Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Ben Grahams Ghost posted:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/11/9310119/tim-cook-apple-iphone-6s-event

"Even in years when Apple isn’t taking the really big swings, like an entirely new product category or service, its control over the levers of both hardware and software allow it to iterate in more meaningful and important ways than anyone else."

I bet nilay is starting to regret the re/code tie up now if he didn't already

mossberg called again. apparently he gets a phone call from Apple media rel every time the verge writes a story and they yell at him. he left a message to "act like an adult and stop loving this up"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

/r/pcmasterrace is now fawning over Ouya-tier, ARM-based consoles now that the  TV is out (as long as it's not the  TV) proving again they're just butt hurt that apple won

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3kit8c/nvidias_response_to_apple_tv_gaming_xpost_from/

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

maniacdevnull posted:

lol @ janitoring your phone

I'm a dev so that's just part of the job :sigh:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
what the gently caress is an nvidia shield

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

poty posted:

i think it is/was a handheld device by nvidia that failed, so they turned it into a set-top box with the same name and specs?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the handheld was extremely big and heavy and wasn't really meant to go outside the house, instead letting you play games comfortably on your couch, which there was no other way to do before.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

mishaq posted:

lol verizon is terrible

don't they all do that

anyway it works out to $105/month for 6gb data and unlimited talk/text incl the phone payment. i pay $85 right now off contract

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

PleasureKevin posted:

i think it is/was a handheld device by nvidia that failed, so they turned it into a set-top box with the same name and specs?

PleasureKevin posted:

the handheld was extremely big and heavy and wasn't really meant to go outside the house, instead letting you play games comfortably on your couch, which there was no other way to do before.

sounds like a winner

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Puppy Galaxy posted:

don't they all do that

lol no

e: also cricket 5gb data unlimited other stuff, 50/month on at&t network. same with straight talk, or thereabouts

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

imagine an ouya but worse

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
ouuuuuuuuuyaaaaaaaa

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
American Airlines is powered by android garbage.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
we should have heeded the warning, when apple inflicted U2 on everyone

the Age of Style is over

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Neurolimal posted:

we should have heeded the warning, when apple inflicted U2 on everyone

the Age of Style is over

apple has always been dadly as gently caress about music
http://www.applemusic.info/

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

qirex posted:

Since when is The Weeknd or Glass Animals dadrock!?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

teen dads

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mulva posted:

The Weeknd

he wanna be mj

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Mulva posted:

there's some newish stuff in there but there's also a lot of
coldplay
foo fighters
jack johnson
john meyer
u2
etc.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PleasureKevin posted:

/r/pcmasterrace is now fawning over Ouya-tier, ARM-based consoles now that the  TV is out (as long as it's not the  TV) proving again they're just butt hurt that apple won

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3kit8c/nvidias_response_to_apple_tv_gaming_xpost_from/

oh word

what else is going on at reddit

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZEtVbJT5c&t=20s

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lol, Apple is killing web ads for the most affluent consumers

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

good.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The Management posted:

trickle down ad revenue

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Mulva posted:

*takes off glasses*

mr. mulva... i'm sorry i'm the one who has to tell you this...

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

The Management posted:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i scoff so hard when wired claims it will "destroy the open web"

the open web. only beholden to like 100 wealthy clients. so open.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

qirex posted:

im the goon on that list

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.apple.com/ca/" on this server.
Reference #18.83f354b8.1442033092.2174d8ff

