Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yellow curry is the least spicy. Green curry is usually the spiciest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

Yellow curry is the least spicy. Green curry is usually the spiciest.

You're so anal that when I insulted someone else by referencing a curry when describing poo poo you corrected me.

Everyday your mother drives a drone equipped with a gun to your house and for hours that drone hovers over your sleeping body with the gun hovering an inch away from your head. But she never pulls the trigger cause your mom loves you but has paranoid schizophrenia and believes that you're out to get her.

Bam roasted

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I asked my job for some time off, a week in October and a week in May. The latter because I'm officiating a wedding and the former because my best friend won a trip to Disneyworld and wanted to take me with his family. My job denied me the October week for no real reason, in spite of the fact that I have taken a grand total of zero days off in the two and a half years I've been here, while others take multiple days all the time and some don't even call in.

I'm upset. :(

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

I asked my job for some time off, a week in October and a week in May. The latter because I'm officiating a wedding and the former because my best friend won a trip to Disneyworld and wanted to take me with his family. My job denied me the October week for no real reason, in spite of the fact that I have taken a grand total of zero days off in the two and a half years I've been here, while others take multiple days all the time and some don't even call in.

What week in October? That's really lovely that they would do that. Especially since you're giving a large amount of notice.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Little Mac posted:

I heard there's a really nasty flu going around about that time.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Magnus Gallant posted:

What week in October? That's really lovely that they would do that. Especially since you're giving a large amount of notice.

12-16, but I put in the request a week and a half ago. It just feels lame to not have employee loyalty rewarded. I get that it's a large amount of time and we don't get true vacation days, but like I said, others take tons of time off all the time. Bleh.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Mags, I never quoted you. Seems like you'll just insult anyone over anything.

Lmac, what type of work is it?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

I heard there's a really nasty flu going around about that time.

That's what the other teachers said to do. Though I am upset, that would be morally wrong. I am too moral. HELP ME

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Amoeba102 posted:

I teach 8th grade Language Arts. Also sorry for venting in a mafia thread. Facebook is full of narcs who would talk poo poo about me complaining about my boss.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Magnus Gallant posted:

You smell like a diaper full of diarrhea, and not normal diarrhea, diarrhea that looks like the spiciest yellow curry you've ever eaten.

Also you play dodgeball.

magnus did you go to yer meeting?

Also i had no sleep last night because of someone having an anxiety attack in the middle of the night and i had to comfort them. I thought of this thread~

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Start applying for a new job.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Amoeba102 posted:

Start applying for a new job.

I will probably transfer, yeah.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

That's what the other teachers said to do. Though I am upset, that would be morally wrong. I am too moral. HELP ME

Stop caring.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Asiina posted:

Stop caring.

I'm a teacher! If I stopped caring, then I'd just be a parent.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No, to be a parent you have to probably lose all your education experience and then act like you know best.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

Please don't take it personally I feel like making silly insults.

I hope I didn't offend you.

Yellow curry is good, I prefer it over green curry because to me it has more flavor.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm upset you broke the rules, not at the insult.

It's the Law!

And I go for Yellow Curry because I'm not keen on spicy things.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i don't enjoy the flavour of curries much, they're okay, but i'll always get a prikh khing or something like that when i go to thai.

when i go to indian restaurants i just spend the entire time wishing it was mexican or spanish or french or italian or legit any other cuisine

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

magnus did you go to yer meeting?

Also i had no sleep last night because of someone having an anxiety attack in the middle of the night and i had to comfort them. I thought of this thread~

I have not gone to a meeting yet mostly because of a lot of issues with people that I knew when I went to those meetings that have occurred since I stopped going.

What I'm doing instead is writing more and staying busier so I don't have time to drink.

I quit smoking cigs cold turkey like 3 weeks ago, so that's good. Just have to keep working.

This is a conversation we can have over PM though because this is not the "is mags ok" thread it's the "Mafia discussion thread"

I appreciate your concern though busb :glomp:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

i don't enjoy the flavour of curries much, they're okay, but i'll always get a prikh khing or something like that when i go to thai.

when i go to indian restaurants i just spend the entire time wishing it was mexican or spanish or french or italian or legit any other cuisine

Japanese curry is better than Indian curry imo. So get some curry at a Japanese restaurant. You'll enjoy it.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
tbh i don't go to japanese restaurants much because it's basically 90% seafood and the rest is chicken and avocado wrapped in seaweed, to make it taste like seafood.

I have never tried a japanese curry though so i might do that if i find myself there though, i'm always keen to try new things.

Also it was R U OK Day here yesterday and that's today in yer backwards land!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Yellow or Massaman, always.

Indian and Thai are the best kinds of food.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

tbh i don't go to japanese restaurants much because it's basically 90% seafood and the rest is chicken and avocado wrapped in seaweed, to make it taste like seafood.

I have never tried a japanese curry though so i might do that if i find myself there though, i'm always keen to try new things.

Also it was R U OK Day here yesterday and that's today in yer backwards land!

Haha R U OK day is a thing down there? What is that?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

http://yourstruly.org.au/#/story

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

BottleKnight posted:

Yellow or Massaman, always.

Indian and Thai are the best kinds of food.

I can understand why people love curries because they do have a lot of strong flavours going on. I just dont enjoy it nearly as much as other flavours. Padh Prikh Khing with crispy pork belly is legit the best thai dish when done well though. i'm going to have it for lunch i think!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Little Mac posted:

I'm a teacher! If I stopped caring, then I'd just be a parent.

You can care about your work and doing a good job while not giving two flips about your employer.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Let's go Brady!! Deflate roethlesbeefuers balls!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay I've started a Fury Road Mafia thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741176

I've also posted a link to it in the Fury Road thread, so maybe that'll get some new Mafia recruits.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I found out today my mom has never heard of imdb.com. Isn't that weird?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

I found out today my mom has never heard of imdb.com. Isn't that weird?

my dad literally doesn't know how text messages work, including how to read them

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

my dad literally doesn't know how text messages work, including how to read them

Haha parents are dumb

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My mom is sorta okay with technology, but when something doesn't work she'll just try to do the thing she was doing faster/harder. Last time she was here she nearly broke my mouse because the cursor had gone over to the other screen and she couldn't see it, so she waved the mouse around and banged it on the table instead of just moving it over to the right.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

My dad used to text but he's much more comfortable with voice communication in general. I don't really blame him. He has a smartphone but he only uses it for phone calls, sports scores and weather. But he knows what he needs and I respect that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My mom has gotten a lot better at texting since she started getting closer to my step-sister who is nigh-unintelligible in her text speak.

She knows all kinds of acronyms that the kids these days use.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Re: votefinder requests, I'm not taking votefinder requests at this time. I might later.

Also most of the obvious ideas I plan on doing anyway.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Yeah my mom texts more than I do and even though she still uses AOL, it's because she's been an avid user since 2000 and has several groups of people she talks to daily and has met a bunch of cool people irl that way. She recently got mad at her laptop because a Windows update somehow stopped the AOL client from working right. Sigh.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Re: votefinder requests, I'm not taking votefinder requests at this time. I might later.

MMM I request that you do not fulfill this request.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Get the vote chart working so it's easier to see how votes have moved in relation to one another.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

MMM I request that you do not fulfill this request.

Were you significantly insulted by my insult? You big dumb dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Mmm please turn the votefinder into a giant robot who can teleport and tallies votes IRL