Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pukestain Pal posted:

If you are doing photojournalism you should be capturing the mood. So use those. Not every photo has to be happy.

Relax.

Yes, thank you.

(different event)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

They're unhappy to see you

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

VendaGoat posted:

Yes, thank you.

(different event)

Sorry that you are unhappy that people not posing for you are not giving the look you want.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ansel autisms posted:

They're unhappy to see you

I would honestly rather this.

What I can't understand is being an unwilling participant in a completely voluntary endeavor.

Well, I don't want to marry this person, but they asked me to and I can't make decisions for myself, so I'll just be miserable for the rest of time.
I don't want to ride a unicycle with a dildo strapped to the seat to work for the next month, but I figure I'll enjoy it once I'm used to it.
I sure do hate pineapple on my pizza, so I'm going to order one extra large with extra pineapple.
You know what pisses me off more than anything? Ice cream. Give me a double scoop.

I've covered protests and gotten some wonderful anger recorded on "film". Emotion is an amazing thing, when you can get it properly. Hence the above picture. I love that look of, "What do you want rear end in a top hat?" I captured on that guy's face. It's honestly one of my favorite pictures and they guy is just hating me. It translates so well.

Look, if this was the Bataan Death March, then I would display the pictures, because it would be telling the story. Because that is the story; Misery. Horrible, terrible, misery.

A parade is not supposed to be miserable.

Pukestain Pal posted:

Sorry that you are unhappy that people not posing for you are not giving the look you want.

:rolleyes:

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

I would honestly rather this.

What I can't understand is being an unwilling participant in a completely voluntary endeavor.

Well, I don't want to marry this person, but they asked me to and I can't make decisions for myself, so I'll just be miserable for the rest of time.
I don't want to ride a unicycle with a dildo strapped to the seat to work for the next month, but I figure I'll enjoy it once I'm used to it.
I sure do hate pineapple on my pizza, so I'm going to order one extra large with extra pineapple.
You know what pisses me off more than anything? Ice cream. Give me a double scoop.

I've covered protests and gotten some wonderful anger recorded on "film". Emotion is an amazing thing, when you can get it properly. Hence the above picture. I love that look of, "What do you want rear end in a top hat?" I captured on that guy's face. It's honestly one of my favorite pictures and they guy is just hating me. It translates so well.

Look, if this was the Bataan Death March, then I would display the pictures, because it would be telling the story. Because that is the story; Misery. Horrible, terrible, misery.

A parade is not supposed to be miserable.

sounds like maybe you just shouldn't go if this is bothering you so much

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

You've got some really strange hang ups about parades duder.

Were you abused as a child and the only light in your life was the happy smiles and cheers at some local parade? People are gonna be miserable shits whenever and wherever they can. It's in our nature. We love to roll around in misery and feel bad for ourselves.

E: really that tendency is proven with the continued existence of this thread.

Sextro fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 11, 2015

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Back alleys are streets right? Straight cross-posting from the medium format thread because I'm lazy.
More C330s, not quite in keeping with my earlier style, but I like the colours more, wish I could figure out what I did differently.
080915 Street Squares (2 of 4) by TimFPictures, on Flickr
gently caress shooting the back of people but I can't justify drinking at midday just for the courage to shoot the front.
080915 Street Squares (3 of 4) by TimFPictures, on Flickr
Anything I could do to make this better in post? I love the juxtapositioning of the girl and the tree, and the constrast and geometry is nice, but I feel it lacks a certain je nes se quoi.
080915 Street Squares (1 of 4) by TimFPictures, on Flickr
Facebook loves the last one but I think it looks like it should have some saccharin text about loving life or moving to Paris or something equally as sickening over it.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

XTimmy posted:

Back alleys are streets right? Straight cross-posting from the medium format thread because I'm lazy.
More C330s, not quite in keeping with my earlier style, but I like the colours more, wish I could figure out what I did differently.
080915 Street Squares (2 of 4) by TimFPictures, on Flickr
gently caress shooting the back of people but I can't justify drinking at midday just for the courage to shoot the front.
080915 Street Squares (3 of 4) by TimFPictures, on Flickr
Anything I could do to make this better in post? I love the juxtapositioning of the girl and the tree, and the constrast and geometry is nice, but I feel it lacks a certain je nes se quoi.
080915 Street Squares (1 of 4) by TimFPictures, on Flickr
Facebook loves the last one but I think it looks like it should have some saccharin text about loving life or moving to Paris or something equally as sickening over it.

