Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Is Aspergers coming back into the game in some shape or form. I recall some of the very first gameplay footage, possibly from the initial kickstarter video, had "STATUS: NEUROTYPICAL" on the screen, but that might have been completely removed in the intervening years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
a affix that makes the gun's rate of fire keep tempo with the in game music

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Freakazoid_ posted:

Objectivist/of the Rand: Will only breed with a gun superior to it

Throwing this some heavy support, and as a Kickstarter backer I basically own you and your time, I'm a customer and you have to do what I say :argh: etc.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

a gun affix that when equipped rebinds every keyboard command to be where the key would be on a dvorak keyboard. ie q becomes x w is ,

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Gun of Orton - swerves around to R K O outta nowhere
Gun of Cena - invincibility frames when shooting
Gun of Morgellons - damage per shot up, tiny chance per individual bullet fired of some nasty status effect. Good for shotty... risky for MG...

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

a affix that changes targeting to typing of the dead style where you have to spell a word per shot per enemy, but all of the words are dumb made up bullshit instead of real words

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Snail Zaub - stacking slow on enemy

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

jsoh posted:

a affix that changes targeting to typing of the dead style where you have to spell a word per shot per enemy, but all of the words are dumb made up bullshit instead of real words

Or in Al Bhed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

jsoh posted:

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Musical guns?
An affix where if you shoot the gun to a certain rhythm/tempo it does more damage?? Or when played right maybe has a different effect, like healing you? It can be compounded easily

How's that?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

As a paid up backer I put my weight behind objectivist and homosexual gun's.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Truecon420 posted:

Musical guns?
An affix where if you shoot the gun to a certain rhythm/tempo it does more damage?? Or when played right maybe has a different effect, like healing you? It can be compounded easily

How's that?
There's some kind of rhythm mechanic already iirc

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
May I have a gun that is actually a fleshlight please

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Will there be a dumbstep gun?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

kikkelivelho posted:

Hopefully this game comes out soon so we can replace the "x is canon" joke with a slightly newer meme.

It's going to be like Portal 2 where the developers go out of their way to avoid encouraging all the lovely memes people latched onto from the first game only to have gamers cling to some tiny throw-away gag like the combustible lemons monologue because they're terrible.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Please don't use guns with apostrophe meme. It's so tired now.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

CharlesM posted:

You are a monster and I have no idea what you're talking about

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

CharlesM posted:

Look at this false doom-murderhead right here.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

gay gun's should come with a stats boost though so you arent just throwing away all your gay gun's you'll be like "oh poo poo homosexual gatling gun of the mongoose" or maybe they can only breed with guns of the same type

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The night of a thousand low-effort shitposts is upon us again...

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I love the idea for the "Ironic" affix that does nothing. It should still have all the visual effects of the other affixes but works just like an unmodified gun's.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
We need to have a bunch of meme references that wouldn't have been funny even if they were current. Maybe a "Le" prefix, that pastes rage faces on enemies. Or an Awkward gun with a rare proc that causes an enemy to turn into a fleeing penguin.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Gun's of Biotruths: Applies damage on a bell curve, but the bell curve is lower if the target is a Dueregar.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Anti-personnel - Only hurts enemies it doesn't hit

Chain reaction - Bullets stay inside enemy, shoots out twice as many in random direction when enemy dies. Tweak the multiplication numbers and explosion delay so that it's weak unless you have enough densely packed enemies to reach critical mass.

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 11, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you know everything "funny" aint a meme. gun's aint a meme it's what they're called in the game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MasterSlowPoke posted:

We need to have a bunch of meme references that wouldn't have been funny even if they were current. Maybe a "Le" prefix, that pastes rage faces on enemies. Or an Awkward gun with a rare proc that causes an enemy to turn into a fleeing penguin.

borderlands already exists.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
do a guns that shoots only backwards and call it retarte`

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Will gun's breeding involve punnet squares?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gortarius posted:

Working on Affixes. There is still some vacancies. Let me know if you got any good ones. Effect and all.

Anti-vaxxer. Bio damage, breaks faster.

I am not very good at this.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Chocolate - less damage but restores health on hit.
American - causes an explosion of flags on hit, more ammo intensive.
Yo-yo- makes enemies wobble back and forth and slows movement.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Lurdiak posted:

Anti-vaxxer. Bio damage, breaks faster.

I am not very good at this.

You have the Asperger's as long as you have the gun out.

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011
Rewinding - Clip starts empty, bullets fly in off-screen and back into the gun. Reload when clip is full.
Premature - Starts firing when you look near an enemy
ProGamer - Does more damage the more 360s you do before firing.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Airstrike - Calls a miniature jet plane that does a strafing run at target location.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Holepunchio posted:

Rewinding - Clip starts empty, bullets fly in off-screen and back into the gun. Reload when clip is full.
This one is the best so far

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Should only replenish ammo if it actually hit an enemy and gave it health.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Hep. we just posted up a new update!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/1349881
A little Pax Debrief, written by Bhroom.

I'm also preparing a little debrief too, it'll probably look a lot like that post I made here a few days ago, with a few screenshots and some more detail.
Will probably be exclusive to the Fancy Backers tho. So you lucky goons got an exclusive peek!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Holepunchio posted:

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

This one is the best so far

:agreed:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Hep. we just posted up a new update!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/1349881
A little Pax Debrief, written by Bhroom.

I'm also preparing a little debrief too, it'll probably look a lot like that post I made here a few days ago, with a few screenshots and some more detail.
Will probably be exclusive to the Fancy Backers tho. So you lucky goons got an exclusive peek!

That update is really good, really interesting, and has me really excited. It seriously has put me in a real good mood.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Rebounder - each bullet bounces off and hits a nearby creature for minor damage, possibly the shooter if close enough
Hot Shotter - each shell/bullet casing explodes or catches fire after being fired, near the shooter's feet. Dangerous if fired while stationary, but good if being chased
Clinger Winger - bullets become sticky and latch onto target, and deal their damage over time
Homeward Bounded - missed shots return in the direction they were fired when they don't hit an enemy, having a second chance to hit the enemy but also the shooter
Scorpion - Each hit has a chance to pull the target closer and disorient briefly
Scanner - have a chance to see the target's thoughts (completely useless in-game)
Condenser - The longer the gun is fired continuously, the faster the rate of fire, but the damage is proportionally lowered, reset on reload
HoloDuke - Create a decoy at the shooter's location
Two-faced - Using twice the ammo, fires to the left and right simultaneously
Miasmarred - Each hit release a damage over time cloud instead of direct damage
Fibromyalgia - Give the target and shooter damage frames on hit
Command Liner - shots form an impassable barrier briefly

Holepunchio posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The Promise... has been Kept.

Please let us see a holidayze release.