Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Red: If you join Empire you'll get to do all the raids with the downside of feeling like a twat and a small cog in a far too large machine. Leveling is almost ridiculously fast. Population is low enough that you can usually get any camp you want, but you might get murdered out of that camp. You'll be forced to take breaks you never wanted to take by griefers you have basically no chance in combat against. Economy is a little weird, but in a fun way.

Blue: Dunno as much about it but leveling is slow, all the good spots are perpetually taken, and most guilds are on rotational raiding (but hey it beats nothing). Population is just too high I feel like.

Red will always give you a headache, it can definitely feel like a prison colony, and pras is loving stupid. Sometimes I think about playing on Blue, but I feel like playing monk and that would just be torture to do naked a second time. Does monk lose the 20% exp penalty when the hybrid exp penalty is removed?

E: Remembered the real reason why Monk is so painful, you can't even carry blunt weapons to skill up 1HB and 2HB, let alone make any money.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Ashenden posted:

Does monk lose the 20% exp penalty when the hybrid exp penalty is removed?
Yes, all class XP penalties are removed eventually during Velious. Class bonuses (war/rog) stay, as mentioned last page. Racial penalties and bonuses remain. So, an Iksar monk will only have a 20% penalty instead of 44% after the change, and a Human will have no penalty.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Yes, all class XP penalties are removed eventually during Velious. Class bonuses (war/rog) stay, as mentioned last page. Racial penalties and bonuses remain. So, an Iksar monk will only have a 20% penalty instead of 44% after the change, and a Human will have no penalty.

Good to know, thanks.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Also, there hasn't been a rotation or bag limit on mobs since Velious dropped, BDA killed like 6 dragons on Sunday. lol

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
What is the difference between OOC and Shout on Blue? Also anybody able to transfer some trash for me in Feerrott on Blue?

iNteg posted:

Also, there hasn't been a rotation or bag limit on mobs since Velious dropped, BDA killed like 6 dragons on Sunday. lol

Sounds fun.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 11, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ashenden posted:

What is the difference between OOC and Shout on Blue?
Functionally they're no different. Traditionally, OOC was for out-of-character zone-wide stuff and shout was for in-character zone-wide stuff.

Practically, people use them for whatever they want. Auction is also zone-wide but typically reserved for buying and selling poo poo, though people will sometimes do this in OOC or shout as well, especially when trying to get a port or rez. Raid guilds who have a zone to themselves will often delegate the zone-wide channels for different types of communication: pulls, assist calls, heals, buffs, debuffs, etc.

OOC and auction both used to be global on blue a long time ago when the server was new and pop was low and it was nice when there were <200 online. I used to make a lot of cash on my wizard doing solo XP or farming and taking port requests from anywhere in the world. Also, almost all trades were done at the NFP bank back then too because there was no need for the neutral area of EC tunnel in which to spam or read /auction.

If it really is just junk-level items do a drop transfer in a secluded corner or ask a stranger.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ashenden posted:

Also anybody able to transfer some trash for me in Feerrott on Blue?

I could do a transfer on my druid easy enough, when you wanna do it?

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I could do a transfer on my druid easy enough, when you wanna do it?

Thanks, I drop-transferred it though.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.

Summit posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to bank with a KOS banker? In particular the Kelethin banker is threatening to me. Guards and merchants are dubious. I assume the tiny window right next to him is enough to interaction with him but I'm not sure if that would actually work. I'm only level 9 so he'll wreck my poo poo fast if it doesn't.

I eat baby skin posted:

Not unless you can sneak or feign death.

Tried it today. Doesn't matter that he's 'threatening', I can still bank with him. Just have to stick on the outside of the building and right click on him through the window.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Summit posted:

Tried it today. Doesn't matter that he's 'threatening', I can still bank with him. Just have to stick on the outside of the building and right click on him through the window.

