Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

mrkillboy posted:

I wonder if this also means if a westward journey is also possible/worthwhile. Was it possible in the original game?

It is not possible in the original, but near the end of the journey you can bump into a German valet and his English master who are trying to do it for a bet. You can then proceed to give them advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
I hope they adjust some of the pacific travel times.

I'd always hit the east coast of Asia / Australasia around day 45-50 and then waste 20 days hopping across the pacific with very little story told, then have zero time to gently caress around in the Americas.

Maybe they could add in a 'difficulty' setting to knock X days off of some journeys or add X days depending on whether you go easy or hard.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

EvilElmo posted:

Cartel created. Fleet Enemas. Join. Say something goony when you join and I'll accept.

Got a friend of mine joining as Bubbles Fett,.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

EvilElmo posted:

Cartel created. Fleet Enemas. Join. Say something goony when you join and I'll accept.

Joining as Maximus Oonkapi. No clever name, just used a random name generator.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

EvilElmo posted:

Joined as Arbetor.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

EvilElmo posted:

Applied as Donut Holschtein

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Is anybody still playing Shop Heroes? Goontown is feeling very empty.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Thideras and I am for sure, We can invite you to a busier town if the goon towns are already dead.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Deki posted:

Thideras and I am for sure, We can invite you to a busier town if the goon towns are already dead.

Yes please. Username is radiationcow#29193.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Uprising talk:

ijii helped me out with some co-op missions last night. It turns out if you use a Bacta tank without the other coop player(s) nearby it will be used up and they will not get any effect. So don't be a Bacta hog, let your coop friends use it too!

EvilElmo posted:

EvilElmo I vouch for Tibberus Farlo. Thanks!

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
Applied to the cartel as get shrekt

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Applied to cartel as Large Potato

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Heads up for UK goons; visiting Tesco is a great way to trigger a survey.

Every time I've visited the local tesco I've got a survey asking about it.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I don't really get why the skill system is the way it is in Uprising - higher tier skills are straight upgrades, but they dont replace the lower tier skills so all the tier one skills I bought will just be there cluttering up my list forever even though there's no reason I would ever equip them. It also seems like you can just skip straight to buying the higher tiers without getting the lower one first?

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Applied to Fleet Enemas as Coldbird Orion

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
So i've been playing a bunch of a weird team building game called Magic Rush: Heroes. It's similar to games like Pocket Knights or Heroes Charge, except you have more control over aiming abilities.. and one of the game modes is Kingdom Rush :wtc:

It's definitely weird, but it's enjoyable if you're looking for something to scratch an itch along those lines. I'm on server 90, and if any of you guys want to try it out I can make a guild.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Radiation Cow posted:

Is anybody still playing Shop Heroes? Goontown is feeling very empty.

Is it literally Goon Town or Vangoon?

Malek fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 12, 2015

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
Loving Poker Heroes so far. It's basically puzzle and dragons without the annoying anime asthetic, and poker instead of bejeweled. Probably not as deep gameplay wise in the long run, but scratching that itch for now. They got back to me right away about a bug I commented on which was nice so I bought the starter pack to support them.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Geokinesis posted:

Heads up for UK goons; visiting Tesco is a great way to trigger a survey.

Every time I've visited the local tesco I've got a survey asking about it.

It's very weird with Tesco for me. I could go there once on Monday, get a survey about it Tuesday for 30p, and another survery about it on Wednesday for 10p. Maybe they're testing my memory.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

DrBox posted:

Loving Poker Heroes so far. It's basically puzzle and dragons without the annoying anime asthetic, and poker instead of bejeweled. Probably not as deep gameplay wise in the long run, but scratching that itch for now. They got back to me right away about a bug I commented on which was nice so I bought the starter pack to support them.

What's the best way to level up my deck? Should I be hoarding lower level yellows or are they junk?

It's always the evolution systems in these games that I've never understood.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Applied to the cartel as Oesor.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

ModeSix posted:

They aren't nearly as bad as Amazon Appstore reviews which go into minute detail about every bit of advertising and analytics in the app. Literally people write 300-500 word essays about the fact it has some advertising in it etc.

This would be pretty helpful. Mobile games are in such a weird state now. "Did they deliberately make this game less fun to trick people into paying more?" Is the first thing I ask every time I get a game recommendation now. Then since the answer is almost always yes, it's nice to have someone dial in the amount of bullshit.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

AnimalChin posted:

What's the best way to level up my deck? Should I be hoarding lower level yellows or are they junk?

