Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Kinda wished all classes got a minor movement boost per level, going fast is fun and its the drat medics/zerkers hogging it all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Drakes posted:

Kinda wished all classes got a minor movement boost per level, going fast is fun and its the drat medics/zerkers hogging it all!

The best part is overtaking people trying to run for ground ammo.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
I loving love demo once you get going, and if you're smart you can basically take down Scrakes and even Fleshpounds with very little effort, but god why must I be completely useless against Hans? Could they possibly reduce his explosive resistance? Speaking of Hans, how on God's green earth are you supposed to survive his frenzy of claw attacks? Be a berserker with 200 HP and armor? Block him? I don't even think that would work if his claws are all red, since you still take full damage if what the hint screen says is true. The only time I've ever seen a medic keep someone alive through it was when he targeted a berserker.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Rayjenkins posted:

Block him? I don't even think that would work if his claws are all red, since you still take full damage if what the hint screen says is true.

Blocking does seem to reduce the damage. You just can't parry those attacks to any effect.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Drakes posted:

You should try an rpg server on hell on earth. You start at 0 and get points per level to spend wherever you want. The level cap is 120 or so and you're godlike at around 100.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

A few things I noticed in the server browser:

There should be a little "X" to exit out of the server filter menu here:

Currently, if you click "Filter", the only way out is to press either "Reset" or "Apply." There's also no way to filter by Ranked (i.e., where your progress towards perks actually matters)

Being able to load more than 1000 servers at a time is great! However:

If you want to manually stop loading them, there is no option. You have to wait until all 3,000+ servers are loaded to be able to list them properly. Being able to stop this from updating after a certain point would be nice!

A scroll bar on the right here for servers with a TON of custom maps would be great. Clicking down a bunch of times is just annoying:

That's it for now :3

The first is a conscious decision; people were getting confused about whether the X would apply the filters or not, so now you always have to apply the filters to close the menu. I'll pass the filter by ranked along, that might be a backend thing so I can't speak to that. The third (no scrollbar) is a legit bug, and I'll pass that along.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
there are people posting in this thread right now who play as the knight and don't use ye sunglasses

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Ramsus posted:

You should try an rpg server on hell on earth. You start at 0 and get points per level to spend wherever you want. The level cap is 120 or so and you're godlike at around 100.

That sounds incredible.

Is there a directory somewhere of things I can search for to find maps that give you temporary level 25 on everything, or run RPG maps, or whatever?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ruggington posted:

Watching three berserkers knock down Hans and swarm in for an NWO beatdown is the funniest poo poo in the world

Holy gently caress I want either a Stone Cold Steve Austin skin or a Luchadore skin. Luchadore gets a folding chair, Steve Austin gets the Stone Cold Stunner

Magres fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 11, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Magres posted:

Holy gently caress I want either a Stone Cold Steve Austin skin or a Luchadore skin. Luchadore gets a folding chair, Steve Austin gets the Stone Cold Stunner

Would the Stone Cold Grenade button have a can of beer thrown into your hands?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

That sounds incredible.

Is there a directory somewhere of things I can search for to find maps that give you temporary level 25 on everything, or run RPG maps, or whatever?

Just search for servers on HOE difficulty and look for the ones that have large player caps. I think they run 12-25 players per server depending on the server. They have massive custom map lists.

Similar ones ran in KF1 that had things like sentry turrets you could build like in team fortress and additional enemies from things like DOOM, Dead Space and other custom ones. In fact it seems like the KF2 FP borrowed from the custom enemy called Brute in KF1 that had a knockback and would run with its arms guarding its face. People on the tripwire forums used to ask for it to be incorporated into the regular game.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Ramsus posted:

Just search for servers on HOE difficulty and look for the ones that have large player caps. I think they run 12-25 players per server depending on the server. They have massive custom map lists.

Similar ones ran in KF1 that had things like sentry turrets you could build like in team fortress and additional enemies from things like DOOM, Dead Space and other custom ones. In fact it seems like the KF2 FP borrowed from the custom enemy called Brute in KF1 that had a knockback and would run with its arms guarding its face. People on the tripwire forums used to ask for it to be incorporated into the regular game.

