Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Davincie posted:

the majority of your posts are poo poo

Stop getting upset that people don't like japanese cartoons dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Can we talk maybe about N3DS instead of complaining about Japanese anime

Now that Mario Maker is out, who is pumped for Animal Crossing Maker coming out on the 25th

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The anime meme has to stop.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Outrun 3D is fuckin' dope as hell.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Spintzel posted:

Now that Mario Maker is out, who is pumped for Animal Crossing Maker coming out on the 25th

I only just barely managed to tolerate New Leaf. If I hadn't been playing it alongside my then-8 year old son, I would have quit it 20 hours sooner. I'll leave AC:Lil Suzy Homemaker to the school-age girl demographic it was meant for.

I think the one thing I'm looking the most forward to right now is the next Fire Emblem(s), and the debate for me is if I want to start with the easy-mode copy or the difficult-mode one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the 'easy' one is actually harder, but you can get levels infinitely.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

the 'easy' one is actually harder, but you can get levels infinitely.

Why's it harder? And Hoshido is the supposed easy one right?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
It's a shame Sega wont release the 3d collections games as a physical release over here. I'd buy them in a snap if they did. I'm not adverse to digital games (I have a stupidly large steam library) but with consoles I just prefer physical copies (partly because I don't trust Nintendo not to block me out of them 5 minutes after discontinuing the 3ds)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!

Spintzel posted:

I went into my local gamestop and told them i would like to preorder the animal crossing new 3ds coming out later this month. the guy was oblivious on what i was saying and not sure if they were even taking reservations. Thankfully a coworker came up to him to explain that yes they were getting those n3ds in and yes they were taking reservations. I then placed my order with a $50+ deposit

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erg posted:

Why's it harder? And Hoshido is the supposed easy one right?
hoshido has pretty strong enemies in large numbers.

nohr has more complicated objectives but due to the maps being less straightforward enemies are more spread out, so if you have any sense of how to accomplish multiple things at once in an FE game (protip: fliers,) Hoshido is the more challenging one.

Of course if you grind at all in hoshido this all goes completely out the window.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I long for the day when there's some sort of program that will quickly and accurately translate from language to language. This whole waiting to play FE while Japan has had it for months is for the birds!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

I long for the day when there's some sort of program that will quickly and accurately translate from language to language. This whole waiting to play FE while Japan has had it for months is for the birds!

It's actually been partially fan translated if you can homebrew, although I'd personally recommend waiting another 5 months or so.

Do we have a date for Fates beyond "early 2016"?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

PantsBandit posted:

loving Google, right? I mean they could probably do this, but instead they're just making roving targets on wheels.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

But Google's already used to translate games :confused:

And it makes them better too if Vita's SAO is to be a textbook example.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

AfroLine posted:

I went into my local gamestop and told them i would like to preorder the animal crossing new 3ds coming out later this month. the guy was oblivious on what i was saying and not sure if they were even taking reservations. Thankfully a coworker came up to him to explain that yes they were getting those n3ds in and yes they were taking reservations. I then placed my order with a $50+ deposit

That's kind of surprising; to the contrary, when I was standing in line to pick up MGS5 at a 9pm release last week, one of their sorta-supervisor types struck up conversation with me. I had an N3DS out and was playing LBX to pass time.
She suggested I could preorder a limited supply! we will run out fast! n3ds for some up-coming Zelda title. Or, that AC one that was talked about if that was more my thing.
I asked her why I would get another n3ds when I have one that works fine right here in front of us? And she kind of meekly said, who doesn't have two or three exclusive-decal'd n3ds... and I think she also realized I wasn't one of those 'collector' type nerds with no self control or sense of a budget.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Did anybody play that top-down Ghost Recon game that launched with the 3DS? Seemed like Fire Emblem with guns which is pretty cool.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Did anybody play that top-down Ghost Recon game that launched with the 3DS? Seemed like Fire Emblem with guns which is pretty cool.

Hey yeah that one was fun- more like XCom than Fire Emblem, though. They even got the dude that made the original XCom from the 90s to head up the game. Also the story is like a Tom Clancy novel mixed with GI Joe lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

I would buy the poo poo out of a Falcom ost rhythm game

I need this to become real some day.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

its great

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when will soulja boy have miku sing the hook on one of his tracks

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Spintzel posted:

Stop getting upset that people don't like japanese cartoons dude

making a one liner isn't a sign of a person being mad lol

5er
Jun 1, 2000

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Monkey Fracas posted:

Hey yeah that one was fun- more like XCom than Fire Emblem, though. They even got the dude that made the original XCom from the 90s to head up the game. Also the story is like a Tom Clancy novel mixed with GI Joe lol

Yeah just ignore the dumb Clancy poo poo, and it's a fun game if you like tactical rpgs.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
If Project Mirai starred manly cheerleaders than this entire argument couldve been avoided!

