Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Like I've said over and over, Lewis is a good back who's had unfortunate injuries. The Browns had big plans for him before he broke his leg. Yes, Billy Backfield is unpredictable and we love ripping on him for it but Lewis is absolutely worth a stash.

The fumble was worrying but it was wet last night and poo poo happens. He got back out on the field a little bit later and still looked good.
Never when Blount comes back he can do pretty well if this fumble thing gets under control.

Obviously don't go out and overpay for him with Faab or trade but if he's on your waivers absolutely scoop him up in a deep bench league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Reik posted:

If all the top RBs perform according to their ADP this week, who would be a fair trade for Antonio Brown?

Well ADP-wise Brown is up there with Lacy, AP, Bell and Charles so... those guys.

EDIT: Although unless I was in dire RB straits I would only trade Brown for Lacy or Bell in a PPR, personally. Even with one good week I'd hesitate with Charles (unless I also get Knile) or AP.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
In full PPR AB84 is the best player in the league according to BeerSheets. I have him and Rodgers and he was projected for 1.xx less points, he exceeded that, so I assume he is the 3rd highest scoring player in a PPR league behind Luck and Rodgers, could be wrong though, would not trade him for anything really at this point.

e; Are the Brady ads even funnier saying seeing you Sunday, instead of Thursday?

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 11, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Forever_Peace posted:

- Nailing that Scott Chandler touchdown was a fun way to get some points this week, but I intend to drop him for Miller in half ppr.

I'm really hoping that when Bryant is back, Wheaton all but disappears and they let Miller be target 3B like he should be because he could be a a top-8 TE in PPR if they actually focus in on him like they've been saying they would for the last 3 years. I have a $7 bid ($300 budget) in on him and I plan to ride him and Daniels on match-ups until one emerges.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 11, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

LmaoTheKid posted:

Like I've said over and over, Lewis is a good back who's had unfortunate injuries. The Browns had big plans for him before he broke his leg. Yes, Billy Backfield is unpredictable and we love ripping on him for it but Lewis is absolutely worth a stash.
Obviously don't go out and overpay for him with Faab or trade but if he's on your waivers absolutely scoop him up in a deep bench league.

Still need to see the rest of the weekend, but I'm not sure there's a guy I'd want to drop for him even in ppr right now.

Currently, I would prefer Lewis over Zenner, Sims, Cobb, Shoelace, McKinnon, Buck Allen, C.A.P. etc.

But as an upside play I would still prefer Khiry, Ronnie, Zo, Duke, McFadden, Jones, and CMichael, and as an immediate emergency play I'd still rather have Blue or Tre.

Maybe level with Knile and Josh Robinson for me as an upside stash?

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 11, 2015

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

PPR? Straight up?

In PPR I'd probably only give up Brown for Bell.

Sorry, 0.5 PPR

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

LmaoTheKid posted:

The fumble was worrying but it was wet last night and poo poo happens. He got back out on the field a little bit later and still looked good.
Never when Blount comes back he can do pretty well if this fumble thing gets under control.

I really liked his spin move. Seemed every time he hit a wall, or whatever random moment he felt like doing it, he would whip around, and gain 5 more yards. He has a lot of shift, and bust in his feet. Too bad he will be cut next week.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
What is it with Billy and his propensity to not use running backs to their full potential?

I mean hell, it's not like "throw the ball until we're up by 40" is a bad strategy but some day he's going to have to start someone not named Tom Brady. And for someone who's supposed to be Shane Vereen 2.0, pulling him at the one for Bolden was just...boneheaded.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That fumble could have sealed his fate. Gronk may have pulled him back from the depths of Belichick hell, but only if Bill is feeling merciful.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

That fumble could have sealed his fate. Gronk may have pulled him back from the depths of Belichick hell, but only if Bill is feeling merciful.

The irony of it is that his workhorse back is someone who was notorious for doing this in previous years.

I wonder what the inside of Bill's doghouse looks like.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

He still carried the load to the end of the game after that. I'm sure it doesn't help him, but he trusted him enough to finish out the game. That may speak more on how he feels about the other backs though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I have crockett Gilmore as my undrafted TE currently, but should I grab one of these guys off the waiver wire?

