Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

Xbone chat sucks poo poo.
no u
see:

GutBomb posted:

They removed the ability to see what displacement your engine has by toggling the stats on the view car screen for some reason. This is vital info when you're tuning. You can get it by looking at the engine swap upgrade to see what you currently have, just like you have to do to get tire widths. It's annoying.

Another tip, if you still use the FM4 tuning calculator you don't have access to the stats database like you did in FM4 that had things like torque, power, and redline RPM. You can get these in test drive though. Make a note of what your max power and max torque are, then go to test drive mode on le mans with no chicanes. at the beginning of the lap stay in 1st gear and drive to redline. note the speed you're traveling at redline and then go into telemetry mode. drive to that speed and look at the RPM number next to it. that's your redline RPM. Then drive up to the long straight. Don't stop, but slow down to about 30 and shift into whatever gear has a 1.000 ratio (usually 4th). Floor the accelerator and watch the HP and RPMs. When you reach your maximum HP look at the RPMs. That's your max power RPM. Slow down to 30 and do it again to get the max torque RPM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

No idea what you are trying to communicate here to me.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Newbie to Goon Forza here. Add me if you need someone to roleplay as a Manor Marussia in your lobbies. Should be on all night tonight after I get home from work in about an hour.

GT: ShallNoiseUpon

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Newbie to Goon Forza here. Add me if you need someone to roleplay as a Manor Marussia in your lobbies. Should be on all night tonight after I get home from work in about an hour.

GT: ShallNoiseUpon

Manor Marussia/McLaren

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.

Norns posted:

Manor Marussia/McLaren

Sorry I've got dibs. I've been roleplaying McLaren since Forza 5.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

No idea what you are trying to communicate here to me.
GutBomb said a lot. It's relevant and important. Read it. Get it. I am trying to communicate to you what he said, because it's not about a console or a game. It's about helping people.

EDIT:
GutBomb is trying to help, and I am merely trying to assist him in helping others. Like, for example, yourself.

Take it, leave it, it's your call.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 11, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Norns had a point. XBox Live chat sucks poo poo. It's full of many bugs. And all of the bugs came out to play in FM6 last night. It's really annoying.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Fair point. I won't argue.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i'm a bit confused why I can't find anybody talking about it.. it seems like it only happened to us or the forza community is just accepting that xbox live chat sucks poo poo

anyways, I'm ready to dice race at any time now or later

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

GutBomb said a lot. It's relevant and important. Read it. Get it. I am trying to communicate to you what he said, because it's not about a console or a game. It's about helping people.

EDIT:
GutBomb is trying to help, and I am merely trying to assist him in helping others. Like, for example, yourself.

Take it, leave it, it's your call.

Are your posts serious or are you roleplaying someone with severe asperger's? I honestly can't tell. I thought you were joking at first.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I will not be playing Forza much this weekend. Please share your photos :3:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

Are your posts serious or are you roleplaying someone with severe asperger's? I honestly can't tell. I thought you were joking at first.

This.

I still have no loving clue what he's going about.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

This.

I still have no loving clue what he's going about.

I like the game, because it seems pretty good. I don't know about chat so I quoted one of my favorite experts. I apologize to you for making a mistake. I am truly sorry. Please accept my apology. Please have a good time.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh, I always have a good time. Don't you worry.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

I like the game, because it seems pretty good. I don't know about chat so I quoted one of my favorite experts. I apologize to you for making a mistake. I am truly sorry. Please accept my apology. Please have a good time.

Yea, but Gutbomb wasn't talking about chat so it doesn't make any sense to quote him. You said it was relevant and important but it had nothing to do with Norn's complaint.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ethanol posted:

i'm a bit confused why I can't find anybody talking about it.. it seems like it only happened to us or the forza community is just accepting that xbox live chat sucks poo poo

anyways, I'm ready to dice race at any time now or later

the mods on forzamotorsport.net's forums are quite excited when they can delete threads and posts complaining about the game. so if you cant find anything there, thats likely because those threads are getting deleted.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

GutBomb posted:

They removed the ability to see what displacement your engine has by toggling the stats on the view car screen for some reason. This is vital info when you're tuning. You can get it by looking at the engine swap upgrade to see what you currently have, just like you have to do to get tire widths. It's annoying.

Another tip, if you still use the FM4 tuning calculator you don't have access to the stats database like you did in FM4 that had things like torque, power, and redline RPM. You can get these in test drive though. Make a note of what your max power and max torque are, then go to test drive mode on le mans with no chicanes. at the beginning of the lap stay in 1st gear and drive to redline. note the speed you're traveling at redline and then go into telemetry mode. drive to that speed and look at the RPM number next to it. that's your redline RPM. Then drive up to the long straight. Don't stop, but slow down to about 30 and shift into whatever gear has a 1.000 ratio (usually 4th). Floor the accelerator and watch the HP and RPMs. When you reach your maximum HP look at the RPMs. That's your max power RPM. Slow down to 30 and do it again to get the max torque RPM.

:cripes: thank you for finding that but, also, lmao. Just show me a four digit number. Why did they remove all the lovely numbers?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Zinjnok posted:

Yea, but Gutbomb wasn't talking about chat so it doesn't make any sense to quote him. You said it was relevant and important but it had nothing to do with Norn's complaint.
I'm sincerely sorry. I apologize. I admit my mistakes. I was confused, as happens too often, and I misspoke.

Please forgive me. I don't know what else to say.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'm sincerely sorry. I apologize. I admit my mistakes. I was confused, as happens too often, and I misspoke.

Please forgive me. I don't know what else to say.

Let it go cholo. It's all good.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

Let it go cholo. It's all good.

quote:

cho·lo
ˈCHōlō/
noun
noun: cholo; plural noun: cholos
a Latin American with Indian blood; a mestizo.
USinformaloffensive
a lower-class Mexican, especially in an urban area.
US
a teenage boy, especially in a Mexican-American community, who is a member of a street gang.
I thank you so very, very much.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 11, 2015

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Getting all of your free cars is such a gigantic pain in the rear end.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Getting all of your free cars is such a gigantic pain in the rear end.

I got the first on car on the list, said eff this then just grabbed the 358 Italia and called it a day.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Ugh what's with the camera positions in some of the cockpits? For instance, driving the Hellcat Challenger, I feel like an eight year old kid trying to look over the steering wheel. Seriously, the top of it is at eye-level. That doesn't seem accurate.

Edit: also, if anyone has done the Corvette Passing Showcase event, this will look immensely familiar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K89pMr2XnPA

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 11, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

Norns had a point. XBox Live chat sucks poo poo. It's full of many bugs. And all of the bugs came out to play in FM6 last night. It's really annoying.

Should we use mumble? Is that an option we'd want to use until this is sorted?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

geeves posted:

Should we use mumble? Is that an option we'd want to use until this is sorted?

Party chat should suffice. It's completely out of the game.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Ok - someone re-sorted the Gamertag list ... so I give up trying to figure out who I have and haven't added.

Goal is to learn some better nighttime braking points this weekend. Spa in the Dark is goddamn tricky. Hopefully chat is working better so I can apologize properly if I misjudge it :)

Also - Watkins Glen ... wow. I like that track.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Not going to be able to play much tomorrow because I'm granting a kid's Make A Wish thing.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

So for the TX, I updated the firmware to 49.b whatever that was released in June and still the game just does not recognize the wheel. FH2 and F5 are just fine :argh:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pvax posted:

Also - Watkins Glen ... wow. I like that track.

It is the Best Race Track In The World, after all.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Comrade Flynn posted:

Not going to be able to play much tomorrow because I'm granting a kid's Make A Wish thing.

Are you John Cena?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I can't tell the difference between Watkins Glen and brands hatch unless I really try. There is a little Sonoma short in there as well if it isn't in brown drought mode.

Just for shits and giggles, what were the first 3 cars you bought with your own forzabucks? (Ignoring free cars and gifts like the tutorial/demo car)

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

TheScott2K posted:

Are you John Cena?

He's humble bragging about his lambo.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Just for shits and giggles, what were the first 3 cars you bought with your own forzabucks? (Ignoring free cars and gifts like the tutorial/demo car)

NC Miata, Fiesta ST, and a GT86.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 12, 2015

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

MattD1zzl3 posted:

'71 BMW 2002 Turbo
'91 BMW M3
'95 BMW M5

Gotta have a BMW for every class to get that affinity level up.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Lancia 037
Zakspeed Ford Capri Turbo
Fiat X1/9

And this probably won't last long, but I'm currently 1st in America and 6th in the world on the COTA McLaren rivals!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

has anybody noticed how much better the sound is in 6? like i just want to sit in my broken bmw and listen to and watch the race cars come from around a bend a mile away

2013 MX-5
1973 RX-7
1975 Ford Bronco :getin:

ethanol fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 12, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
VW Bus
Mercedes 300SL Gullwing
aaaaaand that's it so far. I've been doing Rivals and racing in the League room, which is D-Class.

I'll end up with a bunch of BMW's but I'm trying to save some of that for later since I never ended up driving them in FM5 because I got the BMW affinity up so fast and then wanted to get other affinities up.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
You have a Lamborghini :o?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Top Hats Monthly posted:

You have a Lamborghini :o?

Murcielago.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd say I hate you. But let's be honest. I'm just jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

BCRock posted:

'71 BMW 2002 Turbo

I love this car. Probably my most driven car in FH2. Used it in the first career segment.

It's the only car I've bought so far. I'm trying to load up on credits before I go look to see what I want.

I do think I'll do rivals on Sonoma with the gift cars and load up. I really, really like that track.

• Locked thread