Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I hate to say it because usually when it comes up, its both wrong and idiotic, but...

... is Josh Burns taking a dive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
this hamburger eating contest is causing flashbacks of kimbo/houston alexander

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Northjayhawk posted:

I hate to say it because usually when it comes up, its both wrong and idiotic, but...

Burns was brought in to fight Bobby Lashley. When it comes to b-league supperweights, the bottom-end of ability is deeeeeeep

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
If he wasn't paid off to lose, then Burns should be cut. He's incredibly bad.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Northjayhawk posted:

If Burns was going to take a dive he probably would have dropped after one of those knees so the ref could stop it, or stuck his head into a choke, rather than letting Wren tee off on him for half the fight.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Just tuning in. Anything noteworthy I missed?

E: I love this Dave and Busters commercial because they somehow got their three literally most stupid people on the whole roster and said "yes, these guys should be the face of our promotion in this overpriced bar-cade commercial."

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 29, 2015

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

fatherdog posted:

Justin Wren returns after five years so he can donate every cent of his fight purses to support a destitute pygmy tribe in the Congo, which has got to make his opponent feel like kind of a dick. Also it's going to make it that much more depressing when he eventually fights Cheik and gets his balls kneed off.

MMA Fighter Rescues Pygmies in Congo, Loses Testes to Kongo.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
The Young Assassin looks not so young anymore.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:ortiz: is grain havoc on your face

https://vine.co/v/eIm60QQDuPK

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's heartbreaking honestly, because you can tell he watched so many pro wrestling promos and was able to even identify common trends and methods used in them, but is still just too tongue-twisted and mentally handicapped to actually execute any of them.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

I enjoy listening to Tito attempt to put words together into coherent sentences. His in ring interviews at Affliction (i think) were all time classics.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Nothing touches the cyborg press conference, his finest work

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
:ortiz:

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Google Butt posted:

Nothing touches the cyborg press conference, his finest work

I showed my sister that one. She doesn't give a poo poo about MMA or combat sports and have never heard of Tito Ortiz. She watched the whole thing and then started showing it to her friends.

What I'm trying to say is that Tito is still a draw.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
So a fighter I know has just gotten back on the wagon, cleaned himself up a bit, and 5 minutes ago announced his next fight on Facebook... 2 minutes ago said fighter got a call from the org he fights for asking him to take his Facebook status down as it's meant to be a secret.

I hope this sport or the players in it never change, it's magical.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I figured JT would be a logical opponent for Lashley, who was announced sans opponent on Bellator's next trip to STL. I plan on going to that one so I'll see if I can get a picture for you, willie, but please don't use me to give him any messages as a loophole to your restraining order.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Bluedeanie posted:

I figured JT would be a logical opponent for Lashley, who was announced sans opponent on Bellator's next trip to STL. I plan on going to that one so I'll see if I can get a picture for you, willie, but please don't use me to give him any messages as a loophole to your restraining order.

No restraint order. He txt me today telling me he was coming back

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Lashley may be taking the loving piss by ducking JT along with Fedor now. Will no one fight the best?!

https://twitter.com/jcolossus/status/638800807488548864

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

willie_dee posted:

Lashley may be taking the loving piss by ducking JT along with Fedor now. Will no one fight the best?!

Lashley can't fight anyone even halfway good or he'll lose...

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

willie_dee posted:

I just realized that JT is arguably on a 7 fight win streak.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Droopy Goines posted:

I just realized that JT is arguably on a 7 fight win streak.

Yup, starting when we became friends oddly.

Now I just have to prove George is gay and my journalistic stint will be complete.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:drat: that deserves some acknowledgement. The guy's chin snaps up above where his forehead was before the kick fired.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

willie_dee posted:

Yup, starting when we became friends oddly.

Now I just have to prove George is gay and my journalistic stint will be complete.