Owen Daniels, Tyler Eifert, Austin Sefarian Jenkins, Scott Chandler, Jordan Reed, Richard Rodgers?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I have crockett Gilmore as my undrafted TE currently, but should I grab one of these guys off the waiver wire?

Owen Daniels, Tyler Eifert, Austin Sefarian Jenkins, Scott Chandler, Jordan Reed, Richard Rodgers?

Reed or Eifert

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Reed or Eifert

Seconding Eifert

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thirding Eifert.

Also I was being hyperbolic with my Dion comment for laughs. Dion Lewis, as long as he doesn't become a braggart or show up late to practice, will be fine. He'll probably get chewed out for ball security and lose looks to Blount (which was going to happen anyway), but his performance was too good. A lot more promise than Gray showed imo.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

bradford or kaep? 25 passing yards per point, 10 rushing yards per point. 4pt for a passing TD, 6 for rushing.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Mingus Dew posted:

The irony of it is that his workhorse back is someone who was notorious for doing this in previous years.

I've always though Ridley's fumble problems were a bit overblown. League-average fumble rate is about 1.1% of carries, Ridley's career fumble rate is about 1.2% of carries. It was just a big shift from the Law Firm's crazy good ball security (5 fumbles in 1000 career carries) and Ridley got benched in a rather salient way after a few of the really bad ones.

And pulling Lewis for Bolden on goal line carries is using backs to their strengths. Lewis is a 5'7 pass-catching back, Bolden is 5'11/220 banger.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Abel Wingnut posted:

bradford or kaep? 25 passing yards per point, 10 rushing yards per point. 4pt for a passing TD, 6 for rushing.

Bradford

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Abel Wingnut posted:

Bradford and it isn't even a question.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mingus Dew posted:

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure BenJarvis Green-Ellis is chained up in there.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

In order: Eifert, Daniels, ASJ/Reed, Chandler, Rodgers

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Blount/Lewis owner in my league was texting me how excited he was to potentially flip them for Allen Robinson.

This guy has a massive blowup every year about how nobody trades with him. The last blowup was over him trying to trade the entire Patriots backfield to me in various trades. This is the CJA owner who I offered Hillman to for Duke (I'm the Crowell owner) just because I was price enforcing and ended up with Hillman and he responded that he wanted a 2-for-2 with a "massive" upgrade at WR for him.

And he wonders why nobody trades with him.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Currently, I would prefer Lewis over Zenner, Sims, Cobb, Shoelace, McKinnon, Buck Allen, C.A.P. etc.

But as an upside play I would still prefer Khiry, Ronnie, Zo, Duke, McFadden, Jones, and CMichael, and as an immediate emergency play I'd still rather have Blue or Tre.

Maybe level with Knile and Josh Robinson for me as an upside stash?

Lewis vs David Johnson GO

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Lewis vs David Johnson GO

DJ

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Start Bradford over Tanny in a 6PTD league, correct?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Michael Corleone posted:

Start Bradford over Tanny in a 6PTD league, correct?

Start Bradford over Tanny in all leagues.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Bradford will get ton of volume, but I don't think it'd be the end of the world to start Tanny. Redskins suck, Tannehill will get a good deal of playing time, and has some playmaking receivers to help him now. Also you probably don't need two QBs on your roster if they're Tann and Brad

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

railroad terror posted:

Bradford will get ton of volume, but I don't think it'd be the end of the world to start Tanny. Redskins suck, Tannehill will get a good deal of playing time, and has some playmaking receivers to help him now. Also you probably don't need two QBs on your roster if they're Tann and Brad

What?! I plan on staying on the ride until it derails, and it will.

fe; Plus benches are 8 with 2 IR slots.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

I've always though Ridley's fumble problems were a bit overblown. League-average fumble rate is about 1.1% of carries, Ridley's career fumble rate is about 1.2% of carries. It was just a big shift from the Law Firm's crazy good ball security (5 fumbles in 1000 career carries) and Ridley got benched in a rather salient way after a few of the really bad ones.

And pulling Lewis for Bolden on goal line carries is using backs to their strengths. Lewis is a 5'7 pass-catching back, Bolden is 5'11/220 banger.