Close but no cigar, Sega.

Speaking of, Id pay so much money for a legit all-in-one version of the Ouendan/EBA games. I know itll never happen, but I can still dream...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gutcruncher posted:

If Project Mirai starred manly cheerleaders than this entire argument couldve been avoided!

Close but no cigar, Sega.

Speaking of, Id pay so much money for a legit all-in-one version of the Ouendan/EBA games. I know itll never happen, but I can still dream...

The licensing to get any sort of rerelease of EBA's probably obscenely complex, even with them being covers :sigh:.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

It'd be convenient, but those are all three games you can still just pop into your 3DS and play. They need to make a straight up new one.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Gumdrop Larry posted:

It'd be convenient, but those are all three games you can still just pop into your 3DS and play. They need to make a straight up new one.

I remember reading something where Reggie said he loved EBA, but it just didn't do well enough to get another release :(

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

mabels big day posted:

The anime meme has to stop.

I agree, because every time anime is mentioned it turns the thread into hundreds of unfunny shitposts that usually read as variations of "anime is cool and good" and "anime is lovely and for nerds" repeated ad nauseam.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

Amppelix posted:

"anime is cool and good" and "anime is lovely and for nerds"

actually its both

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

AfroGunsou posted:

actually its both

I'm glad we've reached an understanding today.

Duo
Aug 4, 2002
Sorry if this has been gone over a billion times but is this regular sized new 3ds coming out in NA (the animal crossing home designs bundle one) going to be the one with the cool snes colored buttons like in the picture? And is the art they show on the case just a cover I can take off? I was on the fence about upgrading my old school first gen 3ds a while back but held off, and I really loved the look of that regular sized N3DS so maybe it paid off :unsmith:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Duo posted:

Sorry if this has been gone over a billion times but is this regular sized new 3ds coming out in NA (the animal crossing home designs bundle one) going to be the one with the cool snes colored buttons like in the picture? And is the art they show on the case just a cover I can take off? I was on the fence about upgrading my old school first gen 3ds a while back but held off, and I really loved the look of that regular sized N3DS so maybe it paid off :unsmith:

Yes to everything. SNES colored buttons with swappable cover plates. Bonus is the screen size is slightly larger than your OG 3DS.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Amppelix posted:

I agree, because every time anime is mentioned it turns the thread into hundreds of unfunny shitposts that usually read as variations of "anime is cool and good" and "anime is lovely and for nerds" repeated ad nauseam.

Perhaps it's time to stop using anime as an adjective.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Strange Quark posted:

Perhaps it's time to stop using anime as an adjective.
It's an interjection, obviously.

Is Xenoblade's screen scaling also poo poo on a normal-sized 3DS?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The ghost recon is good if you like tactics/srpgs. Not too challenging though, especially if you level up the sniper

edit- actually I'm thinking of the cqc/stealth character. although the sniper is very powerful too

FastestGunAlive fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 11, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SelenicMartian posted:

It's an interjection, obviously.

Is Xenoblade's screen scaling also poo poo on a normal-sized 3DS?

It's exactly the same because Old and New 3DS, XL or otherwise, are all the same screen resolution.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

AfroGunsou posted:

actually its both

I expressed neither of those opinions so I don't even know what you're responding to.

But I respect your opinion.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Fooley posted:

I remember reading something where Reggie said he loved EBA, but it just didn't do well enough to get another release :(

Not even Ouendan did, so no shame there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Justin_Brett posted:

Not even Ouendan did, so no shame there.

Uh... yes it did? EBA exists because people imported the poo poo out of Ouendan, and it got a straight sequel.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
They're putting up a demo for Legend of Legacy on the 22nd. Should be nice to finally get some hands-on and see what the game is actually like. They're saying it's going to have the prologue and first two dungeons, but I'm curious as to whether they're going to let you play as any of the playable characters or if you'll be limited to one or a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Warioware Twisted is amazing. Seriously considering getting an OG GBA in order to hold the sides. Feels slightly awkward on a SP.

Thanks for the heads up whoever mentioned it.