Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

If I ever have to date again I'm going to carry a pocket DNA test just to make sure Billie Joe wasn't born Billy Joe.

I'm not even sure where to start with that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Guavanaut posted:

Don't DNA tests take about a month?

Boywhiz88 posted:

I like the guy bitching about a woman who would want to go "dutch," because it's super reasonable for a first date. Some guy's can be real assholes about entitlement "I bought you dinner, why won't you go on a second date/gently caress me?" I find it funny though because I guarantee you if that person and the FReeper ever got married, he would probably bitch about his spoiled and entitled wife if she asked for money.

Honestly, at this point either person insisting on paying for a first date would seem a little creepy. I'd personally take it as a warning sign that the person in question might be a little overinvested.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Jim Bob URGENTLY needs all you can eat salad bar and unlimited bread sticks. Donate NOW before it's too late!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Tias posted:

Yeah, and she's a young pill addict who's already in way more trouble than she would have been in any sane legal system - the judge should have known better.

poo poo, had I known being a pill addict means I could ignore warnings from a judge I would have been popping them long before now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Keeshhound posted:

Don't DNA tests take about a month?
Yeah, although you could expedite them if you really cared that much. And there's no such thing as a 'pocket DNA test', although they're working some specific enzyme biomarker tests that only need a drop of blood to test for important things (the biotech industry doesn't consider 'ew Bruce Jenner had a secret peener' to be an important thing though). And there are plenty of things like CAIS that would confuse such a test. And if 0.5% of the population are trans and the pocket test was 95% accurate, you'd be getting far far more false positives than true positives. And most of all if you're drawing blood on a first date because of your terror about trans people then there's a way bigger issue in the room.

Dienes posted:

poo poo, had I known being a pill addict means I could ignore warnings from a judge I would have been popping them long before now.
Perhaps she shouldn't have been in front of a judge in the first place for something like simple possession of anti-anxiety pills. It's not like we're even talking trafficking or distribution here.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Aw, drat, the title gold is pouring in!

My vote is for
Freepers:Even the monthly donors can give extra.
It doesn't hurt at all.

Dienes posted:

Is there some reason the freep is coming from inside the thread lately? Stop being a fascist dickbag, kthx.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Tias posted:

Is there some reason the freep is coming from inside the thread lately? Stop being a fascist dickbag, kthx.

Staring into the abyss and all that.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tias posted:

Aw, drat, the title gold is pouring in!

My vote is for
Freepers:Even the monthly donors can give extra.
It doesn't hurt at all.

whoa whoa whoa, JOKES!? ON SOMETHINJG AWFUL!?!

mods????

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Guavanaut posted:

It says something that the first woman's name that comes to LouAvul's mind is "Billie Joe." I'm not sure what it says, but it's something. Maybe he was going for "Billie Jean," like the song, but misremembered?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Dienes posted:

Contempt of court law is a judicial reason with substantial precedent.

That's what some people in the comment thread say that is wrong. What counts as contempt has guidelines and, as you say, long precedent. "I'm bitter and you kind of annoy me, $5,000 fine" is not valid legal grounds. It's only treated as valid because the judge has absolute power and no one to challenge him. I skimmed the video, though, was she even put in contempt? The judge dismissed her then doubled her bond, she was going back to a holding cell anyway. Contempt is, generally, when a trial is in progress and a free person is put in chains or a holding cell for being a dick (or because Judge decides: because I said so).

Georgia Peach posted:

DATING ETIQUETTE IN THE MODERN ERA: WHO PAYS ON THE FIRST DATE?

Yeah, good question. In the "modern era." Since fags can't defer to the gentler sex. Since bruce jenner is running a transvestite scam. Who knows who pays?
If I ever have to date again I'm going to carry a pocket DNA test just to make sure Billie Joe wasn't born Billy Joe.

6 posted on 9/9/2015, 10:12:37 AM by LouAvul (Freedom without responsibility is anarchy.)

This reads like an angry man whose marriage may end in divorce or murder. I wonder how old he is, I'm in my 30's and the standard is to split it on the first date unless you're feeling generous. Honestly, in this age paying for the whole thing just seems like a bribe, like paying for all the drinks and expecting something in return. It's not as complex as he makes it out to be, especially since he will never encounter anyone who is trans.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Tias posted:

Yeah, and she's a young pill addict who's already in way more trouble than she would have been in any sane legal system - the judge should have known better.