If we're in Kael for faction or farming something and pull the bank area with Drioc, I'll be attacking the banker and able to bank with him before he dies. I usually take that time to dump plat or coin change lol.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Ashenden posted:

E: Remembered the real reason why Monk is so painful, you can't even carry blunt weapons to skill up 1HB and 2HB, let alone make any money.
The importance of the weight penalty for Monks, when you're levelling, is way overrated. When you're new and have mediocre gear, and also need to farm cash (I started completely from scratch), you can forget all about staying below the weight penalty; a typical weight when you've banked and are carrying 50p or so, ready to head out into the field, is around 30-40. The AC loss up to around 40 is significant, but above that, it's minor, so you might as well say gently caress it and just do your thing. I solo'd from 1-50 basically saying screw it to the weight limit, and while it naturally caused some AC loss, I managed fine. I used to go up to the encumberance limit all the time, before I vendored and banked.

You should get some WR bags ASAP. Some good ones:

Bag of Sewn Evil-Eye
Light Burlap Sack
Forager Bag
Lionhide Backpack
Shralok Pack

When you get the cash, a tink bag is naturally amazing.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Pilsner posted:

The importance of the weight penalty for Monks, when you're levelling, is way overrated. When you're new and have mediocre gear, and also need to farm cash (I started completely from scratch), you can forget all about staying below the weight penalty; a typical weight when you've banked and are carrying 50p or so, ready to head out into the field, is around 30-40. The AC loss up to around 40 is significant, but above that, it's minor, so you might as well say gently caress it and just do your thing. I solo'd from 1-50 basically saying screw it to the weight limit, and while it naturally caused some AC loss, I managed fine. I used to go up to the encumberance limit all the time, before I vendored and banked.

Good advice, thanks. I was really worried about it and never made any money outside of Gargoyle Eyes in MM and LGuk on my red Monk.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
how is gargoyle farming in oot for money?

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
I played original EQ back in '99 with an old friend of mine in middle school, and when I saw P99 I knew I had to relive the old days. So far I'm really enjoying it! I've gotten way farther than I ever did as a dumb kid messing around on my friend's eMachine.

Right now I'm on Blue with a level 16 Ogre Shaman named Uggrut, and things have been going well as a solo-er. I finally figured out how to root/rot semi-effectively, learned when to use Gate to get out of a bad situation, and I've found my own little spot in the Rathefear mountains to safely grind some orcs/kodiaks (I know people say I should be in Oasis or Kurn's but those places are way too crowded and I kept dying in Oasis). I want to explore Lake Rathefear in a couple of levels and maybe camp some aviak guards.

I have some questions though:
Is it normal for a solo-er at my level to fill one bubble of exp an hour?
When do Shamans fully come into their own? Any tips?
Some cool person gave me a Spear of Mortification but is there any other gear I should be looking for?
Finally, people keep talking about Banded Armor but I've never seen any and my plat is limited - is leather good enough for now?

Any tips would be welcome. I'll be online for most of the evening as Uggrut after like 5pm (EST). Thanks!

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

HoboTech posted:

Just some guesses because my highest Shaman is only 19 but I imagine either at 24 when you get Cannibalize or 34 when you get a pet. Or maybe both are good increases.

E: Also at 34 you get a root that lasts twice as long. 34 sounds like a nice level.

The only 2HB I could find to skill up with in Cab was a shovel. I like it.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 11, 2015

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

Hey friends. I ran out of money and social life and girlfriend so I think I'm going to start playing again since it's free.

I was Karmapa and Avalok (both level 39, monk and enchanter respectively). I also think I'm going to try some new characters if anyone wants to start a leveling group. I'm down to play a Cleric or Shaman if anyone wants to team up with either of those. I don't know how much I'll actually be able to play but I like you. This would be on blue. I have no interest in red.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

HoboTech posted:

I played original EQ back in '99 with an old friend of mine in middle school, and when I saw P99 I knew I had to relive the old days. So far I'm really enjoying it! I've gotten way farther than I ever did as a dumb kid messing around on my friend's eMachine.