Is it possible to survive at level 0 in HOE?

I like that people are already modding the game to this extent. I can imagine really cool things in the future - placeable items, maybe? Zed radar, like the Husk gun in KF1? (that had the radar, right? one weapon did)

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
It's really rough at that level 0, but the first 10 levels go fast, and you just hide behind the high level guys.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Sounds fun. Want to group up and play on one of those sometime? I'm Symmetry.

e: I don't play KF2 on my account most of the time

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Thoughts on the nailgun?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Metrohunter posted:

there are people posting in this thread right now who play as the knight and don't use ye sunglasses

Such heresy!

Also, mod your bodies in the ini. Dropping to single digit fps isn't that bad when things look this good.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Thoughts on the nailgun?

Useful for tagging enemies for XP, stumbles big guys surprisingly well, and can chew through mobs with the multi-shot mode. Unfortunately not as useful anymore with the introduction of the Trenchgun since that does everything the Nailgun can but better, and as a zerk you only really need one big melee weapon so you'll usually have enough space for a Trenchgun or better.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The Nailgun is the On Perk "gently caress crawlers... Just.... gently caress crawlers" weapon. It's damage is pretty respectable though. I think even now that the combat shotgun has been up to 8 shells, the Nailgun still has more as much or more damage per clip (Well, BASE damage. Support doesn't get scaling bonus to nailguns).

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
People talk about going zwei + pulv on zerker to have an upper hand on both pounds and scrakes but I just can't do without the nailgun a lot of times. I mean sure, you can backpedal poke crawlers with the zwei, but you can still get hit if you're not careful and you're probably hosed if you back up until a wall while backpedaling, or worse, other zeds. It's just a big pain in the rear end to deal with whereas the nailgun copes with it very well, as well as clearing misc trash.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I understand that. But a lot of times I feel like switching weapons in this game takes forever.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also, the Nailgun is great for clearing Bloats heads. And like 5-7 trash along with them.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Ramsus posted:

I understand that. But a lot of times I feel like switching weapons in this game takes forever.

This. It's basically always faster, and thus more efficient, to just use whatever melee weapon I've got.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I really like the nailgun, its ricochet feature is very cool (even if it is very impractical). It hits hard, it's fairly accurate, and it's a solid gun that will never get in the way of carrying a big heavy melee weapon.

But on the other hand, it feels like a weapon nobody else ever uses. I used it a fair bit in my time as zerker before the overhaul, but post-overhaul melee has become so good that I don't think I've seen anyone use it since. The only weapon less common is the t3 combat shotgun, but the nailgun is much better than that gun and only t2 so it's a mystery to me. I guess it's just easier for a zerker to hope their allies will shoot all the crawlers and bloats that show up so they can just keep swinging their sword/bombhammer around all day instead of pulling out the nailgun.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Zerk with a zweihander and a microwave gun is just the tits.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
The basic evaluation of the nailgun is that few people use it but that's less because the nailgun is bad and more because the zwei and pulverizer are so good

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I'll buy it for the boss wave if I happen to have the spare cash. It's nice when you want to clear out the few clots that pop out.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
Speaking of super underused weapons, is the Eviscerator even worth using, or would you be better off with the Zweihander/Pulverizer for basically everything? Because I've had no problems at all doing Hard with those two. Sometimes I'll ditch the Pulv for the hotdog gun on Hans though.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Rayjenkins posted:

Speaking of super underused weapons, is the Eviscerator even worth using, or would you be better off with the Zweihander/Pulverizer for basically everything? Because I've had no problems at all doing Hard with those two. Sometimes I'll ditch the Pulv for the hotdog gun on Hans though.