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

I find it hilarious that as long as the iPhone had only 8 mega pixels isheep insisted that higher pixels don't make a difference... but now that the iPhone finally has similar pixel counts as 4 year old android devices they are wetting themselves over the pixel count. I remember a time when isheep scoffed at larger screens because "the smaller iPhone scene was just perfect and everything bigger was nonsense". Then 3 years after the first large screen androids hit the market apple tells their sheep to be excited about the "new" larger iPhone screen and the isheep celebrated like it was the second coming of Christ. I remember when isheep scoffed at full HD screens because "the eye could not see the difference". Then three years after full HD android devices hit the market apple tells their sheep to be excited about the first iPhone with a full HD screen and the isheep celebrated it like it was the second coming off Christ. I remember when isheep scoffed at two digit mega pixel cameras on smartphones because "higher mega pixel" was pointless and didn't make for better pictures". Then 4 years after two digit mega pixel camera android devices hit the market now apple tells their sheep to be excited about their first iphone with a two digit mega pixel camera and the isheep celebrate this "new innovation" like it's the second coming of Christ... The isheep are still scoffing at 4 and 8 core processors, quad HD displays, IR blasters, true multi tasking, even higher pixel densities, even higher mega pixel cameras, removable and fast charging batteries and so on.... Watch the isheep celebrate each and every single one of these conveniences they are scoffing at now in three to four years from now once apple "invents" them. If apple invented a round rubber thingy which allows for stuff to be moved quicker and easier and called it the "iwheel" isheep would celebrate that "new innovation" like it was the second coming of Christ too. Lol! Was the iPhone innovative and the best at one point? Absolutely. Those were the days they got my buying dollar. I used to buy blackberry when they were the best. Then I switched to the iPhone because they annihilated the competition. Then android played catch up for a few years but finally surpassed it. These days flagship android devices make the iPhone look like an etch a sketch. I'm not saying that either phone is "better" than the other. I am just saying that flagship android devices and iPhones are aimed to appeal to different kind of people... If you are a well informed and free thinking individual who wants customization and freedom... If you realize that brand loyalty is idiocy and buying the best technology bang with your hard earned dollar makes sense to you then a flagship android device will be your choice... But if you have trouble remembering which remote controls which device, you prefer "being told" what's the best for you rather than doing proper research, you like having the exact same phone as everyone else including the average teenager and the Mc Donalds fry guy... If you believe that the core message of Buddhism is "every man for himself" and adult diapers have become an acceptable replacement for regular underwear, well then... Then truly the iPhone is a much better choice for you.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
huge

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
i really wanna know why panic has that in their office

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

megapixels don't mean poo poo with a lovely cross talking sensor

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

cremnob posted:

I find it hilarious that as long as the iPhone had only 8 mega pixels isheep insisted that higher pixels don't make a difference... but now that the iPhone finally has similar pixel counts as 4 year old android devices they are wetting themselves over the pixel count. I remember a time when isheep scoffed at larger screens because "the smaller iPhone scene was just perfect and everything bigger was nonsense". Then 3 years after the first large screen androids hit the market apple tells their sheep to be excited about the "new" larger iPhone screen and the isheep celebrated like it was the second coming of Christ. I remember when isheep scoffed at full HD screens because "the eye could not see the difference". Then three years after full HD android devices hit the market apple tells their sheep to be excited about the first iPhone with a full HD screen and the isheep celebrated it like it was the second coming off Christ. I remember when isheep scoffed at two digit mega pixel cameras on smartphones because "higher mega pixel" was pointless and didn't make for better pictures". Then 4 years after two digit mega pixel camera android devices hit the market now apple tells their sheep to be excited about their first iphone with a two digit mega pixel camera and the isheep celebrate this "new innovation" like it's the second coming of Christ... The isheep are still scoffing at 4 and 8 core processors, quad HD displays, IR blasters, true multi tasking, even higher pixel densities, even higher mega pixel cameras, removable and fast charging batteries and so on.... Watch the isheep celebrate each and every single one of these conveniences they are scoffing at now in three to four years from now once apple "invents" them. If apple invented a round rubber thingy which allows for stuff to be moved quicker and easier and called it the "iwheel" isheep would celebrate that "new innovation" like it was the second coming of Christ too. Lol! Was the iPhone innovative and the best at one point? Absolutely. Those were the days they got my buying dollar. I used to buy blackberry when they were the best. Then I switched to the iPhone because they annihilated the competition. Then android played catch up for a few years but finally surpassed it. These days flagship android devices make the iPhone look like an etch a sketch. I'm not saying that either phone is "better" than the other. I am just saying that flagship android devices and iPhones are aimed to appeal to different kind of people... If you are a well informed and free thinking individual who wants customization and freedom... If you realize that brand loyalty is idiocy and buying the best technology bang with your hard earned dollar makes sense to you then a flagship android device will be your choice... But if you have trouble remembering which remote controls which device, you prefer "being told" what's the best for you rather than doing proper research, you like having the exact same phone as everyone else including the average teenager and the Mc Donalds fry guy... If you believe that the core message of Buddhism is "every man for himself" and adult diapers have become an acceptable replacement for regular underwear, well then... Then truly the iPhone is a much better choice for you.

it's the input lag, stupid

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

drat... el capitan just owned my 2012 Macbook Air

installed the GM and it crashed during install
now my Mac won't boot, and recovery mode crashes too...

Tim :argh:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Ludwig van Halen posted:

drat... el capitan just owned my 2012 Macbook Air

installed the GM and it crashed during install
now my Mac won't boot, and recovery mode crashes too...

Tim :argh:
and that's why microsoft is cool again

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

el cap runs great on my 2012 MBA. it's the world's most advanced desktop operating system.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

more like el crappo

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

try reset pram idk

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

ordered my iphone 6s. going to sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

was going to order a 6s but it would have to be sent to my apartment and I'm not staying home from work to get a phone

• Locked thread