E: Also, DeusExMachinima, you're really not helping the reputation of metal fans as young freep nazi retards, take it elsewhere and have fun here :ohdear:

She's not in any trouble at all. The judge dropped jail sentence after she aplogized and all of the rest of the charges were dropped after she successfully finished a drug recovery program. So actually she was treated properly by a sane system.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

The real reason this quarter's freepathon took a record amount of time:

quote:

To: Jim Robinson
We know by the time it taken how bad the economy really is!

Thanks to all the team for their hard work!
You ALL.are appreciated

163 posted on 9/9/2015, 4:06:33 PM by hoosiermama ( Read my lips: no more Bushes)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 155 | View Replies]

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Why is it that there is no one at Freep who hasn't gone "You're taking all this money from us and not doing a thing to make this site look better"?

Is it just because Freep is old and hates change with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I thought that happened occasionally and resulted in a dog-piling from the users and eventually a zot.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Alter Ego posted:

Why is it that there is no one at Freep who hasn't gone "You're taking all this money from us and not doing a thing to make this site look better"?

Is it just because Freep is old and hates change with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns?

Freepers look at it as gas money for the servers.

Also as proving loyalty and for dick waving.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

None of them understand how computers work and they largely seem to genuinely believe he needs all of that money just to maintain the shite as it is. Most of them would also certainly freak the hell out if he changed anything, which is great because he probably has neither the inclination nor the ability to do so.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Alter Ego posted:

They do. They get banned.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Do they report how much money they take in during these pledge drives?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Keeshhound posted:

Supposedly, the drive ends when the goal is met, so you can make a rough guesstimate of their income based on what the quarterly drive goals are. But FReep is an LLC, not a publicly held or nonprofit company, so they don't have to release actual numbers.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Keeshhound posted:

They report a number.

What relationship that number has with the actual amount of money raised, or the actual costs of running the site, is left as an exercise for the reader.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Trump Criticizes Carly Fiorina’s Looks: ‘Look At That Face!’
This thread is really telling for how Freeper's view the world. Trump can do no wrong, it's all a false flag!

quote:

To: Cincinatus' Wife
Given the existential threats facing the Republic, the time for good manner is long past. The fight must be taken to the enemy using every possible means to attack, not just on philosophy but on looks and other factors. It was effective in World War II as the Japs and Huns were mercilessly mocked.

Trump has made fun of Rand Paul's midget-like height and now he's taking the fight to Carly FioRINO. In these desperate times, it's time for desperate measures. Donald Trump is applying his New York street smarts to battle evil.
7 posted on 9/10/2015, 12:00:39 AM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
This quote is amazing. It is literally "This story is a liberal lie that never happened, but just in case it isn't, it raises my opinion of Trump"

quote:

To: DouglasKC
Would not surprise me one bit if this were completely made up.

It very well may be considering that communist house organ was founded by a smelly hippie and has, as its "proud" heritage, a drug-addled liar named Hunter S. Thompson. That said, my hope is that Donald Trump really did say what was reported. My admiration for him increases as says out loud what Patriots are thinking.
60 posted on 9/10/2015, 12:56:25 AM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 57 | View Replies]

quote:

To: toddausauras

You’re carrying water for the ‘Rolling Stone’.

I personally don’t believe a word they write about anything. And if I ever see one of their reporters I will lie like they’ve never seen just to see the egg slime dripping from their face when they get caught.

Oh, they’ve been caught dozens of times in publishing lies but they never apologize or retract. They are simply not credible.

Let Trump have his fun, he’s not stupid. Fiorina will never get near the White House, Donald will likely live in it for 8 years.

90 posted on 9/10/2015, 1:46:00 AM by Hostage (ARTICLE V)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

quote:

He’s right the biotch is ugly. Shovelface RINO feminist ho.

105 posted on 9/10/2015, 2:36:53 AM by MARKUSPRIME

quote:

First, I don’t believe it—Look at the Source Rolling Stone—remember what that rag did to General McCandlis? And the Rape story at the University? I do not think Trump would say that—and if he did its out of context—there may be more to the story than this little Gotcha Quote. megyn Kelly ate it up like catnip on her show—she will milk it for a week.
Second, The statements by Ben Carson were provoked by reporters. Ben didn’t sould very nice—he looked smug and like a Holier than Thou Christian. No Humbleness there. Trump will fire back. The foes of freedom are gathering their long knives for the debate—should be the “Chop Trump” and end him Night.

129 posted on 9/10/2015, 3:48:53 AM by Forward the Light Brigade (Into the Jaws of H*ll Onward! Ride to the sound of the guns!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Keeshhound posted:

...minus JimRob's Olive Garden budget, of course?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Poe's Law and all that but I've been pretty convinced for several months that re_nortex is a deep cover troll.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Elephant Ambush posted:

Poe's Law and all that but I've been pretty convinced for several months that re_nortex is a deep cover troll.

