Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Franks Happy Place posted:

With regard to Bradford, if I had to pick the most likely result from a range of options, I'd say he's more likely to be QB1 this week than to have an actually bad week. Atlanta is a high powered offense with a tire fire defense, so it was going to be a shootout anyways, but it's also the case that Chip has had months to gameplan this match.

I wonder where bradford spontaneously combusting fits into his game plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Ty1990 posted:

Anybody got an opinion on this besides me? I own Brown so I'm pretty biased, but the only guys I'd trade him for are Bell and *maybe* AP. That's full PPR. In half maybe I'd throw Charles in there?

I had second pick in the my full PPR and would not have gotten Brown if the 1st pick didn't show up like 2 minutes late and autodraft ADP. Look at any Beer sheet for a full PPR league, I just go by value, and he is in a tier of his own. I mean if you are hurting for backs maybe it is a different story, Brown for a RB and WR, or something along those lines. Nobody is getting Brown from me unless they make me a Godfather offer.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Franks Happy Place posted:

With regard to Bradford, if I had to pick the most likely result from a range of options, I'd say he's more likely to be QB1 this week than to have an actually bad week. Atlanta is a high powered offense with a tire fire defense, so it was going to be a shootout anyways, but it's also the case that Chip has had months to gameplan this match.

Bradford gonna finish ahead of Brady this week :twisted:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I drafted AB 1st and 3rd overall in both my full PPR league. He's just a monster in any PPR league and probably the most consistent week to week. Also because i always go WR heavy in any PPR league no matter what and i have yet to miss the playoffs so ain't fixin' what ain't broke.

Only person i might consider trading him for is Bell and even then i'd have to at least get back a startable WR also.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 11, 2015

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I missed out on Golden Taint due to waivers order :argh: but the same team that dropped Tate just dropped Cobb. Brandon Marshall is also on waivers.

Cobb is obviously a better pickup than Mike Wallace by a huge degree, but I'm pretty sure I'll miss that claim as well. Is Marshall better than Wallace given the horrific QB situation in Jetsland?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

a shameful boehner posted:

I missed out on Golden Taint due to waivers order :argh: but the same team that dropped Tate just dropped Cobb. Brandon Marshall is also on waivers.

Cobb is obviously a better pickup than Mike Wallace by a huge degree, but I'm pretty sure I'll miss that claim as well. Is Marshall better than Wallace given the horrific QB situation in Jetsland?

What the poo poo kind of league is this

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Cobb as in Randall Cobb? The gently caress with these leagues

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Yes, Cobb as in Packers WR Cobb. Let's just say it's my father who doesn't really understand the value of players relative to their position and just likes picking up players from his favorite team to root for :unsmith:

Marshall better than Wallace?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I think so, but I'm also fairly high on Wallace, so I don't exactly think he's a poor consolation prize.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Yes, Cobb as in Packers WR Cobb. Let's just say it's my father who doesn't really understand the value of players relative to their position and just likes picking up players from his favorite team to root for :unsmith:

Marshall better than Wallace?

Your father is...highly questionable, although I am sure he virtuous.

Your question has too many IFs for me to really get a good feel on. Wallace lives and dies by the accurately thrown deep ball. Does Bridgewater inspire that kind of confidence with you? I think Marshall is the safer bet for production.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Your father is...highly questionable, although I am sure he virtuous.

Your question has too many IFs for me to really get a good feel on. Wallace lives and dies by the accurately thrown deep ball. Does Bridgewater inspire that kind of confidence with you? I think Marshall is the safer bet for production.

Yea that's my thinking. I'm gonna toss my hat in the ring for Marshall. I'm not super high on Teddy Bridgewater. Marshall would be a backup to Megatron and Dez on my team anyway :unsmigghh:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Yea that's my thinking. I'm gonna toss my hat in the ring for Marshall. I'm not super high on Teddy Bridgewater. Marshall would be a backup to Megatron and Dez on my team anyway :unsmigghh:

Now post your dad's starters this week.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I have more faith in 2015 Bridgewater's deep ball (if he gets protection, who knows with Sullivan out now and a rookie at RT) than I do in 2012-14 Tannehill's, but I know that's not exactly the highest bar to set.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Now post your dad's starters this week.

He's 68 years old and a lifelong Broncos fan.

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Frank Gore:
RB: Ronnie Hillman (this was who he dropped Cobb for :sigh: )
RB/WR: Terrance Williams
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Eric Decker (why dad???)
TE: Owen Daniels
LB: Danny Trevathan
DL: Rob Ninkovich
D/ST: Vikings D/ST
K: Stephen Gostkowski

BE: Le'Veon Bell
BE: Joe Flacco
BE: Coby Fleener (???)
BE: Fred Jackson

Overall he's definitely turned himself into a lower-middle tier team with dropping Tate and Cobb but I think Gore/Hillman/Daniels/Le'Veon still give him a decent shot at a not-last season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Because he is good

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

He's 68 years old and a lifelong Broncos fan.

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Frank Gore:
RB: Ronnie Hillman (this was who he dropped Cobb for :sigh: )
RB/WR: Terrance Williams
WR: Vincent Jackson
TE: Owen Daniels
LB: Danny Trevathan
DL: Rob Ninkovich
D/ST: Vikings D/ST
K: Stephen Gostkowski

BE: Le'Veon Bell
BE: Joe Flacco
BE: Coby Fleener (???)
BE: Fred Jackson

Overall he's definitely turned himself into a lower-middle tier team with dropping Tate and Cobb but I think Gore/Hillman/Daniels/Le'Veon still give him a decent shot at a not-last season.

