Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Post 9-11 User posted:

Mentioning Pig Man makes me sad because I checked his site and there are no new ones. All those words that I will never get to not-read.

Elliot Rodger died in that whole deal man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Post 9-11 User posted:

Mentioning Pig Man makes me sad because I checked his site and there are no new ones. All those words that I will never get to not-read.

There's a really racist dude who made a comic book hero named "Pigman" who kills Muslims or something. Just so that you're comfortable knowing that the name is still being used by disgusting bigots.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
New Nib toons:

https://thenib.com/you-sir-are-not-black-57f18349423b

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

George W. Bush changed a lot of things for the worse, and that's just one example in recent memory where electing someone else would have made a big difference.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Oh, I forgot FDR was just a crazy liberal fever dream.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Abraham who?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

And gently caress, if you're gonna go human history: Victoria, Napoleon, fuckin Stalin and Hitler

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

doop a doop im a child who cant even remember the first obama election, human history is fully encompassed in my facebook timeline

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I find the "I'm too lazy to do anything so in order to justify it I will poo poo on anyone that shows any enthusiasm for change and call it all pointless" poo poo really irritating since I know people personally that say it and act like it makes them the sensible people in the room.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

This is just as meaningless as "the election won't be determined by one vote." You have to elect one politician to elect a group of them, and electing one shows a shift of public opinion that can lead to other victories.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wait, that comic isn't being sarcastic?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

This is just as meaningless as "the election won't be determined by one vote." You have to elect one politician to elect a group of them, and electing one shows a shift of public opinion that can lead to other victories.

Also voting for e.g. Bernie even if you believe he won't win tells the mainstream dems that a portion of their base finds them too conservative. They analyze their constituents as demographics and en masse, so you might as well try to influence them in the same way.

That's honestly how I see my power as a voter, much more so than actually considering the victory or loss of the person I voted for, since most politicians in office are center-right pieces of poo poo anyway.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

This is the best. :allears:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Did they also ask you if you were a vaccine truther?

(I'm not going to get over that.)

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

This is why we need to teach people (basic) linguistics in school. Social groups form dialects, sure, but it's relation based. If you're black and grow up in a white neighborhood, there's a good chance you'll "sound white" from the sheer number of white people you interact with everyday as a kid. It's more complicated than just numbers but you can't discount them.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

alnilam posted:

Also voting for e.g. Bernie even if you believe he won't win tells the mainstream dems that a portion of their base finds them too conservative. They analyze their constituents as demographics and en masse, so you might as well try to influence them in the same way.

That's honestly how I see my power as a voter, much more so than actually considering the victory or loss of the person I voted for, since most politicians in office are center-right pieces of poo poo anyway.

Yeah, exactly this. I'm not a big bernie fan, but given even the democrats seem right of center, it's a good enough reason for me to vote for him in the primaries.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

D.N. Nation posted:

Did they also ask you if you were a vaccine truther?

(I'm not going to get over that.)

You get cautious as gently caress when people like you get injected with Syphilis for laughs in a country that goes out of it's way to try to screw you over. Yet you don't hear about that many black anti-vaxxers.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Gravel Gravy posted:

If Davis doesn't want to do her his job she he should just resign.

GODFIELD, by Kim Davis

(adapted from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_LJtG2gXSc)

PANEL 1: Godfield awakes.

GODFIELD: *yawn* I hate married gays.

PANEL 2:

GODFIELD: ...and I really could go for some enchiladas!

PANEL 3: Godfield approaches JON and LYMAN, a gay couple who are having their morning coffee. Jon holds a newspaper.

GODFIELD: Hey, fellas, it's me, Godfield!

PANEL 4:

GODFIELD: Boy, gently caress you guys, you loving damned, stupid sodomites!

PANEL 5:

LYMAN: Hey c'mon, Godfield, go easy on us, huh?

PANEL 6:

GODFIELD: You damned, stupid, weak, pathetic, white, white, uhh, uh... guilt, white-guilt, milquetoast pieces of human garbage.

PANEL 7:

JON: Geez, Godfield, that's, y'know... y-you're pretty mean to us, but that takes the cake."

PANEL 8:

GODFIELD: I don't give a gently caress! I'm God-loving-FIELD, bitch!

Godfield kicks over Jon's cup of coffee.

GODFIELD: Now gimme my loving enchiladas!