It's always the evolution systems in these games that I've never understood.

I'm just keeping my deck stacked with highest attack cards and using the lowest attack ones to upgrade with. When you pick up some of the drill sargent looking cards, upgrade them to level 10 and then they're worth a ton of exp.

Match card colours for an exp bonus when upgrading them. There's a pretty decent FAQ detailing the mechanics in the menus somewhere.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009

Malek posted:

Is it literally Goon Town or Vangoon?

There are still a few of us in Bridgopolis playing.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Applied to the cartel as OBGYNKenobii.

Stupid first guy that got the name.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Some more thoughts on Star Wars: Uprising.

It is very important to level up any and all gear that you find, including the two star trash gear. You get blue prints every time you max out that armor or weapon. Then every time you max out a set of armor (gloves, legs, helm, etc..) or weapon set, you get a blueprint that is needed to upgrade a particular crew member. I already regret salvaging 2 star gear before maxing it.

I'm not too thrilled about crew missions, for the first time I see a 3 star mission that required like 2 or 3 members, but there's a risk of them being injured or even dying. It had a red skull next the mission, 3 hour mission duration, and have to wait 5 hours before the mission expires if I choose to skip it. I hate to see what the higher leveled missions are like.

Player rating is the key stat that tells you how strong you are. It's pointless to run story missions unless you run the hardest difficulty setting, or else you get railed getting crappy rewards after crappy rewards until you hit a wall of not able being able progress without some serious gear upgrading. Right now I'm stuck at a 930 rating, with all my gear maxed 2 or 3 stars. I'm waiting for the right crystals in order to upgrade. The only way to get crystals is to run the 5 daily missions and the other 1 daily mission. So only 6 whopping chances to get the right crystal which is pathetic. The other limitation to upgrading is credits. The only way to earn credits after dailies is repeatable mission which only shell out 330 credits for the 2nd reward tier, which is crap considering I need 20000 credits to upgrade an item from 3 stars to 4 stars.

Is there any other way to get more credits and crystals aside from dailies? Do coop games have better rewards?

ijii fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 13, 2015

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I've found it best to sell the lowest grade level-up materials for some extra credits on those repeatable missions, but it's still a slog trying to progress the story. It's a pity they gate you behind the player rating since the actual combat is pretty easy once you learn the enemy patterns. Crew missions tend to give you plenty of crystals and credits when those missions come up.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

This would be pretty helpful. Mobile games are in such a weird state now. "Did they deliberately make this game less fun to trick people into paying more?" Is the first thing I ask every time I get a game recommendation now. Then since the answer is almost always yes, it's nice to have someone dial in the amount of bullshit.

Yes but saying "this contains this analytics engine, this social thing, <insert about 200 more words about it>, and I can't believe it asks for WIFI permissions! <more words>, oh but the analytics and advertising are inactive" - this is pretty bullshit. Tell me about the loving game. The only thing these assholes write about the actual game is "It seems fun and interesting" followed by 500 words of bullshit about permissions and embedded analytics.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Android needs a special review code for "doesn't work on my 12 year old Ericson phone 1 star" posts because it makes it hard to judge/read any useful reviews about the game itself.

JasH
Jun 20, 2001

Applied to the cartel as Chriane Pyralvex

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.
Applied to the cartel as Huba Stank

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
Applied as Diarr Hoea, in case there's a purge.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

socialsecurity posted:

Android needs a special review code for "doesn't work on my 12 year old Ericson phone 1 star" posts because it makes it hard to judge/read any useful reviews about the game itself.

I also want a filter for "fix this one minor thing that I don't like and I'll rate 5 stars" bullshit.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Applied as Panacea LLJK on this Star wars RISING.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

ijii posted:

Some more thoughts on Star Wars: Uprising.

It is very important to level up any and all gear that you find, including the two star trash gear. You get blue prints every time you max out that armor or weapon. Then every time you max out a set of armor (gloves, legs, helm, etc..) or weapon set, you get a blueprint that is needed to upgrade a particular crew member. I already regret salvaging 2 star gear before maxing it.

I'm really glad I saw this before I leveled too high.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Applied to Fleet Enemas as Seely Idrall. :)

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Also on Uprising: it is always worth upgrading your materials, as you will get more xp/cash. Unless you only have a few hundred xp left for a max level, in which case you should hold on to a few low level materials.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

EvilElmo posted:

Applied as Jedi Shart.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3

EvilElmo posted:

Applied as Garrison Keylore, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Applied as Eej Ette to get an Enema.