Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Your Gay Uncle posted:

It makes perfect sense he would do this because he was a terrible cop. All he really did was beat people up for Frank ot cover poo poo up for his bosses. He probably hasn't had to to do any actual police work in years so him going into a crime scene alone isn't that crazy. Also he was working for Frank trying to find Casper's money, if other cops were there and he found something he wouldn't have been able to steal it.

Yeah his whole deal at that point is trying to find a hard drive before the other cops while getting super drunk and making poor decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Watching Jurassic World and I find it hard to believe that the older kid who failed his drivers test knows how to drive stick.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Nightcrawler:

Where do I even start? This has to be the worst MCU movie made yet. His name isn't even Kurt, he doesn't teleport and he isn't a gymnast. He's just some guy who films crime scenes. Was this like a prequel to an origin story? It doesn't mention any other movie in the MCU, there was no mid credits or end credits stinger and as far as I can tell no one has any sort of mutant power. I can't help but feel the SJW's have something to do with this. Also his costume was loving terrible. Keep Jake Gyllenhall out of the MCU please Marvel.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Nightcrawler:

Where do I even start? This has to be the worst MCU movie made yet. His name isn't even Kurt, he doesn't teleport and he isn't a gymnast. He's just some guy who films crime scenes. Was this like a prequel to an origin story? It doesn't mention any other movie in the MCU, there was no mid credits or end credits stinger and as far as I can tell no one has any sort of mutant power. I can't help but feel the SJW's have something to do with this. Also his costume was loving terrible. Keep Jake Gyllenhall out of the MCU please Marvel.

:lol:

Source your quotes.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Nightcrawler:

His Slavic accent is for poo poo as well.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Nightcrawler:

In the sequel he's a boxer? The gently caress is this poo poo//////

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rejutka posted:

In the sequel he's a boxer? The gently caress is this poo poo//////

it's even worse than that solo Iceman movie where they took away all his ice powers and turned him into some kind of mafia hitman. I'm sick of all these dark and gritty remakes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah his whole deal at that point is trying to find a hard drive before the other cops while getting super drunk and making poor decisions.

I want to echo what the others and say, yeah, terrible cop doesn't act like a supercop is not something that should piss you off, it's part of the story.

Also Woodrugh was good at making traffic stops and riding a motorcycle. He's terrible at everything else. He knew it and spent the whole season just trying to get back to the job he was good at, that was his whole motivation for everything.

The whole task force that is the main characters of season 2 is not composed of good cops chosen because they are super badasses, it's broken people who higher authorities believe they can manipulate for their own ends. Nothing ever shows they are spectacular at their jobs. One gets things done because he has an inside source of info, the other because she has childhood trauma, and the other because he hates who he actually is. They all actually suck quite a lot and I think that's the point of a lot of what happens.

I also don't think anything I've said is a direct spoiler.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
That Red Dawn movie pissed me off. I mean, not a single one of those Wolverines bothered to use their adamantium claws and a bunch of them died from mere bullet wounds, which as we all know would heal nearly instantly with a proper healing factor.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Screaming Idiot posted:

That Red Dawn movie pissed me off. I mean, not a single one of those Wolverines bothered to use their adamantium claws and a bunch of them died from mere bullet wounds, which as we all know would heal nearly instantly with a proper healing factor.

My irrational irritation is that people think the original Red Dawn is a good movie.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pook Good Mook posted:

My irrational irritation is that people think the original Red Dawn is a good movie.

Swaze, that is all.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

sharktamer posted:

Oh poo poo, I meant Deadpool.

Did you see the same trailer I did? :psyduck:

"You look like Freddy Kreuger facefucked a topographical map of Utah" so grimdark, yes, indeed.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Pixeltendo posted:

Crime TV shows that never bring backup for the important bits.

I've seen it happen in plenty of CSI episodes, whenever they finally track the real bad guy down it's always one or two people who will be on the scene.

But whenever it's a herring they always bring a drat platoon of people.

Also, in the show Criminal minds, 80% of the time the show is in a world where nobody has decent lightning, like everything is dark and nobody turns a drat light on.

It's funny that the csi pilot goes the other way on this and has one of the csi's get killed by a suspect that was hiding in the scene they were processing. Because later on every csi is carrying a gun and showing up to serve warrants.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Polaron posted:

Did you see the same trailer I did? :psyduck:

"You look like Freddy Kreuger facefucked a topographical map of Utah" so grimdark, yes, indeed.

Ah whatever. Grimdark or not it's gonna loving suck anyway.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sharktamer posted:

Ah whatever. Grimdark or not it's gonna loving suck anyway.

It won't make you love Deadpool if you didn't already, but it doesn't look bad either.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I just love the idea that something is grimdark because it has radical flips. Game of Thrones is all about mad gymnastics.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Who What Now posted:

It won't make you love Deadpool if you didn't already, but it doesn't look bad either.

I'm just waiting for the TJ Miller bits to show up on YouTube.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"Get out of here, I'll hold them off!"

Person stands there for the entire fight, watches other person die, yells "NO!", entire army or giant monster or whatever notices them and chases, barely makes it out alive.

Way to honor that sacrifice, prick.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Len posted:

Watching Jurassic World and I find it hard to believe that the older kid who failed his drivers test knows how to drive stick.

