:

Written by self-proclaimed nice-guy that got dumped and hasn't let go of high school ten years later.

I want to see the comments on that one.

But also, I really, really, really don't.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I want to see the comments on that one.

But also, I really, really, really don't.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:negative:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'False flag rape reports are the biggest danger a man can face. *posts a meme on some shithole picturesharing website* There, I have saved mankind. This is all the effort I'll need to put into solving this problem that totally exists like the knockout game or gangsters tying ribbons on fences to mark which house to rob.'

chessmaster13
Jan 10, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

'False flag rape reports are the biggest danger a man can face. *posts a meme on some shithole picturesharing website* There, I have saved mankind. This is all the effort I'll need to put into solving this problem that totally exists like the knockout game or gangsters tying ribbons on fences to mark which house to rob.'

Isn't that ribbon trick one of the oldest? I heard even roman gangsters used to mark houses to rob.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chessmaster13 posted:

Isn't that ribbon trick one of the oldest? I heard even roman gangsters used to mark houses to rob.

It is a thing one of 'THE OTHER' has been seen doing and thus it must be sinister to get good God-fearing Christian people clutching their pearls. Hardened thug street-roving gangsters casing your houses and tying little bows in your fence with ribbons. This is a totally believable thing that they do. Obviously.

Seriously, why?

If the 140 character limit wasn't so small I'd link the fact that white-on-white deaths are pretty high on the list too. 93 to 84 in fact. Granted, that's from a 1990-2008 report on this but you can't get facts on this year when it hasn't even ended yet.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2014/11/25/giulianis-claim-that-93-percent-of-blacks-are-killed-by-other-blacks/

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"Well, did you find a good place?"

"Yeah, they look rich as hell. Saw a Lexus pull in the garage. Couple of DINKs, no security system, and they both leave at 8:00 A.M."

"Sweet, what's the address?"

"Just drive around until you see a ribbon nigga"

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

I'm surprised they passed up such a good chance to mock Africa. Come on Imgur, you're slipping!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

http://imgur.com/gallery/WNHLku2

quote:

So i wanted to say something about a couple of these "obligatory FP nudes" i received. Firstly, as much as I want to have nudes so badly... I can't. I just can't, I have a beautiful girlfriend. She may not have the biggest boobs or a big rear end.... but I asked her out for who she is and i can't imagine myself craving anther girl's body over a picture. Besides, it's not who I am.

Uh huh.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Comments are just as bad as you'd expect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gaunab posted:

Comments are just as bad as you'd expect.

That tiger is basically a meme of 'politically incorrect' jokes. I'm sure there's a better word for it because that doesn't sound right to me though.

chessmaster13
Jan 10, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

That tiger is basically a meme of 'politically incorrect' jokes. I'm sure there's a better word for it because that doesn't sound right to me though.

That tiger is also very lame, uncreative and unfunny. Like all memes that been around for more than seven minutes.

For something to be truly funny and interesting it must be new.

You get something new by

a) either having a stroke of brilliance, which is fairly seldom
b) combining existing things in a creative way to make them do something nobody thought was possible.

Regurgitating the same old stuff (writing brainfarts on top of an old picture) is neither.
The moment there is a [whatever-meme]generator online it's dead.
Reddit is very good at doing this, 9gag in turn voraciously consumes whatever reddit vomited out.

chessmaster13 has a new favorite as of 13:01 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

chessmaster13 posted:

Reddit is very good

• Locked thread