I kind of wish you had stepped a little to your left on the first one and gotten rid of that smidge of white building. I think it would have made a neat "dead end" effect.

I like the second one as well.

Last one is meh IMO.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:laffo:

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Wrong thread.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

VSCO Cam owns. :v:

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

I refuse to be part of your furry fantasies

The Centre, Bristol, 12th September 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

Corn Street, Bristol, 6th September 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
That street performer has seen some serious poo poo.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
/

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Best picture in the thread

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Needs to straighten it, imo.

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

What are you trying to do with the dutch angle?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ice by Matt Philpott, on Flickr

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Nicaragua-1 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

toilet photography for a toilet-worthy thread

DSC_0698.jpg by Stanimal Jones, on Flickr

Keytar Bear by Stanimal Jones, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

maybe this will help us de-poo poo the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKIUOX426Dw

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pukestain Pal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKIUOX426Dw

When was this man's last sober day?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Someone tell me, is this poo poo or not poo poo?

Untitled by David Shen, on Flickr

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
I like them - but I've posted poo poo photos in this thread so YMMV

20150829-TriX_GW690_Spring2015001
by Bud, on Flickr

20150829-TriX_GW690_Spring2015006
by Bud, on Flickr

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

hi liter posted:

Not poo poo, not poo poo by a mile and a half.

Not poo poo......

poo poo......

The hell....

This is nothing about you, this is actually about me and MEIN EYES! Scheiße!~

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Pukestain Pal posted:

Thanks VendaGoat, and thanks PP for posting this video. I found it extremely inspiring to go out and spit more poo poo photos out of my camera. Watch how that man runs around giving no fucks! Just shooting away! What a badass. One day I hope I can give as few fucks as him when I'm out shooting.

Favorite quote: "BRESSON'S STYLE WAS EXCELLENCE"

No poo poo, that video should be mandatory viewing in the OP for anyone else who wants to join the shitphoto thread.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
One gadget you should have for unique street shooting only 850 dollers

e:

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Sep 29, 2015

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Both expensive AND ugly as gently caress? Sign me up!

e: I was referring to the output being ugly, but I realise that counts for the physical properties of the lens too.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 29, 2015

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

You can't put a pricetag on bokehlicious.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

try it with a lime posted:

You can't put a pricetag on bokehlicious.

Is negative money a thing?

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Is negative money a thing?

According to my bank statement it is.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

hi liter posted:

These are not poo poo, these are Rad.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
bo-kuh

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
has any one said bo-cuck yet? but no for real petzal lenses while gimmicky are the only way to obtain a specific look

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

8th-snype posted:

has any one said bo-cuck yet? but no for real petzal lenses while gimmicky are the only way to obtain a specific look

Yesh, Yesh. Isn't that weird?
\

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

If only there were a way to combine the photoshop radial blur and field blur filters into a super cheesy petzval filter

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
I take bad photos, but I also love to overshare, so here.

Also Hail Satan.

Eastern Market Escalator by Harvard J Nasty, on Flickr

Eastern Market by Harvard J Nasty, on Flickr

HNasty fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 30, 2015

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the look in the owners eyes say a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

City as Amenity-1 by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

City as Amenity-2 by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

I'm a little conflicted about these two. On first read I can imagine them coming across as quite judgmental photos, a mother ignoring her child. I think if you think about the situation it becomes apparent that a mother could be awake with a child for sixteen hours a day, and looking after them, so no parent is going to be engaged with the child constantly. I just worry that the image, purely through my selection is quite judgmental in that regard.

I think the first one also speaks to growth of a child to an adult, and the engagement of society; the fool behind him throwing his arms up as the child's potential future, and the child actively engaged with society around. While the second talks a little about technology, and mobile phones and how a very young child is more engaged with his surroundings than a grown adult. I just worry that the surface reading of a mother ignoring her child is too strong in this, and nothing else will be taken from the image.

I'd especially like to hear what any mothers think? (Or even fathers.)