Once again, if he is then he's been at it for years.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cleretic posted:

Their comparing Kim Davis to Rosa Parks got me thinking... have there been any actually successful protests by conservative groups? I've only ever seen them make ineffectual, homophobic and lovely displays that cause no progress in any direction except against them. The Tea Party was never really a 'protest' except in the minds of the people on the absolute lowest level, so that doesn't really count.

I mean, the KKK I guess, but I was more thinking of protests not based in uncloaked, blind hatred. Maybe even something that enacted, or at least envisioned, positive change.

Would the armed stand-off at Cliven Bundy's ranch count? Because they definitely won that.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
"Existential threat." This is a relatively rare time in American history where no one is trying to blow us up. Security at borders and soft targets like shopping malls is little to nothing yet those promised bearded hoards have never appeared. Any day now? Existential threat is pulled straight from AM radio and syndicate news, were it uttered by someone describing something that isn't a complete fantasy, like climate change, that term would be called, "five dollar words."

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

Post 9-11 User posted:

"Existential threat." This is a relatively rare time in American history where no one is trying to blow us up. Security at borders and soft targets like shopping malls is little to nothing yet those promised bearded hoards have never appeared. Any day now? Existential threat is pulled straight from AM radio and syndicate news, were it uttered by someone describing something that isn't a complete fantasy, like climate change, that term would be called, "five dollar words."

Outright, angry denial of clearly observable reality appears to be the stock-in-trade of late capitalism.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

FMguru posted:

They report a number.

What relationship that number has with the actual amount of money raised, or the actual costs of running the site, is left as an exercise for the reader.

The one thing we can be certain of is that they're probably getting taken to the cleaners on hosting because the admin is JimRob's idiot son. I think they're still colo'ing their own personal machine somewhere.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

quote:

To: Mariner

HOPE

11 posted on 9/10/2015, 2:39:57 PM by gaijin

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ErIog posted:

The one thing we can be certain of is that they're probably getting taken to the cleaners on hosting because the admin is JimRob's idiot son. I think they're still colo'ing their own personal machine somewhere.
They're either being taken to the cleaners on hosting, or JimRob and family are skimming huge sums off the top. Or both.

FR's current size and bandwidth could probably be handled by an AWS instance for $100/month or so. Someone is making a pile off of these miserable old farts' SS checks and military pensions

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

FMguru posted:

They're either being taken to the cleaners on hosting, or JimRob and family are skimming huge sums off the top. Or both.

FR's current size and bandwidth could probably be handled by an AWS instance for $100/month or so. Someone is making a pile off of these miserable old farts' SS checks and military pensions

So they're basically Fox News commercials if they were stuck in 1996?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

AWS is a tool of the leftist 0bamunists and cannot be trusted! The only way that the Free Republic can stay online is if it is hosted on a privately owned controlled server that is buried deep under a pile of Doritos bags in the "webmaster's" bedroom the ground in a hardened EMP proof bunker! Anything else and their message would be buried!

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Khizan posted:

AWS is a tool of the leftist 0bamunists and cannot be trusted! The only way that the Free Republic can stay online is if it is hosted on a privately owned controlled server that is buried deep under a pile of Doritos bags in the "webmaster's" bedroom the ground in a hardened EMP proof bunker! Anything else and their message would be buried!

Just a note to the new folks, this post isn't really far off from actual justifications that have been posted on Freep when server cost discussions have come up. The other one that gets brought up if the site ever experiences any slowdown is, "OBAMA IS HACKING US!"

FMguru posted:

Given that, in the past, JimRob's son has had to drive multiple hours to reboot the server I am going to assume that they are really bad at managing their hosting costs due to lack of technical skill.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It's not all that well-known outside of tech circles but unlimited salad and bread sticks won't keep servers running.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I wonder what's going to happen when the 20-year-old Windows 95 machine I assume they're running the site on finally just craps out completely.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Mister Bates posted:

I wonder what's going to happen when the 20-year-old Windows 95 machine I assume they're running the site on finally just craps out completely.

The URL will be redirected to a GoFundMe to 'rebuild the website', the website will never actually get rebuilt, JimRob and family will continue to live off of the donations of old racists, and the GoFundMe comments section will replace the website itself.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mister Bates posted:

At that point they'll probably buy a new machine and raise the freepathon goal for the quarter.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shugojin posted:

At that point they'll probably buy a new machine and raise the freepathon goal for the quarter.

