Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Hey peeps, I have been travelling n moving house n not had internet on anything but my phone; someone said something about a soldiers game hundreds of posts back? Please make it start in about a week and a bit so it will coincide with me having internet again properly k, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Puntification posted:

Hey peeps, I have been travelling n moving house n not had internet on anything but my phone; someone said something about a soldiers game hundreds of posts back? Please make it start in about a week and a bit so it will coincide with me having internet again properly k, tia

Punt just because I am sweet, soft, mostly made of unhealthy things and greatly expand in the microwave doesn't make me a peep. That is very hurtful.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Punt just because I am sweet, soft, mostly made of unhealthy things and greatly expand in the microwave doesn't make me a peep. That is very hurtful.

Oh keane you're such a peep-lord.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Puntification posted:

Oh keane you're such a peep-lord.

I've had enough of this! Please stand about two to three inches away from me!*sticks toothpick in chest, microwaves self and waits*

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Even if there wasn't one planned me n keane need to be rivals in a peep-themed one now. Do the needful mafia community.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Puntification posted:

Do the needful mafia community.
be the change.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

EccoRaven posted:

be the change.

But I can't run the thing if I'm beefing with keane over peeps.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Also hella lazy.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Puntification posted:

Also hella lazy.

and there it is.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I would like to play in a soldiers game but I have not had the time to read that ridiculous arrakis game I bookmarked so I am still not perfectly sure on how they work.

Any tweak on normal mafia that allows for cool poo poo is fine by me, though.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

EccoRaven posted:

and there it is.

I will be starting work on the one I forgot about halfway through making it once I have reliable internet again but since I didn't understand the fighting in the soldiers game I played in n got myself killed n1 because of it I'm probably a real bad person to run it.

BottleKnight posted:

I would like to play in a soldiers game but I have not had the time to read that ridiculous arrakis game I bookmarked so I am still not perfectly sure on how they work.

That was a good game! Don't worry I played in one n still not sure how they work except that what I did was wrong n it got me killed n1; we won anyway cos harkonnen are the best.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
pintrest i have finally read phonogam and i hate myself for not reading it earlier but also it was probably the best time for me to read this so. . .

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

busb posted:

i don't enjoy the flavour of curries much, they're okay, but i'll always get a prikh khing or something like that when i go to thai.

when i go to indian restaurants i just spend the entire time wishing it was mexican or spanish or french or italian or legit any other cuisine

You are truly broken as a human being. I feel so sorry for your terrible existence.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You are truly broken as a human being. I feel so sorry for your terrible existence.

Actually it owns being me.I mean surely you have a favourite cuisine that you enjoy the flavours of more than others???

Also puntification yes I am working on another soldiers game. I'm still accepting write in flavours and then ruler pairings after that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

It's exactly like normal mafia. Just yell at people until you get your way.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

busb posted:

Actually it owns being me.I mean surely you have a favourite cuisine that you enjoy the flavours of more than others???

Also puntification yes I am working on another soldiers game. I'm still accepting write in flavours and then ruler pairings after that

My favourite cuisine is food.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Noice let's go out for balut

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

busb posted:

Noice let's go out for balut

The crunch is the best part.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

I'll write the flavor. What kind of length are you looking for in a flip? And how many players?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
That's not quite what i mean magnus, i meant the flavour concept is still nebulous and if there are outstanding ideas i will consider them. playerswise - probably 14-15 per thread for 30 total i think. but really it depends on signups.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

That's not quite what i mean magnus, i meant the flavour concept is still nebulous and if there are outstanding ideas i will consider them. playerswise - probably 14-15 per thread for 30 total i think. but really it depends on signups.

Ok how about this for flavor: DUNE

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
no

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

The Warriors. The movie from the 80's. Tons of different gangs for different abilities. A good gang and a bad gang and tons of different locations

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Im cyrus

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Give up magnus, I gave busb like a million ideas and he won't use them.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

Give up magnus, I gave busb like a million ideas and he won't use them.

engineers vs people that are actually humans

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Australia vs Civilization

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

engineers vs people that are actually humans

The Warriors is a perfect idea for a soldiers game.

the Warriors is a movie about a meeting of the street gangs of distopian New York. At the meeting the leader that called the meeting is killed and the street gang "the Warriors" are blamed for the murder.

The Warriors home turf is Coney Island and they are in the middle of the city surrounded by street gangs that now consider them target #1. Each different gang has a specific style and home turf. One gang gimmick is they all wear skates. another's that they all cross dress. The street gangs do not use guns instead they brawl.

The Warriors were framed for the murder by another gang, the bad guys that the Warriors face last before finally getting home. In this way you can have one thread the Warriors and one thread the gang that framed them.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I just basically designed your flavor. You're welcome.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
So make one! I'm not going to create a game about something I care nothing about though

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

So make one! I'm not going to create a game about something I care nothing about though

Well then why ask for flavor help thenc

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Magnus Gallant posted:

Well then why ask for flavor help thenc

because maybe someone will come up with an idea that I like that i haven't thought about yet, like the Elder Scrolls suggestion.

If you like the idea of warriors mafia/soldiers then i'd be happy for you to run it instead! I just don't want to mod a game that is uninspiring to me personally because it would make for A Bad Game and would peter out in effort like a DBD/Chilli game

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

because maybe someone will come up with an idea that I like that i haven't thought about yet, like the Elder Scrolls suggestion.

If you like the idea of warriors mafia/soldiers then i'd be happy for you to run it instead! I just don't want to mod a game that is uninspiring to me personally because it would make for A Bad Game and would peter out in effort like a DBD/Chilli game

Ok that's cool.

I don't have the time to run a soldiers game but I feel like the Warriors works perfectly for that kind of game.

Also it's a good movie you should check it out if you haven't seen it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Last of Us Soldiers mafia

Hunters vs. Fireflies

include zombies in some way? idk

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mr.capps posted:

pintrest i have finally read phonogam and i hate myself for not reading it earlier but also it was probably the best time for me to read this so. . .

I knew you'd like it~

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

busb posted:

How about for flavour: A Police Action in Candy Town? The filthy neo-imperialist marshmallow peeps help the degenerate southern licorice people hold out against the country being liberated by the heroic northern some other type of candy peoples' army?

Also anyone interested in some csgo?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey merk I decided on the flavor for the Alumni Game:

Elder Scrolls (Soldiers).

I will come up with a setup this weekend. Woo toot toot.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Breaking bad chat:

why did Gus have to die? He was the best, Walt sucks

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

EccoRaven posted:

hey merk I decided on the flavor for the Alumni Game:

Elder Scrolls (Soldiers).

I will come up with a setup this weekend. Woo toot toot.

:raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

you're taking too long :colbert: