Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Got lost in a page flip but my question boils down to

.5 ppr

Melvin Gordon v Detroit
vs
Gio Bernard @ Oakland

Bonus TE question:

Donnell
Owen Daniels
Dwayne Allen
Ertz if he plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Opponent has Gronk so I need the nuclear option. Highest ceiling (1 ppr): Mcfadden vs NYG, Bernard @Oak, Yeldon vs CAR. I'm currently going McFadden (opponent also has Randle so covariance)

Highest ceiling might be Gio because I think that either he could get some work early while they run up the score or Oakland could score enough that Cincy doesn't go into grind mode, and either way, if he finds his way into the endzone he'll put up some good points. I'd say McFadden has the highest floor though, and a high enough ceiling in his own right, so I'd probably go with him.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
.5 ppr ESPN league, I have Jarvis Landry (currently starting), Darren Sproles, or Devonta Freeman. I think I might swap in Freeman for higher upside, but if he doesn't end up playing I'm probably hosed.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
Standard ESPN League:

Andrew Luck @ BUF
Matt Ryan vs. PHI

Buffalo has a great defense, and I like Ryan's chances against the Eagles. That said, don't sit your studs.

Thoughts?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Inspector 34 posted:

.5 ppr ESPN league, I have Jarvis Landry (currently starting), Darren Sproles, or Devonta Freeman. I think I might swap in Freeman for higher upside, but if he doesn't end up playing I'm probably hosed.

Landry has the highest floor and upside of those guys. Don't switch him out. Coleman is the starter and Freeman has been gimpy for awhile now, and wasn't any good last year anyway.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

B-Mac posted:

QB question
Wilson at STL or
Bridgewater at SF

Related:
Wilson @ STL
Bradford @ ATL

Seems like Wilson is obviously the safer pick while Bradford has a much higher ceiling. I drafted Wilson way too early so it sucks to consider sitting him, but... You gotta do what you gotta do I guess :smith:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
^ being how bad the ATL defense is and how good the STL defense is, I can see the argument for either. When in doubt and in the early season, let ADP be your guide. Wilson.

Pick 2, .5 ppr:

Stevie vs DET
Hyde vs MIN
Agholor @ ATL

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

GamingHyena posted:

Standard ESPN League:

Andrew Luck @ BUF
Matt Ryan vs. PHI

Buffalo has a great defense, and I like Ryan's chances against the Eagles. That said, don't sit your studs.

Thoughts?

DSYS

Single and LOVING IT
Apr 4, 2004
The monkeys are coming. . .
Standard scoring - no PPR (not super relevant for this question)

Unsure which defense to play.

Bills D/ST vs. Colts
Panthers D/ST @ Jaguars

I have both Bills and Panthers, and I was a bit worried about the Colts offense against the Bills. Thinking about playing the Panthers D/ST instead against the Jags.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Frobop posted:

Standard scoring - no PPR (not super relevant for this question)

Unsure which defense to play.

Bills D/ST vs. Colts
Panthers D/ST @ Jaguars

I have both Bills and Panthers, and I was a bit worried about the Colts offense against the Bills. Thinking about playing the Panthers D/ST instead against the Jags.

Panthers. Take a look at my question while you're here.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

^ being how bad the ATL defense is and how good the STL defense is, I can see the argument for either. When in doubt and in the early season, let ADP be your guide. Wilson.

Pick 2, .5 ppr:

Stevie vs DET
Hyde vs MIN
Agholor @ ATL

Stevie and Agholor. I'm not 100% sold on Hyde and think Minn will be decent against the run this year. I think that Philly/Atl game is going to be like 28-35 with a lot of passing.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

Pick 2, .5 ppr:

Stevie vs DET
Hyde vs MIN
Agholor @ ATL

When in doubt and in the early season, let ADP be your guide. Hyde and Agholor :) I wouldn't blame you starting Stevie instead of Hyde, but I think you play it safe week 1, start the guy you know will get the bulk of the work for his team at his position, and reevaluate next week when you see how Stevie fares.

Single and LOVING IT
Apr 4, 2004
The monkeys are coming. . .

Suave Fedora posted:

Pick 2, .5 ppr:

Stevie vs DET
Hyde vs MIN
Agholor @ ATL

MacheteZombie posted:

Stevie and Agholor. I'm not 100% sold on Hyde and think Minn will be decent against the run this year. I think that Philly/Atl game is going to be like 28-35 with a lot of passing.

