Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Tonight was not a good night. Got in my deadlifts and left. Idiot working a "circuit" who really just wanted to stare at everyone and the two dudes workin out in their camo gear. I go in late to avoid these people but they find me anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I'm doing a low impact week because I was hurting all over. Reducing some weight and do one less set. Is this what getting old feels like?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yup you're dead now. Womens lifting thread is that way -->

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
Lots of brick layers in here

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:dong::dong:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bad form, wearing pants

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Tonight was not a good night. Got in my deadlifts and left. Idiot working a "circuit" who really just wanted to stare at everyone and the two dudes workin out in their camo gear. I go in late to avoid these people but they find me anyways.

Maybe it's you......

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Every week my squat gets worse and the number on the scale is going down. I think this is it, the onset of Fail AIDS...

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ive never really read into programs beyond "do this on these days" so what happens if I fail mid set? should I give it a rest and try to finish the set at the same weight? kick it down a few?

???

i mean other than hanging myself because failing a squat makes you feel like a babychild

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Mortimer posted:

ive never really read into programs beyond "do this on these days" so what happens if I fail mid set? should I give it a rest and try to finish the set at the same weight? kick it down a few?

I always knock it down a few pounds/kgs. Yadda yadda check your ego at the door yadda yadda.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Mortimer posted:

???

i mean other than hanging myself because failing a squat makes you feel like a babychild

Trying to get stronger, bigger, or leaner?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Finishing your set with a lower weight is better than sitting it out entirely imo. But then again I'm a weak little man so don't listen to me.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Suck it up and finish your loving set you weak rear end bitch.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dum Cumpster posted:

Trying to get stronger, bigger, or leaner?

Stronger

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knowing nothing else I'd take a rest, get the rest of your reps in at that weight, then throw in a couple extra sets at a lighter weight.

Then get enough sleep and food

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dum Cumpster posted:

Knowing nothing else I'd take a rest, get the rest of your reps in at that weight, then throw in a couple extra sets at a lighter weight.

Then get enough sleep and food

Thanks dude I'll try that next time

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Have you tried taking illegal drugs sold to you by your friendly gym locker room swole bro?

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Digital_Jesus posted:

Have you tried taking illegal drugs sold to you by your friendly gym locker room swole bro?

It is the one working trick that the government doesn't want you to know about!!!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Mortimer posted:

???

Double your rest time and hit it again.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

DoubleT2172 posted:

It is the one working trick that the government doesn't want you to know about!!!

No it's the one working trick that you don't want the government to know about

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Tiny Lowtax posted:

No it's the one working trick that you don't want the government to know about

.... touché

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

305 clean triple, plus five from two weeks ago.

https://instagram.com/p/7fqyueJQbG/

I've become so swole I'm no longer allowed to drop plates at work. The mail room is underneath me and apparently the constant slamming of bars is stressing them all out and they can't put the mail in the right slots or something.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
just set a handful of pr's at 2am on a sunday morning :toot:

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer
Biked 15 miles and repped sets of 385 deads later on.

Also ate some Chipotle, it was a good day.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Dang, 15 miles you say? How are you still alive man. 15 miles. Dang. Wow.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

Dang, 15 miles you say? How are you still alive man. 15 miles. Dang. Wow.

At no time should one enjoy their exercise.

Seriously though, it was the St. Paul Classic and I did it with a group of all ages and skill levels. It was a blast.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Could not lift today as the South African rugby team were using my gym...

Hopefully they'll lose early and I can have it back.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Eating all the extra protein is going well so far, I'm actually able to lift more poo poo IMAGINE THAT

Was able to 5x5 85 pounds OHP for the first time last night and I'm pretty close to doing 5x5 of 135 on bench for the first time so that will be cool

Maybe one day I will be less of a pathetic weakling

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Yesterday I was an inch away from getting a bodyweight/90kg/198lb press and it made me upset. Please stop triggering me.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I did 50 reps of 80lb OHP accessory work today. I couldn't feel my shoulders at the end.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've been waffling between continuing Alfalfa 4 (which I do enjoy) and something with a bit more volume like Cavefish. Is the Cavefish workout still considered a good one?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Only if you're juicin.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I've been doing cavefish for a few weeks now, been good to me so far. This is literally my first real bodybuilding program though so I don't have a lot of perspective to compare.

Leg day waspretty nice, squats and leg presses are always fun. Exercising during a cymbalta withdrawal, not so fun. RIP forgetting to take in prescriptions.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Isn't the cave fish workout pretty thorough? It's not very goon of you guys to be doing that. Please go back to starter strength and washing down whole chickens with protein shakes

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I lifted some weight today and had Culvers for dinner, hopefully all the grease and meat will help me lift more weight tomorrow.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

ZombieParts posted:

Isn't the cave fish workout pretty thorough? It's not very goon of you guys to be doing that. Please go back to starter strength and washing down whole chickens with protein shakes

I assume this post is sarcastic but I don't get what about the second half would be a bad idea

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

I assume this post is sarcastic but I don't get what about the second half would be a bad idea

Lean protein is the only thing you should ever eat :agreed:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the only good protein is rabbit meat that has less calories than you expended chasing the fucker down and slitting his throat over a cup of supplements to make them taste like something other than cancer

anything else and ur a huge loving fatty imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Today I ohp 175 pounds, 5x4. I weigh 165.

• Locked thread