BONUS COMIC: GODFIELD MINUS GODFIELD

PANEL 1: Jon and Lyman are having their morning coffee, undisturbed. Jon holds a newspaper.

LYMAN: I love these early Monday mornings.

JON: I know, the sunrise sure was beautiful!

PANEL 2:

LYMAN: Say, did you hear Liz and Irma are finally tying the knot?

JON: Is that so? We should get them something nice.

seiferguy posted:

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Not entirely sure but I think Ted Rall exceeds it.

This is correct.

Hey, speaking of which, I think it's time for more WHINY BULLSHIT ABOUT TED GETTING FIRED:

Gay rights is the one issue about which Beeler isn't a mindless shill for the right. I don't think his caricature of Davis is terrific (he's trying way too hard to treat the glasses like Oliphant's drawings of George H.W. Bush, for some reason), and the setup/punchline are kind shoehorned together, but eh, he deserves credit for not being a tool about this.

FAMILY LOVE HILLARY! :haw:

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 10, 2015

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Space-Bird posted:

Yeah, exactly this. I'm not a big bernie fan, but given even the democrats seem right of center, it's a good enough reason for me to vote for him in the primaries.

it's pretty safe to vote bernie because there's no whackjob on the dem side. i'd be "ok" with any of the dems winning the primary, giving me more incentive to vote for a more fringe candidate in the primaries

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

No things happened.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Deep Hurting posted:

Hey, speaking of which, I think it's time for more WHINY BULLSHIT ABOUT TED GETTING FIRED:

I really don't think that's how conflict of interests works. You can't just hire every law firm so that they all can't be used against you.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I really don't think that's how conflict of interests works. You can't just hire every law firm so that they all can't be used against you.

The cartoonist has no idea how the legal system anything works.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Gyre posted:

If you're black and grow up in a white neighborhood, there's a good chance you'll "sound white" from the sheer number of white people you interact with everyday as a kid.

aka the Tony Gwynn effect.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Not My Leg posted:

No things happened.

How is he so bad at metaphors.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Yeah pretty much feels 100% accurate at this point. :shepicide:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Sandpuppy posted:

aka the Tony Gwynn effect.

I think you mean the Ron Stallworth effect. :colbert:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Deep Hurting posted:

Gay rights is the one issue about which Beeler isn't a mindless shill for the right. I don't think his caricature of Davis is terrific (he's trying way too hard to treat the glasses like Oliphant's drawings of George H.W. Bush, for some reason), and the setup/punchline are kind shoehorned together, but eh, he deserves credit for not being a tool about this.

Response to Obama: impeach. Response to Davis: preach. Doesn't that mean the author is condemning the former and supporting the latter?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You have missed the title of the cartoon, which identifies those responses as those of the religious right, and not the cartoonist's own.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Not My Leg posted:

No things happened.
No things happened? Uncle Sam has the worst dysrhythmia ever!

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Post 9-11 User posted:

Response to Obama: impeach. Response to Davis: preach. Doesn't that mean the author is condemning the former and supporting the latter?

He's criticizing the "Religious Right's" response in both cases, ironically contrasting them with one another.

Like I said, Beeler has a long record of generally good opinions on the subject of gay marriage. That doesn't mean the cartoons he crafts around those opinions are always well-executed.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Holy poo poo, is that a real Latuff? It's almost a reasonable point.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm not really sure what Uncle Sam is saying? Is it just a weird non sequitur or does he want those refugees so bad he's willing to fight for them?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sinestro posted:

They always are.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Lady Naga posted:

I'm not really sure what Uncle Sam is saying? Is it just a weird non sequitur or does he want those refugees so bad he's willing to fight for them?

He's saying the violence in Syria is America's fault.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Sinestro posted:

Wow is this a real D&D post about Latuff? It almost lacks the hyperbole and all-black-and-white vision that usually pervades Latuff chat.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Lady Naga posted:

Hell, it could be about the $1B of backing given to "moderate" Syrian rebels

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Klaus88 posted:

Yeah pretty much feels 100% accurate at this point. :shepicide:

Look, let one Syrian refugee (they're really all ISIS!) in and it means Sharia Law forever - the bastards are so crafty they've been setting the stage in the Southern States for decades now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Look, let one Syrian refugee (they're really all ISIS!) in and it means Sharia Law forever - the bastards are so crafty they've been setting the stage in the Southern States for decades now.

Luckily you can be safe from their power by drawing a circle of pork fat around yourself.

• Locked thread