Right now I'm on Blue with a level 16 Ogre Shaman named Uggrut, and things have been going well as a solo-er. I finally figured out how to root/rot semi-effectively, learned when to use Gate to get out of a bad situation, and I've found my own little spot in the Rathefear mountains to safely grind some orcs/kodiaks (I know people say I should be in Oasis or Kurn's but those places are way too crowded and I kept dying in Oasis). I want to explore Lake Rathefear in a couple of levels and maybe camp some aviak guards.

Right on dude, you should join the goon guild if you can make your way to EC at some point, if only to talk about stupid poo poo with us and pass the time.

And kind goons will throw you free pp to get started.

HoboTech posted:

Some cool person gave me a Spear of Mortification but is there any other gear I should be looking for?
Finally, people keep talking about Banded Armor but I've never seen any and my plat is limited - is leather good enough for now?

Any tips would be welcome. I'll be online for most of the evening as Uggrut after like 5pm (EST). Thanks!

1. No, that's pretty slow exp, especially at that level. But EQ is the kind of game where subtle changes in how you play can make a huge difference, I've spent all night grinding out one level over hours and hours and then managed to get several levels the next day in much less time, things like that. It can matter if you're dying, if you find a good group, if you know a good camp spot, stuff like that. Also being aware of quests is pretty huge.

2. Shamans aren't really bad AFAIK but they really out-class Druids at like... 30-40? Not for awhile. But you should be still pretty good at low level.

3. Keep your eye out for any of this gear you can get for cheap:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Pre_Planar_Gear#Shaman

When in doubt, consult the wiki. Its not completely up-to-date but its better than anything else out there when it comes to p1999 reference.

Banded armor is crafted so if you go to EC tunnel you are guaranteed to have somebody willing to sell you some or make you some and sell it to you. Its pretty cheap, people usually charge pp equal to the amount of AC you're getting. Its not as good as armor with +stats but its better than nothing, especially for low-level melee.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Banded_Armor_Set

Leather works but its also crappy, you should get banded or honestly better than banded pretty much ASAP. Join the goon guild, we'll give you a few hundred PP for free and you can go shopping. :)

tyler is a joke posted:

Hey friends. I ran out of money and social life and girlfriend so I think I'm going to start playing again since it's free.

I was Karmapa and Avalok (both level 39, monk and enchanter respectively). I also think I'm going to try some new characters if anyone wants to start a leveling group. I'm down to play a Cleric or Shaman if anyone wants to team up with either of those. I don't know how much I'll actually be able to play but I like you. This would be on blue. I have no interest in red.

Sweet dude, one of us, one of us, gooble gobble.

gently caress red; smoke blue every day. Or whatever.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 11, 2015

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
Can I just say that I really dislike Oasis? It's one of the most boring zones to level in. It's only redeeming quality is that a lot of people seem to go there so groups are easy to get. That's it.

- No loot to get; 99% of the time you just get worthless meat and no coin loot at all
- No real exploration or sense of danger, just sitting on a beach
- Bad XP modifier
- No interesting mobs besides giants that one shot you

It's probably as soulless of an experience as you can get in this game, which is saying something because EverQuest is at its core a much slower game in general.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Summit posted:

Can I just say that I really dislike Oasis? It's one of the most boring zones to level in. It's only redeeming quality is that a lot of people seem to go there so groups are easy to get. That's it.

- No loot to get; 99% of the time you just get worthless meat and no coin loot at all
- No real exploration or sense of danger, just sitting on a beach
- Bad XP modifier
- No interesting mobs besides giants that one shot you

It's probably as soulless of an experience as you can get in this game, which is saying something because EverQuest is at its core a much slower game in general.

Yeah, I grouped in Oasis back in the day but mostly because that's where people were to group with and I didn't know any better.

I have yet to kill a single mob in Oasis in 1999 I think, definitely haven't camped there. There's so many other options that work better.

