Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Eej posted:

A3S is so unfun that it is going back and poisoning the entire HW experience for me.

Honestly I feel like I'm fighting the game's engine issues itself instead of the boss half the time in A3S, and that's a pretty bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Allaganware

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

An Allagan made laptop would probably run off the tears of children.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The Tears of Lalafell children.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EponymousMrYar posted:

The souls of Lalafell children.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

Lalafell children.

That seems redundant.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

Lalafell children.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Dr Pepper posted:

An Allagan made laptop would probably run off the tears souls burning flesh of children Lalafells.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It wouldn't matter what it ran on because all that'd matter is that I'd be turning in a dumptruck of them to Rowena so that I could purchase another hat with a bunch of rotating cogs and a bell whistle on it or some bullshit garbage.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

EponymousMrYar posted:

The Tears of Lalafell children.

Worse, Meracydian children. Tortured endlessly in stasis.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Intoluene posted:

pocket dragon battery

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Vermain posted:

It wouldn't matter what it ran on because all that'd matter is that I'd be turning in a dumptruck of them to Rowena so that I could purchase another hat with a bunch of rotating cogs and a bell whistle on it or some bullshit garbage.

My uncle works at SE and he sent me a picture of an i220 hat

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Intoluene posted:

What's going on with Meracydia anyway? All I remember is that there's a bunch of dragons there.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
ugh i want to deathflare people but my acn is like 24

should i just give up the dream

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Meracydia is a continent to the south that used to be inhabited by dragon people, until the Allagans conquered them and killed their ruler, Bahamut.

Apparently catgirls also originate from Meracydia.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Thumbtacks posted:

ugh i want to deathflare people but my acn is like 24

should i just give up the dream

Grind harder. Drink more.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
actually i just moved into my new house and i'm basically alone for two weeks until school starts

i'm gonna go buy alcohol tomorrow and figure out some sort of leveling drinking game that will be fun without killing me

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Every time you bane, take a shot

Take a sip of water every time you use aetherflow

Every time you have to rez a party member because the healer is a dumb, finish your drink

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
isn't that three shots for every sip of water

i'm gonna die

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
welcome to levelling arcanist

until you get scholar anyway

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

You don't get Bane until you're 30 at least, drink a lot of water for the Arcanist period.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
maybe i'll just play warrior and see how many times i can jerk off in one day

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

Meracydia is a continent to the south that used to be inhabited by dragon people, until the Allagans conquered them and killed their ruler, Bahamut.

Apparently catgirls also originate from Meracydia.

Then afterwards, Tiamat was approached by the Ascians and told of a way to bring back Bahamut as a Primal. Who was now filled with rage and NOT the man-dragon that Tiamat loved. Bahamut, the elder primal was captured, put in to Dalamud as a power source for the Crystal Tower and then the Meracydian dragons were enslaved and tortured so they would keep praying to Bahamut.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
doesn't that make xande the real rear end in a top hat

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thumbtacks posted:

maybe i'll just play warrior and see how many times i can jerk off in one day

Roughly every 23 seconds, or sooner depending on your refractory period and/or cooldowns.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Intoluene posted:

some pretty big spoilers

Are we still doing spoiler tags for HW stuff? Because I think this is a pretty major one. (I mean, I didn't get spoiled because I beat HW like a week after it came out, but.)

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Thumbtacks posted:

doesn't that make xande the real rear end in a top hat

The most important lesson you will learn in FFXIV, is that the Allagans suck and were terrible people. At least, most of their rulers that we know of. I guess we can also assume that basically every scientist that worked for them would have been at home working for Umbrella Corp as well.

Ethics? What are those?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Roughly every 23 seconds, or sooner depending on your refractory period and/or cooldowns.

that can't possibly be right

isn't the world record like 24 in a day

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

vOv posted:

Are we still doing spoiler tags for HW stuff? Because I think this is a pretty major one. (I mean, I didn't get spoiled because I beat HW like a week after it came out, but.)

HW has been out for 3 months come on now

and tiamat isnt even loving relevant to anything that matters

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I hope Tiamat gets some more screentime in the 3.x storyline. She's such an interesting character and set piece to just be forgotten about and not used save for the last 5 minutes of the 3.0 story. That said I think the same thing about Azys Lla :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Azys Lla is so underused I practically guarantee we're going to get more stuff to do there. You've got prime stuff for two or more raids (the Imperial doomship Gration and the Warring Triad) there's the whole Ixal crafter angle HW style, space for 3-5 more dungeons in buildings that have unique names but are empty/cannot be entered (Habisphere, Quarantine Block, Last Remnant etc.)

There's a lot there.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

Azys Lla is so underused I practically guarantee we're going to get more stuff to do there. You've got prime stuff for two or more raids (the Imperial doomship Gration and the Warring Triad) there's the whole Ixal crafter angle HW style, space for 3-5 more dungeons in buildings that have unique names but are empty/cannot be entered (Habisphere, Quarantine Block, Last Remnant etc.)

There's a lot there.

I'm pretty sure they've explicitly said that the reason the HW zones are so huge is so they can put more stuff there.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
For those of you brickwalling at A3S, enjoy it while it lasts. A4S is not fun. Especially quarantine. :suicide:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

HiKaizer posted:

The most important lesson you will learn in FFXIV, is that the Allagans suck and were terrible people. At least, most of their rulers that we know of. I guess we can also assume that basically every scientist that worked for them would have been at home working for Umbrella Corp as well.

Ethics? What are those?

the best part is the biohazard mobs in the one section of the ARF. when you kill them they say things like 'it hurts' and 'aughh' and 'make it stop' and stuff along those lines. umbrella to tha maxXx

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

vOv posted:

Honestly, this isn't big spoilers. Most of it was Final Coil of Bahamut, in fact.

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Axle_Stukov posted:

Honestly I feel like I'm fighting the game's engine issues itself instead of the boss half the time in A3S, and that's a pretty bad thing.

We had a bunch of issues like this, exacerbated by being an EU group (with a member in Australia). You can negate those issues somewhat by putting rules in place for the more finicky mechanics. For the first Digi following Washaway, we found having assigned spots for handover of the debuffs, specific communication and even a movement order cleared up a lot of problems. Those rules ensured our two DPS handover spots would always have a healer in and a third spot would always have a debuffed tank in it. And if you get to that spot first, don't move as the second person is coming in. If you have a tether on you during Tornados, don't move left or right at all as the pick up is coming, just move backward to the edge of the arena. It's the lateral movement of tether and tank that causes it not to pass. In the final phases, make sure you have assigned spots to be when the Digis go out, so your healers and the spare DPS know exactly where to go, have a clear path to pick up and that only one person is moving for each hand over. Getting through the fight was really about micro'd routine, good coms and risk reduction.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think A3S is pretty fun so far. My group seems to enjoy it and we've made killer progress in pretty short order.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

It sounded like Bahamut had died prior to the Allagan invasion and the Ascians tricked them into summoning eikon Bahamut as a last-ditch effort to repel them.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Yeah, Bahamut is like Good King Moggle Mog or Shiva. They summoned a myth of a real person dragon, which is why Tiamat was so upset because she thought it'd be the real deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm upset that goons are no longer willing to do Alex runs for those of us late to the party. What the hell else are you doing?

Re: Allag talk, I hope we get an Allag version of Shinra Tower (complete with back stairway that takes 10 minutes to climb and lets you skip all of one pull). Plus I can totally see this guy working for the Allagan Empire:

• Locked thread