It's surprising what can cause you to fail a drivers test. The testing people can be incredible hard-asses.

I started driving farm equipment when I was around 10, started driving cars and trucks on the road when I was 14, all with manual transmissions. I drove every chance I got after I got my learners permit. I practiced the items on the test before taking it and I took the test in a car with a manual transmission.

I didn't pass the first time. My parallel parking was too far from the curb and I automatically failed. They didn't give you a second try on any of the various tests.

I passed just fine when they let me re-take a month later. It's a silly system. My brother is a great driver and he failed twice.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

mostlygray posted:

It's surprising what can cause you to fail a drivers test. The testing people can be incredible hard-asses.

I started driving farm equipment when I was around 10, started driving cars and trucks on the road when I was 14, all with manual transmissions. I drove every chance I got after I got my learners permit. I practiced the items on the test before taking it and I took the test in a car with a manual transmission.

I didn't pass the first time. My parallel parking was too far from the curb and I automatically failed. They didn't give you a second try on any of the various tests.

I passed just fine when they let me re-take a month later. It's a silly system. My brother is a great driver and he failed twice.

The followup point is that the kid is probably what 17? From most likely an upper middle class home in America. I doubt his family had a manual car.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Len posted:

The followup point is that the kid is probably what 17? From most likely an upper middle class home in America. I doubt his family had a manual car.

Dad's midlife crisis penis enhancer is probably a manual.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

They might have if they live where it ever snows

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I hate how in the superman movie everyone was trying to hide from a tornado under an overpass :wtc:. That's literally the worst place you could possibly go.

It would have been a better movie if the twist was that daddy kent, supes, and the dog were the only survivors after that idiotic decision. At least then supes would have a traumatic reason to avoid helping people.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Tunicate posted:

I hate how in the superman movie everyone was trying to hide from a tornado under an overpass :wtc:. That's literally the worst place you could possibly go
I live in north Texas, and I was always told as a kid that if you encounter a tornado while in a car, it's safest to hide under an overpass. I Googled it after reading your post, and sure enough, that's a myth, it's not safe at all. What the gently caress, I'm pretty sure I had teachers tell me that.

Luckily I've never actually seen a tornado in person my whole life.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My uncle always told me to get behind the tornado because it can't see you back there.

He was killed by a tornado

Shot to death by one.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, I think the general idea is that at least under an overpass you feel like you have some sort of shelter. IIRC you are supposed to find a ditch or something to lay in.

Guess maybe it'll save you from wind debris if it doesn't drop that overpass on you in the meantime.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Yea, I think the general idea is that at least under an overpass you feel like you have some sort of shelter. IIRC you are supposed to find a ditch or something to lay in.

Guess maybe it'll save you from wind debris if it doesn't drop that overpass on you in the meantime.

The problem is the overpass is like a giant funnel for winds, making them even faster and more dangerous.

But yeah that means this movie might end up actually killing someone.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Sep 14, 2015

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oldpainless posted:

My uncle always told me to get behind the tornado because it can't see you back there.

He was killed by a tornado

Shot to death by one.

That's a myth, tornadoes can see behind themselves just fine.
They just can't look up.

So if you're being chased by a tornado, climb a tree or something.
Eventually it will lose interest and leave.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Now I'm curious. Why's an overpass bad? Seems like it would at least keep you from getting nailed by a flying cow or something.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

QUACKTASTIC posted:

That's a myth, tornadoes can see behind themselves just fine.
They just can't look up.

So if you're being chased by a tornado, climb a tree or something.
Eventually it will lose interest and leave.

Baloney. A tornado's sense of smell is 200x stronger than a dog's.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Centripetal Horse posted:

Gawd, everyone knows tornados can't see you if you don't move, so you're just supposed to stand really still.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This isn't irritating but it amuses me when children's movies use inappropriate songs for advertising and in the movie.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Gaunab posted:

This isn't irritating but it amuses me when children's movies use inappropriate songs for advertising and in the movie.

Like "Shut up and Drive" in Wreck it Ralph?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Centripetal Horse posted:

They can't smell up either.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gaunab posted:

I wish I had some examples of this but all I have is going over to my parents for dinner and cards and they play the oldies cable channel and every other song is about drugs and old dudes hooking up with young girls and they just hum along.

I've long since given up trying to explain it to them because I'm Debbie Downer if I try to get them to listen to Brown Sugar or Young Girl (get out of my mind, my love for you is way out of line, better run girl...) and actually hear the words.

Most people ignore lyrics and listen to the tune, afaict.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Dr_Amazing posted:

Now I'm curious. Why's an overpass bad? Seems like it would at least keep you from getting nailed by a flying cow or something.

Its because it makes the flying cows more deadly. The overpass can cause a wind tunnel effect making winds (and the flying debris) move even faster.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Like Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind for the Tigger Movie.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Len posted:

Fair point. No one under 30 knows how to drive a manual anymore.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
didn't he and his brother work on cars at like their grandpa's farm or somthing? he probably learned there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

mostlygray posted:

Fair point. No one under 30 knows how to drive a manual anymore.

I sold a car to a Polish guy who told me he was buying it for his younger brother. I said, "Your younger brother can drive a manual?" He said, "In Poland, no one has automatics." That kind of blew my mind. I'm a shade under 40, and even in my age bracket, at least 75% of my acquaintances cannot drive stick.