Why didn't he drop Vjax or Decker for those other guys? Tate/Cobb >>>>>>>>>> Vjax/Decker.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Metapod posted:

Because he is good

errrr you realize the Jets QB situation is Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick right

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

errrr you realize the Jets QB situation is Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick right

Do you have bonus points for having the best beard in football in your league?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ryan fitzpatrick chan gailey magic time

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Bryce Petty is taking that team to the AFC Champ game. BOOK IT DANNO

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I have two idiots in the league I run who accidentally cut players, and while general idiocy is pretty much fair game, sometimes accidents really do happen and you fat finger a button. I'm willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt and put the players back on their rosters once, but yahoo isn't letting me. Edit Rosters under commissioner's tools is grayed out and it says Restricted ($).

Any clue what, why, how?

EDIT: figured it out. cash league rule.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 11, 2015

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Prophecy120 posted:

Even in half ppr, Brown is still in the top 3 players in the game. Not sure why anyone would want to trade him right now.

There is a real chance A Brown catches a pass from a dog murderer this year. Would prefer to not have that bad mojo on my team.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Reik posted:

There is a real chance A Brown catches a pass from a dog murderer this year. Would prefer to not have that bad mojo on my team.

lol

There's an even better chance he catches 120+ passes from a rapist this year

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Or 50+ from each :supaburn:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

lol

There's an even better chance he catches 120+ passes from a rapist this year

In my crazy screwed up head dog murderer is unacceptable.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Reik posted:

let me tell you about the exploits of one Mister Benjamin Todd "Big Ben" "Ol' Gray Dick" Roethlisberger

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Spoeank posted:

let me tell you about the exploits of one Mister Benjamin Todd "Big Ben" "Ol' Gray Dick" Roethlisberger

RVProfootballer posted:

You can take solace in the fact that Vick was convicted and Ben only (1) settled out of court and (2) was never charged, you don't have to go through the kinds of mental gymnastics necessary to justify one over the other :) (Unless you were thinking my lol meant I think Vick is a cool dude, which I don't... the lol was solely because Ben is also probably a piece of poo poo too, haha)

Fortunately I'm dumping all Steelers players, A Brown just happened to be the only one I had in my leagues that wasn't waiver-fodder.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Reik posted:

In my crazy screwed up head dog murderer is unacceptable.

You can take solace in the fact that Vick was convicted and Ben only (1) settled out of court and (2) was never charged, you don't have to go through the kinds of mental gymnastics necessary to justify one over the other :) (Unless you were thinking my lol meant I think Vick is a cool dude, which I don't... the lol was solely because Ben is also probably a piece of poo poo too, haha)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

you can take solace in the fact that vick's dog murdering ways were endemic of his upbringing and he's more than paid his dues and mainly seems like a more than respectable human being since

or you can just accept the fact that this game you're playing is basically the stock market with human lives and akin to gambling denarii on gladiators and just play to win and stop being a babby

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Personally, I only take my moral cues from the fine upstanding gentleman that play in the NFL.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Dandy Kaiser posted:

you can take solace in the fact that vick's dog murdering ways were endemic of his upbringing and he's more than paid his dues and mainly seems like a more than respectable human being since

or you can just accept the fact that this game you're playing is basically the stock market with human lives and akin to gambling denarii on gladiators and just play to win and stop being a babby

It is playing to win if you're superstitious.

EDIT: 2009-2013 Eagles and 2014 Jets, furthest was first round in playoffs.

Reik fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 11, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Yeah no poo poo, I started Big Ben in like 3 leagues :hf: Wishing I had any shares of AP too. I'm excited to see him tear it up at least, don't think I'm against him anywhere this week.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

MacheteZombie posted:

Personally, I only take my moral cues from the fine upstanding gentleman that play in the NFL.

*rapes MacheteZombie, then drives drunk and crashes into a poll, then drives away*

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i went to miami the year after ben left for the draft so i will irrationally defend that shitbag rapist because he's the last bastion of success my lovely mac football team holds

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Did you crashing into that poll drunk count as being a Bush supporter?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Decker was a viable fantasy player with Tim Tebow throwing him the ball. Last year he played with a gimpy hamstring. Decker is very underrated this year.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Papes posted:

Decker was a viable fantasy player with Tim Tebow throwing him the ball. Last year he played with a gimpy hamstring. Decker is very underrated this year.

I didn't realize he put up a 74/962/5 line.

With Geno throwing him the ball I assumed it was a lot lower then that.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

OxySnake posted:

I didn't realize he put up a 74/962/5 line.

With Geno throwing him the ball I assumed it was a lot lower then that.

+ Fitzpatrick is a huge upgrade on Geno
- Brandon Marshall is the new WR1

Overall I don't think Decker will repeat those numbers, but he could come close. Certainly isn't worthless, but I think he's shaky as anything more than an occasional flex.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I think the Jets are going to have a sneaky good team this year. They're probably not going to be good enough to be better than 8-8, but I could see them having a few fantasy relevant players. I think Fitzpatrick will be a high-end matchup-based QB2, Ivory will be a solid RB2, with some RB1 match-ups, and both Marshall and Decker will probably range out from mid-to-low WR2 to high-end WR4, depending on match-ups with their respective range of outcomes favoring Marshall. Their defense will also be solid against all but the most high octane offenses (sit vs. NE both times, etc)

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Trying to convince the Foster owner in my league to give him up for AJ Green and Knile Davis (he also owns Jamaal Charles). I may have to up the ante to Dez Bryant or OBJ to make this happen :(

• Locked thread