Dude's rich for the rest of his life, barring terrible financial choices. I'd imagine he's feelin' gay 24/7.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

What fight is that?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I don't know the fight but it was XFC's KOTY and Luis Santos is kicking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho0W5pBvNIs

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Interesting article from behind the scenes at Pride

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/388511/Fedors-former-manager-details-PRIDE-Yakuza-ties/

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This was posted in the main UFC thread, but it's worth posting here, too: Pancrase 270 will be on Fight Pass on October 4. Four more Pancrase live shows will be on Fight Pass this year. Also, as mentioned in the past, the Pancrase fight library will be uploaded to Fight Pass "within the next few weeks".

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I was driving around town today, and I counted 3 Tito vs whoever billboards. I've never seen any other MMA billboards here. Crazy.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I was driving around town today, and I counted 3 Tito vs whoever billboards. I've never seen any other MMA billboards here. Crazy.

In Venice there's a huge TUF multi-panel ad on a wall somewhere along Lincoln. The only other time they had any MMA ads were for Rousey/Carmouche, and it was a billboard featuring Machida/Hendo

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Hey, yinz remember Viacheslav Datsik, that guy who knocked out Arlovski in their pro debuts then went on a crime spree, got sent to an insane asylum after claiming to his court-appointed psychiatrist that he was in the reincarnation of a slavic pagan god, escaped from said asylum by ripping through the fence with his bare hands, stole a boat and snuck into Norway where he tried to claim political asylum based on being a neo-nazi before being deported back to Russia where he demanded to be given the maximum sentence on the basis that he was "too raw for humanity"? Well, contrary to previous rumors about his death in a Siberian labor camp, he is alive and is very upset about the deleterious effect that Alexander Emelianenko's release might have on society:

"Fightland posted:

Emelianenko is no angel himself, having been sentenced to prison for four-and-a-half years in May 2015 after being found guilty of rape. Aleks also has some questionable Russian prison tattoos some have accused as promoting potential Neo Nazi beliefs.

The diabolic Datsik sent his page-long diatribe to the Moscow courts. This included the following rambled passage: “I have known Aleks since 2003. Initially it was sport and friendship. But, I did not recognise his vile and rotten nature. This man is prone to betrayal and deception to profit from his friends and acquaintances.” This is before he accuses Fedor’s sibling of beating women at sporting events.

However, the two were supposedly friends at one point in time according to Datsik. In 2010, Emelianenko refuted this, saying: “This man isn’t a normal person. People like him shouldn’t be around normal people. He should be kept separate from society.”

To that, Datsik then publicly asked—from a prison cell, of course—to have Emelinaneko’s address so he can come find and confront him once he eventually gets his release from prison. If that ever happens, anyway.

It is highly doubtful that Datsik’s plea to the courts will see the time of day. But, this is the latest incident in one of the strangest and longest-running rivalries MMA has to offer.

Ogantai fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Sep 11, 2015

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's a loving godzilla movie of colossal russian shits, what a battle

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Handwriting is on point though.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Beautiful penmanship.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Remember that amazing Japanese card with the strippers and the guy falling off the cage doing a Tree of Woe? THEY'RE STREAMING AGAIN TONIGHT! 1AM EST here: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv234087966 If someone knows how to use niconico, fill me in, as it seems complicated.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

individual865 posted:

Remember that amazing Japanese card with the strippers and the guy falling off the cage doing a Tree of Woe? THEY'RE STREAMING AGAIN TONIGHT! 1AM EST here: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv234087966 If someone knows how to use niconico, fill me in, as it seems complicated.

I've got a nico account (used it for Moat Fights). I'll see what I can find out tonight

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

LobsterMobster posted:

I've got a nico account (used it for Moat Fights). I'll see what I can find out tonight

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

individual865 posted:

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO!

Every fight will have Sadstorm on in the background

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Neither Bantamweight made weight for the Invicta 14 main event title fight although Evinger was only 0.2 lbs over 135. Pannie came in at 136.7 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Le Saboteur posted:

Neither Bantamweight made weight for the Invicta 14 main event title fight although Evinger was only 0.2 lbs over 135. Pannie came in at 136.7 or something.
Evinger almost lost her belt too but managed to cut down. Apparently a bunch of fighters missed weight, was there something wrong with the scale they used to test their cuts?