Blount had the same problem too in 2013 but that suddenly vanished when he came from TB and also when he went to PIT (I think he only had one during his time there and none with TB).

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the Vereen role was to be that goal line outside short-pass back and also the third-and-short option.

I just think there's something in New England that causes balls to be fumbled more often than normal. :frogbon:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
^ no way. NE has an absurdly low number of fumbles. Belichik knows all too well that turnover differential is one of the precious few statistics that correlate to winning. So what you are seeing is that when a fumble does occur, people have a greater reaction to it coming from NE because Billy hates it and the pure schadenfreude in watching how he reacts to it.

This isn't the best article on the subject, but touches upon their philosophy:

http://bsndenver.com/actual-advantage-of-deflategate-new-england-patriots-low-fumble-rate/

quote:

Warren Sharp looked at the number of total fumbles lost per total offensive plays run over a five year period. While most teams average one fumble per 105 plays, New England is astronomically better than that, at 187 plays per fumble. In fact, according to Sharp, that 187 plays per fumble from 2010-2014 is the best rate ever.

-----

The one league I have both Tanny/Bradford, I'm trotting out Tanny with confidence.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 11, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is the confidence in Hyde as a fantasy starter mostly based on his projected volume?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Reik posted:

Sorry, 0.5 PPR

Even in half ppr, Brown is still in the top 3 players in the game. Not sure why anyone would want to trade him right now.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
FantasyPros has Tanny ahead of Bradford.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Is the confidence in Hyde as a fantasy starter mostly based on his projected volume?

I think it's more because he seems to be pretty darn good, because he's probably going to lose most, if not all, 3rd down work on a team that figures to be playing from behind a ton.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would start Tanne first but then again, Fins could be up early as the skins roll over and just run after that whereas ATL should keep the bullets flying

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Mingus Dew posted:

Blount had the same problem too in 2013 but that suddenly vanished when he came from TB and also when he went to PIT (I think he only had one during his time there and none with TB).

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the Vereen role was to be that goal line outside short-pass back and also the third-and-short option.

I just think there's something in New England that causes balls to be fumbled more often than normal. :frogbon:

lol I'm not touching NE fumble rate chat again with a 10-foot pole.

Vereen did get a bit of passing-play work last year from the goal line. 9 targets for 4 catches and 2 tds from within the 10. But as a runner he was out-touched about 3:1 from whichever power back was the starter that day (Ridley, Blount, Gray). The power backs combined for 10 rushing TDs from within the 10. With Bill busting out 4-TE sets (lol), Bolden was the natural choice.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Reik posted:

Sorry, 0.5 PPR

Anybody got an opinion on this besides me? I own Brown so I'm pretty biased, but the only guys I'd trade him for are Bell and *maybe* AP. That's full PPR. In half maybe I'd throw Charles in there?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

Anybody got an opinion on this besides me? I own Brown so I'm pretty biased, but the only guys I'd trade him for are Bell and *maybe* AP. That's full PPR. In half maybe I'd throw Charles in there?

I wouldn't trade him. Period.

Edit: You'd have to give me a RB1 and WR1 for me to let Brown go.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

lol I'm not touching NE fumble rate chat again with a 10-foot pole.

Vereen did get a bit of passing-play work last year from the goal line. 9 targets for 4 catches and 2 tds from within the 10. But as a runner he was out-touched about 3:1 from whichever power back was the starter that day (Ridley, Blount, Gray). The power backs combined for 10 rushing TDs from within the 10. With Bill busting out 4-TE sets (lol), Bolden was the natural choice.

So maybe it's just the power backs who have issues with ball security, the exception being Lawfirm before he got shipped off to Cincy. In all honesty it's a point of minutiae for a team that consistently plays well in most other aspects (and as someone who loathes the Pats I hate to admit that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
With regard to Bradford, if I had to pick the most likely result from a range of options, I'd say he's more likely to be QB1 this week than to have an actually bad week. Atlanta is a high powered offense with a tire fire defense, so it was going to be a shootout anyways, but it's also the case that Chip has had months to gameplan this match.

• Locked thread