You are leaving out Lockjaw who drops some okay loot, and the spectres which are fun mobs at higher level, but yeah.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I refuse to solo. If I don't have a group for some reason I just log. The fun in the game comes from the group dynamic with a good paced camp.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Summit posted:

Can I just say that I really dislike Oasis?

Outside of the Orc highway spot, Oasis is pretty terrible for grouping. Crocs can be good exp for a soloing Druid or Necro, but that's really about it.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Right on dude, you should join the goon guild if you can make your way to EC at some point, if only to talk about stupid poo poo with us and pass the time.

And kind goons will throw you free pp to get started.

1. No, that's pretty slow exp, especially at that level. But EQ is the kind of game where subtle changes in how you play can make a huge difference, I've spent all night grinding out one level over hours and hours and then managed to get several levels the next day in much less time, things like that. It can matter if you're dying, if you find a good group, if you know a good camp spot, stuff like that. Also being aware of quests is pretty huge.

2. Shamans aren't really bad AFAIK but they really out-class Druids at like... 30-40? Not for awhile. But you should be still pretty good at low level.

3. Keep your eye out for any of this gear you can get for cheap:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Pre_Planar_Gear#Shaman

When in doubt, consult the wiki. Its not completely up-to-date but its better than anything else out there when it comes to p1999 reference.

Banded armor is crafted so if you go to EC tunnel you are guaranteed to have somebody willing to sell you some or make you some and sell it to you. Its pretty cheap, people usually charge pp equal to the amount of AC you're getting. Its not as good as armor with +stats but its better than nothing, especially for low-level melee.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Banded_Armor_Set

Leather works but its also crappy, you should get banded or honestly better than banded pretty much ASAP. Join the goon guild, we'll give you a few hundred PP for free and you can go shopping. :)

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll try to hit 17 after work and then make the run to EC to see who's around. Should I just start shouting to see who's a goon? I'd love to have people to shoot the poo poo with while camping, and the last person I interacted with tried to do erotic roleplay with me. That kind of scared me off from being social for a while.

Either way I'll bring what plat I have and try to get some banded armor. A little dismayed to hear my rate of exp is sub par, though.

Summit posted:

Totally agree. Oasis is my least favorite zone so far. That's why I moved to the mountains.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

HoboTech posted:

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll try to hit 17 after work and then make the run to EC to see who's around. Should I just start shouting to see who's a goon? I'd love to have people to shoot the poo poo with while camping, and the last person I interacted with tried to do erotic roleplay with me. That kind of scared me off from being social for a while.

There aren't enough goons to go shouting looking for them. Do /w all "Unknown Guild"(with the quotes) and it will show every goon who is online.

Most of the random non goons I have met in this game range from either being pretty cool to really loving weird. Guild chat is fairly entertaining when people are online.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Any officers near Cab? I don't wanna leave until I can train FD.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 11, 2015

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Dirt posted:

There aren't enough goons to go shouting looking for them. Do /w all "Unknown Guild"(with the quotes) and it will show every goon who is online.

Most of the random non goons I have met in this game range from either being pretty cool to really loving weird. Guild chat is fairly entertaining when people are online.

That's a brilliant idea and won't result in me looking like a crazy person in the EC tunnel. I'll give it a shot when I get home in a few hours.

And yeah, this guy apparently had a thing for Trolls/Ogres... and their butts. This is why I solo!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

HoboTech posted:

Either way I'll bring what plat I have and try to get some banded armor. A little dismayed to hear my rate of exp is sub par, though.

Totally agree. Oasis is my least favorite zone so far. That's why I moved to the mountains.

Yeah like Dirt said there's not enough of us to shout, use /who all to find some goons until you're in the guild. That said, half the goons on blue have chars in other guilds for raiding or what have you. There's not a lot of us but those who are around are chill and will seriously help you out.

And don't be dismayed, if you're cool with grinding out levels just enjoy the journey, there's no rush to hit the level cap. And if anything that should give you some optimism, you could figure out some new tricks and level even faster. For most people the length of the grind is pretty daunting so knowing that you don't have to spend THAT much time should be a good thing, haha. The levels definitely slow down the higher you get too, and hell levels take loving forever.