I agree on starting Agholor, but I'd lean toward Hyde over Stevie. I think Minnesota is going to take a little time to get their defense going, so I'd bet on Hyde week 1 over Stevie.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

When in doubt and in the early season, let ADP be your guide. Hyde and Agholor :) I wouldn't blame you starting Stevie instead of Hyde, but I think you play it safe week 1, start the guy you know will get the bulk of the work for his team at his position, and reevaluate next week when you see how Stevie fares.

:argh: using my own logic against me

I can't argue with that. Hyde and Agholor it is.

I also have Mike Evans but can't stomach the risk he presents with his injury situation.

V my concern exactly. I got burned by Brandon Marshall this way, and I'm sure many AJ Green owners as well. poo poo even Megatron was a decoy at some point last season.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 11, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

I also have Mike Evans but can't stomach the risk he presents with his injury situation.

If he plays, it has "decoy" written all over it.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I need a FLEX this week, standard, no ppr:

Isaiah Crowell
Bishop Sankey
Stevie Johnson
Charles Johnson

TommyGun85 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 11, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

TommyGun85 posted:

I need a FLEX this week:

Isaiah Crowell
Bishop Sankey
Stevie Johnson
Charles Johnson

PPR?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
sorry, standard no ppr

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

TommyGun85 posted:

I need a FLEX this week:

Isaiah Crowell
Bishop Sankey
Stevie Johnson
Charles Johnson

Stevie, though Sankey has a decent matchup if you are a believer (I'm not)

help me figure out my poo poo for the 3 leagues I care about, bolded current starters

10 team - Standard scoring - pick 2 for FLEX spots

Andre Eillington vs NO
Lamar Miller @ Wsh
Golden Tate @ SD
Andre Johnson @ Buf
Jarvis Landry @ Wsh
Rashad Jennings @ Dal

also Sam Bradford or Matt Stafford?

12 team - 1 PPR - choose my FLEX

Eddie Royal vs GB
Jonathan Stewart @ Jax
Roddy White vs Phi

12 team - 0.5 PPR - choose my FLEX

Jarvis Landry @ Wsh
Golden Tate @ SD
Nelson Agholor @ Atl (already starting Jordan Matthews)
Stevie Johnson vs Det

Varg fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 11, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Varg posted:

Jarvis Landry @ Wsh
Golden Tate @ SD
Nelson Agholor @ Atl (already starting Jordan Matthews)
Stevie Johnson vs Det

sup Landry/Tate/Agholor/Johnson owner :catstare: If you have Cobb and James Jones in place of Matthews you'd have the exact same roster as I do in my keeper league

There's also my big money league where I own Matthews, Agholor, Johnson, and would've had Tate if he didn't get sniped from me at the end of the 4th.

I think those all look good to me.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

standard 0 ppr, this is probably more of a "pick whoever" question, but still figure I might as well ask -

Tyler Eifert @ OAK
Kyle Rudolph @ SF
Dwayne Allen @ BUF

I have Rudolph now, and the only reason I'm a little gunshy on Allen is because I have Andre Johnson as my WR2 and don't like playing receivers from the same team.

420 stream TEs everyday

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Eifert is a better play this week and ROS than the other two. Get him ASAP

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

standard 0 ppr, this is probably more of a "pick whoever" question, but still figure I might as well ask -

Tyler Eifert @ OAK
Kyle Rudolph @ SF
Dwayne Allen @ BUF

I have Rudolph now, and the only reason I'm a little gunshy on Allen is because I have Andre Johnson as my WR2 and don't like playing receivers from the same team.

420 stream TEs everyday

Eifert for sure. Should be Dalton's #2 target behind Green, and I think he's shown well in preseason. Don't forget game 1 last year, he had 3-37 in the first quarter (IIRC), and that was with a healthy AJ Green and Gio Bernard being the lead back (together they had 19 targets that game). I easily take Eifert as the best of the bunch behind the clear top 5 or 6 TEs.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Need to choose a flex, standard scoring. The best options look like:
Darren McFadden vs NYG
Anquan Boldin vs MIN
Stevie Johnson vs DET

I am not sure how much I trust the 49ers offense, but if any receiver does something, it will probably be Boldin. I am not sure how much work McFadden or Johnson will get, I can forsee them both either getting a lot of targets/touches, or very few.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Eifert is a better play this week and ROS than the other two. Get him ASAP

RVProfootballer posted:

Eifert for sure. Should be Dalton's #2 target behind Green, and I think he's shown well in preseason. Don't forget game 1 last year, he had 3-37 in the first quarter (IIRC), and that was with a healthy AJ Green and Gio Bernard being the lead back (together they had 19 targets that game). I easily take Eifert as the best of the bunch behind the clear top 5 or 6 TEs.

