Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

What kind of sick gently caress would change the design on the Fast & Furious Supra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the ford gt is a real beast. pulled a 1:15 or so standing start on top gear without even really trying. I've got a 1:13.725 on it in rivals mode

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hate you all cuz I'm stuck at work stone cold sober with no Forza.

4 more hours

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yaaa that rain is wonderfully conceived. The puddles are destructive. At first, I was skeptical of them being constant, but that makes sense considering Turn 10 referenced those tracks in the wet. Puddles form in those spots for a reason, so their positioning wouldn't change much on any given rainy day. Excellent sound effects too.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

:lads: :SAEG: :euro: :rain: :broken britain: :1980s: :thatcher:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I made a replica paint scheme for the F&F Corvette earlier today.

Turned on the game just now to see that I had earned 263,000 credits since then :stonk:

This game throws money at you basically.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'm lamenting having to spend money on shipping my car across the country right now rather than on this game and an Xbone. Oh well, I guess.

I just want to drive Watkins Glen :smith:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cubey posted:

I'm lamenting having to spend money on shipping my car across the country right now rather than on this game and an Xbone. Oh well, I guess.

I just want to drive Watkins Glen :smith:

I'll totally deliver your car to you.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ha there's an E class now, didn't even realize that. Looks like I have a new favorite class :getin:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

ethanol posted:

Ha there's an E class now, didn't even realize that. Looks like I have a new favorite class :getin:

I just made an E Class GMC Vandura with an Iron Maiden paint job.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

it's me

i'm that guy

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

lol

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

E game doesn't recognize my wheel at all. :(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm finding Forza 6 to be utterly difficult to drive well in compared to pcars. I wonder how much of that is due to the Xbox controller versus the ps4 one. Seriously. I can't keep a tidy line to save my life.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Leather Bear posted:

I'm finding Forza 6 to be utterly difficult to drive well in compared to pcars. I wonder how much of that is due to the Xbox controller versus the ps4 one. Seriously. I can't keep a tidy line to save my life.

I said gently caress it and turned off simulation steering since I'm using a gamepad and always will be. Life got much better.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Leather Bear posted:

Dunno man. I found Project Cars with a controller to be a massive pain in the dick. Forza feels like Forza still to me. Easy to drive with a bonetroller.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TheScott2K posted:

I said gently caress it and turned off simulation steering since I'm using a gamepad and always will be. Life got much better.

On normal. What's your deadzone settings at? I've got mine to 5 and 100.

Norns posted:

Dunno man. I found Project Cars with a controller to be a massive pain in the dick. Forza feels like Forza still to me. Easy to drive with a bonetroller.

See I found PCARS to handle utterly intuitively. Everything felt very connected and communicated. Forza's handles like a the tires are barely touching the surface.

edit: not arguing about realism here.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

my biggest gripe with pcars is the controller. feels completely off and rumble barely translates at all. still playable but forza is 10x better to me

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've had to adjust some stuff with the GT. Playing around with brake bias seemed to help. I tend to play with bias towards the rear, which ended up making the GT goddamn twitchy under braking.

These games respond to car tuning in different ways. Only the broad strokes carry over.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah pcars is really a wheel game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's funny how we all feel so differently about these games. I thought PCARS was sublime on a pad.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Finally got my game working around noon. Went back at it after work. :iia:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

The Top Gear Truck challenge is probably the best thing ever put in a video game.

EDIT: I'm a bit confused at the Career mode...I have to do FIFTEEN series of races before I move on??

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 11, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Finally home from work at 8pm. Let's do this!

(Are we doing multiplayer tonight?)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

my internet is being kind of weird - thanks to my new comcast

but i'll dice race

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Finally home from work at 8pm. Let's do this!

(Are we doing multiplayer tonight?)

Your drivatar is already wrecking into Howdy and sending him into the wall.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I've never raced with you guys (maybe back in Forza 4 I don't remember) and I can't find my microphone cable for my headset. But I would be down for some dice racing tonight. Gamertag - WisePrey

Also I got one of the rare dare packs and the Setback card, starting in 22nd position is pretty fun, the starts with drivatars are somehow worse than multiplayer.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

geeves posted:

They've cranked the realism up to 11!!

God drat, this game is really good. The VIP Rivals event with the Veneo on Spa at Night is really good.

tupacalypse posted:

My gt: CaptainSpeed999
Not sure if I'll be on tonight

Comrade Flynn posted:

Can't find some of you. Try adding my GT: Comrade Flynn
Added both of you.

I'm definitely up for some dice racing tonight. If someone starts up a lobby send me an invite

GT: whatcubed3

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't blame me for it after.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Did you guys notice the drivatard agression setting?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
New headline:
24 player grids. Capt. Howdy still the unpredictable driver.

100% true.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dr. Faustus posted:

The passive aggressiveness in your posts are amazing. Holy poo poo you're annoying.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

:allears:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
After spending 5 hours troubleshooting, I finally got the Fanatec Clubsport to work. Can't say I enjoyed the experience, but holy fuckballs what a great way to play once it's working.

Gamer tag is drgitlin, but I won't be around much for the next week and a half (get to drive a real Huracan for a few days and then down to COTA for the new TT launch so feel free to hate me).

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

The passive aggressiveness in your posts are amazing. Holy poo poo you're annoying.
There was nothing passive about my aggression in that post.

You. You are a oval office. Ok? We straight, oval office? oval office.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

drgitlin posted:

After spending 5 hours troubleshooting, I finally got the Fanatec Clubsport to work. Can't say I enjoyed the experience, but holy fuckballs what a great way to play once it's working.

Gamer tag is drgitlin, but I won't be around much for the next week and a half (get to drive a real Huracan for a few days and then down to COTA for the new TT launch so feel free to hate me).

Weird. I plugged mine in and everything worked fine (Updated the firmware/drivers first).

I just uploaded a livery for the Mini Cooper, everyone should go uprate it so I get a billion credits for doing nothing but uploading something on the first day.
I tagged it "Mini Cooper Classic Rally Gold British Livery"

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

There was nothing passive about my aggression in that post.

You. You are a oval office. Ok? We straight, oval office? oval office.

Gettin' mad at videogame racin'.

EDIT: It seems my Kinect mic isn't working. I can hear you idiots though.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 11, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

You shouldn't have dressed so sexy :colbert:

jabro posted:

:lol:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Comrade Flynn posted:

Gettin' mad at videogame racin'.

EDIT: It seems my Kinect mic isn't working. I can hear you idiots though.
Sorry, you missed the time when I took these pictures for Ether Frenzy. I'm not mad that you're a stupid rear end oval office face. I'm angry that you don't know how much I love Ether Frenzy for being a good racer and an overall good man.

02/11/2014: GRC racing at Catalunta School. Not something you'd know about, without me telling you.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I've never raced with you guys (maybe back in Forza 4 I don't remember) and I can't find my microphone cable for my headset. But I would be down for some dice racing tonight. Gamertag - WisePrey

Also I got one of the rare dare packs and the Setback card, starting in 22nd position is pretty fun, the starts with drivatars are somehow worse than multiplayer.

gently caress I'm an idiot my gamertag is wise prey. Space is important lol.

• Locked thread