I don't exactly keep spreadsheets of my time spent playing vs exp gained though so maybe I'm just estimating bad. There's hours where I get no exp or barely any (Trading, running around, questing, buffing newbies while drunk) but if I'm seriously soloing or camping I'd like to think its a bit faster than that. Not like 10x or anything though.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Yeah I suppose there really is no hurry. With zero intentions of raiding I suppose there's no rush, and chances are good that I'll soon be the stoned ogre running around buffing people too. Suppose it will also get better when the loot improves and things start dropping items worth plat instead of gold.

Listening to podcasts or watching something while leveling also takes the edge off the long waits in between battles, too, so that's not bad either.

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

Ashenden posted:

Any officers near Cab? I don't wanna leave until I can train FD.

I can tag you sometime possibly tonight or tomorrow. Look for Avalok, or Karmapa.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Ran my shaman Azae to ECT to see if anybody was around to give an invite. Also, I've always wondered: Why do I have almost no music? I think I only have character screen, Neriak Forest, and combat.

tyler is a joke posted:

I can tag you sometime possibly tonight or tomorrow. Look for Avalok, or Karmapa.
Will do, thanks. I kind of want to stay on Kunark for a long time and try to go to Dalnir at an appropriate level. Because I hate myself.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 11, 2015

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
I have a 16 Shammy but leaning on doing a rogue instead on blue. There are plenty of people at various levels grouped up right? Without a group rogue would be :redass:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ashenden posted:

Also, I've always wondered: Why do I have almost no music? I think I only have character screen, Neriak Forest, and combat.

I have the same problem, its mildly annoying but I have all the EQ music long memorized, and I usually have the volume turned down so I can watch Netflix too.

But if you find a solution lemme know.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Ashenden posted:

Also, I've always wondered: Why do I have almost no music? I think I only have character screen, Neriak Forest, and combat.

Zaphod42 posted:

I have the same problem, its mildly annoying but I have all the EQ music long memorized, and I usually have the volume turned down so I can watch Netflix too.

But if you find a solution lemme know.
There are a few reasons, some can be fixed and some cannot:

First, EQ never had music in all zones. Some zones, such as cities (Kelethin, Felwithe, etc.) have one music track playing everywhere. Kaladim has music mostly related to which guild you are near (Bard, Warrior, etc.). Some dungeons have it (Najena and Sol B at least have music tracks - can't remember if they actually play in there), very few outdoor zones have zone-wide music. EQ music is mostly situational; like when walking near the Gfay wizard spires, majestic music will play; walking near an undead ruin will trigger gloomy music.

Second, Kunark features no music, at all. Velious has a little, mostly in city zones, and some might also remember the caribbean-style music around the Othmir in Cobaltscar.

If you are hearing zero music, something might be up with your sound driver or MIDI handling (mp3 only started with PoP). If you are hearing music where you sometimes think it sounds off-key or corrupted, there is a solution detailed in this thead:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81207

To further expand, I can recommend listening to the original music files shipped with EQ. They are in a format called XMI, which are MIDI-like files where each file can contain multiple underlying tracks, and are found in the root EQ install directory. Some of the music I have never heard play anywhere in EQ, and some of it is truly amazing stuff, particularly the "mistmoore.xmi" contains some dreamy tracks. The file "gl.xmi" contains general-purpose tracks such as the vendor music, combat music, death music, guild master music, etc. I have written a guide on how to listen to it here: http://www.zlizeq.com/Game_Information-Music_and_Graphics#1_Listening_to_EverQuest_Music

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

quote:

There are a bit over 200 MP3 files

I only have 83 MP3 files in my root EQ folder. For example no Freeport.mp3. So that'd be a missing music issue. Also set up XMI as per your guide.