Upgrading to Windows MEMEMEMEME

I'll show myself out

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Glenn Beck Is ‘Embarrassed’ that He Ever Supported ‘Clown’ Sarah Palin

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet

Not sure of the future of my "Blaze" subscription. I e-mailed him tonight, asking him to take some time off. What he has been saying of late is really off the rails. Hopefully Pat & Stu find the courage to "encounter".

8 posted on 9/10/2015, 9:13:36 PM by SunLakesJeff (Life)
Lately?! :psyduck:

quote:

Too bad, dough boy, I never could stand to watch or listen to you, so what difference does it make?

12 posted on 9/10/2015, 9:16:20 PM by doorgunner69

quote:

Beck is a quixotic little brat. He’s made a lot of money off suckers on the right who doted on his self-congratulatory drama.
I know stuff about Beck that will absolutely cause him to lose the fortune he’s amassed, and I’ll swear I’m going to make it all public.
Next Tuesday.

18 posted on 9/10/2015, 9:21:44 PM by Migraine (Diversity is great -- until it happens to YOU.)

quote:

And Im embarrassed I ever listened to this guy, what an absolute douche bag..seems he is off his meds..he’s pissed that Sarah Palin talked to Donald Trump..Hey Glenn, get a life she isn’t your property you can’t tell her what to do

21 posted on 9/10/2015, 9:26:00 PM by Sarah Barracuda

quote:

The more I hear glen beck talk the more that I realize that Glen beck is what he tells people to be wary of. Glen beck is a cult of personality. he believes that he is right on what ever he believes and if you disagree with him on a issue you are wrong because you must be a progressive. Glen beck has a problem in that what he believe has become dogma for him so if you disagree you are not thinking intelligently. This type of thinking is dangerous and is destroying political discourse causing a lot of our problems. To solve problem you Must at least respect the opposing view so at the very least you can combat it.

32 posted on 9/10/2015, 9:36:20 PM by PCPOET7

quote:

To: PCPOET7
Well, that’s what happens when you believe you are a god per Mormon teachings.

66 posted on 09/10/2015 10:47:19 PM PDT by Jack Hydrazine (Pubbies = national collectivists; Dems = international collectivists; We need a second party!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet; Jim Robinson
Can we finally ban TheBlaze on FR? Every click feeds this psychopathic creep.
38 posted on 09/10/2015 9:50:23 PM PDT by montag813 (Bring Back Tar and Feathers)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

re_nortex just keeps on delivering the goods :yum:

quote:

To: UnwashedPeasant
Sarah Palin is a litmus test. Good people like her.
Yes indeed since those opposing Governor Palin also oppose America's Biblical values. In a similar vein, Glenn Beck is a big fan of "Reverend" Marxist Luther King, a known communist who hated Ronald Reagan. You can tell a lot about a person by who they admire...and who they don't support.

Go Sarah go! Lead the charge to crush islam!

41 posted on 9/10/2015, 9:51:44 PM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Liberty Valance
Sarah Palin is taking flack which means she’s over the target and this time the target is Glenn Beck. His unhinged rant proves that he’s been a liberal all along. Sure, he fooled a few people for a while, but his true colors are showing with this vile attack on Governor Palin, a true Christian Conservative who loves Christ, her family, America and the Constitution.

60 posted on 9/10/2015, 10:29:48 PM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 59 | View Replies]

quote:

Sarah Palin is the Lonesome Rhodes of modern day conservative politics, in it for nothing but herself.

46 posted on 9/10/2015, 10:09:54 PM by Benito Cereno

quote:

To: Benito Cereno; KC_Lion; Jim Robinson
Sarah Palin is the Lonesome Rhodes of modern day conservative politics, in it for nothing but herself.
WRONG! In reality, it's Glenn Beck who plays the part of Larry (Lonesome) Rhodes. Like the character in Elia Kazan's film, he's a phony.

As for Governor Sarah Palin, your words would have led (and still should lead) to an instant ZOT at one time here on Free Republic (unabashedly proclaimed as "Palin Country"). As far as I can tell, the owner of this site has never retracted his statement Sarah Palin IS this Tea Partier's cup of Tea!! And if for no other reason than she's responsible for the rise of Ted Cruz, Governor Palin's accomplishments as a true Patriot are unquestionable.
[palinshakinghandswithjimrob.png]

55 posted on 9/10/2015, 10:19:38 PM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Bran Loghair posted:

She's not in any trouble at all. The judge dropped jail sentence after she aplogized and all of the rest of the charges were dropped after she successfully finished a drug recovery program. So actually she was treated properly by a sane system.

Oh, allright. Serves me right for drawing conclusions from a video bite :shobon:

• Locked thread