Done, thank you both!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

V my concern exactly. I got burned by Brandon Marshall this way, and I'm sure many AJ Green owners as well. poo poo even Megatron was a decoy at some point last season.

Not sure if this will impact your decision, but Evans is back at practice and "looked good".

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
1-point PPR:

Tyler Lockett or Kamar Aiken?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

1-point PPR:

Tyler Lockett or Kamar Aiken?

Aiken is the starting WR2 opposite Steve Smith. Lockett will be lucky to see a handful of snap on offense. Easy call for Aiken.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Standard NFL League

I need to start 2 RBs and a flex, who should start?

RB Rashad Jennings @ Dallas
RB Frank Gore @ Buffalo
RB TJ Yeldon vs Carolina
RB Isaiah Crowell @ NYJ
WR Allen Robinson vs Carolina
WR Mike Wallace @ San Francisco
WR Kendall Wright @TB

Jennings will probably be RB#1. Gore, Yeldon, and Crowell have bad matchups. I could just pick one and then one receiver. I like Robinson, Carolina's front 7 is good so he might see some targets. Wallace is a giant question mark. Wright I secretly think could have a good game here depending on Mariota.

Leaning Jennings, Gore, and Wright. Gore has a bad match up, but the Colts could win and spend the fourth grinding out the clock. TB was bad vs WRs last year, did they improve? Should I do three rbs? Is ADP going to open up Wallace? I'm kinda up in the air here.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Standard scoring, I would go with Jennings and Gore as the RBs and Robinson as the flex, PPR I'd start Wright over Robinson maybe.

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks
New to all of this, and was never a huge football fan before:

1 PPR

Flex
Nelson Agholor, Phi WR @ATL
or
Isaiah Crowell, Cle RB @NYJ

It seems like everything points to Agholor, due to PPR. However, my (inferior) logic says...
- Crowell is the Browns main RB
- For passing, Browns QB McCown vs Jets D...uhhh (but that will probably affect Crowell negatively too)
- Eagles look like they have a lot of weapons for both WR and RB, so Agholor is one of many

Thoughts? I'm probably overthinking this...

BrownClown fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 11, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Definitely Agholor, when in doubt saddle up for CWR

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Can't decide my flex. .5 PPR

Randle vs NYG
Boldin vs Min
Stevie vs Det
Abdullah @ SD

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

for a flex, .5 PPR: gio bernard @OAK or vincent jackson vTEN

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Teeter posted:

Can't decide my flex. .5 PPR

Randle vs NYG
Boldin vs Min
Stevie vs Det
Abdullah @ SD

Stevie

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

for a flex, .5 PPR: gio bernard @OAK or vincent jackson vTEN

VJax

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

quote:

Lions offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi strongly suggested that Abdullah will have a key role in Sunday's regular-season opener against the Chargers, ESPN.com reports. "[Abdullah]'s going to get a chance to run the ball and he's going to be used extensively in the pass game," Lombardi said. "So, like a lot of running backs, he's a well-rounded player, which makes it easy. People call them three-down backs, and he is certainly a guy that can do it all, so he'll be rotated in there and we expect good things from him."

Buuuhhhh. In standard scoring, do I dare start Abdullah @ SD at flex in place of Andre "old as poo poo" Johnson @ BUF or Frank "on a snap count" Gore @ BUF? Opponent had Gronk, so I am going to be coming from behind... (I can start 2 of those 3)

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
John Brown vs. Saints

or

Yeldon vs. Carolina

PPR

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

Buuuhhhh. In standard scoring, do I dare start Abdullah @ SD at flex in place of Andre "old as poo poo" Johnson @ BUF or Frank "on a snap count" Gore @ BUF? Opponent had Gronk, so I am going to be coming from behind... (I can start 2 of those 3)

I might consider starting him over Andre Johnson actually.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Combo posted:

I might consider starting him over Andre Johnson actually.

Fantasy pros has it 51% in favor of Abdullah over Johnson, hah. Alright, I'm fully on the hype train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
idp league and my rbs are a tire fire because of taking watt in the first round

RB2:

I. Crowell @ NYJ
M. Gordon v. DET
R. Jennings @ DAL

I dropped the ball big time by not playing Williams last night.

• Locked thread