I feel like the Eviscerator needs a serious ammo boost for how heavy it is.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
What loadouts do you use on supports when you move up from babby normal to hard? The few times I tried I ran with Boomstick+Medic pistol+AA12. Used the boomstick for trash and saved the AA12 for big baddies, but over all it felt akward, the boomstick sucked so hard if there was any range involved. Should I just use the AA12 more and whip out the boomstick for big groups?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

If you don't have the $$$ to buy more than one AA12 I'll usually just stick with boomstick/AA12, and try to save the AA12 for his 3rd/4th form. If you're point-blanking with the boomstick you're doing reasonable damage, and if you're playing with a decent group of people he'll be distracted by the zerker. I've only been burned a couple of times by the massive melee damage he dishes out but he rarely targets me, even if I am firing point blank boomstick shots. It feels like you're doing nothing with the pump shotgun so I just don't use it.

The few times Hans put me in his sights and tried to melee me the medic has been on point and just riddled me with needles. As long as you have a decent zerker and medic and know how to maneuver around the levels/obstacles you can get away from Hans and live without fail

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Rayjenkins posted:

I've used the Eviscerator a total of one time and found it really lacking compared to the other zerk weapons. The idea is great but I feel that its too bulky and you don't have enough saws to make it worth carrying.

The nail gun is fun to use and I've been off perking with it on Medic. Being able to switch between single fire and shotgun fire really helps with hordes at all ranges.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

gnome7 posted:

I really like the nailgun, its ricochet feature is very cool (even if it is very impractical). It hits hard, it's fairly accurate, and it's a solid gun that will never get in the way of carrying a big heavy melee weapon.

But on the other hand, it feels like a weapon nobody else ever uses. I used it a fair bit in my time as zerker before the overhaul, but post-overhaul melee has become so good that I don't think I've seen anyone use it since. The only weapon less common is the t3 combat shotgun, but the nailgun is much better than that gun and only t2 so it's a mystery to me. I guess it's just easier for a zerker to hope their allies will shoot all the crawlers and bloats that show up so they can just keep swinging their sword/bombhammer around all day instead of pulling out the nailgun.

I'd say people don't use it cause people play zerker to play melee, not to play combined arms.

A combined arms oriented class that comes with faster weapon switching or a melee weapon with a ranged secondary (ie instead of bombhammer, shotgunhammer) would be really cool though! I will hate you people to death if anyone says gunblades or anything about Final Fantasy though :mad:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

I've used the Eviscerator a total of one time and found it really lacking compared to the other zerk weapons. The idea is great but I feel that its too bulky and you don't have enough saws to make it worth carrying.

The nail gun is fun to use and I've been off perking with it on Medic. Being able to switch between single fire and shotgun fire really helps with hordes at all ranges.

Yeah, taken on its own the Eviscerator is pretty nice for cutting wide swathes into groups of trash as well as stunning/dispatching scrakes. But the thing is that the Zweihänder and Pulveriser do that pretty much just as well, and they're not dependent on ammo to function. Not to mention cheaper and lighter as well.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
The Pulveriser needs ammo in order for alt-fire to reach it's potential. :v:

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
will the perks and exp be reset after early access ends?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Magres posted:

I'd say people don't use it cause people play zerker to play melee, not to play combined arms.

A combined arms oriented class that comes with faster weapon switching or a melee weapon with a ranged secondary (ie instead of bombhammer, shotgunhammer) would be really cool though! I will hate you people to death if anyone says gunblades or anything about Final Fantasy though :mad:

Shotgunhammer would completely rule and I'd be all for the class becoming that. Technically the eviscerator is the ranged melee but the fact it doesn't use the really good swing/combo mechanics the other melee weapons do really limits it. Also it has ammo for melee attacks which is a weird drawback to give it when it is already too heavy to take with a pulverizer or a zweihander.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

will the perks and exp be reset after early access ends?

No.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
r u sure

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Game is great so far. I like being able to level up all the classes just by playing, instead of farming door welds and invisible chicks, which kept me from getting really into the first game.

I did find one bug. Someone started a kick vote right as the last player died, and it made me unable to click on anything in any of the menus.

So I'm assuming that the weak spots for skrakes and flesh pounds are the head, and for the doctor, the glowing spot on his chest. Do I have that right? Or are the other glowing bits also weak spots?