Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
yeah. i was wanting to watch hiko more than LG though. PGL has a lot of nice touches, it seems like they're real casters/its a real sport more than, say, esl or any other series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
im glad the mainstay of lovely music being played on breaks isnt lost on them though

prolapsed
Sep 9, 2015

Bohemian Nights posted:

There's just more microphones to go around now, I think.

You'll get back into the swing of things pretty fast. I came from an even longer break, having only played this game semi-seriously back in the 1.X days and once the base mechanics were down I pretty soon started to feel like I had a leg up on most people (at the lower ranks) when it came to gamesense and mid round decision making/calls. Just give it some time and you'll soon be clicking heads like you never took a break at all.

e: had an okay 1v4.5 ace on inferno today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSiDbTvzHAY

sg lyfe

Am I being a dumb gently caress, or is jumping and awping mid jump actually a thing now? I've seen a couple people in d2 long jump from the pit and HS someone at the bomb a couple times. I've been playing some aim maps to figure out the recoil. Seems a bit different than Source from what I remember.

Nice video. I have an old one buried somewhere where I clutched a round in a match against another CAL team by killing the dude with a flash bang bouncing off him.

Also it doesn't seem like in GO you can shoot barrels in dust and furniture in office.

prolapsed fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 12, 2015

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

prolapsed posted:

Am I being a dumb gently caress, or is jumping and awping mid jump actually a thing now? I've seen a couple people in d2 long jump from the pit and HS someone at the bomb a couple times. I've been playing some aim maps to figure out the recoil. Seems a bit different than Source from what I remember.
Also it doesn't seem like in GO you can shoot barrels in dust and furniture in office.

Kind of but no. While you can jump and awp, you'll only hit your shots if you're very lucky and the RNG is on your side and the same goes for most of the guns, having varying severe accuracy penalties for being mid air- but if you pay attention to the scope when zoomed in you'll see it blur out when both jumping and moving (except when you crouch-move). Only when there's no opacity on the scope lines will your shots have 100% accuracy.
Now try jumping with the scout while zoomed in. When you're at the apex of your jump you'll see that the scope clears up and you'll actually be as accurate mid-air as you are standing still, and it's simultaneously the worst and best mechanic in cs:go.

The recoil is different, but the same principles of all guns having different and mostly predictable recoil patterns still apply, it's just a matter of learning the new ones.

Also barrels and such that used to have physics have now become completely static objects, which is really nice because you no longer get stuck on them at the worst possible moments. Atleast you can (and should) shoot and break potted plants on other maps.

harrygomm posted:

yeah. i was wanting to watch hiko more than LG though. PGL has a lot of nice touches, it seems like they're real casters/its a real sport more than, say, esl or any other series

PGL is really fukken good, love their production values

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 12, 2015

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Welp, gave mushu a key bind to drop glocks, so he drops $16000 worth and then spectates/rejoins to get hella cash and dropped a nade, crashing the server :v:

I only did it once, I didn't know you could spectate->rejoin for another $16k

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
So are you all you guys just friends with each other and that's how you team up? I see announcements on the steam group for people looking for more members but.. where are they playing?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

JK we found out how to fix it when this happens again: if everyone leaves the game resets and its fine again

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620

There isn't any info about the actual server in the group. Not sure if that's intentional or nobody cares to change it.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

sterster posted:

So are you all you guys just friends with each other and that's how you team up? I see announcements on the steam group for people looking for more members but.. where are they playing?

csgo.sub.io

add that to your favourites and get the password from the front page of the thread linked above.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Kinda surprised Liquid came back but Nitro and Hiko are playing super well

oh they were only down2-0 because they came thru the losers bracket and lost in OT on the first map tonight

stump collector fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 12, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
VP vs TSM is such a good matchup.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smol posted:

VP vs TSM is such a good matchup.

Arguably the best T team vs arguably the best CT team

VP is so scary on train. It just seems that the moment they get utility out against you, you're done.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

are VP usually so bad on d2? i'd think it would suit them

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I think TSM are just really, really good at d2

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

That one weak rear end smoke machine gets me every time. The entire event looks pretty dinky, and there is no way 90% of the audience can see that screen.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

actually qatar is the sporting capital of afroeurasia

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Antares posted:

are VP usually so bad on d2? i'd think it would suit them

combined with TSM being really good on D2 like somebody said, it's also not unheard of for VP to just poo poo their pants on a map once in a while.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dust2 has always been VP's worst map by far and I'm wondering why they vetoed inferno instead. They might have been working on it I guess and sensed TSM being weak, and decided to gamble it.

It's hard to go through pure aggression on dust2 Tside, it's a much more meticulous map where you need to get picks. VP are very much an explosive team

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
Pretty good series so far. Both teams are great on Mirage so I'm hoping for a close game.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Those analysts are stupid. "No close game" overpass was a 16-13

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

dex_sda posted:

Those analysts are stupid. "No close game" overpass was a 16-13

Unless it goes to OT they always say that poo poo. I can't count the number of times I've seen players walk away with a 4 or 5k and have them be like "pretty solid 3k right there"

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

fennesz posted:

Unless it goes to OT they always say that poo poo. I can't count the number of times I've seen players walk away with a 4 or 5k and have them be like "pretty solid 3k right there"

"We can see TSM not investing in anything. p250s, couple deagles and a couple smokes"

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

The plow is real

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

yeah some nasty 1-taps from taz

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
4 rounds no problem

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Crazy ct half by vp. They win pistol, they win it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's a lot closer now. I think VP should have saved another round here

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

pasza's aim and reaction is just so consistently good it's impressive.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

VP in a really tough spot, since TSM has a pretty strong economy right now. Unless they can manage to win consecutive rounds, they'll lose due to the economic disadvantage.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Holy poo poo TSM might win a major event for once.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

VP would be happy to force OT

geez how do they lose that round

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
So many rounds thrown away

mcvey posted:

4 rounds no problem

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My fetish is watching pros die because they do the dumb weapon switch while someone is right around the corner.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
:vince:

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

oh my god and TSM is broke

excellent final map.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
what a collapse

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

CS doesn't get any better than that boys.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lmao it's almost like VP was just playin'

"yeah we're gonna drop the ball HAHA gently caress OFF"

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

What a great loving game. Matches like these are why CS:GO is my favourite esport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

loving Christ can TSM not choke at a major event? I just want to see my team win for once.

• Locked thread