Been thinking about Bard stuff. People always talk about how Half-Elf has the best stats, but for the cost of 10 dex (you're dumb agility not even mentioning you) Human can wear VP robe and gets 5 more str/stam. Seems better, anything important I'm missing? The HIE racial armor is maybe better than Human's.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 12, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Every time I login nobody is is online. No fun.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Sep 12, 2015

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I got my baby dwarf rogue over to EC if anyone happens to be on and bored enough to tag him. Name: Ragni

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Das Gray posted:

I got my baby dwarf rogue over to EC if anyone happens to be on and bored enough to tag him. Name: Ragni

I popped on the GL character but you appear to be AFK. I'll be on while I get work done for an hour, hope you come back by then!

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I popped on the GL character but you appear to be AFK. I'll be on while I get work done for an hour, hope you come back by then!

Price I pay for using the ole :destiny: I am back now looking at the loots.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
I lost a summer of my life to this game in 1999. I played a ranger, and despite putting in hundreds of hours I only got to level 23. I blame rangers being utter garbage.

Now I'm back because I have too much time to kill these days and the hardcore PvE design still appeals to me. I've got a level 26 barb shaman going, and it's amazing how much of a difference things like on demand SoW, binding, and gating make in your life. I lucked out and found some good money camps, and now I"m running around with a Poison Wind Censor, 55hp rings, and a bunch of fairly inexpensive +HP and +Mana armor. I've been going almost entirely solo, which was unthinkable back in my 1999 ranger days. But I'd love to get in some chill grouping, so feel free to message me at Kefkef if you see me on and want to get a duo or group running.

I'm currently poking around the Overthere as my first experience with Kunark. Might try the Warslick's Woods giant fort soon. As far as I can tell from the wiki, as a barb shaman there's basically nowhere at all for me to sell and bank aside from Firiona Vie, which is super far away and a dangerous trip. What are my options for taking care of loot here? The boat ride is long, and ports will only get me to Dreadlands, which may as well be the rear end end of nowhere relative to the Overthere.

HoboTech posted:

Try to get yourself a better weapon. A Runewood Great Staff is a good, inexpensive pick, though not for sale too often in East Commons. But anything with comparable stats should be a good choice. With a good weapon and some banded you can face tank blues for some time to come, which is faster and more efficient than root rotting. Send me a tell at Kefkef if you see me on and I'll drop some plat on you if I can get to you conveniently - though I'm currently in Kunark, so no promises!

If you want some easy levels and money then head to North Karana and kill wisps. There are shitloads of them, they still give decent exp for a couple more levels, and the lightstone quest at the Gypsy camp gives good exp into the early 20s. Though as an ogre you can't run to the guards if you get overwhelmed, or rest near them when you need to regain HP/Mana. Still worth a try. I made 900+ plat and got from level 15 to 20 in two or three nights almost solely off wisps and the lightstone quest. Kill grizzlies too, the HQ skins sell for 30p in East Commons.

The aviak towers in Lake Rathe are steady easy exp with decent loot, though you probably want to be level 20 before you try it. Just be aware that they're so easy that they're also super boring.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kefit posted:

I'm currently poking around the Overthere as my first experience with Kunark. Might try the Warslick's Woods giant fort soon. As far as I can tell from the wiki, as a barb shaman there's basically nowhere at all for me to sell and bank aside from Firiona Vie, which is super far away and a dangerous trip. What are my options for taking care of loot here? The boat ride is long, and ports will only get me to Dreadlands, which may as well be the rear end end of nowhere relative to the Overthere.

FV is probably your best bet really. You can invis, so as long as you watch skeletons and use levitate and sow it shouldn't be too dangerous. Go from WW to LoIo to FV.

There's probably some neutral NPC vendor in a nearby zone I don't know about though, I'm no expert on Kunark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I'm rolling a monk as my 2nd character on red. I have always loved monks. A cool goon hooked it up with a Bo Stick. Should I just train tailoring to eventually make myself some cured silk? I dunno what other gear I could scrounge up for cheap.